City Mafia Game Thread

Re: City Mafia Game Thread

Pyro's "What's the reasoning behind going for the tree stump?":
The answer is simple: I like winning. I intended to go for doctor, jail keeper or tree stump. When I saw the list, I guessed Gory, Kestegs and Fred would pick helpful roles like cop or mason, Ankeli an evil role like SK or Ninja and Noodle a quiet role like hider, coroner or bus driver. I assumed my first 2 options would most likely be taken, so I went for the third.

Pyro's "Do you think it would have been better served going for some other role?":
Personally, I wish I had tried picking doctor, so this would have been over way earlier. Generally, I'm surprised by the lack of the aforementioned role, as well as double voter, cop, watcher and restless spirit. I took for granted all this roles would have been picked; fancy that...

Pyro's "Why did you see it as necessary to claim your "vanilla" status early on?":
I didn't. When I saw Goryani's reply stating "Roleclaim?" I freaked out, and thought he was the cop and had checked me the night before. Later, I realized there was no night before, so I asked Caluin and he pointed that was stated in the rules (If a role is chosen that has already been chosen by someone with higher priority, then they are assigned a vanilla role). I decided to ignore the comment, hoping that no one else would notice, specially the anti-town.

Moving on to the day's matters...

I'm concerned about our current situation. I'm not sure what to believe anymore; I'd like to think that Coju is the SK and his bomb claim is a ruse, but if we lynch him and he's townie, as well as the exploding last voter, this will put us in a dire situation. Considering both Rlyeh and Gambor wrote that they would take the blast, it makes me think that Coju is our best shot today nevertheless.

NK immune SK usually survive bombs (which in itself is an NK), look at how my character Matt Cotrium and the NK immune SK in the wheel game interacted... I still think going for him today is the safe bet
I'm going to check the deceased list and search for their role claims, to see if it's possible for Coju to have taken the claim. Either way, I agree he's the safest bet.

Vote: Coju

Ok guys, not really sure what to do right about now, but yes the fact that I'm worried about is that one of the other "trusted" people make it to the final day and it turns out that they are SK then our plan is flawed from the start. Instead of trying to play this lynch system game, I think we should try to push to find the SK before the final day. I think we should push everyother player while we can still do so this day phase and see if anything else scummy turns up. I'm sorry if any of these questions have been answered before but I'm trying to find answers that may point us to something new.

Question for All - What is your best bet on the SK as of right now concerning everything you know from previous days and the reasoning behind it. Do you think one of the so called "trusted" individuals as Gambor put it could in turn be the SK (this includes me if you really do still have suspicions about me).

Gwaihir: Being the coroner or so you say, what do you think the reasoning is that you weren't lynched and BA was last night, don't you think that the SK would want to remove the last investigative role we have?

Based off what I have found from investigations, number of deaths per night, claims highly likely to be true (TC/Gory), and claims confirmed by other people, Pyro and FoE are very highly unlikely to be SK. Val and coju's earlier role claims make it moderatly unlikely for them to be the SK. This leaves me with RE and Gambor as the most likely people to be the SK. As for why I did not get killed, yesterday there were 3 people who were very unlikely to be the SK: Pyro, BA, and FoE and by my count had only 3 nights to kill. This means his top priority has to be you three, otherwise he loses. Another reason for not going after me could be that he did not claim a role that he killed, so he really has no fear of my power. Or he suspected FoE was not telling the truth and he would get another free day while we lynched a mafia.

I agree we should definitely try to lynch the person most likely to be SK, but even if this is coju, we should hold off so that he can make the best use of his bomb power if he is town.

If you ask me for my top choice I would say RE today. Maybe there is something to the higher pick idea. Also, while the roleclaim is sound, the follow up clues were weak. I find this claim more suspicious than the VT from Gambor.
'

I'm going to check the deceased list and search for their role claims, to see if it's possible for Coju to have taken the claim. Either way, I agree he's the safest bet.

Vote: Coju

The only person who died without claiming and has not yet been investigated in kestegs.

Ok, I checked the entire damned thread... the only player dead whose role we have no clue about is Zemaj. Gwaihir, are you targeting him tonight? Regarding your idea... here's the thing... if we lynch Rlyeh today, and he's not the serial killer, then the SK gains a night to kill. If we lynch Coju with Rlyeh taking the blast, and both end up townies (which I highly doubt) then we know for sure it was Gambit all along, we lynch him, win the game and Great Success.

Still, like I said, I'm following you three (you + Pyro + Fred) for lynches. But we are 6 (or 7?) hours away from phase end, so I suggest you all start making up your minds about what you want to do so we can organize a plan both for today and tomorrow.

Gwaihir's "The only person who died without claiming and has not yet been investigated in kestegs":
What in the living hell? Didn't you say on your post #433 that you investigated Kestegs' death because he was the only choice? I hope you have a very convincing explanation for forgetting your own night actions. I'll give you 2 hours before I switch my vote...

[SUB]Targets:
CG, no info (figured it was worth a shot, and he said I could only target dead people)
[highlight]kegs, town vanilla (only option)[/highlight]
[/SUB]
[SUB] Sathoris, town Jailkeeper[/SUB]

Question for All - What is your best bet on the SK as of right now concerning everything you know from previous days and the reasoning behind it.

The SK is obviously lying in his role claim, so lets take a quick look at each of those (from the players alive list):

04. RlyehExiled - Claimed a role that is impossible to confirm, also one of the last to claim.
06. Pyrotechnician - Is a ninja, the myriad twists and turns to this point are well documented. Strongest claim in the thread
08. Gwaihir - Claimed late, but has backed it up as much as possible with information since making the claim.
14. FredofErik - Pretty strong claim, lack of a counter claim means the vig must either be him or someone who died on the three kill night.
15. Valhauros - Claimed days before the mass claim started, with a specific miss, now confirmed as possible. Very risky move for SK.
17. coju - Not possible to confirm his claim, but made it before the mass claims started.
18. Gambor - Claimed vanilla with specific miss (counter claim not possible regardless), during mass claim.

Of those, the weakest claims are myself, and RE. Claims that could be lying, but that are stronger than us are Coju, Val, and Gwaihir. Strong claims are pointed out in the list as Pyro and FoE. I know I'm not the SK, so my bet is RE.

Gambor: What made you try to go for role cop, being the last bid I understand the chance of being vanilla was extremely high but then why go for a middle of the road role, why not go for something bigger like cop or doctor, or pick something less likely to be taken (one of the "lesser" power roles)

As I had the last pick, I didn't try to second guess the list. Instead I figured that whatever I chose, I would most likely be vanilla. With that in mind, I made a short list of roles that I would want to play on the off chance they weren't taken or that I would want to know were taken. I then rolled randomly to pick off the list. As for cop and doctor specifically, cop was on the list, but doctor isn't a particularly interesting role, so it wasn't.

I'm off out now, will be back before days end, but my my that seems quite the slip there Gwahir

Vote: Gwaihir

I'm still for the Coju train though if need be, will check back an hour or so before days end.

@Pyro: I was trying out a new crumb s ystem to stop everything looking for the one I always put (first post, captial letters spell role name or role hint (Such as DOC or MAT I AM), I didn't want to over do it as I was afraid if I crumbed too many roles I'd get lynched not NK'd and if I crumbed one role too hard that everyone believed me, the real cop couldnt come forward without a counter-claim lynch happening.

I said before my flaw was I was TOO subtle, I should of kept with the method of my first post reading "COP" whilst dropping hints and being a jailkeeper somewhere as well (one more subtle than the other and hope someone didn't catch them both).

As for the SK: I think Gwahir or Coju. A flip-flop from my previous thing but yeah, NK immune SK usually survive bombs (which in itself is an NK), look at how my character Matt Cotrium and the NK immune SK in the wheel game interacted. I think it's possible SK Coju killed the real bomb, survived the blast and stole that role claim to be safe. I still think going for him today is the safe bet, with me as the scapegoat incase he is the bomb.

I have to leave in 3 hours but I will be back before days end. (about 2 hours before).

Pyro's "Why did you see it as necessary to claim your "vanilla" status early on?":
I didn't. When I saw Goryani's reply stating "Roleclaim?" I freaked out, and thought he was the cop and had checked me the night before. Later, I realized there was no night before, so I asked Caluin and he pointed that was stated in the rules (If a role is chosen that has already been chosen by someone with higher priority, then they are assigned a vanilla role). I decided to ignore the comment, hoping that no one else would notice, specially the anti-town.

Why would you freak out if you thought he was the cop? If your claim was solid then you would have nothing to worry about.

Moving on to the day's matters...

I'm concerned about our current situation. I'm not sure what to believe anymore; I'd like to think that Coju is the SK and his bomb claim is a ruse, but if we lynch him and he's townie, as well as the exploding last voter, this will put us in a dire situation. Considering both Rlyeh and Gambor wrote that they would take the blast, it makes me think that Coju is our best shot today nevertheless.

If they weren't willing to take the blast then that would be an obvious tell so I'm not sure if that is a solid enough reasoning for them to not be it.

The only person who died without claiming and has not yet been investigated in kestegs.

Gwaihir's "The only person who died without claiming and has not yet been investigated in kestegs":
What in the living hell? Didn't you say on your post #433 that you investigated Kestegs' death because he was the only choice? I hope you have a very convincing explanation for forgetting your own night actions. I'll give you 2 hours before I switch my vote...

Thats quite a slip there, although confusing names is possible but definately something you would check before posting in a time like this.

One more...

Based off what I have found from investigations, number of deaths per night, claims highly likely to be true (TC/Gory), and claims confirmed by other people, Pyro and FoE are very highly unlikely to be SK. Val and coju's earlier role claims make it moderatly unlikely for them to be the SK. This leaves me with RE and Gambor as the most likely people to be the SK. As for why I did not get killed, yesterday there were 3 people who were very unlikely to be the SK: Pyro, BA, and FoE and by my count had only 3 nights to kill. This means his top priority has to be you three, otherwise he loses. Another reason for not going after me could be that he did not claim a role that he killed, so he really has no fear of my power. Or he suspected FoE was not telling the truth and he would get another free day while we lynched a mafia.

That is a pretty well thought out reasoning..., so I guess I shouldn't expect to make it through the night if we don't get the SK today since I seem to be the most "confirmed". From the way it looks its going to be Gwaihir, Val, and Coju in the final day if we wait, all middle of the ground claims...hope we can pull this together before then.

Time is obviously running short, so if we can get a general concensus thats fine and we will see what happens when the person flips, that will obviously determine what we need to do tomorrow. If we lynch coju now that leaves us with only one more mislynch after today so we better make it count if thats the option. Otherwise I say for today we just lynch directly and hope for the best. Gwaihir's slip is odd, but I'm not sure how to handle that until he comes back with a response.

Pyro's "Why would you freak out if you thought he was the cop? If your claim was solid then you would have nothing to worry about":
Because I hadn't put anything on the text that, at that moment, I thought gave away my role?

Pyro's "If they weren't willing to take the blast then that would be an obvious tell":
I agree, but considering that Coju has not offered locking himself to prove his innocence and vouch for somebody else's lynch the following day, makes me think that he's more likely to be scum than Rlyeh and Gambor. If I were townie bomb, and were about to be lynched, I'd lock myself to spare the town to lose more members, and denounce X or Y player as the one the town should target the next day in order to win. That's just my perspective, though.

Pyro's "If they weren't willing to take the blast then that would be an obvious tell":
I agree, but considering that Coju has not offered locking himself to prove his innocence and vouch for somebody else's lynch the following day, makes me think that he's more likely to be scum than Rlyeh and Gambor. If I were townie bomb, and were about to be lynched, I'd lock myself to spare the town to lose more members, and denounce X or Y player as the one the town should target the next day in order to win. That's just my perspective, though.

You know what your right, I hadn't considered the lock yourself to spare the town but it does make sense. Only concern obviously is if we vote coju today and he is in fact the bomb then we have one less day, but he is becoming more likely. I don't like the idea that the SK could be bomb proof so I really rather avoid that possibility. Well, hopefully this all works out then...

Vote: coju

CG can we get a vote count please?

CG can we get a vote count please?

Of course!

coju (2): Valhauros; Pyrotechnician
Gwaihir (1): RlyehExiled

As an added note; I'm out with some friends tonight, so I may not be on precisely at 6:00 to close the day out. I'll try to at least drop a post containing the role flip should you choose to lynch someone, but it may be a bit later than normal. Please remember that the day still ends regardless if I close it out officially or not.

Someone vote coju and I'll put down the lock. I'll check back in an hour or so.

I'm sorry, but once again I won't be around for day end as it is at 3 a.m. for me, and I (sadly) have a job to get up to tomorrow.

I'm all in for a coju lynch. However, Gwaihir will hopefully have a nice explanation that I can wake up and read if coju doesn't turn out to be the SK. However, I do feel good about the lynch.

Vote: coju

Did we decide who we wanted to throw down the final vote? I still think RE is more scummy then Gambor, but I guess I'll leave it to you guys to decide, as long as we secure a lynch and we feel confident in our decision.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High