Bellona - Dual Dream Enchanting Zealot

Flan

Oct 4, 2021
As I said in my last write up, I am not an optimizer but an idea guy. I have the basic concept of what I want to do, but do not map each stat point exactly and tend to make skill decisions on the fly after I have my mains maxed out. So here is my take on a Dual Dream Enchantress wielding Passion and smoking Hell's minions with lightning and flames.

Bellona - Level 87 Bellona (Ass-Kicker)
Str 170(100)
Dex 320 (276) 70% Block - worked towards max
Vit 130 (105)
Energy Base
Damage 2604-41K (266-36K) w Might and Enchant
AR 9620 (4068)
Defense 3585 (2107)
Life 1152 (718)
Mana 574 (390)

Equipment
Dream Tiara 29 FCR, +197 Def, 20MF
Dream Troll nest 28 FCR, +165 Def, 15 MF
Passion PB 184% ED
Chains of Honor Archon
Mara's +30 Resists
IK Forge
IK Detail
IK Pillar
Dual Leech ring with some resists
Ravenfrost
Switch
Spirit Monarch
CtA Flail +5 Command, +4 Orders, +4 Cry

Skills
Cold - 1 Frozen Armor
Lightning - LM & Telekinesis Max, 1 for pre's
Fire - FM & Enchant Max, 9 Warmth, 1 for pre's

Merc - Might
Infinity, Fortitude, Tal's Mask

Hellforge - Pul (NM) & Lum (don't remember normal)

Finds - Jalal's, Hellslayer, Eaglehorn, Tal's Lidless, Guillaume's, plus many other uniques.

She was quite fun to play and only dies twice, both times to being stupid - once in CS when not paying attention to the bulb and once to Lister for thinking I'd kill him before he killed me. She was tougher than I thought she would be and decided on the ES route to see if she'd be a little safer. Could probably have put more points into Energy to boost mana for my life pool, but felt a bit safer because mana burn could open me up for a one-shot death. Not sure if she would be good at running any areas quickly, but definitely safe enough to play anywhere.

Would a dream bear be possible?

Yes

Last edited:
NIce character, I have a soft spot for Dream Sorcs :)
@coju of course, many have built one, so have I (here)!
That’s insane. Maybe I don’t need to join the Guardian’s thread and keep trucking along in SC! (Watched part of the video)

Last edited:
Would a dream bear be possible?

Yes
As ffs said, they are possible - though 2 things are stopping me. I don't have Beast and I like taking the path less travelled on some builds. I did choose her second on my Sept list though, because Paladin and Sorceress are the only Dual Dream builds I've seen.

Reactions: coju
Fill
As ffs said, they are possible - though 2 things are stopping me. I don't have Beast and I like taking the path less travelled on some builds. I did choose her second on my Sept list though, because Paladin and Sorceress are the only Dual Dream builds I've seen.
Full summon beast dual dream Druid?

Problem is there's a reason you usually see either Sorc or Paladin builds with Dreams. They are the only two classes that can really boost the lightning damage, via Holy Shock synergies (Paladin) and in particular lightning mastery (Sorc).

Other classes lack options for lightning damage scaling required to make Dreams really strong. Basically just facets really, and you don't have many spare sockets either with helm/shield being occupied.

Reactions: coju
Problem is there's a reason you usually see either Sorc or Paladin builds with Dreams. They are the only two classes that can really boost the lightning damage, via Holy Shock synergies (Paladin) and in particular lightning mastery (Sorc).

Other classes lack options for lightning damage scaling required to make Dreams really strong. Basically just facets really, and you don't have many spare sockets either with helm/shield being occupied.
Yep, tremendous amount of damage from these builds, just with the pulses. I imagine in Hell on P1, there would be many monsters that would die after one or two pulses.

I just like trying different things, hence my idea for the Sept. While not synergized with a Barb, I'm curious if the additional damage will complement an already powerful build.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Love the character! I look forward to seeing the other characters in the Sept. The road less traveled can certainly be fun.

Another thing to consider is if you’re in D2R I think the crazy attack speed while in bear form has been significantly nerfed. So while you might be beefier as a bear, Zealing might be more fun.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High