East Side Untwinked "ESU" Round 2

Re: East Side Untwinked "ESU" Round 2

Last week we had 3 slots open, so the more the merrier. :) Just posting to remind everyone of the event tonight. I'm level 34 right now and I've finished normal baal, so we can first drop him a bit before nightmare if anyone wants.

Lucky

Let's recruit, there is plenty of time to level someone up in this stage of the game. I vote to add Nomadj.:thumbup: Are there any other forum readers that might be interested in joining?

The gem mule needs a cube, I'll get one for him today in-between my chores.

Since it looks like I have 3 out of the 5 votes req'd so far. :D Should I go ahead with the hammerdin I'm currently toying with or do I need to start a new toon to play? I'll be honest most of my experience playing in hell have been with a wind druid and hammerdin. Just let me know what is req'd of me.

And for those other 2 voters....vote early, vote often!!!

edit: You are playing ladder, right?

Last edited:

Since it looks like I have 3 out of the 5 votes req'd so far. :D Should I go ahead with the hammerdin I'm currently toying with or do I need to start a new toon to play? I'll be honest most of my experience playing in hell have been with a wind druid and hammerdin. Just let me know what is req'd of me.

And for those other 2 voters....vote early, vote often!!!

edit: You are playing ladder, right?

I say go for it and welcome to have you. A new toon would be better as the group is lacking any form of life boost. This leaves you with a bo barb or a even better in play , take HP's summon bear druid.

I can help you catch up on a the remake quickly as Ive a chanter
shoot me a pm here or at w*Sara3_hcl if you care to take me up on this offer.

I'll go with the druid....I think. lol I'll start him when I get home in a couple of hours and see how far we can get. Thanks.

edit: http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420025 I'm planning on basing my build off of Jordanbcool's 1.11 Summoner guide, with some minor adjustments most likely. Just not set in stone on everything. If I'm way off base please let me know.

Last edited:

Another smooth night for ESU. We stayed in normal, Baaling to get our levels up. Nomadj joined in after a couple runs with his hunter/summoner and he fit right in.:thumbup:

The drops weren't that great, a Stormrider was about the best thing I saw. The Lances of the Yaggi were, well, that's how our drops went.:crazyeyes:

Leveling from 33 to 41 gave me a chance to change my build. I already had doubts about FA with with an Orb'er in our group, in fact I had not put a point in it. A nifty little set of maiden javs came by and I bite. Pure LF on the jav side, I won't have the points to spare for anything else. Strafe on the bow side, with one point in Fa.(eventually)

Tonight was pretty straight forward we went baaling all night and got a new addition with Nomadj which helped a lot with my life pretty much doubling. The only problem we came into was our first baal run when Lister and his buddies gave us a little trouble. We started out with only 4 of us and Nomadj joined us a few runs in. Looking forward to starting nightmare next week.

Sorry I was late last night, but I had to get the ancients chore taken care of before mother would let me come out and play. I'm definately looking foward to next week when I can quest the entire time with you guys/gals.

Good to hear I was actually useful. To be honest standing in the back strumming a xbow that may have had a negative IAS (you had to be there) was painful. Felt like I was a tag along since I couldn't really do anything other than keep the pets alive. Next week should be quite a bit better. I'm hoping to get my lvl's caught up by then. Last night got me high enough I was able to throw a few points into shockwave, a couple more into dire wolf, and oak sage is about 3 points from being maxed if I recall.

And thanks for letting join late in the season.

I apologize for not being able to make it. My girlfriend was in a car accident, when she was hit by a girl who ran a red light downtown. She was fighting with her boyfriend on her cell phone when she didn't stop in time. My girlfriend is alright, a little banged up, but understand I needed to go take care of her. >< Thankfully, the impact was mostly on the front driver's side wheel and not directly on her door. I'll catch up and be there for next week.

Lucky

Wow man that sucks. Unfortunately, I know exactly how you feel. Four years ago my wife was in a very similar accident. Our one year old pickup got totaled and she still has reoccurring neck problems because of it. Idiots, cars and cell phones, what a combo.:rant:

I have to admit trying to get the druid caught up solo style is taking a lot longer than I was expecting. I finally hired a baba merc last night just so I had another heavy hitter in my group of pets. After I did that I finally started to make some progress, but I still seem to be lvl'n really slow. Is there a particular area I should be working in that would help? I'm almost lvl 31 btw. And yes I know baal runs get decent xp's but I'm not sure the pets could handle the minions yet.

I don't know about the rest of you but my gorilla looking druid had a pretty good time last nite even though his out a shape but kept getting tired from running through the desert. :) From my point of view it look like my shockwave could potentially cause some issues with LE's and such? And thx for xp shrines everyone. It help me get within about 3 lvls of everyone else I belive.

Shockwave and FELE do NOT mix. Unless you feel like taking out a party member, be VERY careful around them.

That was the conclusion I was coming to. So since that attack is out, should just stand in the back keeping the pets alive?

-------------
Liking to begin ESU since recent connection problems have handicapped me from long playing bouts, I would like to sumbit my character, as ESU-ToastNTea (BO-Singer Barb) for a spot in upcoming runs. Account *Kragujevac msg me if anything comes up or what not.

I hope I get in!

-------------
Liking to begin ESU since recent connection problems have handicapped me from long playing bouts, I would like to sumbit my character, as ESU-ToastNTea (BO-Singer Barb) for a spot in upcoming runs. Account *Kragujevac msg me if anything comes up or what not.

I hope I get in!

A barb would be most welcomed to the group. The only drawback is the party is just starting a1 nm and we're all about lvl 47. If your caught up and untwinked, cya at 9pm est.

actually we're just starting act2 NM. I don't mind helping someone get caught up but I won't be on tonight until right before go time.

I just got to a2 and found far oasis wp, and I am level 44 I might gain levels during play to catchup, My BO is level 12, and Shout 21 (+1 with sigons added).

-Update-

Last night we blasted thru act2 and act3. We had a recent addition to the group making us mighty in number. The bo from Krag added gobs of saftey for the group I think I was pushing something like 2200 life, with 30-40 stat points saved.

However it wasnt quite enough for the nm council. We lost Flixx our mighty sin on a fe pop. Other then this moment and one time our Sorc was porting, there was no close calls.

We did have some great drops which include a String of Ears, Steeldriver, Ko rune , thul and sheal rune. I'd like to shoot for a Harmony Bow for Yogi if it's possible. I'd like to weild insight when/if we could make this. Spirits and smokes are always popular too. Perhaps the mighty forge gods will be kind to this band of merry adventures.

So next week we'll tackle Big D himself and run the groups forges. Look forward to seeing you all there.
:coffee:

screenshots coming later.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High