Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

Re: Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

After reading all of the pages and drinking many cups of coffe I have made up my mind on some people.

Noodle is town. Bad Ash is most likely town but I'm not sure.

Wicked was the highest on my list and should be prime target for lynching. He doesn't seem to can prove he's townie and keeps crawling higher on my list.

Xvart could also be a maffia. He was joint second on my list with Liquid.

With Liquid in the trap this opens up a possibility. If we lynch a townie (god forbid) Liquid dies and he's off my list. If we lynch a maffia he lives, but we have lynched a maffia.

Ray is floating in the middle and doesn't seem maffia to me atm. Same for Sitro.

So my conclusion would be to lycn Wicked. If he's townie then Liquid and Xvart are probably maffia which would mean we only need to lynch Xvart to win. If he's maffia then either Liquid or Xvart is maffia and we need to closely observe them to lynch the right one.

So...

Vote: wickedswami

But how did you come on and check the posts right as we were saying we needed contribtuon from you? Did one of your mafia teammates send you an email?:scratchchin:

Hah! No, like I said. I had some spare time to check up on my online affairs.

Calling for a mod kill inst bad form when I have the best interests of the town in my mind. It is hurting our lynch numbers and he is contributing absolutely nothing. True or false? Are you scum Sitro? Could this have been the big slip up? doubtful.

I still think we go after Ray today, but am not confident in any decision. I think it is interesting to think that if people werent around for night one, they couldnt get a NK in...

I think we have a difference of opinion here, so can we just agree I'm right?

Personally, I signed up to play the game, not to exploit everything that could possibly be exploited. If it's going to gain the town a 'free lynch'* then we might as well start tricking people into editing their posts, or encouraging them to post at night.

It's not our role to modkill people, and we should let Aman decide whether a modkill is needed rather than patronise and choose for him.

This issue doesn't make you any more or less mafia in my eyes. I just don't like your style.

Ludacris: Why do you think the mafia would kill BoD Trader last night?

Liq: This is your life at risk today. Step up and direct the discussion. Who do you find suspicious and why, who do we need to put pressure on?

WickedSwami: No. I find your comment odd, and it'll factor into how mafia I think yourself and Bad Ash are. But at the moment I'm still not sure where either of you fall on the Scumometer.

*Ignoring the actions of the doctor and inept mafias since every kill by the town is preceded by a night kill, there's no such thing as a free lynch.

Buh-dum-tisssssshhhhhhhh :rolf:

Yeah. Footnotes. In a game of mafia.
I'm feeling fairly proud of myself now.

Just a quick announcement: I just arrived in Seattle, Washington for the NASPA Placement Exchange conference. Tomorrow I will be interviewing for seven jobs and will likely not be signed on after the morning until the evening. I can't imagine I will change my vote, but we will see what develops the rest of the afternoon. I just want to put that out there now.

But how did you come on and check the posts right as we were saying we needed contribtuon from you? Did one of your mafia teammates send you an email?:scratchchin:

LOL. Perfect timing for humor.

Noodle is town.

I agree. If Noodle is not town he pulled a big fast one on me.

Xvart could also be a maffia. He was joint second on my list with Liquid.

Well Liquid is in the number one mafia spot in my opinion.

So my conclusion would be to lycn Wicked. If he's townie then Liquid and Xvart are probably maffia which would mean we only need to lynch Xvart to win. If he's maffia then either Liquid or Xvart is maffia and we need to closely observe them to lynch the right one.

I haven't picked up the wicked-liquid relationship (but I'm not saying they both aren't mafia). Wicked is certainly ultra suspicious, but not because of any thing that has occurred between the two of them in public.

xvart.

Liq: This is your life at risk today. Step up and direct the discussion. Who do you find suspicious and why, who do we need to put pressure on?
I tried to do a reread; I really did, but I can’t get passed page 4 with all the convoluted spam and names of people I don’t know. So I guess when push comes to shove, I’d like to take you or Noodle down with me. If you’re mafia, then sweet. If you’re townie, then lulz.

Anyone that’s still gunning for me has terrible intuition. Maybe you guys would try harder if I told you I had a townie role. I have a townie role.

Anyone that’s still gunning for me has terrible intuition. Maybe you guys would try harder if I told you I had a townie role. I have a townie role.

How have you helped the town with your "townie role?" The doctor is dead and I do not believe you are the cop.

xvart.

a quick note on ludacris:

being AFK for most of the game and then speed-voting the most suspicious person in the game (me :s) makes you look bad in my eyes. It's like you're hastening the town in a bad vote (me :))

another thing: yesterday (real time) i said i would be on for the last 12 hours or so of the game, but i'm having dinner with my gf's parents tonight, so I won't be on in the later part of the day, I'll be here from time to time in the next 8 hours or so, after that, I'm off for this day.

been reading through most of yesterday(game day)'s posts and noticed BoD was considering luda to be scum. He also was the only one doing so, and now he's dead.

Zhao, DLoveSwe, liquid, xvart, ray, Jaago and Bad Ash are the people that voted gorny on day one.
If i'm remember correctly there were just enough votes to get gorny through. There's a big chance that the scum is in here.
2 of these have already died, so that narrows it down a bit.
We'll know more about liquid tomorrow.

DLoveSwe, liquid, xvart, ray, Bad Ash
As i said a while ago (forgot when exactly, cba to look it up): I think that either ray or bad ash is scum. I'm not sure though

also: jaago (the scum) defended ray in this post

I find Ray's play a little too bold to be scummy. It's a big risk to be very vocal for a townie lynch and knowledge of game mechanics. But of course it could be a ploy, reverse psych an such. :p Still, I'm inclining for townie.

Why is everything so quiet? No idea. I guess lots of people have something to hide...

making ray look suspicious (but then again, maybe that's why jaago did it..)

as of right now, wicked, luda, and sitro have risen to the top of my list. it is too coincedental that Luda isnt posting, I call for his modkill and all of a sudden he is posting without being told to by one of his mafia teammates.

Unvote: Ray
Vote: Luda

Sitro is defending Luda quite a bit and defending the option to modkill which I DONT think he would be doing if he was a townie.

Wicked, why should we assume you are not scum?
@Sitro if i go back and look through all the games, will you be opposed to mod kill in all of them?

Too much inactivity to get great reads on people, but Ludacris is defintely suspicious

probably last post of the day:

first of all:
Wicked, why should we assume you are not scum?
I never understood why you DID assume i was scum.. so i'm not sure i can answer this properly.
I think propaghising (is this a word?) a no-lynch on day one is something scum wouldn't do, but then again i might have done that to make me look good :)
other then that, i've always tried to analyze the situation thoroughly before swinging the lynch-stick. I never hopped on bandwagons, when i saw someone being in the line of fire, i tried to persuade you guys to think before you vote in stead of going along and make sure a townie dies (if i were scum, i would've known i was voting a pro-town, well, or maybe the sk, but anyway)

now, this far in the game, a no-lynch is out of the question i'm afraid, and i'll have to go along with bad ash and vote luda. His fast vote on me makes him mighty suspicious in my eyes.

I was hoping there'd be some more activity today and i'm afraid i will miss out on the biggest part (as i stated earlyer, I can't be on for the rest of this day)

vote: luda

that's all, hope i'll see you tomorrow

Like I told you I was busy. I didn't even noticed when it started on the first day and by then it had about 20 pages full of crap. I simply did not have the time to siff through it. I also told that somewhere in the middle of this thread. Now that I have time I can post. It was just coincedence that I showed up after your request. If I was maffia I would be more involved, but as I am a plain townie it isn't as bad.

a quick note on ludacris:

being AFK for most of the game and then speed-voting the most suspicious person in the game (me :s) makes you look bad in my eyes. It's like you're hastening the town in a bad vote (me :))

another thing: yesterday (real time) i said i would be on for the last 12 hours or so of the game, but i'm having dinner with my gf's parents tonight, so I won't be on in the later part of the day, I'll be here from time to time in the next 8 hours or so, after that, I'm off for this day.

Making the first vote after 24 hours of a day is speed voting? I merely started the voting. Also you're keep telling where you are all the time to tell us that you're busy? To me that seems like you're justifying yourself of being townie. I seriously think we should lynch wicked today.

I tried to do a reread; I really did, but I can’t get passed page 4 with all the convoluted spam and names of people I don’t know. So I guess when push comes to shove, I’d like to take you or Noodle down with me. If you’re mafia, then sweet. If you’re townie, then lulz.

Shows the sacrifice I made by reading all of the 42 pages in one go. If you want to bring noodle down with you then lynching noodle would not be in the town's interest. if you die that means we did not lynch a maffia. Just by that remark I'm doubting your townie role.

Why on earth am I suspicous? I was busy.. I was also playing a maffia game on a different board. I was also not posting there because... I was busy. I'm a townie there and I'm a townie here. Give me one good reason why I could be maffia!

VERY last post of the day:

I just say i'll be gone because no one would say things like 'hmm, i just voted wicked and now he's not saying anything anymore'. By lettin everyone know before when i will NOT be here, these kind of accusations can not be made against me, and I hope to prevent getting wrongfully accused by this. (see how nicro died..)

It's really annoying how i won't be able to be here for the rest of the day, because that's probably when most of the activity will be and when the real decisions will be made :s

with 'speed-voting' i meant that you voted me first, in the first post you have placed in days. You doon't even give a reason why you voted me only that i 'look suspicious'. May I ask you to look at my actions and not on 'how you feel about me'? I don't think i've done anything that would make me seem 'suspicious' besides maybe talking in the wrong tone. But i guess that's just me..

gotta go now, hope you guys lynch a mafia..

Im not sure about luda. It's either him or wicked for my vote today.

Unfortunately i have a gig tonight and have to go soundcheck in about 15 minutes so i have to go with my gut.

Vote: Wickedswami

ok so we have two locked votes since the arent going to be around.

1 for Wicked from DLove
1 for Luda from Wicked

Luda, you seem suspcious because you are telling people to trust in a "coincidence" that is tough to do in this game and you should realize that.

What coincidence?

have you not been reading any of these posts? The coincidence that you arent posting (for reasons you explained), you get called out, I asked for you to be modkilled due to lack of productivity and then miraculously you come back and start posting. That means you were either A. Tipped off by someone or B. reading all the posts and not posting because you didnt want people to get a read on you.

In this game, that is too big of a coincidence, in my opinion, to let you off the hook.

I think you should be lynched today

Sitro is defending Luda quite a bit and defending the option to modkill which I DONT think he would be doing if he was a townie.

Can I clarify? All along I was opposing the decision to exploit the chance for a modkill. I honestly can't stand it when players stay exactly within the letter of the rules but cheerfully violate the spirit of the rules if it means they have a better chance of winning.

I might have appeared if I was defending Ludacris, but honestly, in #415 I spend a paragraph assessing how likely it is he is mafia. That's a fairly odd defense to me.

My honest opinion? It's really strange play if he's townie. Lurking for most of the game and responding when called with a quick vote on an easy target (Note that he doesn't vote in his first post but after reading the entire thread throws in a vote there). His subsequent posts don't sit well either. The attention of the town focusses on him for a few posts, and we end up with posts like #434 which hasn't read right to me.

@Sitro if i go back and look through all the games, will you be opposed to mod kill in all of them?

Feel free. My posting style has changed over the last year (I used to be more flippant and a bit more light-hearted with these games - maybe I should look at bringing that back), but I still think the same way. I have most of the games on these forums bookmarked, would you like me to post a list of the URL's for you?

Wickedswami has been making some good points today, he's edging closer to the townie side of my scumometer. On the other hand Ludacris should be our target today. Look above for my reasoning.

Vote: Ludacris

(Declaring my own absence for dusk in advance. I have a squash game at 8.30pm which means I'll be around for the next hour and a quarter. I'll miss the very end of the day however.)

Can I clarify? All along I was opposing the decision to exploit the chance for a modkill. I honestly can't stand it when players stay exactly within the letter of the rules but cheerfully violate the spirit of the rules if it means they have a better chance of winning.

I might have appeared if I was defending Ludacris, but honestly, in #415 I spend a paragraph assessing how likely it is he is mafia. That's a fairly odd defense to me.

My honest opinion? It's really strange play if he's townie. Lurking for most of the game and responding when called with a quick vote on an easy target (Note that he doesn't vote in his first post but after reading the entire thread throws in a vote there). His subsequent posts don't sit well either. The attention of the town focusses on him for a few posts, and we end up with posts like #434 which hasn't read right to me.

Feel free. My posting style has changed over the last year (I used to be more flippant and a bit more light-hearted with these games - maybe I should look at bringing that back), but I still think the same way. I have most of the games on these forums bookmarked, would you like me to post a list of the URL's for you?

Wickedswami has been making some good points today, he's edging closer to the townie side of my scumometer. On the other hand Ludacris should be our target today. Look above for my reasoning.

Vote: Ludacris

(Declaring my own absence for dusk in advance. I have a squash game at 8.30pm which means I'll be around for the next hour and a quarter. I'll miss the very end of the day however.)

I dont really think you are scum, just you've taken a backseat this game which is not what I was just shown 2 weeks ago. I agree with everything you said and the way we have forced people to contribute this game is by stirring the pot a little bit since people seem reluctant to respond.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High