Best Weapon For WWBarb?

I'm doing 9k-16k without my mentioned gear nor charms, right now i'm using ik gloves belts and boots.

I only have 350 str, which is too much I admit, as I've also admitted that my life is too low in about 2 posts now.

defense is 27k with chilling armor from fort but without the merc aura.

Resists are 75 75 80 75

I forgot my attack rating since my accoutn was closed, but I'll be making another barb anyways.

I haven't finished all my skills yet, I had messed up in the beginning and mace mastery isn't maxed all the way yet, it's at base lvl 18, a bad move on my part.

Also, ebotd tmaul gives 30 to all attributes, that's 60 to life and a boost to defense and attack rating.

Also, the grief and zerker wont do 14k per hit, it means just 10k when you hit with grief and 4k when you hit with beast and they wont always both hit every 4 frames.

buzzz wrong, they have a hit check for BOTH weapon at after the first 4 frame iirc meaning YES they Both attack at each 4th frame.

errr 9k -16k with elemental damage charms? we are talking about pure physical damage here pal. It seems like the calculation that i wrote doesn't get to your head..... read again and learn.

Plus the number that i am using is ALREADY larger than your numbers that you provide (i use 400str as to 350str as you mention.). I put in extra 60 ed% from rends for you, plus i even use the highlord ammy for the calculation where as you use metal grid for your ammy. So if you are talking about 9k-16k pure physical damage you are a big fat lier. :grin:

Again i am not trying to flame you nor trying to make you look stupid, but you ARE clearly not listening nor getting ANY fact right.

arbing said:
Okay here the calculation to make you accept the FACT:

your ebotd tm barb:
str: 400 (440% ed)

Skills ed%: (arreat, highlord, torch, anni, bo)
level 30ww- 182%
level 28 mace mastery- 163%, 22 cs%
Total= 345% ed

Outside weapon ed%:
fort- 300%
40ed jewel from arreat- 40%
rend- 60%
Total= 400%ed

Charms:
37x 3/20/20- 111 max damage

Weapon:
415ed% ebotd tm- 822 average damage
(with charms it becomes 877.5 average damage)

cs% and ds%
22%cs (0.22) and
35 (highlord) + 15 (gorerider)= 50% (0.5)
which makes it= 1+(0.22+((1-0.22)x 0.5))= 1.61

Damage:
877.5x (1+(440+345+400)/100)x 1.61
= 18154 average damage every 6 frame

grief/beast barb:
str: 174 (174% ed)

Skills ed%: (arreat, highlord, torch, anni, bo)
level 30ww- 182%
level 28 axe mastery- 163%, 22 cs%
Total= 345% ed

Outside weapon ed%:
fort- 300%
40ed jewel from arreat- 40%
lvl9 fanat aura from beast- 186%
Total= 526% ed

Charms:
37x 3/20/20- 111 max damage

Grief Weapon:
400 damage grief - 447.5 average damage
(with charms it becomes 503 average damage)

cs% and ds%
22%cs (0.22) and
35 (highlord) + 15 (gorerider) + 20 (grief)= 70% (0.7)
which makes it= 1+(0.22+((1-0.22)x 0.7))= 1.766

Greif damage:
503x (1+(174+345+526)/100)x 1.766
= 10171 average damage every 4 frame

Beast Weapon:
270ed% beast zerker- 175 average damage
(with charms it becomes 230.5 average damage)

cs% and ds%
22%cs (0.22) and
35 (highlord) + 15 (gorerider)= 50% (0.5)
which makes it= 1+(0.22+((1-0.22)x 0.5))= 1.61

Beast damage:
230.5x (1+(174+345+526)/100)x 1.61
= 4249 average damage every 4 frame

Now let us compare both setup
415% Ebotd Tm- 18154 average damage every 6 frame= 75641.66 damage per sec (25 frame)

grief/beast zerker- 10171+4249 average damage every 4 frame= 90125 damage per sec (25 frame)

Note that i already gave ALOT of extra ed% to the ebotdtm barb as compare to grief/beast setup. 400str (440%ed) compare to 174str (174%ed) and 60% from rends.

you also forget how ow is very effective at high level chars, 25% extra ow from beast and the extra ar/ speed(for tele zerk) from beast's fanat aura is great and the extra 20%cb also help a bit on the damage (not much but extra damage is always welcome).

I would like to ask what chance do your 2k life barb have against a barb with 7-8k life, better damage output than you, better ar than you.. :rolleyes: Also I don't think anyone here is stubborn cept you ^^ ebotd tm barb have ALWAYS been here ever since patch 1.10 we KNOW it exsist and we ALSO KNOW it does NOT work as well as dual wielding barbs. People have tested it and tested it ALREADY don't make yourself sounds like the 'creator' of that not so well barb.

arbing: Dear god!!! it's beautiful!:laugh:

meatydik: You wont beat good duelers give up your not right... admit and learn.. perhaps your a visual learner! find me online I can try to help you understand *chekm8

Romper Stomper said:
Dual wield > 2 hander, siempre.

Meatydik

lol @ link and pic

listen i could understand if Meatydik was arguing the point out with a weapon that hits all breakpoints i.e botd gpa or botd ghost spear. But he is using a weapon that does not hit breakpoints for ww and is still arguing.

Also u have to remeber Greif does very consistant dmg so on average there is a chance that the grief + beast can out do the botd weap unless u get high rolls etc.

Too bad everyone at the beginning of this thread were arguing for a tmaul or a 2 handed weapon.

This is getting pretty boring, especially if you guys haven't even tried both. And I know many of you here just look at arbing's or morotsjos's posts and go, 'oh they're longer, I'm siding with them' Don't even try to defend yourself unless you've actually tried a tmaul and a grief+beast.

And when I do 16k I wear IK gloves belts and boots, a 33 ed jewel in my arreats, and fort. My charms don't add damage.

For PvP, as I've stated, botd will give 30 to all attributes. Adding to your defense, life, and a bit of damage.

And wow romper stomper, you're awesome, joining in this thread to provide your link and 3 word post. RAZOR WIT.

But really, this is a big waste, for the creator of this thread (If you're still here), if you have the time, save up your masteries, get rushed, and try out grief + beast or a ebotd tmaul. Then put the masteries in what you like.

As for chek, if you had read this thread, you would see that my account is closed. Sadly you'll have to wait for me to remake my guy, which'll be after ladder resets, when exactly is that btw?

meatydik said:
Too bad everyone at the beginning of this thread were arguing for a tmaul or a 2 handed weapon.

This is getting pretty boring, especially if you guys haven't even tried both. And I know many of you here just look at arbing's or morotsjos's posts and go, 'oh they're longer, I'm siding with them' Don't even try to defend yourself unless you've actually tried a tmaul and a grief+beast.

And when I do 16k I wear IK gloves belts and boots, a 33 ed jewel in my arreats, and fort. My charms don't add damage.

For PvP, as I've stated, botd will give 30 to all attributes. Adding to your defense, life, and a bit of damage.

And wow romper stomper, you're awesome, joining in this thread to provide your link and 3 word post. RAZOR WIT.

But really, this is a big waste, for the creator of this thread (If you're still here), if you have the time, save up your masteries, get rushed, and try out grief + beast or a ebotd tmaul. Then put the masteries in what you like.

As for chek, if you had read this thread, you would see that my account is closed. Sadly you'll have to wait for me to remake my guy, which'll be after ladder resets, when exactly is that btw?

Rofl it not about siding with them at all its the fact that these things have been proven time ago and the act that most of us know these facts as well.

The second argument is a common a dumb argument i hear all the time.

lets break down the 30 attributes, kk u get 30 extra mana, 120 life which is not multiplied by bo. The strenght and dex u can get could however be usefull but relying on str and dex from a weapon is never a good idea cuz ur limited to gear change, this is very important on the pvp side of things.

And there u have it this is why the 30 all stats is nothing big enought to brag about. This is why botd axe or sword is not choosen over say grief as grief has nice close dmg ranges and its minimum dmg is greater than botds minimum dmg alot, resulting in high consistant dmg, which is another reason why grief > Botd as its been calculated it would take something like 30% IIRC chance for a botd dmg to out do grief in a high dmg roll.

Even by the choice of gear are cast questions, i mean ik lower half set?

ok u get ik bonuses but it far more feasible to use dracul gloves or even steels rends and verdungos or string of ears and gores. Cuz no matter what u need DR, which is given from those belts mentioned if u want to stand a chance, especially with ur low health, u must enjoy 1 hit kos from chargers or even smiters. Not to mention the important dmg mods the Gores provide.

morotsjos said:
"1. The range is greater, good for both PVP and PVM"
wrong

"2. The damage IS more than dual wielding"
wrong

"this is so because when you dual wield whirlwind, even though you do attack more, it's not twice as much"
wrong

"and in whirlwind, you could kill someone in one hit with a ebotd tmaul."
wrong

"However if you do make a 2 handed botd, it HAS to be in a n ethereal thunder maul and you should probably max out shout to compensate for lack of defense."
wrong

"metalgrid (for the defense)"
rofl

"steelrends(damage)"
rofl

"arreats face(the only helm a barb should be using)"
rofl

I fail to see what's funny about a barb using steelrends. I have both high rends and Darcul's, and without a doubt, after dealing with either for days on end, the Rends are much better for me in dueling.

you wont see some instant effect when using dracul's (ow does take 8 sec to give it's full effect) but ow is VERY effective in high level dueling. note that the extra couple hundreds of unreduceable pvp damage in 8 sec is greater than the extra 60% ed.

meatydik said:

read my calculation carefully please if you still don't understand. WE USE "AVERAGE" damage for calculations instead of max damage. Yes i believe you can have 16k max damage with your setup (not hard to reach), but my calculation gives and shows almost the best damage possible gears and even including the ds from highlord ammy, the average damage is 18154 every 6 frame, which is still lower than the dual wield setup. Also please know that damage doesn't come out of no-where, it came from a simple math calculation. So don't say something like "oh i can do xxxxx average damage with my setup, which is much higher than your calculation". you can't unless your setup have better ed% mod.

P.S There is no doubt that dual wield provides superior damage output. unless you could prove my calculation wrong. 75641.66 dmg/sec to 90125 dmg/sec is 19.15% damage difference. Plus you miss ALL the extra ow, cb, ar, speed from the second weapon.

I'm not using Ik by choice, I just dont have the steelrends/dungo's yet (friend let me hold em for a week) sichalo.

And I was gonna get some mastery/damage charms, but my account got closed before i had the chance.

Also, for tmaul, I use berserk as my left click, not for dueling but it's especially useful against Iron maiden and killing bosses quickly.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High