Covid-19 Prepping thread

What's with all the pee talk in here? You guys all sitting at home cosplaying Trump?

Reactions: In The Name of Zod
I thought it was Adam Schitt who is hot for golden showers.

Day 16

Golden Girls roleplay today. All day. I called dibs on playing Sophia. "Picture it, Sicily. 1912...."

I hate to tell you, but when I was shopping yesterday, TP was sold out. Not a single roll was left, ridiculous! I thought I'm living in an area with only a few idiots, but it might also be the case that the supermarket didn't get replenishments because of the idiots elsewhere.

I still have enough TP though.

They will have paper to wipe their asses but no food to put in their mouths by winter. Plant your garden now.

Germany 2019: The richest 10% in Germany own half the money. Germany 2020: The dumbest 10% in Germany own 50% of the toilet paper.

I can't pack any more food into my chest freezer but I stocked up on canned goods, tea and coffee to minimize the need for grocery runs. I'm a hermit so aside from having to run D&D campaigns online, my life hasn't been affected much. Not having people stomping around in my domain, putting their hands on my stuff and bothering me with talky-talk is a blessing.

I hate to tell you, but when I was shopping yesterday, TP was sold out. Not a single roll was left, ridiculous! I thought I'm living in an area with only a few idiots, but it might also be the case that the supermarket didn't get replenishments because of the idiots elsewhere.

You know I was dumb enough to think the same thing until I saw the empty shelves with my own eyes. Not just in one store, mind you, but ALL of the stores in the area. I won't pretend to understand the tp hoarding thing. Is it a survivalist thing? Can you make soup with it? Can it be used for bartering?

What to do with all your excess tp:
  • use as a bib while we all drink our own piss
  • wrap it around you head when you have a fever
  • mummify the dead for pickup day
  • throw a roll at people who come to close to you
  • make underpants out of it mummy style
  • wrap your pets up in it and slide them down the corridor
  • prefold/scrunch it up so it's always ready when you need it
  • unroll it down long hills
  • wrap it around gas filled balloons and set the tail on fire
  • pour petrol on it, light it up and kick it around the park at night

Reactions: jmervyn
I won't pretend to understand the tp hoarding thing. Is it a survivalist thing? Can you make soup with it? Can it be used for bartering?
To take you seriously (at least for a moment) -

I can't claim this answer as original; I first heard the explanation in a discussion with our Physical Security Officer who in turn had heard it during his time in a SERE class in Florida. I've since seen it in a couple of articles & it really makes sense (I cited a random one below); it's that people in an uncertain environment who perceive themselves to be receiving conflicting information will attempt to control portions of their lives for reassurance.

Toilet Paper has the... er, value, of being intimately connected with one of our most basic, yet subconsciously filthy & shameful life aspects.

The psychology behind why toilet paper, of all things, is the latest coronavirus panic buy

To take you seriously (at least for a moment) -

I can't claim this answer as original; I first heard the explanation in a discussion with our Physical Security Officer who in turn had heard it during his time in a SERE class in Florida. I've since seen it in a couple of articles & it really makes sense (I cited a random one below); it's that people in an uncertain environment who perceive themselves to be receiving conflicting information will attempt to control portions of their lives for reassurance.

Toilet Paper has the... er, value, of being intimately connected with one of our most basic, yet subconsciously filthy & shameful life aspects.

I also read that the impact of photos of empty TP shelves (which can't hold a hell of a lot anyway) also helped enforce the idea that you needed to hoard it.

Toilet paper has low storage because it takes up so much space on the shelf. Therefore it doesn't take many people to strip the shelves bare and create a bit of a stir. This makes it the most noticable product in the shop the moment people start deepening their pantries. It's really that simple, marketers have used the 'limited availability' tricks on people to encourage buying for a long time because they know it works. This is the same thing its just not man made by advertisers or marketers.

P.S. Like my new avatar? :coffee:

Last edited:
Reactions: Vildecor
It's really that simple, marketers have used the 'limited availability' tricks on people to encourage buying for a long time because they know it works. This is the same thing its just not man made by advertisers or marketers.
Which makes sense, really - you see telemarketing doing the same thing incessantly...

Wait, maybe this is all just a plot by Big Tissue to boost sales!
P.S. Like my new avatar? :coffee:
For some reason I thought that was a very old avatar of yours... but when one becomes as mentally vague due to age as I have, one should probably go play checkers in the park.

That, or run for President on the Democrat ticket.

[...]

For some reason I thought that was a very old avatar of yours... but when one becomes as mentally vague due to age as I have, one should probably go play checkers in the park.

Hmm, I think it is an old avatar ... but it may not be ItNoZ's old avatar ... it may not have even been on this forum and to be honest, I'm not sure it featured Zod at all.

That, or run for President on the Democrat ticket.

That is crazy talk. Why you make with the crazy talk?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High