[2012] Diablo Character Vanity Challenge [by Liquid_Evil]

cheerupemokid10 said:
@omg: you must think you're so special huh... too bad you're not the only one in NM already! Man, twinking this toon has been a breeze. Can't wait to get up to that one level to equip my final gear and really kick some tail. Bring it on

omgwtfbbqpwned said:
tumblr_lho5ae3_Fu31qe94fqo1_400.gif

Krupa said:
so i´m stuck now in the middle of nowhere in nightmare. as i don´t want to play on further currently without THE armor, i´ll shamelessly promote a trade thread

back to the sept for now

Paradigmshift said:
Ok, nubs, finished Normal this evening. I didn't even die at Rakinishu, imagine that! Anyways, things are moving right along well so far, though a little juggling in how the skills are being progressed might be in order. Off to bed now, got work in the morning, something half of you kids don't even know anything about!!

NacRuno said:
I feel like I am getting behind, created by char and started my journey but still just about to enter Catacombs. I decided on my main skill but will figure out how to proceed with other skills along the way.

Decided on not going untwinked after all since I found out that I wasn't that broke after all =).

Ralguleld said:
I'm still in normal difficulty too, currently in Act III, but I hope it would be better - after obtaining more stylish items monsters will die on sight - maybe better to say roll on the floor laughing, but my char counts it as a "victory" and will pass by heading to new adventures. That helps a lot with running time...

coju said:
I have finally figured it out, and it's what I originally wanted to do anyways. All I can say about it is
I have orange juice on my hands, not the drink, but actual orange juice. Besides that, it's not my 2nd or 3rd choice I am going with, but my 1st. I didn't try my first, as I didn't think it would work. After deciding on it, the story came to my head and it was glorious.

cheerupemokid10 said:
Diablo just fell in NM. I've equipped my weapon of choice and am really in shock. I've never used it before and it's much cooler than anticipated. Still working out some kinks with the skills department. Really hurting in resists, but I suppose I could take out a few of those +max GC's and make room for more resist charms, I almost undoubtedly will have to do something like that in Hell. The killing is going slower on /p8 now, I'm probably going to take things down just a hair once I get into Hell. Just for finishing sake.

I hope omg and the others are still hanging in there for the foxy/animalistic group. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've heard any trash talking from Drixx or Humbugger yet. Either way, I've been creating the write-up in my head all along and can't wait to actually type it up. I don't think I can bare to keep it secret much longer and I hope everyone gets a real kick out of it.

This is one of the fastest characters I've made. It ran circles around the progress that my rabies druid had been doing, and that was a pretty steady pace for me even there. But I guess I did want to finish this character up as soon as I could since it will be busy, busy, busy with work starting again on Monday and my wife is starting college that day too. All new classes that I still haven't even prepped for. Hope my students aren't as apathetic as the last bunch...

cheerupemokid10 said:
Nightmare is complete. I'm working through A1 Hell and switched down to /p1 because things have gotten considerably tougher, especially with immunes. It's so unfortunate that things have to slow down considering how fast they've been going...

I've stayed at /p1 for now and am making it through A2 now. But I'm getting too drunk to pay enough attention to D2 and the game on tv. Stupid coordination. Why must drinking slow down my functionality!?!? Anywho, I just died in the viper temple and really didn't feel like going back for my body. So... I'm taking a break from this character for probably the rest of the night. If only I had other gear to bump up life/res and everything else. If I'm going to stick with the theme, the gear will make hell all that much slower and I'm definitely not feeling cautious right now. The gear all fits the theme though, so what can I do...:p

GL to all and hopefully omg isn't kicking my tail with this short hiatus.

Ralguleld said:
coju said:
You'll be fine I'm sure dry. I'm not having any fun with this character for some reason. Feels like 'work.' It's a-shame. So much potential.

Sad to hear that, I am in the middle of nightmare and I have to admit that I started to like my circus/carneval build quite a lot. The item restriction I have to follow combined with my own set of lesser rules and equipment choices lead to really interesting character - at least in my eyes :)

Normal was quite boring, but from level 35+ it gets better and better. The only fact that troubles me is the time - it's not a powerbuild, I am questing at p1 and even that at moderate speed - right now I spent quite a lot of time in Arcane sanctuary (yep, all four directions cleared as usual...). My time during week is very limited, hopefully I will be able to get to hell difficulty (and equip the most important item).

coju said:
It may be the 'power' of the build. I'm going to let it stew for a couple of days. I keep thinking of new ways to make my story more unique. The direction I'm currently going I'm not liking too well. I've made it to the CS in normal / lvl 28 atm. I'm thinking about finishing norm with my current build then switching to the other one I'm thinking of trying.

In order to do this, I'm having to make the story, ya'know? I may write the story up and use some of the screenies I have during this down time. We have until the 20th, correct?

kestegs said:
I've made it to the start of hell. not sure what to do with my final gear. I need to figure out a bit of my story. Build did pretty well at p3 NM, but I doubt I'll be going over p1 in hell.

Grisu said:
I'm in the middle of Act III NM. Soon my gear will be complete :evil: I already have a story in my head, but will need some time to write it down and spice it up with some screenies...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High