2016 Summer MFO

nulio

Jun 7, 2009
Sooooo, when will we have this?
Are there other D2 events planned for the next couple of months?

Last one was in September but that doesn't mean we can have it as early as in the last week of June if it warrants more players. Let me know!

And what areas should we have? Is it time to have Baal back or should we keep him banished to the fiery pits of hell? Should we add more stuff? Bla bla bla

Open up for Baal too, sure. If 5-6 people or more want to run it, run it, with a smaller pool, don't run it. In my opinion.

Dunno about dates. I can see playing ~20-30 hours pretty much whenever as long as it's not late in the summer. Doubt I'd run more than that no matter when it is.

Question is when would MFO be?
Bear in mind that european championship in football starts in 16 days and lasts for 1 month till 10th july, but I'm not sure how many people in here are gonna follow that. Olympics start 5th august. So, unless participants don't care about euro, best time for MFO would be somewhere between 10th july and 5th august, otherwise any time from now on can work.

New path of exile leagues start June 03, so unless it's like next week or late july I'm probably out. Count me in if it's late July though

Question is when would MFO be?
Bear in mind that european championship in football starts in 16 days and lasts for 1 month till 10th july, but I'm not sure how many people in here are gonna follow that. Olympics start 5th august. So, unless participants don't care about euro, best time for MFO would be somewhere between 10th july and 5th august, otherwise any time from now on can work.

Wouldn't it actually be an argument to do it when it's either the EC or Olympics? In summer it tends to be good weather (or so i've heard) which means people will want to spend time outside. But events like this makes them sit inside anyway so you can both run for the MFO and watch tv at the same time. Or is it just me who does/did that?

All these people wanting to run Baal all of a sudden. Where were they when i was running him during MFO's?

Even though i feel like i'm having too little time already it is kinda tempting to participate. Not saying i'll participate, but i'll give it some thought.

I can't do second half of July. Don't really care about Euros, so whenever outside the end of July is fine for me.

Pindle again to try to complete the grail or alvl85 for me.

I would probably be in. No Baal for me though, as I would do this in SC, where I only have my 99er Sorc, who only plans to get beyond the Ancients at level 98. I think I'd prefer Pindle, as that's been a while, and I've done my share of AT runs recently.

I will be following the EK closely (can't do it another way with our 3 boys being huge soccer fans), and don't play D2 and watch soccer at the same time. So mid June until mid July wouldn't really work for me. Then again we go on holiday a week later, and I usually don't play much during summer time anyway if the weather is good.

So long story short: I'll follow this thread, and when the MFO launches, I'll most likely try to squeeze in some time as well.

Mentioned (and subsequently linked to) this tournament to the top speedrunner on twitch, so maybe we'll get some competition from outside the forum! Easy 100+ points I'm sure.

I should be able to run, or at least I'm not aware of any time frame of 10 days that I would be totally out.

Watching sports and casually MFing, sounds like something I've done quite a lot.

Almost feeling like Baaling for once. But afterhorking and a85 also, for sure.

Also, MFO hype!

Oh I'll probably join when it comes down to it. I won't win, but I'll sure as hell join. Baal is a possibility, especially if I get to 98 with my sorc by then (doubtful).

Mentioned (and subsequently linked to) this tournament to the top speedrunner on twitch, so maybe we'll get some competition from outside the forum! Easy 100+ points I'm sure.

So you linked them to us, but where is our link to them?

Cyrax,

Happy to oblige, as watching the top speedrunners is a lot of fun! Check out some of his world record videos (normal runs are more fun than hell runs imo) if he's not online.

https://www.twitch.tv/teo1904

ETA: There's also https://www.twitch.tv/mrllamasc who's like 90% as good and streams a lot more (especially at US friendly times). All/most of the other speedrunners are reasonably far behind those two afaik.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High