Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

So now that the Christmas Valium's worn off, and I've discovered I didn't get this awesome job I interviewed for in early December, it's time to do a smidge of job hunting. I've applied for one NHS job I'm not qualified for (something I have a habit of doing) and I'm trying to to apply for this one job but

HOW CAN I APPLY IF THE 'JOBS AND CAREERS' SECTION IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION?!

sry4capsthnx

Anyway, I've got Neverwinter Nights 2 to look forward to, at least, I hope that statement is true now it's been patched and updated with two expansions (Steam sale of course - my only purchase so far).

I lol'ed at that, FE. I probably shouldn't, but I did.

I made a snowman yesterday. I went out and fixed him today, the snow had melted a little and he was beginning to fall. I like snow.
Dew, pl0x. I have to do some time on the trainer today, and someone had requested I make a video of it to demonstrate the jet-turbine whine it produces. So there is that.

It was meant to be funny. It was hideously ironic, maybe there was an underlying joke about how another vacancy was for an IT guy to fix the **** site...

Not much else to report, just some spam spam here and some spam spam there, everywhere some spam spam.

What is this squid I keep seeing referenced?

My wife bought me Civ 5 and StarCraft 2 - I've played a little Civ, but it doesn't compare to running Hell Countess for Vex.

The squid is the mythical beast of the Forums that devours posts whole and sometimes pulls the entire site down to the briney deeps

Someone doesn't know about the squid? I'm not telling him, and whoever does shall have to face the harpoon gun him/herself.

EDIT: Owned by corax. Serves me right for not pressing F5 before I post.

Spam.

Drink? I'll take a virtual soco, coke and lime to go with this RL water I'm drinking.

I tried to pick up New Vegas again, but I just can't get back into it; the main storyline just bores me. I tried to pick up Alpha Protocol again, but the part I left it at is very hard. I started Neverwinter Nights 2, but the camera is giving me so much grief I feel like Steam owes me my money back.

The squid is a constant enemy here, so you will need to talk to Thy about sizing for armor and ordering a trident. You notch the trident each time you fight the squid. corax had to start a new trident.

*serves a drink to FE*

I just realized I have passed a_M and become the third most prolific spammer in the Bar. So unless w_m or Ana comes back, I will will gain the title in a few hundred more constructive, thought-provoking posts.

A celebratory Dew, please.

So unless w_m or Ana comes back, I will will gain the title in a few hundred more constructive, thought-provoking posts.

I doubt Ana will come back, I can't find her anywhere :( Not sure about w_m though.

My brother and his wife are having a second daughter! Or they will in May, when she's supposed to be born. I'm so happy! And the ultra-sound was awesome, specially the little feet. I feel quite some knitting incoming... Gotta do that as doting auntie, right?

I'll have a glass of some fine Douro Red Wine.

Cheers and a Happy New Year for everyone! :D

Hmm I'm a distant 18th in the spamming department. I don't think I'll be catching anyone soon either lol.

@Sid - congrats to your brother and his wife!!! May birthdays are the best too. The Sun starts coming out, school is about to hit summer vacation, everything turns green, flowers bloom, etc. Oh and a doting aunt certainly knits little booties for her niece :).

Hmm I'm a distant 18th in the spamming department. I don't think I'll be catching anyone soon either lol.

@Sid - congrats to your brother and his wife!!! May birthdays are the best too. The Sun starts coming out, school is about to hit summer vacation, everything turns green, flowers bloom, etc. Oh and a doting aunt certainly knits little booties for her niece :).

So how do you know what rank of SPAM you are? I seem to be missing a lot of the small features that make this site tick.

back in the main section (where you select threads) click on the post count number on the right hand side and it comes up with a breakdown of how many posts each person has.

I'll have to work on catching up to you PM, I used to be the spammer of spammers here but left for an extended breal. not too mention i tended to be the only one on in my timezone so nobody to spam with. I believe i still hold the DOOL in my iron fist....

Grats to your brother and family Sid, kids are awesome...thats a lie, kids are evil, but alot of fun at the same time.

Grats to your brother and family Sid, kids are awesome...thats a lie, kids are evil, but alot of fun at the same time.

I'll 2nd that :thumbup:

And I have a big fat 10 posts (11 now) so I will have to spam a lot to get anywhere near any of you guys.

happy new year guys.

I also would like to point out that people who send text messages or ring at midnight are tools and should be shot. in the crotch

Now I just have to spam enough to match corax's spammity post count. That may take time.

Dew please, my first of 2011. Man, I wish it would just stay one year for a while. I liked '10. Nice, round number. Even so, Happy New Year to you all, and I hope it's a prosperous and enjoyable one. Where none of the crap that happened to us all this year happens.

you mean the crap that happened to us last year.

My 2011 started off well. I got let out of work 2 hours early....which never happens ever. It comes about as often as the ice ages.

you're only just under 2000 posts shy of me. I'll have to step it up and start posting in places other than the EMB again. Although I can't offer advice anymore as i'm lacking knowledge of all the new runes and combos that have been cropping up.

Hello all.

So my rig stopped booting at 10AM on NYE. Today I've realised I had to reinstall W7 as nothing else (to my limited knowledge) was working. Luckily it's on its own partition, so no data was lost except some game saves and stuff that default-saves to My Docs. Currently in the process of reinstalling every single program to re-register it on the... registry, as I'm not aware of a program that does that.

Lost a couple day's spamming. SPAMMY NEW YEAR! Aside from my PC woes, I've been pretty productive. Got a letter from the Hospital confirming I didn't get the job, but an offer to call for feedback on the interview. Going in town Tuesday to hand out some CVs in the high street and will look online for jobs too.

My headset's due to arrive in a couple days, so I might give recording vids another go, once the essential programs are reinstalled.

who has two thumbs and is about to go to work.... <--this guy!

It's not even worth going to work today (no stock due to severe flooding) but apparently i still have to make an appearance. so 2 hours of work then the rest of today off then 2 more days. I am looking forward to it.

you mean the crap that happened to us last year.
Yes, that.

Days off work good. More time to spend with us! Speaking of us (the SPF), are we doing the SPF awards again this year? I will gladly get involved, provided I don't have to do anything. Except drink Dew. And I seem to be out...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High