Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Hence the afore mentioned inevitable rut. So long as I can ignore my family and play D2 until my eyes bleed I could care less, until I burn out on D2. Then you'll hear some complaining!

I think this is one of those things that gets better with age (so I've heard, right Kegs? ;) ). Once I approached the end of a certain decade (ahem) I started to care a lot less about the "big things" in life, and a lot more about the "little things", like cooking good food, having a beautiful home, sustaining meaningful relationships, all that c***. I have come to believe that if your job is with good people, you'll be fine, even if you are bored. If your job is with horrible people, your life will be an unending nightmare, even if it's being massaged by supermodels all day, or whatever you guys consider to be an awesome job. I presume it involves supermodels.

Ah. Aye, mothers day is a big thing. For her it works like this:
She hates it because it's commercial. And she claims every day must be mothers day!
Then she is insulted we don't pay enough attention to her.

Same with grandchildren. Me and my sister will remain childless. From a young age on she's told us we must not get children, and that if we did, we'd not have to expect her to babysit!
Now she's the only one in the family with no grandchildren, so she's angry with us now for not having any children.
Etc.

We should make a Mothers Day card with dark clouds on it.

Your mother told you not to have children. The implication being that children are so awful. And since you were her child, this meant you were awful. Am I missing anything? My mother did the same thing. "Don't ever get married or have kids." But she was married with a kid. So - her life, as my mother, was so horrible she had to warn me away from it?

I actually did a search for dark Mother's Day cards and couldn't find any. You aren't supposed to say these things, at least not in card form.

I think feeling like you are in a rut is a normal part if adulthood, to be honest. In a way it's a good thing, since most of the excitement around is bad. And that's why people have hobbies, bc work sucks.

Anyone here seen the movie "The road to nowhere?" I haven't but some friends have. It's about how our education system gives kids false expectations by over preparing them for the real world. You get so pumped up by school and "you can do anything!" tripe and you get in the real world and do data entry. Or name tags.

Hence the SoCo although Sauza tequila is better ...

Ha, I love the "you can do anything you want" kind of teaching. I would amend it to "you can do anything you want but you'll be bad at it and you will be poor" and then we would see some real results. A more realistic approach would be "look at your parents and at least be better than them" and you will have a good life.

SoCo has not been consumed by me since my 21st birthday. That smell...

Rut buddies sounds dirty. But let's do it! Know that my aim is to get myself out of our rut though. ^.^

Yeah, mine too, but you know, its a rut.

I think feeling like you are in a rut is a normal part if adulthood, to be honest. In a way it's a good thing, since most of the excitement around is bad. And that's why people have hobbies, bc work sucks.

Anyone here seen the movie "The road to nowhere?" I haven't but some friends have. It's about how our education system gives kids false expectations by over preparing them for the real world. You get so pumped up by school and "you can do anything!" tripe and you get in the real world and do data entry. Or name tags.

Hence the SoCo although Sauza tequila is better ...

Still no problem with what I'm doing as I chose it, but its still not as enjoyable as it could be. Thus...New Oppurtunities Ho!

Can't say that I have seen it. I don't think that I was given overly high expectations, but I did expect more from uni. Getting an average paying job after doing three years of uni was a surprise. I dunno; just when I've taken holiday and have time to consider it, I do wonder where I'm going. :/

*loves Lindsey Stirling*
She's done some amazing covers, game themes, and originals.

Eh, I got an above average salary for starting out after college, but expenses have expanded faster than my paycheck, thus unhappiness.

P.S. Already watched every video she has made, you are behind on the times.

Ha, I love the "you can do anything you want" kind of teaching. I would amend it to "you can do anything you want but you'll be bad at it and you will be poor" and then we would see some real results. A more realistic approach would be "look at your parents and at least be better than them" and you will have a good life.

SoCo has not been consumed by me since my 21st birthday. That smell...

Yay poor!

Also, I knew someone would agree with me on that smell...lol.

I think this is one of those things that gets better with age (so I've heard, right Kegs? ;) ). Once I approached the end of a certain decade (ahem) I started to care a lot less about the "big things" in life, and a lot more about the "little things", like cooking good food, having a beautiful home, sustaining meaningful relationships, all that c***. I have come to believe that if your job is with good people, you'll be fine, even if you are bored. If your job is with horrible people, your life will be an unending nightmare, even if it's being massaged by supermodels all day, or whatever you guys consider to be an awesome job. I presume it involves supermodels.

Sorry, but I wouldn't know about things like that. ;)

I'm not sure what I even think an awesome job would be, but it certainly wouldn't be that.

I love my job! Am I the only one here?

I also like my mother. Not bestfriend like, but can live with her and like to talk with her once a month and meet her twice a year.

*wine please*

*cuddles bar*

I don't hate my job. It's dull, but it has moments of sheer terror, like traveling to DC and dealing with fresh TSA agents. (For you non native speakers, fresh means asking to do things that would normally require dinner and drinks first, and possibly a legal contract.). Besides, whenever I feel too much like I'm in a rut I just start poking Lozy with sharp implements to see what will happen. It's usually wildly entertaining.

An awsome job wouldn't be beeing massaged by supermodels all day, that would become so boring so fast.
I would love to skydive all day, bungy jump, deepsea dive, paintball, ... something thrilling but different every day.

I married a supermodel (at least I think so) and gotten massages from her, they are awsome but if I would be getting a massage each and every day would take the fun and niceness of it away.

If there will be more rutting and things alike maybe we should take it to the DooL?
This is a happy, silly place with things frequently put on fire, people getting whipped with the cat o' nine tails, drinking, laughting, goofing around and last but not least making fun of stegs and his age.

I don't mind the rut talk and it happens frequently in a bar that there is talk of rut and people drinking trying to forget it all.
Then again it makes the bar look a little more gloomy and less cheerfull.

*Hugs everyone in the bar and does the "there there everything will be alright" pattings*

Little tip about English - "rutting" and "being in a rut" are two entirely different things. The first refers to ... erm ... animals making baby animals. However I will reign in the grammar sergeant stuff.

Little tip about English - "rutting" and "being in a rut" are two entirely different things. The first refers to ... erm ... animals making baby animals. However I will reign in the grammar sergeant stuff.

Not necessarily for google translate. Both translated the animal way to Norwegian, but correctly to German. Who knows how it translate to whatever language kamap speaks (they sport several there and I don't want to irritate him by saying French).

*more wine please*

*cuddles bar again and again*

Warning, cuteness awaits inside...

999779_739691352710948_254966801_n.jpg

Pyro said:
P.S. Already watched every video she has made, you are behind on the times.
Yeah, I've only seen a few of her vids, and think she's an amazing violinist. I'll check out more when I'm home.

@kamap - I don't really think any rut talk here has been overly negative, especially not DooL worthy. It's just a short discussion of what is (or isn't) progressing in our day to day lives (yes, I know what DooL stands for. ;) )

*cuddles bar and offers wine*

They had some funny not so nice mothers day cards at Target last year, I really wanted to get one for my mother in law.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High