Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

ber in cows, Lo (x2?) from council and ~2 gul runes from council and some vex/Lo from LK. A random ist from council as well

All this MFO talk (and the council not having dropped anything nice in a few weeks) has me wanting to put together a runner of some kind that I can chill with, but I don't really know either what area I should run (getting some TC87s would be nice, but I don't really need anything besides runes) or what I should build for it.

Ideally, whatever I make is going to not overlap in gear with my trav blizzsorc, but that's probably an unrealistic stipulation since I only have one Infinity and one Chamed Shako.

What's the play here? And how long does it take to roll a decent AT or Pit map?

Edit: I did some theorycrafting and research and experimentation.

Gearing a lightsorc for Baal with Crescent Moon mainhanded over HotO with Vipermagi to keep the 120 FCR breakpoint seemed to kill quite quickly (although I didn't get around to doing a comparison between the two), but the lack of resistance was bothersome. Maxing fire and lightning resists took ten inventory slots after the rest of the gear in place of the ten mana/life small charms I had been using in the matriarch item build. While ~750ish mana after BO was enough to kill p8 Baal waves, it was very annoying having to drink and pick up mana potions between each one and I can't imagine doing it over thousands of runs.

A pit necro seems like it could be fun, but one thing that I'm interested in some feedback about is the shield slot. Looking up writeups, I'm seeing mostly FCR (Spirit and some mentions of Darkforce Spawn); is the lack of max block not an issue dealing with really dangerous situations like Fanaticism archer packs?

Any other builds I should consider? I'm also looking into trying AT with a blizzsorc and putting a javazon together for... something.

Last edited:
It's for a venomancer, yeah.

Getting to 75 FCR with Trang's 3 piece doesn't sound practical if I'm mainhanding Death's Web; 55 FCR from helm/jewelry seems like it'd require a lot of compromises. I was working off Gripphon's equipment. It seems like a pretty efficient way of hitting the FCR breakpoint.

On a related note, I've also seen people mentioning using all the golems besides blood. Making an Insight golem to free up the merc for Infinity sounds like an attractive prospect, but is Fire Golem's fire aura aggro noticeable in an area as narrow as the pit?

I finally got around to gambling the money I've saved up over the past few months on amulets, looking for an upgrade. I did five batches of 1000 each with Edge + Gheed's and sold rares and ones with expensive mods (CtC/charges of high level spells, +all and +tree, high resist all), keeping the rest as crafting fodder.

Each batch had around 6 million gold made from selling expensive ones back, bringing the average cost per gamble to about 38k. Selling more of the cheap ones would have lowered that by another couple of thousand, but that'd take more clicking than I wanted to do.

Uniques: 1 (Atma's Scarab)
Sets: 5
Rares: 446

Not a whole lot of hits, unfortunately. This is what I kept, although realistically I don't think they'll be getting used:
Athletic Amulet of the Whale
Amulet
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x2fb5ff73
Item Level: 92
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+3 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)
+100 to Life

Blood Heart
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x4e04e730
Item Level: 99
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+10% Faster Cast Rate
Cold Resist +23%
Poison Resist +5%
19% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Golemlord's Amulet of Chance
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xa66f096
Item Level: 91
+3 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)
13% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Necromancer's Amulet of Luck
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x365d63a1
Item Level: 90
34% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Powered Amulet of the Apprentice
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x864a6ccb
Item Level: 95
+3 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)
+10% Faster Cast Rate

Stone Noose
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x7018cc93
Item Level: 97
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+5 to Strength
+4 to Energy
+12 to Mana
All Resistances +19

Storm Scarab
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x99fc02fe
Item Level: 97
+20 to Attack Rating
+29 to Strength
+12 to Dexterity
+22 to Life
Cold Resist +15%

Viper Heart
Amulet
Required Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0xf086e10b
Item Level: 95
6% Life stolen per hit
+6 to Dexterity
All Resistances +19
Fire Resist +29%

Bonus: I also blew through all the Amethysts I had on 275 caster amulet crafts with ilvl 99 bases and got... nothing interesting.

An upgrade to my trav sorc's current amulet (+2/10FCR/17@/12FR) would have been nice, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Has anyone tried a 1.10 crescent moon in endgame farming? Like pits, travincal with a barb or a pally.

Also apparently weapon racks can drop uniques in 1.13. I found a pair of titans while doing LK runs xd

ya racks can always drop uniques, it's just that they are far more stable and in fact necessary for some items in 1.07/1.08

Respecced one of my necros for p7 pit running with 75 FCR and Spirit. The killing speed was great, but being Amped was nightmarish every time with no block. Is that something one just learns to play around as familiarity with the map increases?

Has anyone tried a 1.10 crescent moon in endgame farming? Like pits, travincal with a barb or a pally.
CtC static doesn't proc on Whirlwind.

I'm sure you can make do with one, but Static isn't going to make up for your weapon doing 60% less damage than a 1H Grief.

Respecced one of my necros for p7 pit running with 75 FCR and Spirit. The killing speed was great, but being Amped was nightmarish every time with no block. Is that something one just learns to play around as familiarity with the map increases?

CtC static doesn't proc on Whirlwind.

I'm sure you can make do with one, but Static isn't going to make up for your weapon doing 60% less damage than a 1H Grief.
I was thinking more like a zealer pally / berserker + conc + frenzy barb (pitzerker memes? :O)

I was thinking more like a zealer pally / berserker + conc + frenzy barb (pitzerker memes? :O)

Zealer pally, if you do a tesladin would probably be stylish, but honestly a zeal pally is just not built for farming on an efficient scale unless we are talking trav, and trav does not play well with lightning based attacks.

Beserk and Conc are single target attacks, and aren't exactly super fast, so grief drastically outpaces crescent moon in these cases as you are more focused on the boss/champs rather than the pack of monsters. Frenzy, once again stylish, and might actually work okish...but if you are comparing efficiencies, beserk barb will always be the most efficient.

I've never played one, but my understanding is that the pitzerker build won't work if you can't kill a boss in a couple of swings of Berserk, which Crescent Moon definitely won't have enough damage to do.

You might be able to run Trav with one of those, but it'll be far less efficient than Whirlwind or just making a Blizzsorc or something. If you watched Gripphon's Trav zealot video, he uses an ebugged Grief, which does more than 3x as much damage as a perfect Crescent Moon Berserker Axe. Static isn't really going to make up for anything when half the council is lightning immune.

About three dozen. All the ones in the south area off the horizontal main path and the fourth one along it in the alcove seem to have very low spawn rates, especially the one near the shrine that I've only seen twice.

If the earlier boss spawns were a little more consistent, it'd probably save a lot of time to skip the superchest spawn at the end, since that's an extra ~8 teleports to get to.

You should be able to find a better map.

This is what I've been running for a long time and consider pretty good, but will probably re-roll when the sorc hits 97. 2 TPs from the waypoint, pack average is around 6, but just a bit too far out from each other. I've seen other player's maps with denser spawns so I know they are possible.

Pro paint editing to get a feel of a heat map (bigger blob of color depicts spawn frequency)

View attachment 6870

Kind of a random post, but this is the most low content thread on the forum probably.

A couple days ago I was looking at an old MFO results thread and realized the screenshots I uploaded there were gone from the internet. Luckily I had saved these on my hard drive and I just wanted to put them on the diabloiii.net server so they might be around for a couple more years, since I think it would be a shame to see old achievements get lost in the voids of the internet. View attachment 6877 View attachment 6878View attachment 6879 View attachment 6880

You're the guy who were famous for only finding Lightsabres a few years back, or?

In that case, please, ofc it wasn't :)

I don't have my gomule stuff installed on this PC so not 100% sure but I have 26-28 lightsabres, no azurewrath.

Those screenshots are mindblowing to look at.

It's really a shame that imageshack and photobucket both broke relatively recently; there's a lot of history that went down the drain with them.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High