Best Weapon For WWBarb?

Facts are fact, no one kills better then my Demon Frenzy Barb,thanks :D
zweihander for grief? damage seems kinda low. I dunno I'd rather use it in a phase blade even though its dex requirement is over thetop.

shaftstop said:
Facts are fact, no one kills better then my Demon Frenzy Barb,thanks :D
zweihander for grief? damage seems kinda low. I dunno I'd rather use it in a phase blade even though its dex requirement is over thetop.

The damage doesn't matter. a 340 Grief does more damage than a perfect EBotd Zerker as long as the Grief is made in a weapon with at least 26 average damage. Good.

Ahh I see now, I never really understood how a Grief was good, I knew though it was good damage.

I kind of wish there was a really extensive runeword/weapon list.
Just because it seems be the most ocmmon question, even with long time players like myself, theres a lot of runewords I like but I dont know what weapons they might be best suited for. I know xpumafangx had a short guide for WW I think with weapons that hit the last BP.
But for things like PVM or just for sanities sake to have something interesting and unique there are other weapons and runewords that would be fun to try and of course there are some that do really stink, like Honor, I could never see a end game runeword, heh. Just and example of course

yeah it's true that the tmaul doens't have the greatest range, but it has more than one handed weaps and has greater damage than all the polearms.

oh yeah and with botd the tmaul will have very fast attack speed.

And I do sometimes switch to highlords for PVP.

As for steelrends, I don't see waht's wrong with them as I don't need more attack speed nor anymore dual leech.

and for all who say that my advice is ridiculous, then why don't you point out what's wrong?

meatydik said:
yeah it's true that the tmaul doens't have the greatest range, but it has more than one handed weaps and has greater damage than all the polearms.

As for steelrends, I don't see waht's wrong with them as I don't need more attack speed nor anymore dual leech.

and for all who say that my advice is ridiculous, then why don't you point out what's wrong?

For some reason, it won't let me edit my post, but I wanted to add taht grief is pretty good too, I haven't used it but my friend uses it and he's owning right now.

meatydik said:

the words "very fast attack speed" on a weapon mean nothing, all that matters is the base speed and the IAS bonus of the overall item

tmaul base +20
botd gives 60 ias

that puts it at -40 which hits the second ww bp

zerker/col blade 1 handers both have range 3 which is the same 3 range as tmaul

very wide damage range, which means very inconsistent damage

huge str req, even with multiple +str item sources this can be annoying

if you want to use a 2 hander in pvp the ideal choice is ebotd gpa because it is range 5, hits last ww bp at -60 and has nice damage while maintaining a low dex req (70)

so for how many posts this have, there is still very little hard evidence for both sides....both the 2hand/dual wield sides seem to just be spittin "noob" or "go understand ww mechanics" back and forth....

with that said, im still going to ask for some advice...

i dont really like my frenzy barb, and am looking to make a ww barb

i currently have a beast, which my smealot is using (fanat is nice when salv on for uber meph), but i think im just gonna cut some of his cb and use a lightsabre for smiting. anyway, at first i was thinking of selling beast to get hopefully 2 low ebotds (2 zerks or zerk and a cb?), using 1 for zealing on pally, and the other for ww barb, but the more i think about it, dual wielding sounds better just because of more bonuses from weps (leech, stats, etc on botd) I cant afford grief , so that is out of the question, as well as many ladder only thigns b/c im nonladder. So, would it be most beneficial for both characters to try and sell beast for 2x botd or keep beast and use as secondary for ww barb.

Some other weapons i have to use, but not as good.
Ebotd Naga
Fury Zerk
Rare Ettin w/ 40ias(if shael'd) and ~270 max dmg, didnt look at avg yet.

I'm not the most experience barb user in the world, but with limited experience and knowledge I've gathered (not necessarily from all the rambling in this thread) is....

PvM: ebotdz + beast
PvP: grief + beast

From what you said you have, I would use the beast and the ebotd naga. That would probably be your most viable option.

well i just got a trade with some lld stuff of mine, mostly low sets, i know ppl would pay more for em but i find em all the time so, i am now a proud owner of a 372 ebotdz,and i still have my beast :O

meatydik said:
"1. The range is greater, good for both PVP and PVM"
wrong

"2. The damage IS more than dual wielding"
wrong

"this is so because when you dual wield whirlwind, even though you do attack more, it's not twice as much"
wrong

"and in whirlwind, you could kill someone in one hit with a ebotd tmaul."
wrong

"However if you do make a 2 handed botd, it HAS to be in a n ethereal thunder maul and you should probably max out shout to compensate for lack of defense."
wrong

"metalgrid (for the defense)"
rofl

"steelrends(damage)"
rofl

"arreats face(the only helm a barb should be using)"
rofl

for PvM I would recommend dual ebotdz.

Beast+ebotdz does more dmg but the problem with beast is that after 1 Magic find run u spend 100k on repair costs. thats what i hated.

rapairing runewords is a joke imo..

Why not a Grief + Ebotdz?

That sounds like more dmg to me then Botdz + Beast right?

Cabel said:
Why not a Grief + Ebotdz?

That sounds like more dmg to me then Botdz + Beast right?

Overall Grief+BeastZ does more damage than any other combination. This is due to the A) the OW B) the ed% C) the +ar% you gain by using BeastZ.

I've always liked BoTD Thundermaul but I always liked weapons for exotic choices not so much for everything else, for me I would use it with Berserk I think Tmaul screams berserk or maybe for a leaper.
I mean everywhere you turn its the samething, over and over again. There are other runewords they exist to be used they weren't coded for show.

Learn to make them work.

With that I think EDeath Zerker and a eBoTD Zerker could be a fun combination to use, you get deadly strike, great leach, crushing blow and
more.

berserk without a shield is a rather painful experience... been there.

If you really wanna try berserk, use something like grief or grandfather + shield.

Only thing you gain with a Shield for berserkering is a some extra resists and abit of blocking, I dont think I've personally noticed a difference with decient crowd control, I do see what you mean though, to me though if your going to berserker might as well push the envelope for damage

Well, I've tried both 1h and 2h zerking and I definitely was getting tired of pushing pots down the throat in 2h mode :))), so that's why I say 1h+shield is more enjoyable. With grandfather or grief you'll be 1 hit killing most stuff anyway, so... :)

Never really had ap pot problem when I was berserkering in all honestly.
I did have problems with some supers, like Dclone. I didn't have dracs at the time, when I had my first run at a berserker barb, I spent most my money on "The Cranium Basher". Which was a godsent of a zerking weapons though I would have liked to try Hellslayer or BOTD Thunder maul though, perhaps one day when I can build one with the intent of twinking.

morotsjos said:
"1. The range is greater, good for both PVP and PVM"
wrong

"2. The damage IS more than dual wielding"
wrong

"this is so because when you dual wield whirlwind, even though you do attack more, it's not twice as much"
wrong

"and in whirlwind, you could kill someone in one hit with a ebotd tmaul."
wrong

"However if you do make a 2 handed botd, it HAS to be in a n ethereal thunder maul and you should probably max out shout to compensate for lack of defense."
wrong

"metalgrid (for the defense)"
rofl

"steelrends(damage)"
rofl

"arreats face(the only helm a barb should be using)"
rofl

let me expand a bit more
1)Both are range 3
2)No since your ww is slow and also the raw damage output of dual wielding is greater than ebotdtm without even counting the ds, cb, ow from grief and beast
3)No you cannot really 1 hit Ko a decent char. (we are not talking about lvl9s or trash chars.) with your 415ebotd tm
4)heard of gpa? it reaches the last ww bp and is range 5 which makes it >>>>> ebotdtm. altho it still loses to dual grief/beast in pvp
5)def... you dont really need crazy amount of def on a bvc or bva if you know how to ww.
6)highlord>>> metalgrid
7)steelrends= usless piece of junk..... the 60%ed and 20 str makes it 80%ed which pales compare to ow and +15 str. plus the str req. is too high
8)heard of coa? guess not... :badteeth:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High