An Ongoing Diablo II Word Quiz

Maltatai

Nov 2, 2010
Since we have some new and returning members lately, and also since I am lazy, I will just post the first post of this old thread. No peeking in the old forum!

Ladies, gentlemen and demons! Gather around and listen ye all to the word quiz of the century...I mean of the Sanctuary! Below me I have the names of well known figures of our time, but the letters have mischievously gone and rearranged themselves! What mess! Can you figure out who is hiding behind the curious phrases presented here, inside the quotation marks?

To demonstrate; for example, one could ask oneself if the mules of D2 ever have had the need to carry their loot to high altitudes. Or not. Only a woolheaded fool could think of something so pointless. Who is the "it-lama at"?
Rearrange the letters of "it-lama at" and you have the answer "Maltatai".

Post your guesses and as soon as I've seen the right answer or seen no answer for some time I'll add the next.

Here are the questions, the currently unanswered in gold.

This one likes to have something to do while having the manicure handled. Who is it that enjoys a "nail read"?
Andariel
This one wrote a personal message on the forum regarding the former part of his foot. Who was it that sent "his toe pm"?
Mephisto
Those who walk in the valley of fear may take a turn to the right and reach the vale of nothingness, if one is to believe the poster and philosophical outlook. Who wrote this "nihilism vale ad"?
Ismail Vilehand
This one is a lordly fellow who in another career could have ruled an island that made respectable efforts in marking out their harbor in old days, namely "Alba", but would probably have ruined it instead. Who is this?
Baal
Behind the facade of a respectable member of our community hides a vile computing villain who won't shy away from sending underhanded mails. Who is the crook that thought "let's mail to hack her"?
Alkor the Alchemist
This one has kept up with information security regulations and enforces a strict "id rule". Of whom am I speaking?
Duriel
A trader of spices that brought new tastes to the population and made them well known. Who made sure that "fame befell ginger"?
Geleb Glamefinger
This one likes to appear in every picture advertising the game, never being far away from the camera, practically constricting it. Who is this "lid boa"?
Diablo
This one is quite the hippie miscreant. Whose philosophy is it to "love and rob"?
Blood Raven
I will run out of new riddles in no time when you answer at this "damn rate"
Radament
These are hard days for traditional mining industries, demonic or otherwise. Even a corrupt thief of a CEO would note that "ore did less". Who might it be?
Lord de Seis
Don't be hasty, said the old bramble hulk Thornbeard. Let's not jump on every silly internet trend, let's "not meme rush", if you catch my meaning.
The Summoner
Only strong drink can explain exceptionally poor aim. Who should really not "try ale"?
Tyrael
I'm game for one more riddle. Let's play another "card in a deck".
Deckard Cain
Who enjoys outdoor life in various scenic forested spots, particularly the "fir zone nest"?
Frozenstein
Why so serious? We can't have these pretentious dark tales all the time. Who wants to "cue noir slots off"?
Infector of Souls
Suffering from an undiagnosed compulsive syndrome manifesting itself wherever green brutes from another universe had camped, who experienced a "tic of orc site"?
Toorc Icefist
This is my pet lizard Bob. "Bob, hiss hi".
Bishibosh
The economic crisis can only got worse after the cataclysmic news from the infernal hell bank that Diablo had forcibly stopped the making of new coins, as well as deprived his staff of means to mitigate the horrid breath acquired from eating overeager adventurers. Who is it's representative that complained of how "terror stole the mint"?
Lister the Tormentor
This slothful individual will only catch up with you if your looking glass is turned backwards so you misjudge the distance completely, "if scope err".
Corpsefire
No matter how high, this one will climb any slope to tear down the castle on the top. Against whom do "mottes err".
Stormtree
A trendy new establishment has been established in Kurast. Health nuts and fitness gurus congregate in this presumably wholesome den. Who runs the "Fit Hawk Wing Rice"?
Icehawk Riftwing
This one scored highly on the javazons electrics course and surprised the examinator. Who was it that managed to "shock her test"?
Thresh Socket
This one may resort to underhanded methods but will not try to blame the hardcore claw vipers for any misdeeds at least. Who made sure to keep "no hard fang framed"?
Maffer Dragonhand
This one has a thing for serpentine fitness nobility. Who is constantly seen chasing "hale snake countess tail"?
Ancient Kaa the Soulless
Here we are dealing with a welcoming and greeting soul hidden in a ghoulish exterior. Which "waver did grin bony"?
Wyand Voidbringer
This one displayed fiery fervour in battle, meleeing against demons next to the River of Flame. Who showed "zeal in full heat"?
Izual the Fallen
This one annoyed a now probably very angry assassin and "badly cut her boot". Who is that?
Bartuc the Bloody
This one has been marketing sets of view screens and loud speakers for parks filled with cages full of demons from the Act III jungles. Who is it that has capitalized on that "zoo AV-grid franchise"?
Grand Vizier of Chaos
It is not healthy to stay outside guarding meaningless objects in bad weather. It can leave you empty of strength and energy. Who is left "a rain husk" by such unwholesome working environments?
Rakanishu
This one toured the new energy matrix of trapped rabid demons that generate electricity for the SPF and exclaimed "wow, hi bottled child".

Last edited:
Well done.

This one wrote a personal message on the forum regarding the former part of his foot. Who was it that sent "his toe pm"?

Reactions: ioupain
The very same.

Those who walk in the valley of fear may take a turn to the right and reach the vale of nothingness, if one is to believe the poster and philosophical outlook. Who wrote this "nihilism vale ad"?

Reactions: ioupain and Luhkoh
Let me hand out a vile new question then;
This one is a lordly fellow who in another career could have ruled an island that made respectable efforts in marking out their harbor in old days, namely "Alba", but would probably have ruined it instead. Who is this?

Behind the facade of a respectable member of our community hides a vile computing villain who won't shy away from sending underhanded mails. Who is the crook that thought "let's mail to hack her"?

;) This is one of the more devious but the answer is in fact found somewhere in the second most recently updated of my threads...

This one seems far too vague in comparison to the others. 17 characters is a lot to unscramble.

All the other ones were too easy so its only fair he threw us a curve ball. It being a member of the community seems like its enough of a hint to get it solved. Im not too active so i dont know.

Reactions: Luhkoh
Malatai said " a respectable member of our community " therefore a member of PureDiablo i assume. Lets work together to work it out (y):coffee:

I see the reasoning behind your assumption but it is in fact an in-game character we're after. Glad to see the participation, everyone (y)

And yeah, well, rearrange "Baal" into a complex riddle that is still a word, anyone who can...

Very good! I'l have to say that one is my personal favourite riddle, not least since I managed to work it into the javazon misadventures. So, hacking mails call for countermeasures, like the next one:

This one has kept up with information security regulations and enforces a strict "id rule". Of whom am I speaking?

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High