Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Yeah but some cats will just eat the clothes or CD inserts and then puke on the accesories.
(I'm lucky, my cat's passion is for tape and carpet fibers, mmm, nummy)

The cream of which I speak is usually "non dairy* creamer" though my great grandpa swore by
half and half. I'm not too sure you can even find real cream in most resturants. Tess always used
the little liquid containers but I prefer the flavored powder for mixing into chai or cocoa.

*contains milk.

@ Pman, my house is not exactly the average household then. I have a lot of things more explosive than non-dairy creamer (what ever that is, I am still confused about cream in coffee). I would give examples, but I don't really want my house raided by ASIO.

Maybe something more explosive, but not more flammable. The Mythbusters worked with it once, the results were definitely Don't-Try-This-At-Home material. It set an entire hillside on fire. And the hillside was dirt.

Fun fact: Non-dairy creamer is one of the most flammable things laying around the average household, and can be extremely dangerous. And really, really cool.

Would it be at all possible to get a Dew around here?
That is one of the most awesome things I've read here :D

Drinks are on me today people! Bartend, give around some Dews, Beers, Green Teas, etc for everyone, 'cause it's my birthday!

Hope ya'll have a good one!

-DZJB

I'll take a green tea.

Happy Birthday DZJB. Enjoy your day for the both of us, as mine will be terrible.

Happy Birthday!
*takes a Dew from the sub-zero cooler*

It's a very good day for me, too. I got my license today! So now I can drive all by my lonesome (between the hours of 5 and 9), which is really cool. I'm going to go out driving around tomorrow, which will be really cool. I can have a friend in the car with me, so all I need to do now is find a friend...

I'll be your friend Pman,

After 9 do you need to have someone with a full drivers license in your car?

Today has not been a good day for me so far, I was reviewing some calculations I did on modelling Ecoli (bacteria) removal in a wastewater lagoon. Turns out I made a stupid mistake (I had depth as Surface Area/Volume) and with the correct values the model is no where near as good as it was with the wrong values ..... hmmmm what to do.

The ex and I are meeting for lunch today. I hate situations like this. I know I'm going to say the wrong thing, or start crying, or something will go wrong. I'm really nervous, and of course I'm smoking when she doesn't like it when I smoke, and I want a drink inside me to steady my nerves... Arrgh!

with the correct values the model is no where near as good as it was with the wrong values ..... hmmmm what to do.
Either do what economists do (the results define the model) and fudge things while hopeing
no one notices. Or do the correct version and present it with a large margin of error. (or
recollect data/rework the model so it's a more acurate fit, but that involves, you know-- work)

Happy late B-day, DB (sorry, but intials that can't be words and aren't obivious abbreviations
are hard to recall) You know that means? Cake!!!

FE: I hope the meeting goes okay.

Jcakes is my friend!

Yeah, it has to be someone who has had their license for 5 years or more.
Barkeep! Dew!

I am sad, Lance crashed out of a race today, which is not at all cool. I was looking forward to seeing how he did in the mountains, especially with Levi and Contador there.

Either do what economists do (the results define the model) and fudge things while hopeing
no one notices. Or do the correct version and present it with a large margin of error. (or
recollect data/rework the model so it's a more acurate fit, but that involves, you know-- work)

The thing is the model wasn't actually used for anything except to compare different treatment options, the mistake just makes the model not show the different options as well. Essentially having a slightly wrong model does not actually effect anything, it is just that it is wrong.

@F_E good luck with the meeting!

I've had the best day I've had in over a week.

Green tea please.

From this:

The ex and I are meeting for lunch today. I hate situations like this. I know I'm going to say the wrong thing, or start crying, or something will go wrong. I'm really nervous, and of course I'm smoking when she doesn't like it when I smoke, and I want a drink inside me to steady my nerves... Arrgh!

To this:

I've had the best day I've had in over a week.

Green tea please.

So, what happened? Assuming it went well then? :thumbup:

<gets kanonfutter a coffee>

We had lunch and I still felt a little awkward, so I had some cider with the meal. It was just so very nice to talk to her. We didn't argue or talk about bad things, just about silly things or college work. We went back to my house as we needed to swap illegal downloads. We watched Peep Show and talked for about eight hours and held hands. It was amazing. It was like being on a date - I think, I haven't been on one.

Green tea please.

Green tea's ready when you want it.

That's not quite the turn of events I expected, but I'm really really glad things turned out better than any of us may have imagined. It's cool that you're both cool, even if things aren't completely sorted out just yet. All it took was a little space apart to evaluate the situation?

The outcome of you two hanging out in an amicable fashion is something I'd never imagine for myself in my wildest dreams. I'm a relatively sensitive guy, so expressing what minimal feelings I have isn't a real struggle. My biggest problem with any of my relationships (including GFs, friends, family, coworkers, the whole lot) is that I can't talk about the big things that bother or upset me about a person/situation. Dealing with issues is so tough for me that if I have a fight with someone, that usually signifies the end of the relationship. I've never had an argument with a GF that didn't result in a permanent break-up. For me, it's not fight or flight: it's fight then flight. No make-up snuggles for me! :coffee:

@Pman: That news about Lance made my jaw drop yesterday, and I immediately wondered what your reaction was. A broken collar bone is a hell of an injury to recover from. I hope this wasn't the end of his comeback dreams, 'cuz I'd love to see him return.

I heard the cake was a lie.

[/OT]

Thanks for the well wishes. First I was too sad to do uni work, now I'm too happy. This is ridiculous.

@TRM: Well we didn't really have a fight. We were getting towards being three weeks away from eachother (long-distance relationship) and we had been talking a lot about the future (moving in together etc) so I think she got a little nervous (she's 21 in May, we starting going out when she was 16, and got engaged when she was 18). We didn't actually fight when we broke up, just that she said she needed some space and still wanted to be friends.

I can't talk about big issues either. They scare me to my core.

Make-up snuggles are nice.

Green tea please. I must do this damn uni work!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High