2023 Spring RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: Round 1 (Areas)

@ffs I got so focused on running for experience that I stopped Horking the Council when I pulled my MF gear. Trav is going to be a TZ for me tonight so, I'll try that and see what I think. before TZs I would run Trav at /p3, but once the TZs started and when Trav was terrorized I'd run it at /p8. However, for the RFL I'm doing /p3, which I find rather easy. I'm running without Enigma so my times are about 1 1/2 minutes unless Vilehand is PI.

I am also logging a complaint, so that's 2 of us.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
I'm now 10 hours into the set, with 6 qualifiers. The drop quality is quite solid, so I think everyone should probably just give up :p (I hadn't seen any trash talking, so figured a little bit might be in order!)

In terms of nonqualifiers, my Sorc got an upgrade for her War Travelers and a max damage/max +life/2os roll for Heaven's Light (too bad it wasn't +3 skills).
CS (50 MF WT).jpg
Screenshot001.jpg
Code:
Heaven's Light
Mighty Scepter
One Hand Damage: 160 - 208
Durability: 25 of 50
Required Level: 61
Required Strength: 125
Required Dexterity: 65
Fingerprint: 0x1f7c7ff
Item Level: 88
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
+20% Increased Attack Speed
300% Enhanced Damage
-33% Target Defense
+150% Damage to Undead
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
+20 Life after each Demon Kill
+3 to Light Radius 2 Sockets (0 used)
Also a Fine (3/17) SC of Life (10) and this Shimmering SC of Balance:
Code:
Shimmering Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0xbba872e
Item Level: 88
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
All Resistances +4

Last edited:
Question to Trav runners: Are you still running on P3 or have you considered/tried running on P1?

In my last hour of Trav I tried P1 towards the end and, while I didn't do any calculations precisely comparing efficiency, it felt much better and I suspect in my case at least it is indeed the way to go.

Horking (which is always "as if" it was P7/8) now contributes much more to the overall drops with >70% FI. Plus I have more MF on FI switch, increasing its contribution to overall drops a bit further. That's great on the one hand but also much worse with cluttering. Despite gold pickup, on P3 I still found myself having cluttering issues and wasting some time here and there On P1 it felt much smoother and I spent less time double-checking/repositioning before starting a new run.

I've only ever played Blizz Sorc in Trav prior to this RFL, so I just followed the usual P3 setting. Did some quick math and my 34 sec P3 Trav should be about equal to 29 sec P1 Trav at 74% FI, so I would need to do the P1 runs 5 seconds faster. Faster killing and less clutter could make up some of that time and possibly more, depending on the Barb DPS and how the clutter is dealt with (also less scanning from the right side). I think I kill quickly enough to stay on P3, but TZ Trav is definitely taking longer than non-TZ, so it might be worth it to TZ on P1 at the very least.

Clutter should feel about equivalent to 1.14 since auto gold pickup should cancel out the additional ~20% in FI. The clutter disadvantage of P3 is harder to quantify since I'm not sure how much item text I'm still missing out, even with scanning from the right side.

Seems like P1 Trav Barb can be competitive and worth a shot for others to test.

Reactions: PhineasB
@Nano right, could indeed be different for TZ vs non-TZ. I was only running TZ Trav, where the difference was noticeable (in my case, not using my best Griefs nor Anni). Even for me P3 could still be technically more efficient, just less comfortable both with kill speed/danger (HC) and especially item cluttering.

As for status: 15 hours done, 12 qualifiers. Top 5 are still far from competitive, so technically I'm still complaining :D but at least not longer a total failure. I kept with the habit of running Trav when terrorized with WW Barb, otherwise AS/Trav/CS on P7 with Assassin. Her runs look like this:

Below average density in AS and CS but otherwise pretty typical run. I'm still building up my HC stashes so I pick up a variety of items, also running with ~270 MF and killing boss packs, so not really going all-in on rune finding.

Best drop since my last post was SoJ. The minute I finally get a Griffon's to drop I'm planning to build a Nova/ES Sorc, so this was a very welcome sight (only my 2nd one in HC and I sold the 1st for Anni).

Screenshot572.pngScreenshot574.pngScreenshot578.pngScreenshot581.pngScreenshot583.pngScreenshot584.pngScreenshot586.png

Please state whether you are running v1.07, v1.13/1.14 or D2R.
-------------------------
PhineasB (v1.14)
LouB (vD2R)
Kruemelmonschda (vD2R)
Excalibur (D2R)
Jpy (D2R)
CaseyJones(D2R)
Gregth(D2R)
Swamigoon(1.14)
little birdy (D2R [on console if that makes any difference!])
maxicek (D2R)
BBS_Agonistes (D2R)
Kstil3227 (D2R)
ffs (D2R)
Silvio415 (v1.14)
Nano (D2R)
ziambe (1.07)
m4ke (D2R)
Gynli (D2R)
Vildecor (D2R)
------------------------

Looks like I'm a bit late to the party! I doubt I'll get a full 20 hour set done for this round, but I'll see what I can do. I plan to probably just mess around in Terror Zones with my Blizzballer for this round.

Reactions: ffs and ziambe
2nd set down. This time the non-qualifiers were more alluring.

Contemplating running a few hours in 1.14...

BydcjrE.png

First 10 hours done:
Arcane Sanctuary: 7h
TZ Tower: 1h
TZ Bloody Foothills/Frigid Highlands: 1h
TZ Catacombs: 30m
TZ Jail: 30m

Prefaced that with with Ancients and Baal to enable TZs as I mentioned before, with a pleasant surprise en route. Drops have been so non existent since then that hitting 92 is literally the most fulfilling part of those hours so far.
I had ONE measly qualifier about 5 minutes before I hit the 10 hour mark... the Crack of the Heavens drop did enable a little more offensive fire power, though. Using a Hustle/2x P Diamond Moser's setup now to offset the lightning resistance loss.

For non qualifiers:
Only posting best rolls for sunder charms, there were others of course.
Rotting Fissure (-81)
Cold Rupture (-75)
Crack of the Heavens (-79)
Flame Rift (-85)
FHR Fire GC
6 Strength P Comb GC
3 WC/77 GF Amulet
-4/+5 Fire Die Facet
15 IAS/24 PR Jewel

Reactions: ffs and Nano
Finished my (first) set. Complaining only helped with getting number of qualifiers to an acceptable 16, but not with improving their subpar quality. :) Set is not reported yet as I'm contemplating going for another one, even though I most likely won't be able to finish it. No further non-qualifiers of note since my last post.

I ended up trying various setups for Mosaic Sin but always went back to the one all-round setup I started with. Seems the most balanced and solid overall and with meaningful MF. If MF isn't a concern, here's what I think the true end game version of the build can look like and what I'll try to gear up for:
2x Mosaic
Enigma
Griffon's 'Cham'
2/17+ amulet
2x FCR rings with good mods (life, resists, MF, bonus stats/mana/MF)
Arach
TO/Magefist
WT/whatever other boots

Most importantly this hits 102 FCR, along with a damage boost against broken/sundered LIs.

Once I get Griffon's I'll go for something along those lines. Kinda lame that except for Tyrael's, I found all S&Us in HC that are even rarer than Griffon's, but still missing that one... It's annoying because it's kinda halting my HC plans, also needing it for several other characters like Nova Sorc or Java. Hoping to find one soon, my plan is to go for some MFing until round 2 starts, with runs doubling as a second round 1 set. ;)

GL HF to everyone still finishing their sets!

Reactions: Zyr and PhineasB
It seems to be a common theme for me that I get no improvement in the last ten hours. Results sent.

• Sad
Reactions: Zyr and ffs
I am at about 12 hours and haven't had any luck. Best rune thus far was a Lem. But the EXP and other misc. drops have been nice.

According to D2 Emu's TZ calendar, the Forgotten Tower will be Terrorized at 11am EDT today and tomorrow, so here's to hoping that two hours spent with my old buddy The Countess will produce some qualifiers... Can you hear me, RNGesus? :whistle:

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
I'm going to say I'm starting a second set. I running TZs and AS anyway, so maybe I will get a lucky drop. I'm not expecting anything though.

1 set down. Not going to "run" another set. I'll still run my UTHC 99er through the TZs til 99 which is about 15% away from 99, but I will not count drops as another set. Turned in a solid score for the bottom hahaha. The exp is more important now. Good luck to the runners still going.

10 hours done in the first set for me.

Because complaining on the forum always seem to help... rune drops are abysmal! But i will also accept nice S/Us like a fathom and nightwings! :devilish:

It looks like I should be able to get a couple more hours in during the week, and finish off the set over the weekend without much trouble.

Good job to those already finished and good luck to everyone still running! 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: PhineasB
Well abysmal is an understatement!. Set completed and top 5 runes were Lem, Fal and 3 Ko. Yep, zero qualifiers. I've got nothing better to do and I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'm going to try and get a second set in. Can't be any worse!!

There were some nice drops along the way, but no grailers for me. Besides the 50% MF War Travelers, I think one of the best came Sunday night. The only other one I have has only one socket.

1680649068678.png

Exp flew up with having Chaos, Pits, Catacombs/Andariel, and Mephisto/Durance to run in those 10 hours.

Top finds of the last 10 hours of the set were very nice! 2nd SOJ for Syd. First went to the Anni. Found in the Hole Level 1 (Black Marsh)Screenshot510.png

Highlord's #2 as well. Found at Mephisto
Screenshot518.png

INSANE SC! Found at Andariel Screenshot520.png

Grailer for Syd. (-46)....(Overall lifetime grail still at -3 Tyreal's, Mang's, and Cranium Basher) Found at Andariel.Screenshot522.png

Last edited:
7 hours in so far and I've had some strange luck. Trav was one of the first Terrorized zones, and I decided to just stay there for the whole 20 hours. I had a nice set of 25 consecutive runs that dropped 4 qualifiers! Just finished a second round of Terrorized Trav and had both Bone Break and Black Cleft drop during the same run.

I can't really complain too much about luck when I'm sitting on 7 qualifiers after 7 hours, but I also can't quite give the "you might as well stop running" message either.

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High