Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Indeed.

I need to go to bed pretty soon. These are just getting weird. And it's getting late.

[youtube]MfzNEmqeIWo[/youtube]

Buh ****... Just noticed that one of my ex-'teamleaders,' - The one who was joking about falling asleep at the wheel and running into a truck (which would result in all of our deaths,) calling myself, a team-member, a "f***ing c**t" for saying I had a problem with him driving every day on 1-hour sleep, and whose job I was doing for half a year at my previous company, now has a job with a local Council.
A council that I had applied for, but due to severe time constraints, had to knock back an interview for. I may've knocked back an interview for them around 5 months ago, or 3 months ago, but at the time, it was a matter of (I knocked it back because) . :
"You can ONLY have an interview at "this time," or withdraw your application."
As the interview was in a day or two, and I had just taken a day off, I couldn't guarentee 100% that I could've made the interview. I think this was around 5 months ago, though, so he didn't get the same position I was offered an interview for.

Either way, now, he's only had the job for a month or so, so I assume it wasn't the earlier position I knocked back an interview for, but can only assume it was for the position I applied for in late October (and have an "unsuccessful" email - not even an interview stage like the previous application.)
Seriously... That stings. That **** gets everything handed to him. And he doesn't even know what it means (based on his attitude and behaviour towards being a teamleader at the last company - based on his decision to have 45min-1 hour morning tea breaks, AND 45-1hour lunch breaks, in an 8 hour day - not including the fact that occasionally we had to travel up to an hour each way to the site, and we 'finished' half an hour early - and the bosses looked every other direction instead of dealing with the problem - yeah, he had it ****en easy.) Hopefully he's grown up in the last couple years - I doubt he has grown up any given his nature and behaviour in our last company, but hopefully he has. Given our last meeting, I seriously doubt he deserves the position though.

Yes, I'm being cranky, but he seriously got everything handed to him in the last company, and now apparently his new council - I honestly can't see him competing with others in a competitive job market for that type of position. :(

Oh well, last post for a few days, so see you around! :wave:

Last edited:
Buh ****... Just noticed that one of my ex-'teamleaders,' - The one who was joking about falling asleep at the wheel and running into a truck (which would result in all of our deaths,) calling myself, a team-member, a "f***ing c**t" for saying I had a problem with him driving every day on 1-hour sleep, and whose job I was doing for half a year at my previous company, now has a job with a local Council.
A council that I had applied for, but due to severe time constraints, had to knock back an interview for. I may've knocked back an interview for them around 5 months ago, or 3 months ago, but at the time, it was a matter of (I knocked it back because) . :
"You can ONLY have an interview at "this time," or withdraw your application."
As the interview was in a day or two, and I had just taken a day off, I couldn't guarentee 100% that I could've made the interview. I think this was around 5 months ago, though, so he didn't get the same position I was offered an interview for.

Either way, now, he's only had the job for a month or so, so I assume it wasn't the earlier position I knocked back an interview for, but can only assume it was for the position I applied for in late October (and have an "unsuccessful" email - not even an interview stage like the previous application.)
Seriously... That stings. That **** gets everything handed to him. And he doesn't even know what it means (based on his attitude and behaviour towards being a teamleader at the last company - based on his decision to have 45min-1 hour morning tea breaks, AND 45-1hour lunch breaks, in an 8 hour day - not including the fact that occasionally we had to travel up to an hour each way to the site, and we 'finished' half an hour early - and the bosses looked every other direction instead of dealing with the problem - yeah, he had it ****en easy.) Hopefully he's grown up in the last couple years - I doubt he has grown up any given his nature and behaviour in our last company, but hopefully he has. Given our last meeting, I seriously doubt he deserves the position though.

Yes, I'm being cranky, but he seriously got everything handed to him in the last company, and now apparently his new council - I honestly can't see him competing with others in a competitive job market for that type of position. :(

Oh well, last post for a few days, so see you around! :wave:

See you around. Had something similar happen at the place I worked, a guy with 4 years experience got promoted to a section-lead role in an area of the company he knows nothing about and he will now have people with 20+ years experience reporting to him. The reason he got promoted is because he is the worlds biggest suck-up.

It's an old ploy, you promote the screw-ups so you've got a good workforce. If your lucky the screw-up gets moved away because of the promotion.

Hence Texas Governors (and high-level politicians from other states, presumably) repeatedly getting pushed into running for (or actually landing: *shudders*) jobs in the federal government. At least we get them out of TX!

Hard work is it's own reward, Pyro! Working miracles results in higher expectations. No good deed goes unpunished. I am being mind controlled by a fortune cookie monster. ;)

Best fortune cookie fortune ever: "Within the coming 5 months, you will find 3 missing socks."

I swear. Pulled that out of a fortune cookie in a Thai restaurant in Springfield, IL, ca. 2004. I laminated it.

Hard work is for people that don't shove their nose up another person's ***.

Oh, I'm on a roll today.

So you're saying i should start working hard? No way!

And while on the subject: Was expecting to be very busy at work for the next couple of weeks. But somehow today at work all that work disappeared into thin air. Now i'm actually gonna have very little to do.

Best fortune cookie fortune ever: "Within the coming 5 months, you will find 3 missing socks."

I swear. Pulled that out of a fortune cookie in a Thai restaurant in Springfield, IL, ca. 2004. I laminated it.

Glad i didn't get that one. I'd be worried about losing at least 3 socks in the next 5 months in order to find 3, because right now i got all of them where i want them.

Hard work is it's own reward, Pyro! Working miracles results in higher expectations. No good deed goes unpunished. I am being mind controlled by a fortune cookie monster. ;)

I guess. I've been working like mad for the past 5 years. Idiots get promotion. I need a raise but I'm not getting anything. Seems doing your job is not a qualification for a raise - appearantly it requires a diploma that has no further significance.

Don't accidentally bite your tongue with those diamond teeth of yours. It could get messy.

I have found a folder on my computer I had forgotten existed. It contains my first 1.09 single player character and the the key file is dated 28th of August 2002. I had been playing MP at a mates place before this, but it is the oldest D2 file I have. The sad thing is it means I've been playing the Diablo franchise almost exclusively for more than 11 years.

That's not sad, well I think not.

I've started playing Diablo II in 2001. I told my then bf I wanted to play a pc game, he tried several on me which he kept saying were very easy for beginners but I managed none of 'm and I ended up bawling my eyes out feeling useless. He then tried Diablo II and that went reasonably well, he sat next to me for hours instructing me with things like "that's a wall, not a door" and "no you cannot drink choking gas potions".

I've tried not many other games since, usually discouraged by still being crap at them. Tried Sacred (1) about a year ago. I could play that and reasonably well but I don't enjoy it a lot. The characters, both your own aswell as the enemies and the npc's are silly, and it made me cynical.

Diablo I started playing in 98. First character was a warrior. DII I picked up after my birthday in 2003. First character was a paladin that got lost in Normal Act III in the jungle and I gave up on him. He was a character that wanted to use vengeance but had mana issues using it (I thought three element attacks were awesome!) Started back up in 07 and have been playing off and on ish since. I also now have both Torchlight, Torchlight II, and haven't bothered to update my POE from the (open beta?) I think.

*serves tea

*serves Dew

*prepares wine

Also,

*prepares hot chocolate for next three days (temperatures at 16,1 10,-1, and 16, 2 with 5-9 inches of snow tonight through tomorrow afternoon)

Too far back to find the quote. Hubby is travelling this week, so haven't talked with him yet and neither with the friend. It can wait until hubby and I have the time to talk it through on Sunday. Friend is apparently angry enough to not contact me. I can live with that. Have to pling other friend for a meeting though since she's started to lie to me because of the other friend. Not good. Have to find out what that's about.

I guess. I've been working like mad for the past 5 years. Idiots get promotion. I need a raise but I'm not getting anything. Seems doing your job is not a qualification for a raise - appearantly it requires a diploma that has no further significance.

There's no alternative to working like mad for me. I couldn't be at work and not care or not do the best I can. That just wouldn't be me. It has worked for me too. I've got a raise every year until my last boss turned psycho on me and suddenly wanted me gone. That actually turned out very well for me. I'm now working the same job at a different company (which was in a group with the former company before they sold that former company, so I know everybody there from some years ago). They appreciate me being there and bringing order to chaos so I expect a raise next year as well. Here's hope at least. ;)

That's not sad, well I think not.

I've started playing Diablo II in 2001. I told my then bf I wanted to play a pc game, he tried several on me which he kept saying were very easy for beginners but I managed none of 'm and I ended up bawling my eyes out feeling useless. He then tried Diablo II and that went reasonably well, he sat next to me for hours instructing me with things like "that's a wall, not a door" and "no you cannot drink choking gas potions".

I've tried not many other games since, usually discouraged by still being crap at them. Tried Sacred (1) about a year ago. I could play that and reasonably well but I don't enjoy it a lot. The characters, both your own aswell as the enemies and the npc's are silly, and it made me cynical.

He must be a saint! I'm patient but I doubt I would have managed that.

*wine please* I don't believe in self-service!

*cuddles bar*

I pushed his patience to his limits, but not with Diablo II. He's not a saint but he's a thoroughly good, decent and honest person. We're no longer together as we're too different but he's made the biggest difference in my life.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High