Adria - Inventory Management System

Re: Adria - Inventory Management System

Where is the log file? Can't find any in Adria folder.
User data folder, the path to it can be found in the adria.ini file in the program folder.

This is a fancy program. Thanks.

Now here comes some feedback/suggestions.

I also think that the empty mule space info would be nice. I was going to ask about it, but BRKO beat me to it.

I'd like to see more keyboard shortcuts (like the alt "underlined keys" or more dedicated ones). User definable would be nice too. Some pretty useful areas would be a shortcut move focus to the search box, being able to select/deselect the various search options and saving an edited item. I like using my keyboard :)
Good suggestion, shouldn't be to hard to do ... I think.

A column in the items panel that can display the short trade list printout (basically a quick summary of the important information so you don't have to always get the mouseover window to show up).
While it should not be too much of a problem to implement, it would require a bit of cpu to fill in the field. I fear the loss in load speed would be to much if we want a field worth reading, unless we change the idem data storage to include a premade string for that field.

We'll think about it.

The ability to ignore F12. I like to leave a lot of things opened (including Adria) and I don't want it to grab focus every time I want to use F12 for something else.
I choose F12 in the hope that it was a key barely anyone used for anything else, but if that's not the case maybe we can figure out a way to let the user choose a key.

It might be nice to change the order of the accounts and characters from within the program. This isn't too high of a priority for me because I can just change the files if I really want to move some things around.
Guess an interface for it could be made, rather simple to do after all.

Is the trade list printout of socketed items fixed in the new release?
Base item:
[e]Superior Scimitar
[w]One-Hand Damage: 2 to 7
[w]Durability: 22 of 22
[w]Required Dexterity: 21
[w]Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
+1 to Maximum Damage
Socketed (2)

Basic line printout:
Superior Scimitar (One-Hand Damage: 2 to 7, Durability: 22 of 22, Required Dexterity: 21, Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed, +1 to Maximum Damage, Socketed (2))

Mod abbreviations on:
Superior Scimitar (2-7 dmg, 22dur, 21rdex, 1max, 2sox)

Socket tag on, no dura on, no requirements on, no damage on:
2os Superior Scimitar (1max)

Hope that answers the question, or was it some specific error you where thinking of?

I also have an issue with multiple monitors. My secondary monitor is to the left of my main monitor. The "ingame window" is on my secondary monitor when it should be hidden. When I mouseover it, it will grab keyboard focus just like hitting F12 will. I have to hit F12 twice to claim back my keyboard input. Can you make this window more hidden (2000+pixels away if you use the same method). I can get you a screen shot if you want it.
iirc it is set to be at -5000 pixels while hidden, maybe using -10000 would fix this?

Ok, one more small thing... it thinks this is a dagger (a regex issue?):
Shimmering Ring of Poison Dagger
[w]Required Level: 37
All Resistances +7
Level 3 Poison Dagger (23/27 Charges)
Reason it happens is because the program matches the item name against a database of base items and tries to find the longest matching string, "Dagger" is sadly longer then "Ring". Guess we could cut away everything after " of " before the base item check, should fix it.

Last edited:

Strange. Log ends on 6th of June even though I tried running it today like 10 times.

Strange. Log ends on 6th of June even though I tried running it today like 10 times.
Strange indeed, may I inquire on changes you've made to your system recently? Can't really give much help with no error to start from.

No changes. It is XP 64bit running inside VirtualBox on linux.

But when I think about it... I did uninstall Internet Explorer 8, just not sure was it after of before I first run Adria.

I removed everything, including this folder, and installed it again. When I am running Adria, no new files are created in the folder where logs should be.

BTW, is the link to the newest version in the first post still up to date? I think it is 4.1 from October.

Hmm, well although I'd say IE8 shouldn't be needed maybe that uninstall removed some component that we where using. I don't know for sure what component it was but you could try installing the visual basic runtime.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/vbruntime

The 6.0 would be the right one.

Not sure if it will help but worth a try.

And yes the link is up to date, new version will be attached to first post when it is out.

I could suggest to reinstall IE8, but that's more like cursing then giving advice. Not sure what would be good to try next but you could relocate the datafolder to a subfolder of the program like:

Install folder:
C\Program Files\Adria\

User data:
C\Program Files\Adria\Data\

However, the datafolder position is more of a problem on vista, xp should have been smooth sailing ...

i'm itching to try this finally. i was going to install it last night, but since you're updating soon, i'll wait so i get a fresh version! great work!

I could suggest to reinstall IE8, but that's more like cursing then giving advice. Not sure what would be good to try next but you could relocate the datafolder to a subfolder of the program like:

Install folder:
C\Program Files\Adria\

User data:
C\Program Files\Adria\Data\

However, the datafolder position is more of a problem on vista, xp should have been smooth sailing ...
It gets even weirder. I installed brand new windows XP and the result is exactly the same.

Hmmmm... I have no idea why it disappeared from my system but after re-installation it works.

While it should not be too much of a problem to implement, it would require a bit of cpu to fill in the field. I fear the loss in load speed would be to much if we want a field worth reading, unless we change the idem data storage to include a premade string for that field.

We'll think about it.

Make it a toggle display (with a keyboard shotcut :) ) and default it as off? I'd be willing to spend the cpu cycles for it. The option to choose what kind of printout would be nice, but I might just go for the shortest one. A good use case for it would be when I search for "hellfi" and get all my torches listed with all useful information displayed.

I choose F12 in the hope that it was a key barely anyone used for anything else, but if that's not the case maybe we can figure out a way to let the user choose a key.

F12 is a fine key for it. I'd just like to make it not listen for it (or ignore it) sometimes.

Base item:
[e]Superior Scimitar
[w]One-Hand Damage: 2 to 7
[w]Durability: 22 of 22
[w]Required Dexterity: 21
[w]Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
+1 to Maximum Damage
Socketed (2)

Basic line printout:
Superior Scimitar (One-Hand Damage: 2 to 7, Durability: 22 of 22, Required Dexterity: 21, Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed, +1 to Maximum Damage, Socketed (2))

Mod abbreviations on:
Superior Scimitar (2-7 dmg, 22dur, 21rdex, 1max, 2sox)

Socket tag on, no dura on, no requirements on, no damage on:
2os Superior Scimitar (1max)

Hope that answers the question, or was it some specific error you where thinking of?

This answers it. The public version doesn't shorten the printout of anything that's socketed (or at least I can't get it to). I really like that last one.

iirc it is set to be at -5000 pixels while hidden, maybe using -10000 would fix this?

Here's a screen shot of it. I hit F12, F10, F12. The Opera windows are maximized on each monitor. 1280x1024 and 1680x1050

adriawindowsmall.png

[SIZE=+2]Requesting OCR errors, please post if you have any![/SIZE]
I'm writing a function that checks a number of things to tell if a description line is likely to have been incorrectly scanned. To do this I'd like as many examples as possible so I can make sure it works for those cases.

Make it a toggle display (with a keyboard shotcut :) ) and default it as off? I'd be willing to spend the cpu cycles for it. The option to choose what kind of printout would be nice, but I might just go for the shortest one. A good use case for it would be when I search for "hellfi" and get all my torches listed with all useful information displayed.

F12 is a fine key for it. I'd just like to make it not listen for it (or ignore it) sometimes.
Alright should be doable, will not be in the soon to be released version but probably next one.

This answers it. The public version doesn't shorten the printout of anything that's socketed (or at least I can't get it to). I really like that last one.
Strange but nevertheless that shouldn't be the case for the upcoming one.

Here's a screen shot of it. I hit F12, F10, F12. The Opera windows are maximized on each monitor. 1280x1024 and 1680x1050
I see, well we'll throw in a -10000 instead of -5000 and see if that fixes it.

Most common OCR errors:

D(|sk Shro(|d
Coloss(|s Sword
etc...

Also, if a uniq item has 0 durability and it's name changes to red, OCR puts it into N/A group.

I would also suggest putting ETH at the beginning of item names, rather than end. This is a very important modifier.

These are from titles instead of descriptions but...
From my ocrautofix:
Code:
i);u
Hal)erd;Halberd
I);D
Toulge;Voulge
Hau)erk;Hauberk
Vhresher;Thresher

I also think V is put in for T sometimes, like in Troll Nest or Sacred Targe. It may have been be shortened a little with ");b", but I wasn't sure if the first or last entries had precedence.

I think the problems happen most often when the item is gray.

Here is a coloring issue (I'm not sure where on the screen it was or what was behind it when this happened, but I'm sure moving it and adding it again would have fixed it):

Code:
[u]Kelpie Snare
[e]Fuscina
[e]Two-Hand Damage: 103 to 193
[e]Durability: 18 of 18
[e]Required Dexterity: 15
[w]Required Strength: 67
[e]Required Level: 33
[u]Spear Class - Slow Attack Speed
[e]+161% Enhanced Damage
[u]Adds 30-50 damage
[u]Slows Target by 75%
[w]+10 to Strength
[u] +115 to Life (Based on Character Level)
[e]Fire Resist +50%
[b]Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Here's another one done properly:
Code:
[u]Kelpie Snare
[u]Fuscina
[w]Two-Hand Damage: 79 to 146
[w]Durability: 31 of 35
[w]Required Dexterity: 25
[w]Required Strength: 77
[w]Required Level: 33
[w]Spear Class - Normal Attack Speed
[b]+161% Enhanced Damage
[b]Adds 30-50 damage
[b]Slows Target by 75%
[b]+10 to Strength
[b]+82 to Life (Based on Character Level)
[b]Fire Resist +50%

Alright, thanks for posting them. Luckily we do not only have this new "fix" function but also new functions for determining the correct line color, along with a dynamic letter determination function. :whistling:

I'm thinking of dropping the pdf guide as we've made them previously, not like everyone want to read those anyway. Instead I was thinking of writing shorter task specific step-by-step guides for common task and attatching them separately to the first post next to where the DL for the new version will be.

This way I could release the next version before updating the guides, and the guides could themselves be updated separately with for example workarounds when a bug is founds etc.

Besides I'm sure file titles like "Making Tradelists.txt" is less intimidating then "User Manual.pdf" ...

Just installed Adria, and I've got some problems. I'm running on Windows 7 64 bit. Adria doesn't find the window (nor even catch f12 unless Adria is active window, I think). This is easily fixed by Windows XP compatibility mode. Now everything seems to run fine - except I can't add items. It's like Adria doesn't even catch insert - key, nothing at all happens. Arrow keys, f-keys etc work, and I do have a character selected. Log just shows Adria has started, nothing else.

I saw somebody having similar problem earlier in this thread, but I didn't notice any solutions. Might've just missed them but..

Well, seems like a cool program anyway. It's not like I really need this for single acc, but would be handy :)

Also, why have I missed Glide Wrapper? I don't even know how long it's been since I've last used Perspective <3

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High