D2R General Chat

Unless they changed it, the .key file contains your hotkey bindings, so don't delete it unless you want to painstakingly reassign all of them.

The map files store your automap exploration, they have absolutely nothing to do with the map generation.

I was about to say you should just reroll your map but seeing as there is no local MP that is not an option. :( So waiting for NM and then going back should fix it.
Yeah, waiting till NM is what I wanted to avoid. Sigh, well, I have pretty graphics to hold me over until then.

I'm not sure that this is a new bug as I found old posts about (what appears to be) it.

Anymore tips or experiences with lowering the time of loading screens? It's kinda getting to me. Feel it's the same wether it is online or SP.

Anymore tips or experiences with lowering the time of loading screens? It's kinda getting to me. Feel it's the same wether it is online or SP.
Biggest thing is running the game on a SSD, in my experience the graphics setting have very little effect on load times but im running it on a pretty beefy rig i built a few years ago so i guess it might matter more depending on hardware?

didn’t even bother logging into online. sucked back into things pretty quick. just got to hc nm with a druid named druid - LFG

Reactions: coju
Biggest thing is running the game on a SSD, in my experience the graphics setting have very little effect on load times but im running it on a pretty beefy rig i built a few years ago so i guess it might matter more depending on hardware?
It is on a SSD, but I hear so many different stories about long or short load times, that I have no idea what to make of it. It's the load time after the actual creation of a game. On average it take 10 secs before the loading screen dissapears.

It is on a SSD, but I hear so many different stories about long or short load times, that I have no idea what to make of it. It's the load time after the actual creation of a game. On average it take 10 secs before the loading screen dissapears.
The other two ideas I've seen that have worked for people to decrease load times are to use -ns as a launch option, and disable the framerate cap - vsync apparently has no effect on load times however framerate cap set at any amount will slow down your loads.

I noticed that you can do certain actions with your character already when loading screen is still on. Like moving nearer to the waypoint. So that could save a few seconds.

The other two ideas I've seen that have worked for people to decrease load times are to use -ns as a launch option, and disable the framerate cap - vsync apparently has no effect on load times however framerate cap set at any amount will slow down your loads.
The -ns launch option I haven't tried yet. Will do when I get home, fingers crossed!

I'm using an m.2 and the load times are okay, just slightly slower than D2L for me.

I am getting the "usE aLl Da VrAM" though. I tried changing some settings, with no improvement. It seemed like graphics settings aren't actually changed until you restart the game.

I'm using an m.2 and the load times are okay, just slightly slower than D2L for me.

I am getting the "usE aLl Da VrAM" though. I tried changing some settings, with no improvement. It seemed like graphics settings aren't actually changed until you restart the game.
I popped onto my D2L install today and hoo man. Even though my loads are good in D2R it is wild how good it feels running LK with instant loads from D2L.

Yeah, waiting till NM is what I wanted to avoid. Sigh, well, I have pretty graphics to hold me over until then.

I'm not sure that this is a new bug as I found old posts about (what appears to be) it.
This one is worth rescaling the image:

slayerChainRulerSmall.png

@radament: Bish better have my money.

Switch doesnt have chat, and therefore no /players x. This is stil True, and I wouldn't be surprised if that remains the case. I expect the other console versions to be the same.

I really should of looked into that before I paid 70$ for it. Waste of time playing on /players 1

I really should of looked into that before I paid 70$ for it. Waste of time playing on /players 1
That sure is a premium price. It baffles me that there is no chat or /players mechanic.

I also don't know why, but my loading times have been slightly better in offline play. That coupled with the queue system, basically made me completely switch to SP. Started up my (obviously) untwined barb this weekend. Maybe a singer? Maybe Frenzy? Time will tell.

Last edited:
Played for about two weeks on battle.net and got pretty tired of whole unstable server issues pretty quick.
Decided to quit the whole online play and come back to SP; and loaded up the old tourney character.

And OH MAN; was the original D2 this choppy?
I didn't feel much of an upgrade when i started playin D2R, but i definitely feel the downgrade xD.

Anyways, that's just enough an excuse to completely switch over to D2R for me. ;)
See you all on the other side~ (?)

EDIT: is there a way to launch D2R straight into SP?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NorthDakota
Finished NM with my Frenzier, doing it all at P3. Found a few uniques to help a bit, but the best change was getting Insight for my merc. Need to get a good Meph map and farm a bit before moving on.

Reactions: NorthDakota
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High