A Breath of Fresh Air ... A New Item Find Thread

Gheeds is 40/bull/crap
It's nice to have one with -15% vendor prices and I prefer to have one with good MF in addition. Exchanging them for gambling is a bit of a hassle, although less of one since we have a shared stash, but I'm not going to swap Gheed's because of gambling. I'm putting on Edge before gambling though.
- But I forgot to mention last time that I found a 40/150/15 which is my best yet and was put to use immediately.
I think the best I've ever found was a 40/145/15 one, but that was probably more than 10 years ago.

Btw: in 1.07 magic items can get 4 sockets from larzuk so jewelers affix is kinda meh

Btw: in 1.07 magic items can get 4 sockets from larzuk so jewelers affix is kinda meh
like this?
Game.exe Screenshot 2023.10.29 - 09.13.50.10.png

That's also an exciting item but imo doesn't compare to finding a jewelers armor of the whale off the ground considering its rarity. I been looking for a jewelers armor of the whale in current patch forever. I'm surprised that more people aren't shocked that I actually found it. It's like jmod rarity isn't it?!

I failed a pretty big number of socket quests too, it's only a 1 in 4 chance of 4 sockets and they aren't free. And finding a double affix isn't super easy it still takes time. You can settle for the single affix of the whale but then you've got a kinda boring item. You'll be done a lot sooner though! You can shop them at anya but only ancient armors really which are higher requirements, and that still takes a long, long, long time. These armors don't have a huge affix pool so you do hit whale relatively frequently, maybe 1 in 20 shop trips? but double affix happens far less frequently. Otherwise you're stuck picking up every magic armor base that can roll 4 sockets over the course of hundreds of hours, which is what I do. I think ideally I want a dusk shroud or archon plate but that's not happening in 1.07. gothic plates drop really frequently from LK so that's what I've been doing. It's an arduous process.

Even when you do hit the double affix which isn't that insanely rare (I think I've found 6 or so of them over about a 50 hours of casually looking while farming other stuff), you fail the socket quest 75% of the time leading to a graveyard of items like this:
Game.exe Screenshot 2023.10.29 - 09.33.39.86.png

So your lack of enthusiasm Ziambe is not appreciated :ROFLMAO:o_O

Last edited:
Jewellers armours of the whale
I'm surprised that more people aren't shocked that I actually found it. It's like jmod rarity isn't it?!
As a drop I guess, but the armours can be shopped rather easily whereas Monarchs cannot. :)

Gratz, great roll!

Quested my HC FoHdin to Act 3 Hell to get access to LK runs, first map didn't have 2 campfires. Decided to roll maps now for a nice 2 campfire map and just charge/teleport when needed. (Teleport staff with 33 charges). Rolled about 10 maps or so, found a good one with 2 campfires close. This dropped after 22 runs! Hopefully this cuts down the total number of LK runs for this Pally! :eek:

Screenshot064.png

Dropping a dump of insane charms from my recent 1.07 runs. No double affix damage GC's yet :( that's what I'm going for but my best has been 23 max damage.

9maxSC.png
12light6maxSC.png12fire19lifeSC.png10fire6maxSC.png
gul.png6ar5frwSC.png

Some good stuff. Getting really frustrated at no double affix max damage grand charms though. I'm starting to think it won't happen. I don't even take pictures of the max damage grand charms I find anymore because they're capping out at 20 most of the time and I have tons of them. This is the best I got, I forwarded it to d2r

bestmaxdamGC.png

I told myself I wouldn't post until I hit the double affix and I guess this is technically it but it's not exactly what I wanted.

Dropping a dump of insane charms from my recent 1.07 runs. No double affix damage GC's yet :( that's what I'm going for but my best has been 23 max damage.

View attachment 88291
View attachment 88292View attachment 88293View attachment 88294
View attachment 88296View attachment 88295

Some good stuff. Getting really frustrated at no double affix max damage grand charms though. I'm starting to think it won't happen. I don't even take pictures of the max damage grand charms I find anymore because they're capping out at 20 most of the time and I have tons of them. This is the best I got, I forwarded it to d2r

View attachment 88297

I told myself I wouldn't post until I hit the double affix and I guess this is technically it but it's not exactly what I wanted.
Lovely finds! Perhaps you need to be more targeted in your search if you want to find these - they are extremely hard to find. It might sound weird but I would consider running running NM LK for these charms. It seems the affix level for the best +damage prefix for Grand Charms is 52, the alvl of NM LK. You can also easily and quickly do Trav here. Another bonus is crafting runes seem to drop wayyy more often in NM, not sure why people don't abuse this more.

Edit: just checked and the NM LK super chests seem to drop ilvl 55

Reference is the charms section in this guide: https://www.purediablo.com/strategy/addendum-to-the-diablo-2-1-07-guide

While I'm here, I should share an incredible streak of good luck I had this week in 1.14
Screenshot229.jpg
Screenshot232.jpg
From which I made this (I'm 2 for 2 on perfect -55 Infinity now :eek:)
Screenshot233.jpg
and then
Screenshot234.jpg
3x Ber in 2 days! The truly crazy thing about this was I was farming LK specifically for Infinity and I found Ber/Mal/Ber in that order, in probably 5-6 hours

Also thanks to the Burning Souls trick got my first 1.07 Shako
Screenshot249.jpg

Last edited:
Another hour of TZ Andy, another disgusting haul pic:

Screenshot009.png
Meh rolls, except 35/10 vipermagi which is kinda OK except I already have a perfect roll. Stormlash gets me to grail -3 now just missing Redeemer, Torch of Iro and those elusive green Heavy Boots. Also, orange is the new green/gold:

Screenshot008.png

Man those are some tasty drops from Andy! Always love to see a Zod.

In my last go at Terrorized Andy, Wednesday IIRC, I scored my first Verdungo’s and first Crown of Ages in D2R. I was pretty stoked about that.

I think another hour of TZ Andy is coming up for me this afternoon. Here’s hoping for more goodies.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High