Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Nice to see you ND. Make an untwinked character. It is a nice change of pace and really refreshing when any drop can be a game changer.

Reactions: NorthDakota
Yes welcome back. The real question should be Why shouldn't I play D2. If the answer is I'm addicted and if I start again I'll loose my job, house and wife, then maybe the answer is no.

As to what to play either redo one of your alltime favorites or something you've never played.

Reactions: PhineasB
yeah that sounds good. What class should I play?

I'm thinking of doing a sept. But try one that people don't do so much untwinked - Wereform Druid, Barbarian maybe? I'm doing an Amazon at the moment. The new skill changes and mid runewords are quite interesting. Hustle is awesome un-twinked, it make life much more pleasant. Also the new Shael Io RWs in druid / barb helms can be nice, especially Bulwark.

As a side rant, why did they remove the LF synergy from Charged Strike? You used to be able to max two useful skills and the partial synergy made CS viable. Now you need to level a third Lightning Skill instead. This pretty much kills the Fishyzon in D2R IMO, at least without high end gear.

So I went to launch Diablo II this afternoon and I got a window pop-up box on the title screen that read, You have not been Online in the past 30 days. Please start the game while Online to check for any login agreements.

Thing is I am always online. Once in a while I try to log in but for some reason the game doesn't seem to think so. I only want to play Offline, and have no idea what setting must be accidently clicked for this to happen.

Reactions: coju
The question is how you load the game. Do you start by opening Battle.net If not you need to do so at least once every 30 days.
Thank you. I came off of a long work shift and was basically shut down.

What you stated, was the problem, and it's now been resolved.

Just a quick question because I do not properly understand various item and monster levels.

Do terrorized andy grand charms have the same possibilities as "Baal GCs"? Meaning up to +45 life skillers with PG rerolling?

Thanks.

In terror zones the only thing that matters is your level. If you are level 86+ then andariel will be level 91 and can drop a 'baal gc'.

Did screenshot key change sometime in the last couple patches in D2R?
I just finished posting an update in UT99er, and just found out I have no screens shots since January. :O

Not that I know of - I’m using Windows Game overlay thing though due to this bug:

@maxicek
thanks for the link; but I can't actually seem to find 'printscreen' in the hotkey list. I swear I saw it before.. :unsure:
I forget if they got rid of the registry keys in D2R; but I can't seem to find those either...
Battle.net's "Scan and Repair" function didn't change anything, so Ima give a fresh install a try.

Will post here the results.

EDIT: hm still missing the keys. Could anyone check and see where they have "printscreen" or "screenshot" hotkey?
1691294266745.png
1691294280700.png
1691294301897.png
1691294323792.png

EDIT2. Um... well then. found out why the print screen key wasn't working. lol
me stupid. me put printscreen key cap in wrong place. heh... 🤪

But yes... do other people actually have "screenshot" hotkey to re-map or was it removed in recent patches?

EDIT3. Just noting here that the actual "Prt Sc" key on my keyboard does drop a screenshot into
"C:\Users\<name>\Documents\Diablo II\Screenshots"

Last edited:
Reactions: coju
Sometimes you have these weird moments...

We all know how choosing the right name is 80% of the challenge in any role playing game, correct? That character screen...our ancient nemesis. I would like to underline that picking the right name can be a hassle in other contexts too and lead to some rather peculiar experiences.

The first assassin I guardianed, and the most successful character of mine, was called Linuviel. I became fond of the name and came to reuse it for a small appearance of a side character in a warcraft story where nobody has a chance of grasping what the Easter egg is about. And now I sit here trying to reconcile these comments...

That is a fair amount of hugs for Anya, but you can one more extra from me Lunuviel. ^^
They are so adorable
very cute <3
they are adorable! almost as much as little Linuviel

...with this sort of character. :rolleyes:🤨

• Haha
Reactions: Swamigoon and coju
Before, monster could get hit by a skill every N frames.
Now, monster can only get hit by a cast of a skill every N frames.

Before, 8 strafezons could stand around the pentagram and go pewpew on diablo, but diablo would only be hit by one of the arrows.
Code:
Frames. 1.   2.   3.   4.   5.   6.   7.   8.   9.   ...
        Hit. NHD. NHD. NHD. NHD. Hit. NHD. NHD. NHD. ...

Now, diablo gets hit by 8.
Code:
Zon1.   Hit. NHD. NHD. NHD. NHD. Hit. NHD. NHD. NHD. ...
Zon2.   Hit. NHD. NHD. NHD. NHD. Hit. NHD. NHD. NHD. ...
~
Zon8.   Hit. NHD. NHD. NHD. NHD. Hit. NHD. NHD. NHD. ...

Caveat is that the NHD still exists for each cast of a skill. So even if you have a super fast 1fps strafe, arrows only hit every 5th frame.

Last edited:
EDIT: hm still missing the keys. Could anyone check and see where they have "printscreen" or "screenshot" hotkey?

Just checked and it looks like they fixed the bug by removing the option.
Well done Blizzard :rolleyes:

Reactions: Gynli
Before, monster could get hit by a skill every N frames.
Now, monster can only get hit by a cast of a skill every N frames.

Before, 8 strafezons could stand around the pentagram and go pewpew on diablo, but diablo would only be hit by one of the arrows.
Code:
        Hit. NHD. NHD. NHD. NHD. Hit. NHD. NHD. NHD. ...

Now, diablo gets hit by 8.
Code:
Zon1.   Hit. NHD. NHD. NHD. NHD. Hit. NHD. NHD. NHD. ...
Zon2.   Hit. NHD. NHD. NHD. NHD. Hit. NHD. NHD. NHD. ...
~
Zon8.   Hit. NHD. NHD. NHD. NHD. Hit. NHD. NHD. NHD. ...

Caveat is that the NHD still exists for each cast of a skill. So even if you have a super fast 1fps strafe, arrows only hit every 5th frame.

Are there any situations where it affects a single player positively?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High