[Battle.net play / multiplayer]Small Guide to The "Budget Meph Quest Blizz Sorc"

I usually just team up with someone else doing runs (not these exact runs, ofc). If their run takes longer time than mine, then I just go kill the summoner too. If their run takes less time... well, chances are they'll get a temp ban pretty fast.

w00t I was certain this thread was forgotten long time ago :D

what do you think about using Spirit instead of Lidless? It's 61 more str (95 for WT vs 156 for Spirit), but I think it's worth it

i dont understand how the -175 enemy cold facets works i need to have -175 cold reisist?

mephisto has 75% cold resistance, to break him to -100 for max dmg, you need 175 -cold resist.

an idea to find games is to join the bot advertisment games (gg desc xxx) and kill the hammer, loot their gold, then mf the game.

people will get p'oed if u mf their baal games.

char a (finished quest)
char b (quest not finished)

what if i got char B to create a game then char A to kill meph, will i still get the quest drop bonus?

char a (finished quest)

what if i got char B to create a game then char A to kill meph, will i still get the quest drop bonus?

Yes, meph still drops quest bonus but your char b opened game so you would get it completed. No further bonus drop runs for eihter chars A or B.

Re: [Battle.net play / multiplayer]Small Guide to The "Budget Meph Quest Blizz Sorc"

char a (finished quest)

You won't. The killer has to be a character that hasn't defeated Mephisto.

This definately still works. The easy way to check it is to check the durability on the magic (blue) items dropped. Any magic items dropped by Mephisto will have double durability. When utilizing this bug you'll see more magic items than rares compared to a normal runner. That is because you're getting more set items this way. But there are many base items that does not have a set version and thus they're converted to the magic variant with twice the durability. You WILL find much more uniques utilizing this quest drop bug.

Personally I prefer Spirit+Magefist, cutting 40% MF while giving me the 105 FCR needed for 8 frames per cast. If you're using Death's Fathom you can still do this by switching a Nagel to a 10 FCR/MF/Whatever-you-like ring.

Re: [Battle.net play / multiplayer]Small Guide to The "Budget Meph Quest Blizz Sorc"

I have 17 base pts in CM, have i screwed up?

I have 17 base pts in CM, have i screwed up?

You lost a stunning few hundred damage off blizzard. That's all. So no, you're fine :p

I thought I would have to scrap the sorc I was making, but this build will fit perfectly into what I have done so far. I've always been fond of blizzard as well.

I'm going to assume you can't go through the portal to act 4 unless you have finished the quest... because missing out on hellforge and baal runs doesn't sound too fun.

then you are completely missing the point of this build..

I understand the point of the build

• I need a MFer & I already have a char that can do lvl 85 areas
  • My skill placement would make a Meteorb impossible, but it is almost exactly the same as this one.
  • Meph is one of my favorite targets for MF and I'm very familiar with the moat trick and I've always liked blizzard for this.
  • Quest drops would really help me out with all of my poorly geared characters (lvl 90 wearing Lore)

I tried this build but there are several problems I encountered.
First I want to say that I don't have access to all the recommended gear, so I had to alter it a bit:

Helm: +1 sorc skills, +12 res all or Peasants hat
Armor: Vipermagi (30 FCR, 30 Res All, +1 skills)
Weap: Razorswitch (30 FCR, 50 Res All, +1 skills, 175 Mana, 80 Life)
Gloves: Magefist (20 FCR, +1 fire skills, 25% mana regen)
Boots: Rare with 30 FRW, 25 Light res, 37 Fire res.
Belt: Upped Lenymo (30% mana regen, 5 res all)
+1 sorc magic ammy, and 2 x nagelrings.

I use the above gear to tele (without Insight merc) to meph and weaken him, when he's almost dead, I go to town and switch to crappy MF gear:
4 PTopaz armor, The Gull (100 MF), Rhyme, Goldwrap, 30mf Chancies, 3 PTopaz helm, and 37 MF rare boots.

The problem is that I cannot fight anyone except Mephisto. The Ghoul Lords are Cold Immune, the Dolls are fast and deadly, the merc dies very fast, and the Council.... well you know them very well.

My sorc is level 73, and I have lvl 8 Energy shield on switch (with Spirit and Eyless.) max Blizz, max Glacial Spike, and about 10 pts in Ice Blast and Ice bolt, 1 in Warmth.

With my tele gear I reach 80 FCR, so the teleing is okay... I'm still learning it.
I was thinking that with the Insight merc it would be better, however I prefer drinking potions.

My blizz is not fully synergyzed but does almost 3k damage, and my cold skill is at -105%. I'm happy with that, meph goes down in under one minute and with the Moat trick he can't touch me.

On one occasion my merc decided to be brave and attacked the Ghould lords and the Council guys joined the fight.... had to abort mission. I actually had a friend to keep a portal open until i came with the zon to clear the area.

I was rushed there and like all rushes you don't see the weaknesses of your build until the end of the rush. The sorc was fully twinked (i.e. all her gear was ready before the build).

I find my sorc very weak for anything else than mephisto slaying.
This being said, my advice is: Tele alone, no merc, no parties, and fight Mephisto one-on-one, don't engage with anyone else.

I wasn't able to moat Meph from the upper right side of the portal, so if the normal moating position is compromised... you could try to park the monsters. If you get killed (happens quite often to me), just save and exit, no point in trying to get your body.

In the time it takes you to go back to town, get on all that gear, and kill Mephi, I'd imagine you'll have lost whatever advantage you get in terms of mf vs number of successful runs per hour. Remember that any amount of mf over 250-300 has a greatly diminishing return.

And yeah, this build isn't flexible, and it isn't sturdy. It's not a go-anywhere, do-anything kind of build. It's supposed to get good drops quickly from specific boss targets, and for that it should be fine.

UPDATE on this method:

A friend gave me full Tal's (even though my build was made around weaker gear)

Now I have Tal orb + Spirit, and Gull + Rhyme on switch. (using IK gloves for STR :grin:)

I can get to Meph much safer, and without merc.

There is one thing though... the guide suggests 20 Blizz, 20 CM, and 20 in Synergies. I disagree with that, because Meph could die way too fast.

Currently I got maxed Blizz, Spike, and about 15 Blast, and 7 Bolt (before +skills). CM gives about 140 (with skills).. and Meph dies a bit too fast....:undecided:

Now at lvl 75 I don't need any more cold killing power, all normal monsters die in one blizz (4.6 k damage).

So.. where should i invest my next points? (i went ES btw, so should I put in TK?)

As far as the method itself... two words: It's goldy! I get uniques and/or sets everytime. It can get boring, but then I'll go run the Ancient tunnels, and maybe even countess (with good merc: bonehew, 2.8k def Stone, Tal's, defiance)

Thanks for creating this thread, now I can easily get "rich"

How does this work for single player/offline? I don't have a 2nd copy to play on/with, so is there any way of it working with a single character?

How does this work for single player/offline? I don't have a 2nd copy to play on/with, so is there any way of it working with a single character?

It doesn't. However singleplayer has many advantages when it comes to meph running.

1. No temp bans.
2. Map is static.
3. Very fast runs.
4. No need to keep checking the quest log.

These four negate the fact that you can't do Meph quest drops over and over in singleplayer. Granted you'll be having loads of junk in between runs but the sheer number compared to bnet runs make this just, if not more worthwhile.

So, even though I seem to be getting a lot of magic items, it still works in 1.12 and the new ladder season...? My first run using this I got a Duriel's Shell and that's pretty much it since then. I got griz armor too, but other than that nothing too spectacular. I have ~200-225% mf, is that enough, or do I need more yet?

The difference is that you will not get trash stuff when you run bugged Meph. All else is up to alot alot alot alot of runs!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High