2021 Spring RFL Results Thread: Areas (Round Three)

Figured I should provide a bit more details :)

I ran Arcane Sanctuary at /p7 for the majority of the time. I normally only ran 1/2 way around 1 leg with took an average of 3 minutes (no titans, no griffons, no enigma) because that side of the leg had no active lightning towers whereas the other side had 4 and the merc + valk would focus on them instead of droppable mobs. I tried a few settings but it seemed I would get a rune about every 5 minutes at /p7 and only about every 7 minutes at /p3 (short sample set so not a complete truth).

Things started out grand, an Um 13 minutes into the set
AprilUM_1.jpg
, a Mal just shy of the first hour,
AprilMAL.jpg
and then just shy of 1.5 hours in, OMG is it...yes a Ber?
AprilBER.jpg

So, at 1.5 hours in...3 qualifiers with a very nice HR in there...this set was going to be very lucky or I was about to hit a RNG averaging out drought. It was the latter....the drought remained until nearly 17 hours into the set (15.5 hours with no qualifiers) and was broken by my second Um
AprilUM2.jpg

Nearly 2 more hours would pass before my next qualifier (@ 18:49)...Oh yeah! I am HAPPY NOW!, the Jah needed to complete my Enigma!
AprilJAH.jpg

After this point, with just an hour remaining, I was ecstatic because I found the 2 runes I have been looking for here for years now. So, I mainly watched for a decent base (found a 3 socket Mage Plate), and an Ith rune (though I have tons stashed) to complete the set:
AprilITH.jpg
AprilMagePlate.jpg

That was the total of qualifiers found for the set but my favorite RFL round yet! Funnily enough, I wanted the runes to showcase at the end so have not made the Enigma yet, it is the first thing on the list when I come back to this character. Once the set was done, I switched back to my HC fire druid in the Orange tourney.

A summary and a few other nice finds on the way:
242 total runes picked up (4.96 minutes per rune) - at least 1 of every non-qualifier rune
27 Jewels (didn't really picked gems this time around)
102 charms (generally only pick small and GCs)
6 skillers (PnB +22 life, Sorc Fire +1-33 light dmg, Ama passive +23 life, Ama bow +1-29 light dmg, Assy Shadow plain, Barb mastery plain)
Eth Blackhorns Face
Tal's Mask and Orb
@25 res Saracen's Chance Ammy
5 unique rings (3 Nagels, 1 manald, 1 dwarf star)

Last edited:
This round(+0.5) was done in the CS with Ned once again. He found a Zod in each of his last 2 competitions, so I was hoping he could repeat some magic. His last time out was a little unconventional, finding just an Um and Pul in the first 19 hours, and a Zod in the final one.. This time he had a more typical spacing of qualifiers. Here's how it went.

Set 1:

He had his first qualifier at 2:30 (Ist) then our first biggie at 3:20

C6RX8yS.jpg

Pul at 5 hrs, then another at 6:15. Um at 8:30 and then a real treat at 9:45

wTub3VK.jpg

Not to be outdone, a short 1.5 hours later at 11:15

OmQPBeD.jpg

Then another 1.5 hours after THAT, at 12:45, this happened:

wPo8SlG.jpg

Not a bad little streak there! His top 3 runes and a combined score of 68.5 in just 3 hours time. Nice! Predictably, things slowed down a bit for the rest of the set.

14:15 - Um

16:15 - Pul

18:35 dropped one more Pul and that's that, set 1 complete!

Nice haul, very happy with it. No Zod, but no NDE either, so that's a wash. ;)

Some other finds:
2x Ormus (Shiver Armor and Thunder Storm - both duplicates)
Wolfhowl
Boneflame
4/4 Poison facet
Light facet -3/+4

Set 2:

Ned began this set at around 97.75, so I basically stuck with traditional Gripp runs to keep the XP flowing. I was (obviously) quite happy with the first set and didn't expect to beat it, so this one was more to have fun and gain some XP.

Right off the bat, not a qualifier but something equally as exciting; a grailer!

R7QydmH.jpg

Heaven's Light! That's -4 now!

Finally at 6:45 into the set Ned's first qualifier in a Vex, and then an hour later something a bit better:

V4Olst3.jpg

Then at 8:35 - Mal

Maybe not a ton of exciting stuff rune-wise, but Ned did finally get his first proper NDE. And I mean a PROPER one.

fH1XeSx.jpg

Holy moly. Double boss pack in there, fanat (obviously) and I think I saw a flash of conviction in there but I can't be sure. Close call! However, two last qualifiers snuck in:

11:40 - Um
12:00 - Sur

And then:

bqGY9W4.jpg

Nice! I was practically out of RL time, so that's all for this set. In total, just over 12h of running for the second set but my main goal was to try and hit 98 so I'm very pleased with that.

And of course, the haul pic:

O9FHqnH.jpg

Now that I look at it, I forgot the Vex. Well, just imagine it in there. ;)

Thanks as always to @PhineasB for hosting, especially the extra work in the sped-up timeline this year! Congrats to all runners on your fun new toys, and a big kudos to @Nano for taking the overall win!

Last edited:
Reactions: PhineasB and Nano
Congrats everyone, and especially @Nano for the win! I kinda not-so-secretly hope this isn’t the beginning of yet another reign of terror spanning half a dozen tournaments. ;)

I just didn’t feel like playing D2 this time around :rolleyes: but as we all know, it’s only a matter of time until that changes – I’ll be around for the next one!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High