[2014] Heritage of Habacalva Tournament [by twilight]

you won't need block. You'll need resist and life. Static down its HP, and run/teleport away at the first sign of trouble.
Btw, I very much doubt Lightning Hose can be blocked. I think that's a spell, so only resist/dr works agains it.

Another tip: have the merc alive and hope the AI don't glitch out, so D will always attack the merc while you hit him from behind. Better spend a fortune of gold here than die I always say.

Well... I partly feel accomplished, and yet unsatisfied..

2j61xsj.png
97ld1i.png

Once I reached the entrance to the Chaos Sanctuary, I was met by 20ish Oblivion Knights along with a Champion pack of Oblivion Mages... that was a kiting experience from Hell. (No pun intended >_>)

Even with acquiring enough runes to cube up to an Ancient's Pledge, I still felt I was under-geared, but I couldn't do much about that. Jamella was kind enough to let me gamble a 5% CTC Amp Damage Poleaxe for Razan, but that didn't prove to be particularly helpful since he now lacked LL..

6hi5xg.png
2rz6glu.png

Those have to be the worst /p 8 Quest drops from Normal D ever... I am NOT amused -.-

Going to continue snapping pics of my adventure, but I won't make another post like this until I deed or hit Ancients/Baal.

Nice work Grim!I might have to do the untwinked hardcore thing in the future.
The twinked characters I wanted to build started having me do endless MF runs, rune runs, gem runs, and left almost no time for questing, which I really enjoy. If I committed to playing untwinked, that would help me lose the building up wealth obsession for future characters, which I don't have time for with school and work. :(

I know it would feel like a huge accomplishment to make a Guardian.

Lower kurast super chest running and it's not even from superchest..
That's from superchest :rolleyes:
Items that i'll mule for my other characters
Diablo was easy as hell but clearing the level was damn slow. The hardest part is still forthcoming, ancients.

Since rekindling my D2 Flame (on my new Desktop, after a 3 year hiatus) I have yet to get my first character into Hell.

I blame this tournament... Lol. The BComb Lifer and Gheeds is pretty sweet. Too bad neither one makes life easier for your sorc xD

It's an ill-fated yet slightly helpful attempt at compensating for FPS drop because of my shitty 2.2GHz Processor and my (for lack of a better word) retarded integrated Nvidia Graphics Card.

I would prefer to play D2 on 800x600, it's just not as consistent and smooth for me right now. Drops down to 18-19 FPS and that causes frame skips. Quite dumb..

Still can't edit the googledocs, so my update is here.

I'm at the Outer Cloister (in normal). She's trundling along OK and while I'm anxious to get to Act 2 to change merc, I really don't want to get killed in the Barracks/Jail/Catacombs.

Gear is terrible, I need to up my MFing a bit but I'm not getting many chipped topazes.

EDIT:
Ok, she's at the start of Act 2. I did take her into the Rocky Wastes, but decided I was too tired to go on. Yes I know I should be going to Raddy, but I prefer open spaces. :p

Cheers xXxGrimmxXx. No idea why I can't edit it. She's level 18. Still lurking at the Start of Act 2. I got distracted by something and she didn't move.

Andy did require exhaust my entire stock of rejuvs. Yes, I forcefed myself and the moron half a dozen poison resist pots.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High