East Side Untwinked "ESU" Round 2

Re: East Side Untwinked "ESU" Round 2

This party looks overpowered. I say you all get grushed to hell and start hell at level 24. If you did that then I'd join in.

This party looks overpowered. I say you all get grushed to hell and start hell at level 24. If you did that then I'd join in.

Lies! Mr I was invited but refuse to give up Monday night Footbaal (isnt that why thy invented vcr's and tivo?)

Very cool, glad its starting tonight.

Whats the ESU naming convention? ESUyournamehere, yournamehereESU etc?

FYI: Subway was voted #1 on the East Side.

Holy Cow Batman , Random comment of the day award.

Also your talking about an area that has 300K+ people in a worldclass city. The chain "subway" has got nothing on some of the landmark mom and pop's. (heck they've got nothing but perhaps more locations and price even compared to D'angelos or quiznos (sub chains))

For example take Katz's Delicatessen on the lower east side. Just because a place like Mc'd sells the most hamburgers, it hardly constitutes them being the best burger around. Similarly Brittney Spear's song was among the top of charts and album sales all over the world. You care to argue this was the "best" musically written song produced that year? (I think not) :crazyeyes:

Chart performance

"...Baby One More Time" remains Spears' biggest U.S. and international hit to date.[12] The song debuted at number seventeen on the Billboard Hot 100,[13] the highest debut of her career, and was able to climb to number-one on the chart, staying there for two weeks[14] and becoming her first number-one hit and only one to date in the U.S.[15] The song also reached the top spot of the Hot 100 Singles Sales, staying there for a solid four weeks;[16] this eventually propelled the single to a Platinum certification by the RIAA.[17] Though not as strong as its sales tallies, the single also experienced considerable airplay, becoming her first top ten hit on the Hot 100 Airplay chart peaking at number eight.[18] The track spent thirty-two weeks on the Hot 100,[13] her longest run on the chart, with a vast majority, twenty-nine, of these weeks within the top forty. The single also became an all-around hit on Top 40 radio, going top ten on both the Top 40 Tracks and Rhythmic Top 40, and to number one for five weeks on the Mainstream Top 40.[19]

Internationally, it was an even bigger hit, reaching the top spot in every European country charted,[20] including the United Kingdom,[21] and also ascending to the summit in other countries such as Canada, Australia and New Zealand.[12] It was No. 1 in Australia for 9 consecutive weeks[22] and became the second biggest-selling single of 1999, behind Lou Bega's Mambo #5;[23] eventually, it was certified 3× platinum by the ARIA.[24]

Spears broke a first-week sales record for a female debut act when "...Baby One More Time" sold a total of 460,000 in its first week of release in the U.K.[25] The single went on to sell over 1.45 million copies,[26] making it the biggest-selling single of 1999 in the U.K.[27] It is also the 25th best-selling single of all-time in British chart history and the 2nd one by a female artist.[26]

It sold the most albums, it must have been the best written music at the time to make everyone fork out the $18 for the CD.

ok i guess i'm in then this evening, starting a sorc? look forward to it. and any name tags or just w/e name i want :scratchchin:

ps - boo subway

George W. Bush was voted President of the United States.
Subway was voted #1 on the East Side.

In neither case did I argue that the winner was "the best."

Whether Subway deserved to be voted #1 on the East Side is a matter of opinion. The fact of the matter is, it was voted #1. To deny this is to suggest that we, the people who frequent dining establishments on the East Side, may have been duped, and that the process used to determine which dining establishments were truly favored may not be legitimate.

Just don't name your sorc Britteny Spears.:rolleyes:

So Session one.

We started tonight a couple people short, but look forward to their company next week. Thanks to all those who are choosing to take part in this party. Tonight was a pretty straightforward run thru with lag being the hardest monster. Things really don't get interesting until nm and hell.

There was however this one pack of beastly monsters just as we entered cold plains. It was scary!
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/Master_Zappy/Screenshot211.jpg

So far I've been pumping prayer and have a point in clean , one in might and one in holybolt. The regen can take me from half life to full in 2 seconds. As such I didn't stat until level 17.

We had one unq drop, the Dragon Chang spear. Countess also bequeathed to us a Tal rune.

Hp has graciously accepted the role crap-keeper...erm the esu mule , +1 to you sir :thumbsup:

Every wp in Act 1 : Check

I'm not sure if this is what Master Zap had in mind as far as documenting our character's progress... but here goes and please correct me if I'm misguided.

So ESU went smoothly tonight, only a couple people got disconnected (briefly) and we made some quick progress through Act I. It was my first time being a part of something organized like this, and I have to say it really was a blast. People sharing loot, sticking together and basically kicking *** as a team. This on its own would be really cool, but knowing that the same group of people are going to come back week after week until we've killed Baal in hell really puts an epic spin on things. It's like we're writing the opening chapters of fantasy trilogy. Or something. :p

As for the basics, we all hit 17 and signed off right after taking the caravan east to Lut Gholein. I'm really looking forward to fireclaws next level.

To me, one of the more interesting parts of the night was watching how the group's movement dynamic developed. At first, we kind of roamed around A1 as a giant blob, trying to stick together but with no real tactics. Then as we starting hitting the tier 2 skills I started to notice people seemed to fall into particular roles, or at least certain people seemed inclined to lead the charge, which was cool. I know Hideous certainly enjoyed running into the fray static fielding to his hearts content. As a big charmin bear I felt like it was my duty to run recklessly into big packs of enemys and slap them with my paws. I should probably cut this out before it gets me killed.

Shortly after someone mused "I wonder what our first unique will be?" The Dragon Chang dropped in the barracks... to be enjoyed by someone's A2 merc.

And yeah, I'm tired and tucking in. Fun times folks, fun times.

Edit: Zap beat me to the punch mid-post, so excuse the redundancies.

yes! screenshots. more please next week guys, i like to look back at our adventures, and being the nub that i am (about most computer stuff that is) i dont know how to take a s/s myself.

good times.

yes! screenshots. more please next week guys, i like to look back at our adventures, and being the nub that i am (about most computer stuff that is) i dont know how to take a s/s myself.

good times.

Press the 'Print Screen' button. You will find the picture in your \Diablo2 folder.

My build doesn't actually do any damage, so I mostly just followed around on everyone's coat tails, picking up gold, and strangling gas potions (to sell for gold). Next week I will get HoW which might be semi-useful for the team.

As for the crap-keeper, I think we should all keep are gems on him for now, and try to get him a cube next week (if we don't have a full game). That way we can cube up some useful gems, rather then all hording our own little crappy collection of chippies.

See you all next week.
-hps

Edit: Also, can I be our first death?

Yep, overall things went very smoothly through act1.

Those champ beasts in the cold plains were a challenge, I think there were two packs of them, back two back. The other scary part for me came in level 2 of the jail. I got isolated from the group, then chased and cornered by a boss pack of goatmen. Had to TP out.

My current strat is to save as many skill points as possible until level 24, then put a point into decoy and strafe up to level 30. Why decoy? Other than the fact that the deek is a great skill/tool in it's own right, a level 1 valk with 5 into deek has the same life as a level 5 valk. She will be somewhat effective right out of the box.

This on its own would be really cool, but knowing that the same group of people are going to come back week after week until we've killed Baal in hell really puts an epic spin on things. It's like we're writing the opening chapters of a fantasy trilogy. Or something. :p
Yeah, it really makes the game worthwhile.:thumbup:

No one is permed, correct?

Edit: Also, can I be our first death?
No, dieing is not allowed. :p Do you want to rebuild? We have plenty of time.

Last edited:

I agree overall went really smooth and this is also a first for me and it was a lot of fun. This is also only the second sin I've ever built, but so far its awesome. The only time my heart started pounding was in Cata level 4 when we hit a lighting enchanted and i was out of pots and my hp dropped down to 15...Other than that it was awesome and fairly easy. I think by the time we hit hell I'm going to be sick of hearing the Sin grunt everytime she kicks....But anyway everybody in the group is awesome and I haven't had this much fun since the first few weeks LOD came out. Anyway act 2 next monday!

Bad news, my HD is fried, I'm posting from the wifes' putor .( God do I hate this thing.) Hopefully I can be game ready Mon.

Just posting to let you all I'll be able to make it tonight. I have class 5-8, but I'll be home in plenty of time to grab some snacks and get ready. I'll be in Banana around 8:45 on the account *LuckyDwarf- waiting to tear it up. It took a while to get my character up there, but he has just finished Andy and has been waiting to fulfill his desire to smite the undead of Lut Golein.

Lucky

Windohs vista + D2 =:rant::banghead::hang: I'll be there somehow.

I'll be there tonight as well. Lookin' forward to it.

@Yogi: Good luck!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High