Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

Re: Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

Game is over

Town win

Will post more later

I'm just reposting this too polish my ego a bit. Amirite, gorny??

I tried to do a reread; I really did, but I can’t get passed page 4 with all the convoluted spam and names of people I don’t know. So I guess when push comes to shove, I’d like to take [SiTro] or Noodle down with me. If you’re mafia, then sweet. If you’re townie, then lulz.

@ Mod traps- Cool in theory, but too random to be fun. Aman gets bonus points for thinking outside of the box though. Kudos on the host.

Good game. im still bitter at Sitro for whining to me all game about taking away from the game and then he modkills himself. ugh.

I think the traps were a cool way outside the box, and I still think the town wins without them (im not scared, ill post again why)

Wicked knew Jaago and Sitro were both Mafia from investigations. And we were going to lynch noodle until he had gone and got himself into the trap. Wicked pwned and Liquid and Ray pwned Noodle haha.

Town wins, what what. Were there any other roles out there?

Vanilla townie here (obv.)

I disagree. You lynched a cop and a doc in the process. Things would have been different if no mafia members was put in the trap. I'll post more on the idea behind the traps in abit.

Glad you enjoyed the game though. Maybe needs abit of tweaking but i quite liked this setup.

I disagree. You lynched a cop and a doc in the process. Things would have been different if no mafia members was put in the trap. I'll post more on the idea behind the traps in abit.

Glad you enjoyed the game though. Maybe needs abit of tweaking but i quite liked this setup.

haha thats because it didnt make sense to lynch to person in the trap (IMO), and Wicked woulda been the reason we would have won. His investigated the right people and could have revealed that info if need be, hell we wouldnt have found out about Sitro at all if it wasnt for him probably. but who knows if it all unfolds the same way w/o the traps :thumbsup:

Good game.

Although I blame my death on school >.>

I don't know, three mafia strung this thing out pretty far. I think we did a pretty good job.

Fun game! Not particulary satisfied with my performance but I'm new so it's no biggie.

Impressed with Liq being on the right track most of the game. Except when he started getting suspicous of me. :wink:

Hope there will be another one soon so I can make a better job proving myself :p

But what if the townies actually had a hidden agenda that was more sinister than the mob? :D

nice game, Aman you did great. Think it needs some more twinking though, town could hardly loose (we only had 1 kill right) since your traps killed 2 mafia (I never suspected noodle..).
Did your traps go off randomly or did you go townie/scum/townie/scum?

were there any power roles that didn't come out? was there a bus driver?

The traps were a good idea, but it was poorly executed. You don't expect the host to randomly kill participants. Furthermore: in your original post you suggested that I as a townie could only be saved by lynching a Mafia member, but not the other way around, what did happen one other day.

And again I was killed VERY rapidly. I think my high profiling isn't in my best interest in this game.

edit: what were the role assignments of all? I missed the total picture a bit.

Good game ... grats to aman for a well run one. It does need some tweaking though.

One thing people need to keep in mind though, not everyone has the same level of experience playing especially those who aren't on water moon's site on a regular basis.Not to mention that mafia hasn't been played here in a few months.

I'm up for playing another though.

I guess you guys didn't get the hint, you were supposed to lynch Sitro early on ... :whistling:

He's had that for a while. Very annoying while searching back through the thread, see a G-man and assume that's the end of the day when in fact it isn't. Thank god Zhao died early. Though the game wasn't as fun after that.

I don't see how I'm a hypocrite. I was arguing through the game that intentional modkilling exploits a loophole and shouldn't be abused to ensure victory. I also argued that it cheapened the game being played.

I intentionally got modkilled to lose the game.

CC, you might not think your high-profiling didn't help you in the game, but in actual fact what damned you was Aman's RNG picking you for the first trap. It'd be a travesty if you used that for a basis for playing a more silent round next time as if you're a townie that'll hurt the town more than it helps. Although you'll stand a higher chance of surviving till the end, which is basically a second place position in these games.

Gorny: I'd agree to some extent, but don't forget that a lot of the SPF players were playing games for a while before they were introduced to the CF. The games there used to be more frequent as well.

Xvart seems to really hate Ray. I mean, suggesting voting for him even after he's died. Wow. :D

Wickedswami: Post #511, asking which gig it was I'd just been to and which bands had played. I wasn't sure if you were asking as a kind of check (look at myspace of one or more of the bands and see who they'd just played with), or if you're into hardcore punk bands yourself. If the latter, then Off With Your Heads are definitely good, but would also recommend Cop Out from that night. The claim going round just before they played was that they're faster than Kid Dynamite... definitely had a good stab at that.

On the plus side, having been mafia in the last two games means I'm virtually guaranteed to be townie in the next game:

P(Mafia for three games in a row) = P(Mafia in first game) * P(Mafia in second game) * P(Mafia in third game)

Assuming independence in role assignment anyway, but then I think that should hold due to these two games being run by different hosts.

Don't know how long it'll be before I play again mind, my environment is changing soon and I don't know how much free time I'll have.

Thanks for hosting Aman, had fun!

Congrats to the town as well, better luck next time as well.

I had a lot of fun. I thought the story was great, but I just could not bring myself to believe that there was a randomized selection based on aman for the traps. I loved the traps, but I couldn't get over that fact, which was probably why I was so deceived. I totally felt played, and if I had the time right now I would go back and reread everything to see what the mafia were actually doing in the beginning.

xvart.

In retrospect: Gorny's

"vote: Aman

I'm sure of it!"

Wasn't so bad after all. We should've eliminated him.

@Aman: why didn't you assign this role to a SK?

On the plus side, having been mafia in the last two games means I'm virtually guaranteed to be townie in the next game:

Assuming independence in role assignment anyway

That means your still just as likely as anyone else is to be mafia. If i flip a fair coin 400 times and get 400 heads doesnt mean im more likely to get a tails next coz i havent had one yet.

Anyway.... Good game guys. I enjoyed another fairly short lived one. My death was so anticlimactic. :coffee:

@Aman: why didn't you assign this role to a SK?

...because he hates the SK role?
Letting the traps be controlled by a player themselves would have taken away a lot of their novelty IMO.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High