Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Actually the Coriolis effect is so small with respect to other forces acting on a flushing toilet or a draining bath that it effectively has no effect at all. The direction in which a toilet or bath vortex rotates will be determined by the local forces acting on the water. And I'm pretty certain the writers of the Simpsons would have known this. ;)

Reason: the Earth's rotation is so slow, that for the Coriolis effect to have any noticeable impact on a rotating fluid, it needs to be big - very big, on the scale of large weather systems and atmospheric and ocean currents.

Lab Assistant. It's pretty much what I studied at school, I've just never done it as a job, and haven't... kept up with it, shall we say.

I watched this hilariously OTT American (of course!) programme called 'Sliced' where the guy sliced (of course!) a toilet in half, and found it was simply the slanted ridges inside the rim that determined the directional flow of the water, and that they were just reversed in Austrailianaland. Because the redneck with the chainsaw laughs in the face of science.

It's Saturday night, and the drunks are wandering my street, loudly.

Also, Step Up 3 is a terrible film.

I like spaces between my paragraphs too.

Spam.

cricky nerd alert.

However in Australia we do punish people by kicking them with a big boot. that part is absolutely 100% true.

Ended up coming second in the tournament. 4 wins and a very close loss. Would of been 5 wins but they had to cut the time for the last game by 1/2 hour because the TO dissappearred for an hour for lunch instead of half. Which is very dissapointing. However we did have 4 great games (and a shockingly terrible one where i could of murdered our stupid opponents) and winning $60 is nothing to be sneezed at.

Page 3? Unheard of.

I've been trying to record game footage/sound for uploading to YouTube but am having trouble. It's late and I'm tired and crabby, and freezing cold, which isn't the most conducive amosphere for testing. Also the username I wanted was taken, which just annoyed me more. I think I'll have to save it for my next day off, which isn't for a while. I did get a second £10 Amazon voucher from the online survey site I use, so the new Creative Fatal1ty headset I've been lusting after may be closer than I think.

[/rant]

More HyperCam2/FRAPS woes tonight. It's not helping that my headset is running through the X360 controller, or that W7 has no StereoMix.

My boss told me that she was unable to secure an extended contract for me, and I'm now set to be terminated on my original contract end date: December 24th, known to some as **** Christmas **** Eve.

My boss told me that she was unable to secure an extended contract for me, and I'm now set to be terminated on my original contract end date: December 24th, known to some as **** Christmas **** Eve.

Well if that's not messed up, I don't know what is! Sorry to hear that.

On the bright side...at least you know you won't have to work Christmas.

at least you know for certain whats happening. my area manager is avoiding me

I finish at 1630 Xmas Eve, I've been told. The only other people on shift will be the store manager and the other temp, who I cannot stand.

Nothing like 3/4 of a bottle of expensive free wine (end-of-term gift to GF from a fellow teacher) to make me forget about being emasculated by a petite blonde woman on a power trip and being unable to buy Xmas presents and pay the rent. Watching Spliced, which is a very weird film so far, and going to watch the final of The Apprentice later. No spoilers pl0XX.

SPOILER ALERT!
turns out they apprenticed him.

has a job. it's my old job again. i really wish they would listen when they ask me things. then this wouldn't be happening right now

Funny stuff, but I just read spoilers on Facebook, because I'm a tool, and can't leave that site alone for more than an hour, it seems. Thank heavens I don't have a smartphone, else I'd spend all day on there.

Ah facebook, the best procrastination tool. It is funny though, once I finished university (and started working full time) I stopped going on fb. I guess when I only have limited free time I don't want to waste it ...

I use FaceBook more as a tool than an amusement, it is for talking to people without that dreaded scourge of mankind, the telephone. It is for finding people you once knew as well, but sometimes it is also for crushing your hopes and dreams when you find out they are very different than you thought, and not the person you knew at all.

Today was the last day of class, a mere formality really, but one I attended nonetheless. Afterwards there was a gathering of the public speaking class at a restaurant, but thanks to traffic around the mall I arrived so late that they were already getting ready to leave. They did stay for a while on my behalf, but I still am disappointed and angry at myself for missing it. I'll get over it, I guess.

Dew please.

I use it to keep in touch with people where I used to live, and to make exceedingly witty sarcastic comments that most of the time only I enjoy. I also use it to make myself sad at how low spelling and grammar standards have become in these modern times (no offence to ESL folk, I'm talking about native speakers).

It's kept alive by my incessant spamming, F_E's updates on his (rage-inducing) job, and the occasional visit by TRM or J6G. erics stops by just for the floats and the occasional chance to take something literally. Is that anywhere close to what it used to be?

Speaking of spamming, I should spam now. Spam spam spam on eggs. And a Dew to go with it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I have one, I just wish either a) it was better or b) the manager would DIAF.

GF and I just had a huge fight about... (ready for this?) not cleaning a water spill up quick enough. Sigh. Isn't living together fun? I'm not sure whether to be a stubborn *** and play games all night, or try to make up and watch bad TV.

GF and I just had a huge fight about... (ready for this?) not cleaning a water spill up quick enough. Sigh. Isn't living together fun? I'm not sure whether to be a stubborn *** and play games all night, or try to make up and watch bad TV.

My wife and I rarely fight about things that aren't completely meaningless, so don't feel too bad.

Fighting is a good excuse to play some extra D2 however :scratchchin:

I wouldn't make up to watch bad TV, but I would make up for something else...

The bar used to be spammed that heavily that by the time you made your own post there would be 5-10 other new ones up. it ws crazy.

Fighting over nothing is awesome. My wife is also a big fan. Like me telling off our daughter then ignoring her when she cries. I will not have a sooky child. But apparently it also makes me a bad person.

A what child? Is that a regional term?

Blah. Pffft. Etc.

I remember when the Bar was crazy like that, between me, erics, A_M, w_m, and the crazy Aussie butcher man, there was serious spamming going down. And plenty of others. There were some days where there would be a page of spam by the time you click 'post'.

Christmas shopping day, I broke my sunglasses running through a parking lot. New ones will be purchased, plus stuff for everyone. I have planned some overlap in the presents, so I will play some jokes and have people wrap stuff for someone else when they are in fact wrapping their own thing. I will keke.

Dew please, and an eggnog chaser.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High