Adria - Inventory Management System

Re: Adria - Inventory Management System

I know how to write the replacement rules, my question was more concerned with whether it was possible to apply them to items already in the database.

Working on it, I'm making a manager window that is meant to be used to add new corrections as well as to apply them to the database or parts thereof. Some functions are already done but hadn't decided on the final layout until recently, now I have to assemble those functions "into the manager" and link them to the interface, and programing that interface in general.

Finally, I have a small feature request. Whenever I delete an item from a view, the view is reset to default, meaning that it is scrolled back to the top, which can be a little tiresome. It's probably not a big priority at all, but I would like to request that the view is maintained after you delete items.
Been mentioned before, we'll see if we can get it done, but correction manager first. :wink:

I cant get any of the items in my inventory to appear on adria?

45489143.png

lmk if there's something wrong on the screen. Also, insert refers to the actual key on the keyboard right?

I minor issue in that screenshot is that the Adria ingame window isn't on top of the d2 window, which it should be normally (probably fixed if you nudge it with your mouse courser).

The "big" issue is that the d2 window isn't completely visible, you've got it to far to the right. Once that is fixed I think it should work.

And yes, insert refers to the insert key on your keyboard.

To fix those specific issues, put something like this in your ocrautofix:

Actually since the letter that is not being registered correctly is u, then a correction like the one below should suffice. Although I may not remember correctly from back when I was using the program and had the same problem.

Code:
i);u

The program does not work with full window
I press INSERT and nothing happens.
In windowed mode it works all right.

Using Windows XP SP3.

PS: I did the whole scheme for using GLIDE.

Can anyone use the program in fullscreen window?

I believe unless your screens native resolution is close to 800x600 it won't work because the image is being stretched.

Sadly the capturing method used doesn't work on fullscreen games, and we've yet to find a method that does.

We've not totally given up on it, we've just had other things to worry about.

Regarding the upcoming update:

Currently the tradelist printer has gone though hard testing and I'm satisfied with its performance. I could tell you about the new features added since the preview posted some pages ago, but I'll save the words for the guide I'll have to write about it.

A "correction manager" has been implemented that has some functions to scan you database for errors and apply the corrections.

All in all we're 97% ready for release I'd say, excluding writing guides ... but that can be done after release anyway.

Excellent, I can't wait to try the new version.

Not sure if it has been requested yet, but a feature I would like to see would be greater control with stats printed in the tradelist. For instance I don't think there's any need to print full stats on an item such as a plain Cryptic Axe, which is currently done in the following way:

Cryptic Axe (2h-dmg: 33 to 150 , dur: 57 of 65 , dexreq: 103 , strreq: 165 , lvlreq: 59 , Polearm Class - Slow Attack Speed)

Here, I think simply having "Cryptic Axe" would be sufficient as most people looking to trade white items know the remaining stats. Of course, there are some special cases eg. Paladin shields, which can have resistances without being superior.

EDIT: I realize that you could just add replacement strings for these items, but perhaps something more clever can be thought of.

Excellent, I can't wait to try the new version.

Not sure if it has been requested yet, but a feature I would like to see would be greater control with stats printed in the tradelist. For instance I don't think there's any need to print full stats on an item such as a plain Cryptic Axe, which is currently done in the following way:

Cryptic Axe (2h-dmg: 33 to 150 , dur: 57 of 65 , dexreq: 103 , strreq: 165 , lvlreq: 59 , Polearm Class - Slow Attack Speed)

Here, I think simply having "Cryptic Axe" would be sufficient as most people looking to trade white items know the remaining stats. Of course, there are some special cases eg. Paladin shields, which can have resistances without being superior.

EDIT: I realize that you could just add replacement strings for these items, but perhaps something more clever can be thought of.
There are separate options to remove damage, durability, requirements and the "class - speed" of items. Since settings are node specific in the new tradelist printer you can have those options activated for only a part of the printout if you wish (like a section for white/gray items or even a section for white polearms).

"Polearm Class - Slow Attack Speed" could also be removed using the mod abbreviations. Simple deletion should do fine since no one cares about that line of the description anyway.

Note that abbreviations have gotten a face lift too, so even if you don't delete the mods altogether you can get shorter printouts. Here's the txt document for mod abbs:

AbbreviateStats.txt said:
[Instructions]
This is a file contains the abbreviations used for
abbreviating an items stats/mods. You are foremost
expected to use the tradelist printers "Modd Abb"
tab to edit this document as the formatting is
slightly more complicated then in previous Adria
versions.

You may still edit the existing abbrevations and
add your own if you wish, just add it to the list
below the abbreviations headline. Using the format:

Target;Replacement

Note however that the target is now a full modline
(line present in the item description) except that
all numbers have been replaced by x followed by
a number from 0 to 9 in the order they are written.
Example:

"Two-Hand Damage: 42 to 159"

should be written

"Two-Hand Damage: x0 to x1"

The replacement string now supports placing the
numbers as you wish. By writing x0 you specify
where the first number should be, and x1 where
the second one is to be placed and so on, up to
a maximum of x9 (though I don't think there's
any mods with that many seperate numbers on one
line). Example:

"x0-x1dmg"

If we combine the two examples above into:

"Two-Hand Damage: x0 to x1;x0-x1dmg"

The program will write "42-159dmg" instead of
"Two-Hand Damage: 42 to 159" when printing that
item.

DO NOT edit the header below and make sure the
document ends with at least one empty line.

[Abbreviations]
+x0 to Zeal (Paladin Only);x0zeal (pala)
+x0 to all Attributes;x0@att
+x0 poison damage over x1 seconds;x0/x1pdmg
+x0 to Holy Shock (Paladin Only);x0hs (pala)
+x0% to Poison Skill Damage;x0%pdmg
+x0% Increased Attack Speed;x0ias
+x0 to Amazon Skill Levels;x0ama
+x0 to Iron Golem (Necromancer Only);x0ig (nec)
+x0 to Attack Rating;x0ar
+x0 to Attack Rating against Undead;x0ar vs U
+x0 to Battle Command (Barbarian Only);x0bcom (barb)
+x0 to Barbarian Skill Levels;x0barb
+x0 to Bone Armor (Necromancer Only);x0ba (nec)
+x0 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only);x0b&c (ama)
+x0 to Attack Rating against Undead (Based on Character Level);x0ar vsU (clvl)
+x0 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level);x0ar (clvl)
+x0 to Blaze (Sorceress Only);x0blaze (sorc)
+x0 to Inferno (Sorceress Only);x0infer (sorc)
+x0% Damage to Undead;x0%DtU
+x0 to Lightning Strike (Amazon Only);x0ls (ama)
+x0 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only);x0ls (sin)
+x0 to Martial Arts (Assassin Only);x0ma (sin)
+x0 to Mana after each Kill;x0mak
+x0 to Mana;x0mana
+x0 to Lower Resist (Necromancer Only);x0lr (nec)
+x0 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only);x0j&s (ama)
+x0 to Light Radius;x0light
+x0 to Life;x0life
+x0 Lightning Absorb;x0labs
+x0 Life after each Kill;x0lak
+x0 to Lightning Bolt (Amazon Only);x0lb (ama)
+x0 to Leap (Barbarian Only);x0leap (barb)
+x0 to Lightning Fury (Amazon Only);x0lf (ama)
+x0 to Life (Based on Character Level);x0life (clvl)
... and so on

There's an inprogram interface for adding abbreviations, the program will identify mods longer then a threshold and add then to a list as suggested mods to abbreviate. You select the mod from that list, press a button (or double click in the list) and just type in the abbreviation.

The new version will ship with some standard printout "templates" for your tradelists, but you'll probably want to add your own that you've tweaked in every detail to how you want it ... so export and import template functions have been made too allow you easily share them.

Last edited:

There are separate options to remove damage, durability, requirements and the "class - speed" of items. Since settings are node specific in the new tradelist printer you can have those options activated for only a part of the printout if you wish (like a section for white/gray items or even a section for white polearms).

Node or sub-tree specific settings sound like an excellent idea. Eagerly awaiting the next release.

The code has been fixed and will once again be looked over to see if everything is in order.

[SIZE=+1][highlight]Note: first post will be edited when new release is up. Expect it in a few days if not major problems surface.[/highlight][/SIZE]

In the meantime I'll give you all a rundown of some of the new stuff.

OCR:
new dynamic "getletter" function (level up on letter recognition)
new line color recognition function (+option to specify colors)
fixed support for 640x480 inventory grid
classic item scan supported everywhere except in stash
added "levenfix" to fix errors (baised on levenshtein string distance)
Support for one-line items (keys/essences)

Tradelist Printer (Preview) new since then are:
interface to manage mod abbreviations
interface to manage name abbreviations
interface to manage custom replacements of strings at the end of printing
handling of list splitting (it tries to split long lists at good locations)
perfection tag removed
upped tag added
unidentified tag added
custom global tag added
printout progressbar added + option to cancel during print
export tradelist template added
import tradelist template added

Correction Manager:
manage autofix inside program
manage levenix inside program
scan for probable errors (either by some string logic or abbreviations)
apply fixes to database (apply fixes to OCR in settings: default = on)

Ingame:
function added to calculate used inventory space on character
fixed issue when trying to select char on empty account

Main Interface:
fixed issue that inventory grid "collapsed" once an item was deleted

That's all I can remember atm. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

New to this and have spent hours of reading...

For some reason, when I try to add items to Adria the window keeps jumping from one side of screen to other so no drag and drop....

So many mules and no way I can find to dump all the info-stats into a trade list...

Suggestions?

Running window mode, Windows 7 32bit and Adria item add screen jumps to other side of screen when I get near it with mouse...

Help please :)

You're not supposed to drag and drop. You hover the mouse over an item and press... I think it was insert to add items. Check the vid in the first post, and read the manual. Shouldn't be too difficult to add some accounts and characters to Adria and follow it up with items. Good luck! :)

New to this and have spent hours of reading...

For some reason, when I try to add items to Adria the window keeps jumping from one side of screen to other so no drag and drop....

So many mules and no way I can find to dump all the info-stats into a trade list...

Suggestions?

Running window mode, Windows 7 32bit and Adria item add screen jumps to other side of screen when I get near it with mouse...

Help please :)
In path 1.12 your diablo window would minimize when it lost focus, which is why we made the ingame window jump when you mouse it, to prevent you from clicking it and thereby minimizing d2. To add items you are supposed to use the keyboard. The video in the second post can show you the basics to get you going, and the manual can help you a bit further.

But free to ask any question if there's something specific you're wondering about after having a look at that video.

Last edited:

In path 1.12 your diablo window would minimize when it lost focus, which is why we made the ingame window jump when you mouse it, to prevent you from clicking it and thereby minimizing d2. To add items you are supposed to use the keyboard. The video in the second post can show you the basics to get you going, and the manual can help you a bit further.

But free to ask any question if there's something specific you're wondering about after having a look at that video.

Appreciate the quick response...

I watched video and am now having an issue with the scanning operation failing...I mouseover a rune for instance (happens on all items though) and it says "Scanning failed, please move item"

Tried moving items all over and get same response as I have on all items I try to scan...

Please forgive my ignorance...I read the enclosed manual and as stated, I watched the video...

I have also installed and am running under glider wrapper as well as running in windowed mode, set properties to run as XP SP3 (I am on Windows 7) and have also checked to run Adria as Admin even though I have UAC turned off...

Looks very promising, just need to work my way through this so I will heed any and all advice I can get...

Brilliant work guys...

Thank you,
Rick

Do you have the D2 window outside your screen so to speak? Even if your item is on screen, if the D2 window is slightly outside your screen I believe it fails.

Also make sure your mouse doesn't cover any part of the "box" with the stats items. Sometimes it can be tricky to make sure the mouse doesn't cover up the box, but it shouldn't be a problem on runes.

Edit: A screenshot might help with figuring out why it fails. Although I'm sure Kijya can help more than I can. >_> I'm just bored at work, and trying to help someone makes time go by quicker. =)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High