2016 Summer MFO

If I have experience to loose with my Sorc, either by not reaching level 96 or being somewhat on my way to 97 already, I'll probably stick to Pindle, keep doing CS runs on /p8 or play my HC Furyzon or Venomancer instead. Otherwise I might do AT again. /p8 play and the HC characters would be far from optimal though. And even for my 99er Sorc doing Pindle or AT, I still have some gear to find to up my mf%.

You keep referring to your sorc as '99er sorc'. It's a sorc that you hope that maybe, possibly, could be reaching 99 one day. As a 99er sorc this offends me. :p

Oh noes ... my sincere apologies :). I'll buy you a drink to make up for the incredibly hard time I'm putting you through right now ...

I'll tell DJ he can stop using Durf's credit card and use yours instead. J/k. But i do wanna say that you're still a long ways from 99. You're like 95 or 96 now, right? That means you're still in the easy part of things. Yes, that's right, the easy part. And no, i'm not exaggerating.

As for the MFO: it's tempting to participate. But even if i did participate, what would i play? Baal? AT? Pits? I guess i'll just postpone the decision to the latest possible time.

Yes, I'm somewhere at 95.6 now. I've heard that the grind only really starts at 97 or even beyond. I hope that good drops once in a while will keep me motivated. It's been incredibly fun so far, I'll try to keep it that way.

But that's enough hijacking this thread from me now. Back to the real stuff: you know you'll participate. It's too much fun not to.

Btw, your drink is awaiting you in the bar :).

A shameless re-post, with some updated information :p:

Pindle+

2015 Summer: XyleneCyanol - 82
2013 Winter: Gripphon - 99.6
2013 Summer: ToxFTW - 63.7
2012 Winter: TheNix - 94.8
2012 Summer: nulio - 103.4
2011 Winter: skiffcz - 109.6
2011 Summer: scrcrw - 108.9
2010 Winter: colony – 97.8
2010 Summer: roshen - 100.9

lvl85:

2015 Summer: LiquidClear - 122.1
2014 Summer: Gripphon - 131.7
2013 Winter: Fabian - 111.0
2013 Summer: NagisaFurukawa - 111.7
2012 Winter: Nepenthe - 72.1
2012 Summer: Fabian - 126.2 (in other lvl85); Kimppi - 110.2 (in AT)
2011 Winter: bassano - 192.1 (in other lvl85); sequana - 138.3 (in AT)
2011 Summer: MercMan - 104.8 (in other lvl85); Paradigmshift - 62.7 (in AT)
2010 Winter: GabrielSylar - 93.1 (in other lvl85); frozzen - 161.0 (in AT)
2010 Summer: Thomh - 117.4 (in other lvl85); Steven Q Urkel - 79.8 (in AT)

Baal:

2013 Winter: WoRG - 319.9
2013 Summer: NagisaFurukawa - 415.3
2012 Winter: Frozzzen - 261.5
2012 Summer: WoRG - 518.7
2011 Winter: Denton - 419.9
2011 Summer: nepeta - 560.6
2010 Winter: Zaliqai - 316.7
2010 Summer: maareek - 338.4

One small spoiler, but next MFO might be one of the best ever. 3 MFO legends might return to battleground to try to win yet another one.

One of them once won two categories at once and his average invested time per MFO is probably in area of 70+ hours (I'm not even joking). Also a part of holy trinity of AT blizzard sorceress players.
Second of them holds record for most invested time in MFO and has most efficient magicfind character in history of SPF.
Third of them had several times over 100 score on MFO and is usually among top 3 when he tries to play. Also a part of holy trinity of blizzard sorceress AT players on forum.

If all 3 will participate, you are all dead anyway, but it will be fun to play against masters of this game, right?

If all 3 will participate, you are all dead anyway, but it will be fun to play against masters of this game, right?
I feel like you're leaving out the part where the last time all 3 participated in the same MFO as you they all got absolutely demolished there, Mr. Grip "Never Not Getting Tyrael's Day 1" phon.

Hey, last MFO also got day 1 Tyrael's and got demolished instead. Happens to everyone from time to time.

Someone please alert Oxford that "demolished" has been updated to mean "barely lost on a tiebreaker."

I'm in!

And by in I mean I'll not be contacting the Oxford Dictionary people, but will be playing in the 2016 MFO :)

Last edited:
Was this starting tomorrow, I sort of lost track?

I think Thy just acts confused because she wants a head start. And given previous performances one could argue she needs it. :rolleyes:

and has most efficient magicfind character in history of SPF.

First your whole post got me pumped to compete in my first ever MFO . But now I really must know about what the most efficient MF character in the history of SPF is...???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First your whole post got me pumped to compete in my first ever MFO . But now I really must know about what the most efficient MF character in the history of SPF is...???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's definitely the FoHer. He doesn't kill as fast as the lolbarb or MF as hard or even hork as loudly, but he has the most heart

Hey, I'd like to take part if possible !

I will ready my sorceress for baal/Ancient Tunnel runs :)
any week in July is fine by me.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High