Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

All you need to avoid being electrcuted is good lightning resistance and Thundergod's Vigor, but I don't think it's worth doing for MF in the expansion. You could as well do terror zones with MF characters and probably have better finds. It's probably useful in classic, however, as said.

I've never heard of that since recently. There's still someting to learn about D2, amazing!

It's pretty amazing that after 20+ years there's an easter egg that was completely undiscovered.

All you need to avoid being electrcuted is good lightning resistance and Thundergod's Vigor, but I don't think it's worth doing for MF in the expansion. You could as well do terror zones with MF characters and probably have better finds. It's probably useful in classic, however, as said.

I've never heard of that since recently. There's still someting to learn about D2, amazing!
it is definitely useful in classic. after performing the ritual twice back to back, basically all the items that drop are rares, some are uniques, and sometimes you get a set item. the one caveat to this is that magic find only works on regular monsters in classic (unique monsters nearly always drop one magic item and that's it, except in act 4 where i believe they have a fixed 25% chance to drop a rare). so the best strategy for this easter egg is to just clear areas where there are a lot of regular monsters: CS, RoF, tombs, and cow level are good for this.

Last edited:
I might need to try this easter egg before it's patched. I'm surprised this hasn't been common knowledge until now.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes

Double posting this so people see it:​

I started running Nihilathak for Keys last night, but lost seven of them and some gems and bases as the shared stash did not save. Seems to be related to this bug:

The odd thing is the items were there when I changed game, persumably because the stash was stored in memory, but the disk write didn't happen. So check your save time on the shared stash file before you exit the game completely.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Thankfully, I haven't had this happen to me. My problems come as the result of crashes which have happened on a number of occasions . What I've found interesting is that while I lose items whether in the back pack or the stash and experience the game remembers if I finished a quest.

I recently lost a rune from the Hell forge when the game crashed as I went beyond the River of Flame waypoint. I lost a Ko (not a huge loss) and a tiny bit of experience, but the game remembered that I had destroyed the Soul stone.

Even more weird Jungle map than usual - The Spider Forest WP was completly cut off from the rest of the area.

View attachment 87294
Ah, so this is what happens when you just can’t find it. :) I make an effort not to venture into the Great marsh unless absolutely necessary so never seen this. Have just shrugged and continued. “guess there still was one corner I missed”

Even more weird Jungle map than usual - The Spider Forest WP was completly cut off from the rest of the area.

I've never had anything like that, but I'm notoriously persistent in finding a way if there seems to be none. You probably overlooked a passage, perhaps to the north of the "New Skill" button. The small wall at the Flayer Jungle map might give a hint.

By the way, the act 3 jungle areas consist of 2x4 tiles with the long axis going from the south-west to the north-east, with connections to each other on certain tiles (I forgot which). That can give valuable hints at where to look for quest dungeons or passages to other areas

Even more weird Jungle map than usual...
I haven't yet seen an act 3 map with such a well hidden waypoint - thanks for the screencap!
I make an effort not to venture into the Great marsh unless absolutely necessary...
I don't generally fully clear every area, but I do like to find and activate every waypoint (except Halls of Pain) with every character that I play. I collect waypoints as if it was an extra unlisted quest, or as if the game was rewarding me with one of those "achievement unlocked" bonus messages that have become so common in video games.

I remember a game not too long ago in which the Spider Forest and Flayer Jungle were directly connected. It's so nice when I get that lucky shortcut to help me advance through the rest of act 3 a little quicker. Before starting act 4, I really wanted to go back and get the Great Marsh waypoint. The meadow with the Spider Forest waypoint was not a cul-de-sac, but had another path that entered the Great Marsh. Sure enough, my character was instantly greeted with invisible enemies that suddenly appeared and aimed painful lightning streams. I braced myself for a long slog through a gauntlet of gloams. Then to my relief and delight, I saw that the game had placed the waypoint right there, in the same tile that connected with the Spider Forest's waypoint tile! Tag, back to the docks -- bye-bye gloams! -- on to act 4.

(Just over eighteen months ago, I played an act 5 Glacial Trail map that I completely cleared, without ever finding its waypoint. I still wonder if perhaps it was actually there somewhere, but inaccessible because the map generation procedure didn't or couldn't connect a path to the explored/explorable tiles.)

@Swamigoon I also play all my characters as all WPs all quests these days, that is how I found it. I went up and down the Spider Forest about five times looking for a missed side path before I decided to fully explore the Great Marsh.

@krischan I was definitely cut off. You can see I checked all around the WP, the trees are solid green. As soon as I get to the bridge I am in the Great Marsh.

Reactions: coju
@maxicek OK, I misread your posting. I thought you meant that the Spider Forest had no connections to the other maps, but just the Spider Forest waypoint was cut off from the rest of the Spider Forest. I think I had something like that as well in the past.

Reactions: maxicek
(Just over eighteen months ago, I played an act 5 Glacial Trail map that I completely cleared, without ever finding its waypoint. I still wonder if perhaps it was actually there somewhere, but inaccessible because the map generation procedure didn't or couldn't connect a path to the explored/explorable tiles.)

Hmm. I'd imagine that your issue was related to this bug that was present at the time:

Look! An entrance to the void! ... that sadly couldn't be taken :( ...
(Screenshot from March 2, 2022.)
Screenshot618.png

This bug was patched soon after ...

Also, nice find @maxicek ! I always grab all wps with my characters and have never seen a Spider Forest wp quite like that!

Last edited:
Ok, take a look at the screen shot and what's strange? Hint vlook in the top right corner

1689035626092.png
Izual was right by the stairs from the Outer Steppes with two packs of champions. I retreated up the stairs to plink away through the door and he followed. Out of curiosity I retreated all of the way to the Outer Steppes and Izual followed and died in the Outer Steppes. I never knew that he could do that.

Hello everyone. thinking about playing some d2 again. Do you think I should? And if so what should I work on?

Reactions: maxicek
Hello everyone. thinking about playing some d2 again. Do you think I should? And if so what should I work on?
Um, yes :) It's hard to say what to work on, did you have any unfinished projects when you took a break last time? A Guardian is always a nice project, or using some fun gear that you've built up but never put to use in an optimized Mat/Pat.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High