[2014] Heritage of Habacalva Tournament [by twilight]

@ Thyiad

What was the actual roll? Doesn't show up in your post..

In the mean time... seems like I am restricted to maces..

@ Twilight

What's the ruling on switch weapons? Do they have to follow the rules in OP? I'll be more specific..

I found: http://tinypic.com/r/10yjofd/8 Now, obviously I am not allowed to attack with it, and we aren't utilizing Offensive spells, so the only thing I could really do with it is switch to it while opening chests/looting bodies. Is this allowed? I'll leave it in my Stash until I can get some clarification ;3

(Yes I understand we are normally allowed to use any weapon, but I have to ask this question since I chose to restrict myself with the Dice feature)

Thank you! I've been waiting on that answer all day... Lol.

I'll update the spreadsheet with Valsheera's progress when (and if) I make it to Andariel. Still playing P8, but it's getting hairy.

Just entered Stony Field, not even 3 feet in and found a Unique Moon Clan. Was pleasant enough to drop me a 300% ED Arctic Furs, all while Gull Dagger sits in my stash :O

Also have 2x 12% FHR GCs. I think the game is trying to provide me with handicaps because it knows my lack of experience with survivability and Hardcore..

Oh well, i'll take it! XD Lvl 11 w/ 25 Unused stat points, 9 Unused skill points.

@xXxGrimmxXx

Congratulations, nice drops and please put that stats into vitality and use frost shield and static field if it's not done yet.My advice is to go farm countess for tal+eth armor 25%fhr+24%fhr(charms)=49%. Drops down 6 frames(sorc got worst fhr bps).

@ Bondcho Sound advice, thank you! :D I've been using Static Field like it's going out-of-style. Been running into some scary packs though, met a Conviction pack somewhere in Cold Plains (Maybe it was the Cave) and a Fanaticism Pack in Stony Field. Rakashinu almost deeded me, I had to run away and let my merc pick him off. Not sure whether I want Frozen Armor or Shiver Armor yet. I can't see the Dmg dealt from Shiver being significant, idk. With my lack of experience with Sorc. and to a greater extent Enchantress (Never made or played one, truthfully), i'm hesitant to put skill points anywhere just yet. Stealth is definitely on my to-obtain list, just need to manage my Stash a little better.. (Flooded with chipped gems..)

May need to tone down the difficulty soon, i'm getting too comfortable playing /p 8 and I have a feeling it'll be the cause of Valsheera's demise.

Maybe I shouldn't be updating with my progress so much in the thread.. it's going to end up being clutter.. :3 I just love talking about the game, and noone in the SP forums has let me in on the secret chatroom/Vent server... xD

Grim, you don't have to generate a new url each time - just edit the table and it will be saved and available through the old url.
We just need the OP to pin the url to the first post.
Also, it's weird anyone having trouble editing the doc, I set the access policies to "availible to anyone on the internet having the url" and "can be edited by anyone". I'll check teh issue later though it seems I did a double check on that.

@Thyiad I found the char. It's melody by Cattleya - http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/threads/matriarch-melody.514078/
It seems that it just stuck into my memory that the char was completed by an EU Mod :D

@naranjadita I like that chart, and as I managed to figure it out, I immediately attach it to the starting post. for details of the advances people can still look up the ongoings.

@BlizzBallerSorc To you too the starting advice: make a steel very fast sword (scimitar or such), and use that. The Open Wounds deal massive damage until your Enchant evolves.
And sorry, Blizzard never cared to tell more about XY's Stuff set/unique items in any way I'm aware of. And I highly doubt they were mentioned in any of the books or comics.

@bondcho I made them as a poll. I am not sure how they can effect the tournament. Well, I say for now they are allowed until people will vote against them. I hope something like Marrowalk Bug won't happen, because if I notice that, I'll make the restriction FORM THAT POINT. Until it is forbidden, you are allowed. But to avoid initial abuse of the starting wand and such, I'll rule them only after you have your first point in Enchant.
And simply WOW for your progress! Could you tell some details please? Skills, stats, eqipments? A screenshot maybe?

Oh, and potions are allowed to everyone too.

@xXxGrimmxXx No. "Mace" specifically mean Mace. Not Morning Star, not Flail. The "mace" as item-subclass belongs stricktly to Blood on Bludgeon subclass.
The switch - hm, as long as you don't use the stuff attacking, I am ok with it. BUT I think I was generous enough, so I make serious restrictions on this one. Check the first post!

@everyone to edit the chart you might have to go back to the .../spreadsheet/ url, and choose the document from there. That's how I could edit it.

----

me:
Ekhidna reached lvl 8 on Stony Field. She uses a scimitar with 56 AR currently (bought in shop).

Key items that i use to go that fast are: leaf(tir+ral) staff with +2 enchant shopped from act2 normal drognan, rhyme(shael+eth) bone shield, lore(ort+sol) war hat, stealth(tal+eth) breast plate, mf amulet, rings, boots, gloves and fastest weapon available on merc and me.When you reach act 2 go get 2 soc breast plate and make stealth(get the runes from countess) then buy bone shield of deflecting for block and block rate from drognan and try to shop that pre-buff staff with 2-3 enchant for leaf runeword. If the map doesn't suit for fast refreshing of drognan items make a LAN game and change the map so drognan is near the exit of town. So go to drognan check only staffs with white/gray name, go out of town and tp back or just walk in and repeat.It is very important to use teleport and place your merc out of the battle just near the last mob so they can't surround him. Use stealth on merc too for early game for fhr and run/walk. Don't sell amulets and rings just cube them when u are 24-25 level to get nice resist amu/ring for boss fights. Use that yellow potions when you into duriel's cave(give it to the merc too).

@ twilight That's fine. I was pretty sure that's what was meant by the Mace bit, just needed to clarify ^^

I do have Gull on switch, but it's strictly being used for looting corpses/chests. I've not used it to finish off creatures in hopes of better drops, nor will I do so during the duration of this tournament. If anyone doubts me, I will gladly mule it off or dispose of it.

Valsheera - Just killed Andy, still running /p 8. Probably going to drop down to /p 5 for A2... the whole voyage from The Barracks to Andy was pretty damn sketchy... very high risk, and almost no reward. Lol
deqiq1.png
zoe4gj.png

Nice both of you.

Btw, if anyone has serious trouble against lightning enchanted stuff or something, remember, although it takes long, you CAN make an Ancient's Pledge under most patches. I did this with my melee necro back then.
Just because someone mentioned trouble with Rakanishu.

@ bondcho Did you shop a 2os BP from Fara in Act 2, or did it just drop randomly? (I'm trying to figure out whether Fara actually spawns 2os BPs or if I am wasting my time...)
Only took about 50 Enters/Exits of the Sewers, but she spawned one :D

Anyone mind me PMing them with some Skill point allocation questions? :3 It's about that time...

Had to do things in reverse order, since inventory was slap full of gems xD

mhrgx4.png

20jh7vl.png

Steel
Mace
One Hand Damage: 6 - 15
Durability: 56 of 60
Required Level: 13
Required Strength: 27
Fingerprint: 0xbf92678f
Item Level: 20
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+25% Increased Attack Speed
20% Enhanced Damage
Adds 3 - 3 Damage
+50 to Attack Rating
+150% Damage to Undead
50% Chance of Open Wounds
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+1 to Light Radius2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Tir Rune

Stealth
Breast Plate
Defense: 66
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Level: 17
Required Strength: 30
Fingerprint: 0x64f79b2c
Item Level: 20
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+25% Faster Run/Walk
+25% Faster Cast Rate
+25% Faster Hit Recovery
+6 to Dexterity
Regenerate Mana 15%
+15 Maximum Stamina
Poison Resist +30%
Magic Damage Reduced by 3

Grim Clutches Heavy Gloves
Defense: 9
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Level: 9
Fingerprint: 0xe10955cb
Item Level: 19
Version: Expansion 1.10
+5% Chance to cast level 3 Frost Nova when struck
+36% Enhanced Defense
Poison Resist +6%
Half Freeze Duration
Poison Length Reduced by 25%

Gloves are my favorite so far. Steel+Stealth definitely makes things more enjoyable, still rocking /p 8! (Used GoMule to refer to current gear, haven't muled yet.. Sold Arctic Furs to Fara Q_Q)

1zb75s1.png

On that note, done for tonight @_@; exhausted.

Mmm, I like that gloves too!

Btw, to help decide which cold armor is better, here are the factors:

#1 Frozen Armor
Pro:
- least amount of skill point-investment required (125% at lvl 20)
- freezes regular units
Con:
- least % of defense
- only chill-effect on non-regulars (champions, bosses, actbosses)
- the freeze duration is almost negligeable duration on Hell, and you probably will have only lvl 10 skill for norm/nightmare too.
- retribution effect only works against melee hits

#2 Shiver Armor
Pro:
- only 1 extra point required as prerequesit (150% at lvl 20)
- highest defense bonus
- stable cold length of 4 second (= 1 on Hell)
- damages any melee attackers
Con:
- chill effect (slowing down) is not the same as freezing
- the damage it deals is not great, negligeable for Hell diff
- retribution effect only works against melee hits

#3 Chilling Armor
Pro:
- still substantial defense bonus (140% at lvl 20)
- retribution effect works on any unit
Con:
- 2 extra points as prerequesit
- chill duration is the same as regular chills
- the damage is negligeable on Hell
- the damage only works if the target is not moving
- reported that it can cause crashes against fps attacks (especially against Diablo) by overloading the graphic buffer

Well, it's a new day!

Probably should've been my first Screenie:

6z0huo.png

Just so it's known I am on HC xD

Got through Claw Viper Temple with relative ease.

I'm just going to continue rocking /p 8 until it deeds me or I hit NM/Hell.

ajnubb.png

Stormguild Large Shield dropped in Viper Temple,
accidentally screenied over it with the Death of Fangskin. I teleported to the Altar,
and didn't plan on killing him (Lightning Enchantment from Hell.. >.<) but once I got back
to town and IDed the shield I took it as a sign to smack his face. If I hadn't, it would have left
a void inside me.. (lack of completion). Didn't drop anything worthwhile though :/

I will NEVER play /p 8 HC versus The Summoner, EVER AGAIN! I forgot how piercingly cold those blasts were... I was trying to work through the Goats, and just 1 of those blasts was enough to eat 3/4s of my life... 14 Cold Resist probably made matters worse.. xD

I did prevail though...

34yel1d.png

Here I come Duriel! >:]

(If my constant updates/posts are annoying anyone, please don't hesitate to bring it to my attention, I will stop... :3)

-EDIT-
Noone's expressed their annoyance yet.. so...

35i6oac.png

I almost decided to use that over the Stealth BP, just because Maces are super slow (for me).. and the IAS would be lovely...

I stuck to /p 8, but before tackling Duriel I applied some knowledge bestowed upon me long ago... normally I would've just gone in blindly and ate crap, but not this time! This time I made sure both myself and Razan sucked down an Antidote and Thawing Potion!

25666gl.png

Razan did most of the work, I just kept Duriel chilled and kept pinging him with Static Field.
Ring was junk. ;_;

A3 here I come :O!

Ugh... this tournament is starting to take its toll on my heart.. Lol.
2tg9i.png

I've pretty much let Razan do the killing in A3... i'm just too fragile to go all willy-nilly on /p 8..

29et5bs.png

I don't know what was more frightening, the fact that at /p 8 with 20 Fire Resist meant certain death if I took a Flayer Flamethrower to the face (that FRACTION of a second after its cast, more than half my life poofed.. literally as soon as the flames licked my heels..) or the fact that there was no real way to NOT walk into a 40-50 group horde of little shit monsters...
2m76rrm.png

I've never been more happy to make it to the LK WP... I planned on getting Khalim's Heart, but right now I need to help my own recover xD

Habacalva would be disappointed... I pretty much went pansy-mode in A3 :'(

Quoting:
Habacalva would be disappointed... I pretty much went pansy-mode in A3 :'(​

Just level up a bit, go back and murder everything. For WAAAGH!

Edit: I placed my save folder in my Dropbox folder and made according changes in the registry, yay! Now I can play both on my laptop and desktop without all that excessive copying files and boring stuff like that.

Well, first off... i'll start by saying I don't plan on flooding this thread with screenies past normal. I have been putting them all in a file for later (for those interested in Valsheera's journey, or verification she made it x far.)

I also know that most (if not, all) of this isn't really impressive to the majority of you, but the furthest character progression i've had in HC is a now deceased Lvl 67ish Trapsin who died several years ago. That, plus the fact I have been on /p 8 since the beginning, it astounds ME. I don't know whether I am actually playing smart, insanely lucky, or a combination of both. Blah blah.. rambling on..

2lcv7nn.png
25piqmc.png
2unuk94.png
29atjma.png
3133bzk.png
280hyjc.png

Fin.

Hah, thanks! I'm going to safely assume you meant HC*. It's hard to cope with HC deaths, especially with more developed characters. The only way to really get a grasp on HC playing/survivability is to play it! You could probably try and take a much more reserved approach to SP, and see how far you make it until you actually do die.

That being said, if HC is something you've been wanting to delve into, then do eeet! Do eet nao! xD

Tournament Status:

Desperately need to upgrade gear... unfortunately Norm Diablo is the next breakpoint in being able to do so.. I'm hoping between now and Big D I can get my Fire resist boosted substantially, otherwise I won't be making it past Big D.. I doubt I can rely on Razan to tank for me this time x]

xXxGrimmxXx said:
Hah, thanks! I'm going to safely assume you meant HC*. It's hard to cope with HC deaths, especially with more developed characters. The only way to really get a grasp on HC playing/survivability is to play it! You could probably try and take a much more reserved approach to SP, and see how far you make it until you actually do die.

Hah, yes--I meant HC! I'm going to try to make my next Mat a no-death SC character and then maybe switch over. We'll see how it goes.

EDIT: And LOL at that Meph screenshot.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High