Beyond Infinity... To the Item Find Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally had a 5os drop! I was wanting to make "Beast" in a Berserker Axe... but just how expensive are the repairs on these superior items? I may just stash this one and wait for a normal one to drop. It'd be kind of cool if it was ED but increased durability? :confused:

Screenshot345 Cropped.png

Most people don't use Beast as a primary weapon, rather they use it on switch to turn into a Bear. Beast is level 64 while Grief and Death are both level 59 weapons that do more damage.

That said I put mine on and took a quick spin through Hell LK with it. Mine is in a plain Berserker Axe and the cost to repair from 13 back to 26 durability was 8,089 gold. It also didn't take very long to loose that half of its durability, so you would be making frequent repairs.

I haven't really seen any info on Werebear attack speeds in D2R. I wonder what the attack speeds are for sorcs for example. Best use for it in D2R SP seems to be a Commandomancer now.

Reactions: Coyote_Sly
Most people don't use Beast as a primary weapon, rather they use it on switch to turn into a Bear. Beast is level 64 while Grief and Death are both level 59 weapons that do more damage.

That said I put mine on and took a quick spin through Hell LK with it. Mine is in a plain Berserker Axe and the cost to repair from 13 back to 26 durability was 8,089 gold. It also didn't take very long to loose that half of its durability, so you would be making frequent repairs.

From everything I recall about repairing Superior Weapons (and I don't have the exact calculation), the Superior rating jacks up the repair cost pretty significantly. I'd be interested to hear exactly how much though.

Best use for it in D2R SP seems to be a Commandomancer now.
I think a 'Beast' Berserker Axe is also a popular choice for a Summon Druid too.

--

I re-tooled my highest level Paladin last night to be a Smiter. I'm gonna take on those Ubers eventually... Anyways, I did some Baal runs to get a better feel for the character. No really major drops, though I did get another Shaftstop which will be useful for another character's merc, and these nifty Assassin gloves:

IMG_0505.JPG

When I get around to questing a Martial Arts Sin, these will definitely get some use.

From everything I recall about repairing Superior Weapons (and I don't have the exact calculation), the Superior rating jacks up the repair cost pretty significantly. I'd be interested to hear exactly how much though.
but just how expensive are the repairs on these superior items?
That would be close to x20 of the normal price but don't forget the Cube recipe to repair!

Here are some measurements that @Zyr inspired me to present in this thread a few months ago.

I suspect that staffmods (+1, +2 or +3 to a skill), and "increased durability" in superior items are the main sources of repair fee inflation. I still haven't experimented to learn whether "damage/attack/defense" mods in superior items significantly bloat repair costs.

Reactions: Foghorn Leghorn
Oh, hi!

9UkEkDj.png

So I'm planning doing CoH for my Uber Smiter with that Sur and another one I have dusting in my stashes. Same question as @BBS_Agonistes about repairing costs, should I use this normal archon plate:

Archon Plate
Defense: 492
Durability: 55 of 60
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 103
Fingerprint: 0xb74b11d5
Item Level: 86
Version: Resurrected
4 Sockets (0 used)

Or Larzuk this one:

Superior Archon Plate
Defense: 598
Durability: 57 of 60
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 103
Fingerprint: 0x3557c7d5
Item Level: 83
Version: Resurrected
+14% Enhanced Defense

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I will not make "Beast" in the axe since the only reason I'd want to put it in such a base is to leave open the opportunity of hitting something with it.

@Arparrabiosa I always avoid superior armors; I was only considering the BA because I hadn't had a normal one drop and it's been forever. I tend always to ignore defence though... and Uber Smiter will get some pretty crazy defense numbers with Defiance Aura from "Exile" and Chilling Armor from "Fortitude" so maybe the Sup Archon plate might make a difference in that scenario. But for me, I think the increased repair cost would be more annoying that losing some defense on a character that already has such high defense.

I don't really see the issue with using Superior bases. I almost always have more gold than I know what to do with anyways because my MF characters can generate lots of gold rather quickly. Maybe I need to Gamble more... Also, if you make a habit of picking up all the Rals and Orts that you come across while questing / MFing, you can do repairs with your Cube without worrying so much about repair costs, right?

Reactions: Swamigoon
Crafted 80 caster amulets last night. At first I was gutted this wasn't a +2/20 FCR, but at 19, it should actually still hit the 99% breakpoint for a Javazon, correct? (%25 FCR from Griff's, %10x2 from rings, %35 "Spirit", and %19 Ammy=99%).
Screenshot347 Cropped (1).png

The 40% FR is also kind of nice as it fills in the FR gap in "Spirit."

Last edited:
Amazing amulet, congrats @BBS_Agonistes I've been hoping for any 2/19 zon ammy for years, without regard to other mods, and without luck :( After a 2/20 Necro amulet, I think 2/19 zon is definitely the biggest upgrade over alternatives in the slot across all the classes (for greater than 2/10 FCR rolls).

That 40% FR is very nice to fill in resist gap from Spirit if using that on main switch. Also, you can consider dropping the 2x FCR rings for Arachnid's, with more +skills taking Pierce > 90% with only a few hard point investment.

Very nice indeed. I have a 2/20 Zon and consider myself lucky even though it doesn't have anything else useful on it. :) Yours does have decent secondary mods and 2/19 is just as good as 2/20 for Zon. Congrats! Now go make a 99 FCR Java. ;) I swear by it with Java, if you're looking for inspiration there are a couple of setups outlined in Java sections here.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Now I'm quite happy! For some reason I was paranoid I was doing my math wrong and it didn't quite work, so that was half the reason I posted here, to get you guys' confirmation. 😃

@ffs your 99% setup was actually what inspired me to start crafting caster amulets! Feel quite lucky I scored one this early on. I think I've only crafted several hundred or so.

Not a bad way to start a run - a grailer from a pile of rocks, and a free p-gem shrine. I try to keep a couple flawless in the in town stash for that very reason :LOL:

Screenshot020.jpg

Iratha's Collar
Amulet
Required Level: 15
Unidentified
Item Level: 57
Fingerprint: 0x7eb9c58f
Poison Resist +30%
Poison Length Reduced by 75%

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
All Resistances +15
***Partial Set Item Bonuses***

I wish there was a version of Flavie or GoMule that works with 1.10s so I could see just how many I have found, but I dont think it exists lol

Got my first torch..! It ain't the best, but I just rebuilt my Bone Necro last night, so he will put it to good use.

IMG_0507.JPGIMG_0506.JPG

Last night I started farming a set of keys. I already had nearly a dozen Keys of Terror in my stash from so many Countess runs. I decided to focus first on Mr. Summoner's Keys of Hate with my Lightning Sorc. First run, just figuring out which end of the map he was at, produced two keys straight away...

IMG_0509.JPG

...and then a handful of tries later, two keys again.

IMG_0508.JPG

Quick and easy!

Nihlathak was just as generous. I only needed two of his keys, as I had one stashed away--a lucky drop from questing my Bowazon a couple weeks ago. After a small number of runs with my WW Barb, Nihlathak dropped two keys at once and I was done.

Just got my first torch too!

I was super nervous, but managed to do it in my first try without dying. In fact, it was surprisingly easy for all I heard. Meph did nothing to me with Resist Lightning aura active, I only saw my health bar moving with Diablo. Anyway, that torch will go to my trapper, who is, interestingly enough, my main key runner.

nCDVdfL.png

Last edited:
@Arparrabiosa did you make your CoH yet? If not don't forget that the runeword gives you 70% to defense.
Yes, indeed. I went to the sup. archon plate ignoring the popular wisdom:

Dtkz7Pu.png

Got 4 more torches since my last post! Barb 17/17, necro 13/16 another sin this time 15/15, and a druid 18/20. Of course, pala and sorc will be the last torches I will get and I'm sure the'll have crappy rolls. But I think I'm at that moment in where it is really efficient for me to farm torches until I got at least 1 of each class. Then I guess farming NM Andy for SoJs to Anni.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High