[Battle.net play / multiplayer]Small Guide to The "Budget Meph Quest Blizz Sorc"

Lyndis said:
Since I don;'t have 2 copies of D2, I'll just just public trading games. They almost invariably have alreayd killed meph.
There is another option, though a little slower. You can create a game with a char that has done the quest but go to MF another area. Let's say a Meteorb to run Pits/Catacombs/keys. Then, after you're done you bail out and join the same game with your Blizzer(as long as 5 minutes have passed the game will perm). Of course if you're only intent is to run Meph this doesn't apply...

Who gives a soj in if someone comes in your trade, kills meph, then leave in a minute? Spam bots and people with lame offers are much much worse, and you see them every public game.

And if a party of 7 ppl hang in town spamming "plz sum1 tele plzz, no I'm lvl95 sorc but I heav low defense armor plzzzz tele omg noob game" then they probably couldn't have baaled even WITH you holding their feeble hands.

When I baal, I actually would prefer to do it alone with my hammerdin, and have 7 ppl somewhere else in the game.

I'm not even going to bother with explaining the fine etiquette of joining a game that says "N 2ist O Gul" or "O ist N 9 pul" or "O pul need Mara+Soj" or something else no one would have ever traded seriously in anyway.

(Yeah, I make most my trades on these forums)

Noite Escura said:
There is another option, though a little slower. You can create a game with a char that has done the quest but go to MF another area. Let's say a Meteorb to run Pits/Catacombs/keys. Then, after you're done you bail out and join the same game with your Blizzer(as long as 5 minutes have passed the game will perm). Of course if you're only intent is to run Meph this doesn't apply...
The best is to just search the list for "zomfgbaal-0025" and look when it was created. If it was just made, then erase that 5 and make it a 4 (so you're joining the game everyone has just left). That way, no one takes offense, but you run the risk of a already dead meph when you get there.

People joing my trade games (for MFing purposes) really pisses me off. I don't just sit in the game waiting - I'll go run all the MF areas while waiting for someone to come trade. More often then not, when someone joins - I'll pop a tp and head for act 1. If I get to act 1 and you go run meph (or Nihil or whatever) I'm gonna be ticked off.

Now I can see doing your MF run in a big pubby baal game, but even then it's not alwasy appropriate. I host a lot of baal run games myself, but when someone else joins with a char higher than mine I expect them to help. When someone joins with their level 95 paly, and doesn't party, I assume they are teleing themselves. When they drop off 30 seconds later, I gotta think - WTF, go make your own game.

I'm just saying that we should try to follow proper maners - even when no on else does. I generally think our forum members are better than the average b.net'er

MageChick said:
I'm just saying that we should try to follow proper maners - even when no on else does.
I'm with you 2 bazillion percent.

MageChick said:
I generally think our forum members are better than the average b.net'er
Generally, that is the case. But every now and again, some rabid pariah will go and crap on your flower bed.

MageChick said:
People joing my trade games (for MFing purposes) really pisses me off. I don't just sit in the game waiting - I'll go run all the MF areas while waiting for someone to come trade. More often then not, when someone joins - I'll pop a tp and head for act 1. If I get to act 1 and you go run meph (or Nihil or whatever) I'm gonna be ticked off.

Couldn't agree more... but, if it's a big "Trades" game with 3-4 people in it already, imo that's another matter.

Now I can see doing your MF run in a big pubby baal game, but even then it's not alwasy appropriate. I host a lot of baal run games myself, but when someone else joins with a char higher than mine I expect them to help. When someone joins with their level 95 paly, and doesn't party, I assume they are teleing themselves. When they drop off 30 seconds later, I gotta think - WTF, go make your own game.

I dunno if I agree with that... unless you're going with a really weak group, you shouldn't need the extra person's help. Besides, usually in pub baal runs there's already someone that can crush all the minions in /p8 solo, the rest are just leeching...

I'm just saying that we should try to follow proper maners - even when no on else does.

I agree in general... but lately my tolerance for stupidity has been wearing thin... I don't like explaining to people 5 times that no, I'm not going to trade my shako for their +1 to druid skills +3 cold resist rare helm, even if they throw in that flawless topaz and 2 healing potions (yes, this is real). All after being pulled out of a mf run, going to a1, and watching my revives crumble. So even tho it's probably gm to go to a1 asap, I'll usually end up asking the person if they have what I'm looking for. I notice a lot of people don't like talking, at all... just leave. I figure those are the ones I probably should be filtering out, anyway.

I'd much rather have someone join, say "just mf'ing" (tho I still don't do that), and do their thing. People joining seems to bump up the game in the game list, doesn't it? At least in my experience, people tend to join in bunches.

With the concern of mf'ing or other stuff in public games like trade games etc. I try to follow a simple rule, behave towards other people the way you want them to behave towards you..

Well, I for one like baals better the more people in the game outside the throne. More exp for those in the throne, leeching or not.

Here I go, showing y'all how to MF properly, and you feel sorry for the b.netter with the "O Pul N SoJ" game? If someone is interested in your trade, at least they open with saying "hi". When I join games for MF, I sometimes get a "hi", and then I reply with "just mephi" and usually get no reply. If they start harassing me in any way, it takes me 2 secs to squelch them and press the N button.

Failed sets are items with like.. 200 out of 100 durability right..? I don't think I understand lol

If the base item is an item that does not have a unique or set, then the roll will fail to produce it, and will result in a rare item with triple durability (in the case of a failed unique), or a magic item with double durability (in the case of a failed set).

The durability is based on the base item (i.e. the white item). For example, a monarch has 86 durability. If it rolls as a unique, you get Stormshield. If it rolls as a set monarch, it will fail into a magical monarch with double durability i.e. 172 durability.

So if I get this right, My lvl 89 assy can open any difficulty game, Still in it for the timer function. exit. take a char that has not completed the quest join game, kill Andy/meph get the drop & do again.

Or does the game creator have to stay in the game for the bug to work? I figure if the game stays active (timer does not run out) the other char should get the drop still w/o the creator in the game.

BTW, for those who do not know, you can open a game. sit in it a few minutes, can't remember how long..., exit it & return w/ another char (on Bnet of course). great way to transfer stuff from one mule to another. Of course you always run the risk of being dropped or unable to log back in. but just playing bnet is a risk...:fortuneteller:

yep, you can make the game -> wait -> exit -> rejoin with new char. So long as the quest tab says that you cannot complete the quest in this game, you're good to go.

1. Never, ever kill Meph to complete the quest. The quest being Q6 A3.

2. Join games made by other people who have completed Q6 A3.

3. Open your quest log and for Q6 A3, make sure it says 'You cannot complete this quest in this game'.

4. Killing Meph in these games where you cannot complete the quest will give you quest drops.

I'm hoping this will be simple enough to understand. If not, well... good luck.

Cheap and alternative solution:

Buy a second copy of diablo+lod, intall it, there's a guide here somewhere.

You can now open a game with a character that has completed the quest, then join with your MF sorc. You practically have a mule in the game as well.

I like the whole concept presented here.

Simple question: with base dex, what about blocking?
If the sorc is hit by a single monster while searching for the entrance of 3rd level or during the fight vs Meph (or in the worst case vs the council members...)
it can be instant death :lipsrsealed:

i thank you for the thread helvete. ive lurked these forums for awhile now and your posts are always helpful. i am in the process of building a sorcy to do this very thing. my poor meteorb stupidly went to act 5 hell.. but lookin back i see no reason to except to lvl up quick as she was my first char. live and learn

What about with the rushing glitch? If you Grush past mehpisto can you came back and still get the quest, or more importantly the quest drops?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High