Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Missing cat is now returned cat. He'll be missing cat again in a day I'm sure, but for tonight he stays in.

*wine please*

*cuddles returned cat and the first to post after this post*

I love it when I leave and keep the window open (because it was partly cloudy at the time) that it storms and now my windowsill is not really that wet.

*returns from class

*keeps window open

*serves Dew

Moar - They can't talk to someone who you don't list as a referee. Even asking for another one doesn't seem quite right. Good luck though, and glad the cat has returned.

kamap - Hmmm, maybe not. I've heard meditation is good, but it's not something I can focus on at this point. I usually feel like I have plenty of other things I'd prefer to do, but can't.

And the nights are just going to get cooler.

Beer Please
Been hunting the best one all my life

[youtube]CtmxXgKU1o0[/youtube]

it's like series of Beer with intermissions for pissing really
:D

I'm Still ordering "Anchor Steam" though.

@Moar: In your situation I would probably try to explain what happened between you and your ex-boss. It will seem better if it comes from you. It is a hard call though.

Well I got over my stomach problems / food poisoning, but now I've been hit with a man cold .......

Glad you're better, but for the cold. Flu season is coming around, so I'm trying to stay as healthy and dosed up on citrus and vitamin C as I can.

Night bar. Hope you're all well.

*hugs*

She's a psychopat and will paint me in the worst picture she possibly can and her boss would do the same.

I could be (read: probably am) completely wrong but are there not some sort of laws against giving bad references by ex-employers?

I'm not sure what its like in other countries, but if a previous employer is called, the only thing they are allowed to say is if they did in fact work there.

If they are a reference I bet thats a different story though because a reference is meant to tell the good/bad aspects of your character etc. But the reference would have to be a specific person, not the company as a whole.

I'm not sure about the laws here. I always thought they could only call the persons you had on your CV (which have to be relevant to former workplaces, of course). That HR person actually called the two persons I named to her from my former workplace and additionally talked with the HR person at that company while ignoring both of my references. I'd have looked up the laws if that would have ended badly for me. Luckily the HR person is the only reasonable person in that former company who is trying her best to put out the fires the other leaders start. So she just said that there was a conflict with my leader and she didn't want to say more about that. She also said that I quit because of that and that I did my job. I'll ask my new boss more about that when I start working there next Wednesday. Might be that she had to argue a lot to get me hired.

Tl;dr: Got the job!!!

*round of drinks please*

*cuddles bar*

Congratz Moar. :highfive: Do they need anyone else there? I've been really unhappy with my co-workers the last few days. Which caused a mood to reflect that. Thankfully i got a long weekend which started about half an hour ago. Woehoe!

I'm not sure about the laws here. I always thought they could only call the persons you had on your CV (which have to be relevant to former workplaces, of course). That HR person actually called the two persons I named to her from my former workplace and additionally talked with the HR person at that company while ignoring both of my references. I'd have looked up the laws if that would have ended badly for me. Luckily the HR person is the only reasonable person in that former company who is trying her best to put out the fires the other leaders start. So she just said that there was a conflict with my leader and she didn't want to say more about that. She also said that I quit because of that and that I did my job. I'll ask my new boss more about that when I start working there next Wednesday. Might be that she had to argue a lot to get me hired.

Tl;dr: Got the job!!!

*round of drinks please*

*cuddles bar*

Congratulations! :yes:

I think that this calls for a large glass of wine for you to celebrate. :wine:

* serves wine

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High