[2012] Diablo Character Vanity Challenge [by Liquid_Evil]

Ralguleld said:
Although I have one more day, I won't have any time to play tomorrow so no patriarch from me. I'm close though, before Ancients. But the build is complete from level 70 so I think it's ok to post it even now. Here we go.

Champion PurplePupeteer
Umm... the build name goes here.

Anyone knows short description of throw necro with magi support, teamed by Rogue mercenary and durable golem, surrounded by more revived meatshields and using attract, confuse, decrepify and lower resist?

Theme: Circus/Carneval
Skills: Physical/Summon

Intro:
You are going to read about necromancer who is using throw attack and has over 16000 AR without any own skill-based bonus. Who has max block with Blackoak shield. Who never used CE. Get a towel on your chair, say your mum not to disturb you and start reading.

Character planning:
I picked up necromancer. Like I said, it’s a necro withou CE, so you could continue cheeseless reading - this character does not rely on „please please I need to kill one monster using cracked dagger and CE throw hell thereafter“ scheme.

I haven’t played this class much during the years and it enabled me to fulfill the theme that way I decided to go. I wanted to have a couple of puppets around me to make some kind of performance. I wanted to see my opponents dancing around. I needed colours, joy and fun.

Dancing: Attract and Confuse made the job. Whole screens were dancing, monsters were flying high in the sky, with green/purple balls all around. Never realized that one part of the party people hurt them. Not before they actually die.

Colours: Every performance should look good. My char was wearing shiny purple armor and round shield (round shields are trendy in 2012, if you want to be in, you must not use those ugly metal square monsters or oldschool kite-type unattractive pieces) together with cute small axe. Magis were around, spreading their love among dancers in forms of red, white and green. The handsome leather-clothed girl running around with a bow (my only really-alive friend) was delicately surrounded by orange glare and golems looked as good as Mr. T back in 80's.

Joy, Fun: Every monster was satisfied. Many of them were so happy, that after death they left me money or some shiny gems/jewel, even clothes or weapons - it’s polite to pay for the show, isn’t it? Many of them were returned back to dance a while longer - their happiness was overwhelming, turning them grey. Like I said - succesful performance.

Finally, I needed some skill to show off my exceptionality and if it was a circus, what is quite well known performance? Axe throwing, ladies and gentlemen! My necro is good at it, his skill is famous - only alteration comes with the aiming. In a circus, axe throwers usually show how they can miss their living target - it is a nonsense, isn’t it? Real mastery in throwing is hitting them. The fact they bleed/die is their fault - they should not have bought the tickets, after all.

Stats:

Level 76, last waypoint Halls of pain.

Strenght: 107 (to be able to equip Hel’d Demon Limb)
Dexterity: 321
Vitality: 100
Energy: as always

I went with only 100 points in vitality - bowazons can live with it, me too - I have max block and several puppets to withdraw other dancers’ kisses anyway.

LCS
Life: 721
AR: 16716 (with enchant from Demon Limb and fanaticism aura from merc bow)
Def: 961
Chance to block: 75%
Resistances: 32/-31/73/-33

Fire and Lightning are high enough to keep me alive with careful play, -31% resist cold is covered by absorb (20% from ravenfrost and almost 50 points straight absorb from the shield), poison can be solved by potions if necessary.

IAS: 50% (12 frames throw breakpoint)
FHR: 44% (7 frames)

Damage with Gimmershred
Physical: 286 to 1218 (average 752)
Fire: 218-483
Lightning: 29-501
Cold: 176-397

Skills:

Summoning tree:

Skeleton mastery: 20
Raise skeleton mage: 20
Revive: 5
Golem mastery: 20
Iron golem: 1
Summon resist: 3
Blood golem: rest

Poison/Bone tree:
None.

Curses:
One point in every curse.

Equipment summary:

Crafted basinet / rare jewel (personalized)
Rattlecage / rare jewel (personalized)
Gimmershred
Blackoak shield /argent jewel of fire (personalized)
Rare gloves, belt and boots
Angelic amulet and ring
Ravenfrost

Charms: AR, resistances, life.

Switch:
Arm of King Leoric/Homunculus. CtA is for PvP and nubs 😉

Stash:
Demon Limb, summoning prebuff for golem.

Equipment discussion and readouts:
It’s a hybrid character. I didn’t want to go max skeleton magi and elemental damage route - skills, skillers, high lower resist, Act III merc etc. I wanted to be a thrower supported by them. Being a thrower means one HUGE trouble on paper - you need AR. Solving AR issues was one of the strongest themes in my equipment planning.

Helm:
Sigon’s would be nice adding quite a lot of AR together with some other pieces, but it’s a circus - people don‘t pay to see Sigon’s helm again, again and again. I wanted something unique that will help my AR. This is why I decided to gamble blue basinets and craft a piece with visionary prefix. I don’t know the exact probability, but my 13th basinet was the desired one. Other mods are quite useless, but who cares. Lightning resist comes mostly from rare jewel.

PurplePuppeteer's Cruel Crest
Basinet
Defense: 102
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Strength: 82
Required Level: 40
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x2caf51cc
+4 to Energy
+21% Enhanced Defense
+38 to Attack Rating
+4 to Minimum Damage
+49 Defense vs. Missile
Lightning Resist +30%
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
5% Chance to cast Level 4 Frost Nova when struck
76% Bonus to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Angelic amulet and ring were chosen obviously for AR and to fulfil the two set pieces rule.

Armor:
Rattlecage - for stylish look, stylepoints, CB and „hit causes monster to flee“. You could say it’s unimportant - I have terror, but with Rattlecage, I could force one monster to run away, just the one I need, it’s „local terror combined with raw damage“. Very useful. The CB is extremely handy against bosses, otherwise it’s not crucial - usually my and my party’s damage output is high enough to overshadow the 1/8. Socketed with rare jewel.

PurplePuppeteer's Rattlecage
Gothic Plate
Defense: 333
Durability: 55 of 55
Required Strength: 70
Required Level: 29
Item Level: 44
Fingerprint: 0x1e630a70
+83 to Attack Rating
+6 to Maximum Damage
+200 Defense
Adds 1-35 lightning damage
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 40%
25% Chance of Crushing Blow

Weapon:
Before level 68 I was using Harmony bow (nice elemental damage, Valkyrie to bring more blonde beauty to the dancefloor, Vigor for speed and trendy orange balls beneath our feet) to maintain ranged theme. Then I switched to throwing axes - first Lacerator, then Gimmershred. Actually, after I started to use throw (lvl 68), the game started to be much better - from now on I was running around with full block and became even more self-sufficient - I only needed crowd control and puppets to draw attention of other dancers. In the end-game I settled with Gimmershred.

Shield:
When I was planning this character, I was aiming for HHG with three IAS jewels for maximizing throwing speed and balancing fire and poison resist paired with life per kill. But after switching bow for axe at level 68, I started to use my beloved shield from Diablo I. I have never used it in d2, but now was the right time as I realized. The shield of choice and end-game one too is....Blackoak shield! I... can’t... resist... this... shield....

PurplePuppeteer's Blackoak Shield
Luna
Defense: 331
Chance to Block: 40%
Durability: 129 of 129
Required Strength: 100
Required Level: 61
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0x258f7eb6
+167% Enhanced Defense
+98 to Attack Rating
Adds 9-12 fire damage
+45 Maximum Durability
50% Faster Block Rate
Half Freeze Duration
4% Chance to cast Level 5 Weaken when struck
+95 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+38 to Dexterity (Based on Character Level)
+47 to Cold Absorb (Based on Character Level)

Gloves, belt and boots should have covered some resists, IAS, stats, FHR and FRW. I could have chosen many other alternatives including exceptional uniques or sets, but I decided to bring some fresh wind to my stashes and avoid typical LoH/Razortail/War Traveller combo.

Gloves:

Imp Hand
Light Gauntlets
Defense: 21
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Strength: 45
Required Level: 35
Item Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x2d85886f
+77% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +15%
Cold Resist +16%
3% Life stolen per hit
20% Increased Attack Speed
Poison Length Reduced by 25%

Belt:

Demon Buckle
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 33
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x9da8e655
+20 to Strength
Fire Resist +6%
Lightning Resist +26%
Poison Resist +6%
24% Faster Hit Recovery
Repairs 1 durability in 33 seconds

Boots:

Imp Stalker
Scarabshell Boots
Defense: 61
Required Strength: 91
Required Level: 49
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x191aff67
Fire Resist +27%
Lightning Resist +22%
Poison Resist +8%
30% Faster Run/Walk

Mercenary:

Fiona Cold Rogue - used as a physical damage dealer and source of fanaticism.

Faith bow - I needed fanaticism for better attack speed and AR bonus, physical damage boost is nice, but not neccesary for the necro himself. Due to this bow, my merc helps with reviving too.
Fortitude archon plate - doesn’t need explanation.
Blackhorn’s face - not so common choice, I didn’t want to use standard delirium - I was confusing opponents alone, I wanted better survavibility against gloams and 20% slow.

Playstyle:
I tried to have balanced damage output - Gimmeshred give good mix of physical damage and various elemental, skeleton magis support my necro with more elemental damage, bowazon on my side is strong physical damage dealer. I lol’d when I saw the “immune to blah blah blah” below the monsters’ names, in fact I even didn’t care what is written there.

I was using either clay golem, in the end-game I switched to iron golem - made first from some random rares, lately from Ancients Pledge shields to overstack resist (causing my golem being immortal in elemental hell like this or from Hwanin’s Refuge to offer static field (very helpful indeed!). Iron golem has ~8000 life, clay ~14000 life. When nasty pack killed iron one, clay golem could usually withstand it.

Curses management - I was using confuse or lower resist according to current mood. In more dangerous situations, or when I was running in front of my puppets, attract was choice #1. Worst packs were solved with decrepify.

Leveling was not so easy, even it was twinked, I wanted to be ranged character all the time, until level 39 I was using bow socketed with six perfect gems, levels 39-68 were in the name of Harmony bow. I didn’t enjoyed normal difficulty much, nightmare was much better.

Hell difficulty was quite hard, played all at p1 and I encountered many hard fights. Hell Andariel was easy, as well as Duriel. Actually Duriel was very funny, I visited him with couple of Blunderbore revives – when Duriel saw us, he said „Nice, more big guys like me, let’s dance macarena together“ – and it was a crushing dance indeed.

Diablo was a different story. When he poops out from his sealed shack I started to dance around as usual, showing some stylish tricks. Perhaps Mr. D wasn’t in good mood, he only snarled „Who to hell are you, Kelly Family or what?“ and killed all my puppets including my cute Fiona. I tried to stay cool and although my pants were falling slowly (down), I tried Kiss_my_axe wisecrack and finished him

Common mobs mixed with bosses were usually being solved on the whole screen. In corridors it was sometimes uneasy to break through, as well as on bridges (actually one Battle of Middlebridge was really long, the monsters tried „You shall not pass“ strategy but I passed anyway.

I haven’t found some interesting stuff, exceptions were nice unique superchest and unique shadow plate. Act bosses drops were meh as usual.

Final notes aka tl;dr:
Get some meatshields, enough AR and make a throw necro or druid. Throwing is surprisingly effective, funny and cheeseless.

Drystan said:
Grisu said:
I demand that posts like these in the Halloween/Horror group lead to dishonourable discharge! Shame on you, Drystan!

btw - completed my build. Almost hit level 99. Well, almost.
Ponies can be creepy/horror. I swear!

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-id-be-scared-too.gif

tumblr_liezg4X3KJ1qaha6c.jpg

I'll have to write mine up tonight. We'll see how he goes. But first, doctors appointment.

nualum said:
I (somewhat) proudly present my Patriarch:

Theme and Concept
My allotted theme was Planetary/Lunar, with a focus on Physical and/or Fire damage. My immediate thought was that Lunar = Werewolf, perfect for physical damage, potentially with fire backup. In fact that was my only thought, since it seemed so perfectly suited. All that remained was to find a name, finish the build spec, pick out some gear, and decide on a general purpose and play style.

My mind (aided by wikipedia) wandered through several paths, but the stream of consciousness that ultimately hit all the notes started with Mars. First, he's the god of war (good match for a physical damage meleer), but more importantly he's frequently associated with wolves (and the planet, but you knew that). In fact, in one of the more famous myths about Rome itself, Mars fathered a pair of twins who were cast out by their uncle and raised by a she-wolf: Romulus and Remus. They are still linked with their lupine heritage, but only one of them went on to give his name to the city they founded (because he killed his brother, but still). From Romulus and the founding of Rome, a particular proverb always comes to mind: "Rome was not built in one day". That got me thinking about whether I could make a patriarch in one day. As the longest stretch i've done in a 24 hour period was under 6 hours during an MFO (and I have nowhere near that kind of time opportunity this month), unless we're talking about a fast-teleporting sorc, the answer is no. But it was enough to get me thinking about speed. How fast could I pat a non-teleporting, physical damage, melee character?

That question became the guiding purpose for the build...
romuluscropped.jpg

Implementation
There were several priorities to consider in planning out equipment:
1. Challenge requirements
2. Token thematic element(s)
3. Speed (movement & killing)
4. Survivability
5. Extra thematic elements

The surprisingly useful Sigon's Visor satisfied all the challenge requirements, after pairing it with another set item for the very handy AR/level and socketing it with a rare jewel. It may not have been as effective as a Jalal's Mane would have been, but it looked much bette, and is about as close as D2 gets to a proper Martian helmet. Sigon's Sabot rounded out the partial set, as it was the only other useful piece of the set. In hindsight it might have been a better trade-off to use the belt or gloves and then boots with higher FRW, but I don't think it would have made much difference in the end.

For his primary theme equipment, several useful planetary/lunar named choices were rejected for various reasons: Crescent Moon amulet (don't have one), beta Crescent Moon phase blade (don't have one), 1.13 Crescent Moon (gives up too much damage or takes up the switch slot without solving any primary need). Some not so useful options were more or less disregarded: upgraded Moonfall (still weak) and Bloodmoon (likewise). One that got quite a bit of consideration was Earthshifter, but it didn't seem like a build well suited to my overall theme and goals. The one I kept coming back to was the Blackoak Luna, which happens to be one of the best shields for a rather-not-block werewolf (no increased blocking, tons of faster blocking, good extra bonuses). The dilemma that created was finding a decent one handed weapon option. I have a strong affinity for ribcracker when it comes to fury, but I couldn't find even a vague excuse that could tie it back to the theme, so I had to look elsewhere.

Between the build and the luna, earth's moon was pretty well represented, but what about other celestial bodies? There's Fenrir for instance, an obvious wolf reference and a moon of Saturn. There are lots of interesting moons of Jupiter and Saturn, particularly Ganymede, Rhea, Io, Europa, and Fenrir. I think you can see where I'm going with this. Thinly veiled excuse to use an over-powered runeword to further my speed running goals, or thematic brilliance? That's a rhetorical question by the way. Unfortunately it took me about half an hour to put it together... it required every rune in my posession between Lem and Lo. The final count was 9 Fals, 9 Lems, 8 Puls, 8 Ums, 2 Mals, 2 Guls, and 2 Vexes. Cubing up all that made Lo + Mal.

With four slots dedicated to requirements and/or thematic elements, the rest went to pure utility. Ravenfrost, 1.07 LoH, Communal amulet of the Bat (+3 SS, 4% ML), Duress archon, a rare ring (+11 @all, 75 AR, 5% AR, bit of poison dmg), and a string of Mars (I didn't read that one closely, it might have said Ears, but what sense would that make?).

Two important decisions remained, the mercenary and dealing with PIs. A reaper wielding desert merc would of course be a logical choice, but it's so overdone and I was lured by the prospect of speeding around with a maxed out feral rage and vigor, so it had to be a Harmony Rogue (I declined delirium as too game-breaking, but it would have helped greatly). For PIs, my initial plan was a weak fireclaw backup, but with so few +skills, it was going to be painfully slow, so my general solution was to run away. For the very rare instances that wasn't an option, Romulus carried around a Lawbringer on switch. That worked out quite well, even sometimes without swinging it, since the knockback cleared running lanes very effectively whenever PI undead clogged a narrow pathway (particularly ghosts in the arcane sanctuary).

Journal
I didn't count stash-organization time against his total, or it would have been really ugly. I spent quite a while digging around to maximize his strength charms to get started with as many requirements as possible covered. Here he is getting ready to start the timer.

Started out with envy jewels (including at least one rare), level three added a partial set from Hsarus' boots and belt, level 6 brought death's gloves/belt and Sigon's helm/boots (helm socketed with a junk rare jewel that got unsocketed when he was higher level). That was about it through 15, when ravenclaw and stealth (shortly thereafter) took over and held up through level 29 (just before Diablo) when he switched into proper werewolf mode with steeldriver.

Level 29 to 34 was probably the slowest, most painful portion of his journey. Steeldriver does enough damage, but fury starts out with only one swing, and he didn't have any +skills at the time (bad oversight by me). By level 34 though, when fury hit level 5 and it became an upgraded steeldriver, things changed drastically. When harmony came out a couple levels later they were quite literally off to the races, after a brief delay to pack on a few levels before setting off to NM.

Act one was largely skipped... wide open areas were quite fun to buzz across while divebombing an unsuspecting pack from time to time. Unfortunately, by the end of the act the glaring flaw in my concept was starting to show. No matter how hard you hit, and how high you pack your AR, level is sometimes too large a factor in the hit-and-be-hit formulas to overcome. A proper speed runner can kill while they keep moving, and can kill things almost regardless of their level... Romulus could do neither, which made it an intruiging challenge to me. He had to move fast enough to keep going at a steady clip, but he also had to kill enough to keep his level up, so when he inevitably got swarmed (which was natural for somebody running headlong into a pack of enemies at about 100 mph) he could get a few hits in without too many interruptions. Aliza wasn't quite as fortunate, she died A LOT.

Random act two notes: I don't care what build you are playing, the maggot lair sucks. When you're in a hurry, it REALLY sucks (my time logs aren't perfect, but it looks like it cost me almost 15 minutes in each difficulty). On the other end of the spectrum, I picked the right path to the summoner on all three difficulties.

Level 56 and 61 were the last major transition points, upped ribcracker briefly until his lunar themed weapon & shield were available (and duress came on somwhere in that timeframe). Act 5 in NM saw his only two deaths, one to frozenstein and crew. Fast, stunning packs are about the only real danger to this build (frozenstein, lister, sometimes stormtree)... you just can't get a hit in if they get you surrounded. Save and exit probably would have been prudent and certainly would have saved time (certainly had plenty of opportunity to do it, while slowly burning through the potions), but I decided I deserved the time penalty for getting myself surrounded. The second death was just into the WSK. Was a bit low on life as I ran into a wide room, got cursed just as I was getting surrounded, and was dead as soon as I heard the first snarl from hit damage.

By contrast Hell at /p1 was amazingly uneventful. Run, run, run, smack something to keep feral rage going, run, run, repeat. When fury hit, his life was full and enemies were dead. When it missed the opposite nearly happened. Many purple potions were consumed, and somewhat over a million gold was spent on resurrections. The ancients rolled easy (no curse and only one stoneskin that took a while to whittle down) and only required one or two potions. Baal was decrepified with lawbringer and pretty much harmless. His drop was about what you would expect for 5 MF.

Through the whole journey, Romulus only picked up about 6 items (excluding potions/scrolls). A lum rune, two grand charms in acts 3-5 of NM (both of which turned out to be useful plan skillers - natural and entrapping), a demon limb (didn't consider using one but should have, wouldn't have been too much more strength invested), a rather ironic Jalal's Mane from NM diablo, and an arm of king leoric somewhere in hell. He hasn't claimed his hellforges yet, so TBD there.

Build & Equipment Details
Character name : Romulus
Character type : Druid
Character level : 77
Character exp : 554483894

Str: 98/103
Dex: 89/145
Vit: 258/258
Eng: 20/20

Life: 2062 shifted
Mana: 242
AR : 12915 fury, 13655 feral
Block: 33
Damage: who knows?

Fire : 13
Cold : 75
Light: 30
Poi : 13
(didn't rescue Anya in hell)

Readouts:
Main Gear
Code:
Romulus' Sigon's Visor
Great Helm
Defense: 60
Durability: 38 of 40
Required Strength: 54
Required Level: 12
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x66da706f
+2 to Dexterity
+30 to Mana
+8 to Maximum Damage
+25 Defense
All Resistances +7
Requirements -15%

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+616 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

Grim Eye
Jewel
Item Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0x4311efb7
+2 to Dexterity
+8 to Maximum Damage
All Resistances +7
Requirements -15%

Romulus' Blackoak Shield
Luna
Defense: 354
Chance to Block:  40%
Durability: 129 of 129
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x3f8202c2
+186% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +19
+45 Maximum Durability
50% Faster Block Rate
Half Freeze Duration
+96 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+48 to Cold Absorb (Based on Character Level)

Perfect Diamond
Inserted into a Luna

All Resistances +19

Required Level: 18

Grief
Phase Blade
'EthTirLoMalRal'
One-Hand Damage: 31 to 35
Required Dexterity: 136
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 59
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0xc591ef14
Adds 5-30 fire damage
+14 Life after each Kill
37% Increased Attack Speed
Adds +389 Damage
Ignore Target Defense
-25% Target Defense
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
20% Deadly Strike
35% Chance to cast Level 15 Venom on striking
144% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
-20% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Socketed (5: 5 used)

Duress
Archon Plate
'ShaelUmThul'
Defense: 1226
Durability: 31 of 60
Required Strength: 103
Required Level: 63
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x1036d65a
+162% Enhanced Defense
+20% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Cold Resist +45%
Poison Resist +15%
Adds 37-133 cold damage over 2 seconds
40% Faster Hit Recovery
33% Chance of Open Wounds
15% Chance of Crushing Blow
-20% Slower Stamina Drain
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Sigon's Sabot
Greaves
Defense: 14
Durability: 15 of 24
Required Strength: 70
Required Level: 6
Item Level: 24
Fingerprint: 0xa71157e4
Cold Resist +40%
20% Faster Run/Walk

+50 to Attack Rating
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Skull Finger
Ring
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x5fe08b16
+72 to Attack Rating
All Resistances +11
+50 poison damage over 3 seconds
+5 to Light Radius
5% Bonus to Attack Rating

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x2f0132c4
+16 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
+199 to Attack Rating
Adds 15-45 cold damage over 4 seconds
20% Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen

Communal Amulet of the Bat
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x77098a37
4% Mana stolen per hit
+3 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 84
Durability: 6 of 12
Required Strength: 50
Item Version: Expansion
Fingerprint: 0x380b45f3
+25 Defense
20% Increased Attack Speed
350% Damage to Demons
50% Fire Absorb
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Holy Bolt on striking

String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 109
Durability: 14 of 22
Fingerprint: 0xa4432dc6
+170% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 10
Damage Reduced by 15%
8% Life stolen per hit
+10 Maximum Durability

Lawbringer
Phase Blade
'AmnLemKo'
One-Hand Damage: 31 to 35
Required Dexterity: 136
Required Level: 54
Sword Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0xebed03a2
+10 to Dexterity
+226 Defense vs. Missile
Adds 150-210 fire damage
Adds 130-180 cold damage over 7 seconds
7% Life stolen per hit
75% Extra Gold from Monsters
Slain Monsters Rest In Peace
-50% Target Defense
Level 17 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped
20% Chance to cast Level 15 Decrepify on striking
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Blackoak Shield
Luna
Defense: 323
Chance to Block:  40%
Durability: 128 of 129
Fingerprint: 0x3156c89f
+161% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +19
+45 Maximum Durability
50% Faster Block Rate
Half Freeze Duration
+96 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+48 to Cold Absorb (Based on Character Level)

Ribcracker
Stalagmite
'Shael'
Two-Hand Damage: 330 to 493
Durability: 104 of 130
Required Dexterity: 35
Required Strength: 63
Required Level: 56
Staff Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x3453f8d1
+15 to Dexterity
+100% Enhanced Defense
+300% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Minimum Damage
+65 to Maximum Damage
+100 Defense
+100 Maximum Durability
Required Level +7
70% Increased Attack Speed
50% Faster Hit Recovery
150% Damage to Undead
50% Chance of Crushing Blow
Charms
Code:
Spiritual Grand Charm
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x557d68ae
+1 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)

Spiritual Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x45a908f7
+1 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)

Shimmering Large Charm of Strength
Required Level: 26
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0x5a319bad
+3 to Strength
All Resistances +8

Shimmering Large Charm of Life
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0xd8588ce1
+14 to Life
All Resistances +8

Shimmering Large Charm of Shock
Fingerprint: 0xc039058b
All Resistances +6
Adds 1-4 lightning damage

Shimmering Grand Charm
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x766d7d65
All Resistances +14

Shimmering Large Charm
Item Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0x3b24e30a
All Resistances +5

Ocher Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x43a7f21a
+16 to Life
Lightning Resist +7%

Fine Small Charm of Fortune
Required Level: 21
Item Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0x39417efa
+20 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Fine Small Charm
Item Version: Expansion
Fingerprint: 0x2a437497
+20 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage

Sharp Grand Charm of Life
Fingerprint: 0xcbb98b14
+17 to Life
+67 to Attack Rating
+10 to Maximum Damage

Amber Small Charm of Strength
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x80f0243c
+2 to Strength
Lightning Resist +10%

Sharp Large Charm of Frost
Item Level: 47
Fingerprint: 0x28c2211c
+23 to Attack Rating
+6 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-3 cold damage over 1 seconds
Merc
Code:
1: Peasant Crown
War Hat
Defense: 108
Durability: 11 of 12
Required Level: 28
Fingerprint: 0xa46a8b1d
+20 to Energy
+20 to Vitality
+100% Enhanced Defense
Replenish Life +6
15% Faster Run/Walk
+1 to All Skill Levels

2: Stealth
Studded Leather
'TalEth'
Defense: 34
Durability: 32 of 32
Required Strength: 27
Required Level: 17
Item Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0x5b9d3768
+6 to Dexterity
+15 to Maximum Stamina
Regenerate Mana 15%
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Poison Resist +30%
25% Faster Run/Walk
25% Faster Hit Recovery
25% Faster Cast Rate
Socketed (2: 2 used)

3: Harmony
Superior Long Bow
'TirIthSolKo'
Two-Hand Damage: 19 to 45
Required Dexterity: 19
Required Strength: 22
Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 38
Fingerprint: 0x5142486c
+10 to Dexterity
+14% Enhanced Damage
+249% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
Regenerate Mana 20%
Adds 55-160 fire damage
Adds 55-160 lightning damage
Adds 55-160 cold damage over 4 seconds
+2 to Light Radius
+3 to Valkyrie
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Level 10 Vigor Aura When Equipped
Level 20 Revive (25/25 Charges)
Socketed (4: 4 used)

Results and Analysis
So how did he do? To be honest I don't know if this is good or bad: 8 hours, 33 minutes. I'm satsified with that time given the constraints, but it certainly could have been better. If you consider an underleveled melee character running into packs at breakneck speed, and I told you he struggled a bit to hit consistantly, got hit too much, drank too many potions, and got his merc endlessly slaughtered... your response would probably be something approximating "duh". Never the less, I'm very happy with how the theme and concept came together, even if the execution was a little sloppy. It was quite different from my normal play style, and that's always a good thing. It got me thinking about a few experiments I might do to improve on the concept...

Without any restrictions or stylepoints, I probably would keep harmony on switch and use that to maintain feral while running around, then swap to ribcracker for killing as needed (he was SLOOOOW when feral rage wore off in town). The standard and boring holy freeze or might merc with reaper, more FRW on his boots, a 1.07 m'avina belt (I've only got one and wasn't willing to forward it yet), better attack/damage charms in lieu of resists (jalal's would make up the gap). Should be substantially faster, but would it be the fastest physical damage melee character? Maybe, but I suspect not. A grief zealot with his own (better) vigor aura and a useful switch would crush the druid through normal, and probably maintain the advantage through NM and Hell (my wrist hurts just thinking about it though). A whirlwind barb I would guess gives up too much whirling damage if he really cranks up the speed, but maybe it wouldn't matter if he did enough damage per hit? Some experimentation may be in order.

All considered, a good experience and I'm glad for the motivation to have tried it. Thanks to Liquid for setting it all up, to the judges (I should probably reserve that for the time being), and to everybody who's submitting a build. I'm looking forward to reading them this weekend!

Drystan said:
Well. I'm done. It's not the best, but given a week, and a night to do the writeup, I think it's reasonable. Hope you enjoy it. Below is Guardian Jack_Torrance, the Berserker barbarian.

Drystan said:
Rich (BB code):
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and
no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes
Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no
play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and
no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes
Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no
play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Jack a dull boy.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.​

Introduction

A very short introduction as to this build, tournament and why. This tournament came at one of the worst possible times. It started the day before I was going on a week long trip with work. So, out of three weeks, that's one week gone. Two is fine! The second week was busy with work and cleaning after the previous week's trip. One week left. What to do!
I will admit that the build, idea and writeup is rushed. I had a few ideas previously, and did some planning while away, but I didn't really have too much time to work it out. So, I took a simple idea, and ran it through. We shall see how it worked out.

Theme and Build

The theme was Halloween/Horror.

The idea was to base a character on a horror movie, and try to resemble that as best I could. Simple, and definitely doable within a week. Unfortunately, that kind of limits being overly creative with items, story specifics and details. This is the option I ran with.

So, which character did I choose? Jack Torrance, from the classic horror movie, The Shining. This story is about a writer, Jack Torrance, who gets a job house-sitting a hotel during winter, when the secluded building gets shut down. Alone and empty, Jack plans to get some writing done, with no distractions or life to interupt him. But the hotel was built right next to an indian burial ground, and the spirits haven't been resting peacefully.
After so long of seclusion, and with the paranormal activities within the hotel, Jack goes bat**** insane, succumbs to madness, and tries to kill his wife and young son with an axe. Jack Torrance is a Death Berserker Axe Berserker Barbarian.

Previous to Jack's appointment as hotel caretaker, the previous caretaker was driven insane, taking an axe, and brutally murdering his family, a wife and two daughters, butchering their bodies, and leaving gory remains of a previously loving family, before the madness took his own life.

I had considered a Two-Handed axe, but had none available, and only had a week to do this build and writeup. This wasn't going to happen, so once he turned completely insane, he just held the Death 'Zerker Axe, and no shield.

Some things I did not like about the movie, compared to the book. I haven't read the book, but I have read comparisons, and I would agree that the movie was lacking in these departments. The movie seriously dampened the concept of the spiritual/supernatural and the hauntings. Potentially, the entire movie except one scene can be explained by cabin fever; by seclusion. The spirits/ghosts that appeared could merely be apparitions within their own mind, caused by the seclusion and isolation from other humans. This leaves the viewer wondering if it was a movie about paranormal hauntings, or psychological stresses.
It also ignored a major theme Steven King put in his novel: alcoholism. There are small parts in it, but the theme is very much left out.

Stats and Skills

Guardian Jack_Torrance

Class: Barbarian
Level: 79

Naked/Gear
Strength: 113/138
Dexterity: 44/79
Vitality: 323/328
Energy: 10/15
HP: 1463/1638 // 3239 After BO
AR: 10240

Hell Resists
Fire: 33
Cold: 33
Lightning: 33
Poison: 33

Berserk (Magic) Damage: 2344 - 7704 <--- Fulfils the damage type criteria.

Bash: 1/4
Stun: 1/4
Concentrate: 1/4
Berserk: 20/23

Axe Mastery: 20/23
Increased Stamina: 1/4
Iron Skin: 1/4
Increased Speed: 1/4
Natural Resistance: 1/4

Howl: 20/23
Taunt: 1/4
Shout: 1/4
Battle Orders: 20/23
Battle Command: 1/4

Items and Explanation

Main Items

Death
Berserker Axe
HelElVexOrtGul
One Hand Damage: 186 - 549
Required Level: 64
Required Dexterity: 40
Fingerprint: 0x6cc824a9
Version: Expansion
100% Chance to cast level 44 Chain Lightning when you Die
25% Chance to cast level 18 Glacial Spike on attack
Indestructible
418% Enhanced Damage
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+50 to Attack Rating
Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
7% Mana stolen per hit
50% Chance of Crushing Blow
39% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
+1 to Light Radius
Level 22 Blood Golem (15/15 Charges)
Requirements -20%
Ethereal
5 Sockets (5 used)

Well. Lots of references here. Berserker Axe. Jack Torrance does go berserk with an axe. And his aim is to kill his family, and cause Death to them. Plus, it's one hell of an axe, which let Jack cruise through Hell with little problem.

Sigon's Visor
Great Helm
Defense: 57
Durability: 23 of 40
Fingerprint: 0x94134717
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+25 Defense
+30 to Mana
Set (2 items): +632 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

(2 items): 10% Life stolen per hit

Sigon's Gage
Gauntlets
Defense: 13
Durability: 20 of 24
Required Strength: 60
Fingerprint: 0x203dc7a2
Item Level: 27
+20 to Attack Rating
+10 to Strength
Set (2 items): +30% Increased Attack Speed

(2 items): 10% Life stolen per hit

Sigon's Visor and Sigon's Gage meet two of the mandatory requirements. I don't really understand why these criteria were required, but here they are. The helm had to be either a Sigon's, or a Basinet. I didn't have time to do any crafting, so I happily left this as Sigon's. It also gave nice boosts, with 632 AR. The Gauntlets were added to fulfil another requirement: Partial set bonus.

Gore Rider
War Boots
Defense: 142
Durability: 29 of 34
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 94
Fingerprint: 0xd3d13c2
Item Level: 60
+30% Faster Run/Walk
15% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
10% Chance of Open Wounds
+164% Enhanced Defense
+20 Maximum Stamina
Requirements -25%
+10 Maximum Durability

Unintentional, but Gore riders. The previous caretaker took an axe and left a pile of gore that was once his family.

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x69a0cdeb
+1 to All Skills
4% Life stolen per hit
+39 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+50 Maximum Stamina

Jack Torrance was married. Let's just pretend that I can (and did) use the Personalisation Quest on this. Let's pretend it is actually 'Jack Torrance's Wedding Band.' Yes, that explains why I wasn't wearing any personalised items. Nihlathak was only killed in Normal.

Fortitude
Archon Plate
ElSolDolLo
Defense: 1401
Durability: 52 of 60
Fingerprint: 0xe041a854
20% Chance to cast level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+79 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
All Resistances +26
Damage Reduced by 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 to Light Radius
4 Sockets (4 used)

Credendum
Mithril Coil
Defense: 108
Durability: 9 of 16
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0x4a6521b1
+50 Defense
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
All Resistances +15

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x89823afa
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +5
All Resistances +23

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xc863a628
+236 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

These last items were mostly chosen for their... Wait wait! Raven FROST. In the end, Jack froze to death in the snow. This was in preparation. He didn't want to freeze, so he was wearing this. These items were basically to give enough stats to progress safely.

Charms

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x370b998c
Item Level: 61
+17 to Life

Shimmering Large Charm of Sustenance
Large Charm
Required Level: 34
Fingerprint: 0x100ca51b
Item Level: 59
+24 to Life
All Resistances +6

Shimmering Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x72e21bac
Item Level: 55
All Resistances +4

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x69ee2f88
Item Level: 68
+16 to Life

Mercenary - Act 2 Might Mercenary

Treachery
Archon Plate
ShaelThulLem
Defense: 724
Durability: 30 of 31
Required Strength: 93
Fingerprint: 0xdd323649
5% Chance to cast level 15 Fade when struck
25% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+45% Increased Attack Speed
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +30%
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
Ethereal
3 Sockets (3 used)

Obedience
Cryptic Axe
HelKoThulEthFal
Two Hand Damage: 230 - 1057
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 59
Required Strength: 124
Required Dexterity: 75
Fingerprint: 0x6fd271f2
Item Level: 79
30% Chance to cast level 21 Enchant when you Kill an Enemy
+40% Faster Hit Recovery
370% Enhanced Damage
-25% Target Defense
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
-25% to Enemy Fire Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
+290 Defense
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
All Resistances +25
Requirements -20%
Ethereal
5 Sockets (5 used)

Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
Death Mask
Defense: 123
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0x5185f31c
10% Mana stolen per hit
10% Life stolen per hit
+45 Defense
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
All Resistances +15
1 Sockets (0 used)

Key Concepts and Discussion

Jack_Torrances progression was divided into three parts. In Normal, he was not yet mentally disturbed. He was allowed a mercenary (friend,) and started as a Concentration barb. He went to the hotel to have the solitude and peace he required, to concentrate on his writing. He was allowed a shield, as he could see reason in defense.

In Nightmare, he hadn't become insane, but he had lost his concentration. He was then respecced into a Berserker barb, but could still see reason in defense, thus was allowed a shield. As he hadn't become totally insane, he was still allowed a mercenary, as he hadn't frightened his wife away yet.

In Hell, he turned bat**** insane, and gave in to the madness. He was a pure Berserker barb, and had no reason to hold a shield. If he murdered the problems, why would he need any defense? In addition, he had completely frightened his wife and child away. He was alone. Solo. No mercenary, no friend.

All sessions with Jack_Torrance included listening only to horror/dark music. I deleted my winamp playlist, and compiled some dark music, including random screams/chainsaw sound clips, theme songs from The Exorcist, The Omen, Amityville Horror, Beetlejuice, Blair Witch, Halloween, Halloween H20, Nightmare on Elm Street, Sleepy Hollow and a lot more. Had some classical horror in there as well, Epica, and of course, the D1, Hell-Fire, D2LoD and Hell Unleashed soundtracks. For a full list, click below, and if there's any you're interested in, post them and YouTube them, as I'd like to listen to some of them again. Some were very atmospheric! But there were some odd ones in there: Star Wars theme? Carmina Burana isn't really horror, but definitely a nice addition! Buffy the Vampire Slayer theme was very much more of a rock song than horror, and Bad to the Bone? Why is that even in there?

Code:
1. 28 Days Later - In the House - In a Heartbeat (4:21)
2. A Nightmare on Elm Street - Main Theme (4:15)
3. Alien - End Title (3:45)
4. Aliens - Prelude / Ripley's Rescue (5:54)
5. Army of Darkness (Evil Dead II - Prologue / Building the Deathc (4:31)
6. Atlanta Symphony Orchestra & Chorus - Carmina Burana: Fortune, Empress Of The World (O Fortuna) [Excerpt] (2:33)
7. Atlanta Symphony Orchestra & Chorus - Carmina Burana: Fortune, Empress Of The World (O Fortuna) [Excerpt] (2:33)
8. Bach - Toccata in D Minor (2:34)
9. Bach - Toccata in D Minor (2:34)
10. Blair Witch End Theme (2:28)
11. Bram Stoker's Dracula - The Storm (4:24)
12. Bride of Frankenstein - Creation of the Female Monster (8:41)
13. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Theme (1:04)
14. Christine - Bad to the Bone (4:55)
15. Clint Mansell\Corner Stone Cues - Requiem for a Tower Movement II-IV (3:35)
16. Clint Mansell\Corner Stone Cues - Requiem for a Tower Movement II-IV (3:35)
17. Cloverfield - Roar! (5:35)
18. Danny Elfman - Beetlejuice Theme (2:28)
19. Danny Elfman - Beetlejuice Theme (2:28)
20. Dexter - Main Title (1:44)
21. Diablo 2 - Ancients (4:06)
22. Diablo 2 - Fortress (4:46)
23. Diablo 2 - Halls (3:32)
24. Diablo 2 - Ice (4:40)
25. Diablo 2 - Siege (5:42)
26. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Blood Raven's Resolution (2:08)
27. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Caves (4:03)
28. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Crypt (4:08)
29. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Forge Action (2:54)
30. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Harem (2:00)
31. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Horadric Action (5:25)
32. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Izual (3:19)
33. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Kurast (5:09)
34. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Lair (7:24)
35. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Mesa (7:48)
36. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Monastery (3:13)
37. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Nihlathak (1:36)
38. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Radament's Resolution (1:32)
39. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Sanctuary (2:46)
40. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Shenk Theme (4:20)
41. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Spiders (4:57)
42. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Tainted Sun (3:20)
43. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Town (3) (2:30)
44. Diablo II - Hell Unleashed - Valley (4:39)
45. Don Davis - Neodammerung (5:52)
46. Don Davis - Neodammerung (5:52)
47. Dracula - Main Title / Finale (7:29)
48. Dracula - Main Titles / Storm (4:52)
49. Dracula, Prince of Darkness - Suite (5:07)
50. Drag Me to Hell - End Titles (Original Version) (7:15)
51. Dressed to Kill - The Gallery (6:03)
52. Duel - The Cafe / Truck Attack (5:08)
53. Exorcist II: The Heretic - Regan's Theme (2:40)
54. Ghostbusters - Main Theme (3:14)
55. Halloween - Main Theme (2:39)
56. Halloween H20 Theme - Instrumental (2:38)
57. Halloween II - Main Theme (4:33)
58. Hannibal - Vide Cor Meum (3:01)
59. Hans Zimmer - The Ring (8:07)
60. Hans Zimmer - The Ring (8:07)
61. Hellbound: Hellraiser II - Suite (8:44)
62. Hellraiser - Suite (5:54)
63. Horrors of the Black Museum - Main Theme (3:33)
64. Immediate - Age of Discovery (3:49)
65. Immediate - An Epic Age (2:51)
66. Immediate - Empyrean Mercenaries (2:38)
67. Immediate - Fides en Lucius Dei (3:52)
68. Immediate - Generations (2:35)
69. Immediate - Imperitum (3:03)
70. Immediate - Lacrimosa Dominae (2:30)
71. Immediate - Onward to Freedom (2:59)
72. Immediate - Prelude to Paradise (3:44)
73. Immediate - Prometheus Rising (2:50)
74. Immediate - Serenata Immortale (3:47)
75. Immediate - Shield of Faith (2:58)
76. Immediate - Spiritus Omnia (2:30)
77. Immediate - The Reluctant Warrior (2:24)
78. Immediate - Trial of the Archangel (3:55)
79. James Newton Howard - Signs (4:47)
80. James Newton Howard - Signs (4:47)
81. Jerry Goldsmith - Ave Satani (2:31)
82. Jerry Goldsmith - Ave Satani (2:31)
83. John Williams - The Raptor Attack (2:49)
84. John Williams - The Raptor Attack (2:49)
85. King Kong - King Kong Suite (13:46)
86. Let the Right One In - Eli's Theme (2:42)
87. London Symphony Orchestra - Emperor's Throne Room (3:25)
88. London Symphony Orchestra - Emperor's Throne Room (3:25)
89. Matt Uelman - Cave (3:50)
90. Matt Uelman - Coda (0:56)
91. Matt Uelman - Crypt (3:31)
92. Matt Uelman - Desert (3:38)
93. Matt Uelman - Jungle (2:24)
94. Matt Uelman - Leoric (3:06)
95. Matt Uelman - Mesa (3:26)
96. Matt Uelman - Monastery (5:56)
97. Matt Uelman - Roger and Me (1:03)
98. Matt Uelman - Rogue (2:58)
99. Matt Uelman - Sanctuary (4:08)
100. Matt Uelman - Sisters (1:45)
101. Matt Uelman - Spider (5:19)
102. Matt Uelman - Tombs (5:17)
103. Matt Uelman - Toru (2:57)
104. Matt Uelman - Wilderness (7:58)
105. Matt Uelman - Zakarum (2:56)
106. Mussorsgsky - Night on Bald Mountain abridged (4:22)
107. Mussorsgsky - Night on Bald Mountain abridged (4:22)
108. National Polish Radio Symphony - Symphony #3: Passacaglia - Allegro Moderato (6:17)
109. National Polish Radio Symphony - Symphony #3: Passacaglia - Allegro Moderato (6:17)
110. Nightmare On Elm Street -Freddys Coming For You (3:20)
111. Nosferatu - Overture (3:03)
112. Pan's Labyrinth - The Labyrinth (4:02)
113. Phantasm - Main Theme (4:00)
114. Philip Glass - Pruit Igoe (7:51)
115. Philip Glass - Pruit Igoe (7:51)
116. Poltergeist - Main Theme (4:20)
117. Predator - Main Theme (3:58)
118. Rosemary's Baby - Lullaby (2:42)
119. Saw - Hello Zep (3:01)
120. Scary sounds-Horror Movies - Theme of Sleepy Hollow.mp3 (3:16)
121. Sleepy Hollow - End Titles (3:12)
122. Soundtrack/cast Album - Hello Zepp (3:00)
123. Soundtrack/cast Album - Hello Zepp (3:00)
124. Sunshine - Adagio in D Minor (4:27)
125. Suspiria - Main Theme (6:05)
126. Taste the Blood of Dracula - The Young Lovers / Ride to the (6:27)
127. The Devil Rides Out - The Power of Evil (2:04)
128. The Exorcist - Tubular Bells (6:02)
129. The Fog - Main Theme (3:59)
130. The Fury - Main Theme (2:54)
131. The Haunting - The Carousel / End Titles (2:55)
132. The Haunting - The History of Hill House (4:35)
133. The Mummy - The Sand Volcano / Love Theme (2:55)
134. The Mummy Returns - Main Theme (5:24)
135. The Omen - Ave Satani (3:56)
136. The Ring - This is Going to Hurt (2:51)
137. The Shining - Music for Strings, Percussion (7:02)
138. The Sixth Sense - Malcolm is Dead (5:22)
139. The Thing - Main Theme (4:30)
140. The Thing from Another World - Main Theme (2:06)
141. The Witches of Eastwick - Dance of the Witches (4:37)
142. The X-Files - Threnody In X (LP Version) (3:13)
143. The X-Files - Threnody In X (LP Version) (3:13)
144. Theme Songs - Exorcist Theme (4:20)
145. Theme Songs - Halloween (2:26)
146. Theme Songs - Amityville Horror Theme (4:18)
147. Theme Songs - The Omen (2:38)
148. They Live - Main Theme (3:25)
149. Track 10 (2:43)
150. Track 11 (0:17)
151. Track 11 (3:02)
152. Track 12 (1:14)
153. Track 12 (3:11)
154. Track 13 (4:21)
155. Track 13 (0:33)
156. Track 14 (2:37)
157. Track 15 (3:43)
158. Track 16 (3:20)
159. Track 16 (0:19)
160. Track 17 (2:44)
161. Track 17 (0:08)
162. Track 18 (4:12)
163. Track 18 (0:08)
164. Track 19 (4:00)
165. Track 19 (0:20)
166. Track 20 (0:16)
167. Track 21 (0:20)
168. Track 22 (0:08)
169. Track 23 (0:08)
170. Track 24 (0:10)
171. Track 25 (0:28)
172. Track 26 (0:28)
173. Track 27 (0:39)
174. Track 34 (0:24)
175. Track 35 (0:40)
176. Track 36 (1:00)
177. Track 37 (0:43)
178. Track 38 (0:31)
179. Track 39 (0:47)
180. Track 40 (0:40)
181. Track 41 (0:40)
182. Track 42 (0:33)
183. Track 43 (0:24)
184. Track 44 (0:35)
185. Track 45 (0:21)
186. Track 46 (0:36)
187. Track 47 (0:37)
188. Track 48 (0:19)
189. Track 49 (0:33)
190. Track 52 (0:23)
191. Track 53 (0:19)
192. Track 54 (0:31)
193. Track 55 (0:32)
194. Track 56 (0:16)
195. Track 57 (0:23)
196. Track 58 (0:20)
197. Track 59 (0:32)
198. Track 60 (0:30)
199. Track 61 (0:36)
200. Track 62 (0:32)
201. Track 63 (0:28)
202. Track 64 (0:37)
203. Track 65 (0:40)
204. Track 66 (0:36)
205. Track 67 (0:33)
206. Track 68 (0:16)
207. Track 1 (5:27)
208. Track 2 (2:51)
209. Track 3 (2:06)
210. Track 4 (2:54)
211. Track 5 (1:57)
212. Track 6 (8:35)
213. Track 7 (2:21)
214. Track 8 (2:14)
215. Track 9 (2:21)
216. tv themes - Beetlejuice Theme (3:40)
217. Twilight - Edward at Her Bed (Bella's Lullaby) (3:33)
218. Twisted Nerve - Suite (5:34)
219. Village of the Damned - March of the Children (6:34)
220. War of the Worlds - Suite (7:29)
221. Young Frankenstein - Transylvanian Lullaby (4:08)
222. Zack Hemsey - Mind Heist (2:15)
223. Zack Hemsey - Mind Heist (2:15)
224. Zodiac - Graysmith's Theme (2:55)

Actual Story

A silver moon hung high in the sky as Jack stood in the burial ground. A cloud shadowed the moon as spirits circled him.
'What am I doing here?' he asked a spirit.
'You know what the problem is.' Jack replied. 'Too many distractions. Too much noise. You need to deal with this problem, before it traps you here. Only you are able to fix your burdens...
He closed his eyes, the spirits, the shadows, still creeping within his mind. A breath of cool air greeted him, as he opened up his eyes. His head rested upon the desk, sensations rushing into his limbs. The chair under him creaked as he pushed it back, and a pencil snapped as it hit the floor. In front of him, his typewriter sat unused except for one thing:

'REDRUM'

One Month Later

'Another drink, thanks Lloyd. The more I search for an answer, the further it seems.'
'A trouble we all face, Mr. Torrance. No, no. You know your money isn't good here. It's on the house. Master's orders. Excuse me, sir.
Jack stared at his drink, letting go of that which kept him alive. He closed his eyes, and let go of who he was. He let the spirits take him.

The axe rose, only to fall against the door. Splinters sprayed from the wooden door, as a woman screamed in fear. He peared through the widening holes.
'Here's Johnny!'

Liquid, as red as blood, oozed from the walls, dripping softly to the floor, soaking the carpet. Pools began forming, and flowed towards the stairs. The axe rose again, as blood dripped from the blade. The bodies of two young girls lay in front of him, as his axe cleaved into the bodies. The spirits whispered and painted images in blood in Jack's mind of the previous caretakers madness, and the caretaker before him...

Results and Finds

Jack_Torrance, with no defense, no blocking, and no meatshield did pretty well. He took damage in every fight, but had more than enough Healing Potions and life to survive. He didn't have many NDE's, but there were a couple when he went Berserk to some Fanatic Oblivion Knights. Another one was when he was Cursed, and Battle Orders ran out, effectively halving his hitpoints. And a third memorable one was while Cursed against Frenzytaurs. There were a few other NDE's though.

His damage was very nice though, and his high AR helped him dispatch the spirits and demons around him fairly quickly. Even with 8k+ AR, he still missed an aweful lot though. And each time he missed, he took damage, or got surrounded that little bit more.
It may be his equipment talking, but he was a pretty fun character, rushed as he was. With a shield, merc and some better equipment in some slots, he would taken a lot less damage and be more enjoyable. His major drawback for me was not having any leach. The 0 defense and no shield was manageable, but having no leach is a pain...

He found 3 Puls, one in the NIGHTMARE Flayer Dungeon Level 1, and two in Hell, and his Hellforge was an Um. Other than that, not too many other great finds.

And that ends the tale of Jack_Torrance, the Berserker Barbarian.

Last edited:
cheerupemokid10 said:
I updated my post to include some screenies (not too many... but a few at the least) of the Foxy Blonde Bombshell Candy. I also tidied up a couple of things and am officially done for the tourney purposes. It's all back on Page 9 of the thread.

Loving the other write-ups btw. Great job everyone and good luck not getting stuck with those Dog 'tars!

[QUOTE="kestegs]
just over 4 hours. If you were NF you could get a level 1 through hell in time to still do a nice write up. I expect nothing less.
[/QUOTE]

coju said:
Will add screenies in a bit
From the beginning of the Carnival of Rio de Janeiro, she always wanted to be the Queen of Carnival.
The Queen of Carnival is chosen by a contest based on her beauty, self-assurance, sociability, ease of expression, congeniality, and samba abilities; but all in all she must have the "carnival spirit".

[insert screenshot of awesomeness]
NvtRu.png

She knew she loved to dance. Dance, dance, dance! Plus, she was already from Brazil, as you can tell from her lucious, dark skin, and her long, dark hair.Here, her part starts at 7:10. She enters at 7:30. She knew from her beautiful enterance and complete confidence, that she would become the Queen of Carnival: her lifelong dream.
IMAGES!
Passing out Roses!
jbYqf.png

Guess they didn't like them :(
dWJWn.png

Dance Partners! Yay!
bEGDU.png

There was a change in events this year, as all hell broke loose. The Hunger Games had become a movie, finally, and the event coordinators thought it would be funny to put all the contestants in a fight to the death, per-say, to clean up the land for the Carnival. Hey, free labor! Am I right? Am I right?

In order to accomplish this task, she stopped in at the Rouge Camp to talk to Akara, to local Sorceress. She taught the ways of the Ice Dance. Akara mentioned another Sorceress trapped in Horragath, who would show her more powerful Dances: The Dance of the Frozen Light. During her travels, she danced her heart out. There were times that were tough. Times that were disparing. Times that were greatly matched by these spawn of hell. Nothing will stand in her way. She will dance until all bow before her.
*skip ahead a bit*
Being the QueenOfCanival, she was to wear Ondal's Almighy Crown of Jewels. Nothing less would be fit for the a Queen who worked so hard to get to where she was. Her robe was to be Haemosu's Adamant. This would be meet the two-set rule, even though she may have found part of Tal Rash's Attire quite fitting for a woman of her style. More than likely, she would have stuck with Tal's Glorious Purple Robe. Purple, the color of Royalty. So fitting. Obviously, a Dol or Rare Rune would have been thrown in there just for fun :yes:

Stats
Name: QueenOfCarnival
Class: Sorceress
Experience: 152669662
Level: 62

Naked/Gear
Strength: 99/175
Dexterity: 35/45
Vitality: 211/233
Energy: 35/46
HP: 543/549
Mana: 157/255
Stamina: 336/336
Defense: 8/1339
AR: 125/175

Fire: 131/91/31
Cold: **/48/-12
Lightning: 178/138/78
Poison: 87/47/-13

MF: 94 Block: 10
GF: 52
FR/W: 30
FHR: 63
IAS: 0
FCR: 106
Skills
Warmth: 1/6

Static Field: 1/6
Telekinesis: 1/6
Nova: 20/25
Teleport: 1/6
Lightning Mastery: 14/19

Ice Bolt: 1/6
Frost Nova: 1/6
Ice Blast: 7/12
Glacial Spike: 1/6
Blizzard: 20/25
Cold Mastery: 1/6
Current Equipment
Code:
Rune Grasp
Ring
Required Level: 9
Fingerprint: 0xbf1d7214
Item Level: 21
+10% Faster Cast Rate
Lightning Resist +9%
Fire Resist +12%
17% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Infernostride
Demonhide Boots
Defense: 97
Durability: 12 of 12
Fingerprint: 0xa6a18795
Item Level: 63
5% Chance to cast level 8 Blaze when struck
+20% Faster Run/Walk
Adds 12 - 33 Fire Damage
+130% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+10% to Maximum Fire Resist
Fire Resist +30%
52% Extra Gold from Monsters
+2 to Light Radius

Frostburn
Gauntlets
Defense: 48
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Strength: 60
Fingerprint: 0x60a0f9bd
Item Level: 59
5% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1 - 6 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
+15% Enhanced Defense
+30 Defense
Increase Maximum Mana 40%

Wraith Master
Ring
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0xb1a87aad
Item Level: 52
+10% Faster Cast Rate
Adds 50 Poison Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
+11 to Energy
Fire Resist +16%
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Griswold's Heart
Ornate Plate
Defense: 928
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 62
Fingerprint: 0xf2dd2158
Item Level: 71
+2 to Defensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
+500 Defense
+20 to Strength
72% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -40%
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Perfect Topaz

Dire Casque
Circlet
Defense: 24
Durability: 35 of 35
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0x27039eef
Item Level: 49
+2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
+10% Faster Run/Walk
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+9 to Strength
Lightning Resist +36%

Immortal King's Detail
War Belt
Defense: 89
Durability: 23 of 24
Required Strength: 110
Fingerprint: 0x3038f825
+36 Defense
+25 to Strength
Lightning Resist +31%
Fire Resist +28%
Set (2 items): +105 Defense
Set (3 items): +25% Faster Hit Recovery
Set (4 items): +100% Enhanced Defense
Set (5 items): Damage Reduced by 20%
Set (6 items): +2 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)

Wraith Gorget
Amulet
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x2947ca69
+1 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
+3 to Minimum Damage
+18 to Strength
+6 to Life
Lightning Resist +22%
Poison Resist +7%

Call to Arms
Superior Flail
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 3 - 89
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 41
Fingerprint: 0x6a4901fe
Item Level: 81
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
274% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+3 to Battle Cry
+3 to Battle Orders
+6 to Battle Command
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Increase Maximum Durability 12%
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune

Spirit
Monarch
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 142
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 86 of 86
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 156
Fingerprint: 0xded01b63
+2 to All Skills
+26% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+98 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+4 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune

Heart of the Oak
Flail
KoVexPulThul
One Hand Damage: 1 - 24
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 55
Required Strength: 41
Fingerprint: 0x6e5a6427
+3 to All Skills
+40% Faster Cast Rate
+75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
7% Mana stolen per hit
+10 to Dexterity
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +40
Level 14 Raven (60/60 Charges)
Level 4 Oak Sage (25/25 Charges)
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ko Rune
Socketed: Vex Rune
Socketed: Pul Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune
Fun Level
At first, I started her out as a Frost Nova Sorc. Maxed FN, then started to max Blizz. I used a Lightning Iron Wolf for Style Points. It was boringly slow. Constantly chugging Mana Potions, I only played her for an hour or so at at time, if even that. Once I reached Harrogath, maybe even act 4, I decided to respect and get an Act 2 Merc with Insight; For the pretty colors, of course! If I was feeling more up to it, I would have thrown that into the story: about her switch. It goes into the *skip ahead part* :yes: .
After the respect, she decided to use Nova and Blizzard/Ice Bolt (? level 6 skill). This is awesomely fun. Awesomely fun. Fast. Quick. Way powerful. I can only imagine a pure blizz sorc at level 64, as Maxed Nova/Blizz plus some Light Mastery and Blizz Synergies are very quick killers. Way fun to. It's more than just spamming FO or FB. Drop a blizz, jump in, and dance the night away with Nova. None of my screenshots turned out very well to show her dance moves.

What made me decide on this theme was the way the sorc looks like she is dancing when she uses her spells. I decided using the Novas because you have to be right in the frail to kill anything, and having the enemies in hit-recovery part of the time made it look like they were dancing with her. Drop a blizzard, and it looks like Confettie is dropping from the sky! Throw some Ice Bolts, and (maybe balls? idk... lvl 6 skill) it looks like you're tossing everybody blue roses. She's so sweet and generous. I'll keep playing her though. She's loads of fun. Loads.

I would not have complied to the Helmet Rule. The reason being as stated above: Those were not fit for the Queen of Carnival. Only the Spiraled Helm would be fitting for such a purpose. I was hoping to have it equipped and screened showing the epicness of her wearing her crown in Baal's Chamber, but that will have to wait later. I was expecting that to sway the judges and get plenty of points for the non-compliance. Just know, it is greatness.

kestegs said:
Leave your :badteeth: at the door folks....

In theory:
May I introduce to you Aesculapius the dentist. Aesculapius is the Greek God of medicine and his staff is a symbol of dentistry in the US. Seemed to fit well with the theme of magic damage and mythology. I decided to forgo the obvious choice of lightning damage paired with mythology :p I have also always wanted to make a dentist necro to see how much fun they would be. The plan to fit in the tournament restrictions were to use two trang pieces and a runeword great helm.

Game play:
The game started off fairly simple. He equipped some good twinking gear, mostly in the form of two MPK rings. I do not know how viable teeth would be early on without these. The nice thing about teeth is that it is a level 1 skill! So I played the entire game with teeth as my main skill and never used a respec. The bad news was that teeth damage is really bad!!! It did however scale well enough to be usable on /p8 without too much trouble. It was only doing about 100 damage before I hit level 42 in act 5, which is when I dumped on all of his skillers, that really helped a lot as it brought my damage up to about 250. I invested in a trust clay friend to help numb my enemies a bit, especially those big bosses that were extra tough to sedate. I went with a trust dental assistant from the desert. He spent most of his time in prayer and was never very good at killing things, he did however bring me a lot of insight into how to continue hurling extracted teeth at my foes.

NM was only a Nightmare for his enemies. Apparently he went a bit too heavy on the laughing gas and everyone was having bad dreams. Most of NM was done on /p3, as teeth just wasn't the powerhouse killer that one might think it would be ;)

Hell was solely done on /p1 This was both for time constraint and for the fact that any more than that would be painful. I did end up doing a few /p8 pit tuns to level though, which went surprisingly well.

Act1: He had recently dawned most of his final gear and was going absolutely nuts throwing his beautiful white teeth at the badies when all of a sudden he realized that he had gotten a tad over zealous and developed some sort of fetish.

Act2 proved some interesting things, like that the arcane sanctuary isn't as limitless as the medical profession had previously thought. There was a certain bug that hadn't brushed his teeth in a few hundred years it seemed, so he was sedated and put down for his crimes.

Act3 was quickly passed through by our up and coming dentist, he used his teeth of fury to sedate the first of the prime evil anti-dentites.

He quickly moved onto act 4 where he encountered a very angry 2nd prime evil, who was also given the tooth treatment.

He stopped briefly to grow a bit stronger so that he could equip his final piece of equipment: boneflesh.

Act 5 proved somewhat challenging as there were an abundance of ranged attackers, which were always the most irritating to subdue. He got so obsessed with examining everyone that his fetish started to crop up again.
Teeth at it's finest, many a frozen teeth were shattered that day.

Whatttt??? my first and only good drop? It's okay, cleaning teeth is it's own reward. Looks painful....if you're not a tooth wielding dentist!!!

A sad story for these boys, they were minions of tooth decay and had to be taken care of.

And now, we have reached the end of our story. The dentist, as always, was victorious in defeating the evils of tooth decay and will now retire to his home on mount Olympus. He retires there with his feet on a golden cushion, knowing that no monster ever bested him, maybe he is immortal after all.

Practicality:
In the end I really enjoyed this character and he did very well. I used corpse explosion very conservatively and only around resistant/immune monsters most of the time. The fact is that teeth pretty much hits everything on the screen at once anyways, and many off screen as well. So by the time you get one down you have gotten them all down. Not giving my assistant anything very damaging kept me honest in the "I'm not an exposionmancer" department. A one point Clay Golem (+mastery) was a very good tank and served me very well as a numbing agent for my foes.

The Stats
Name: Aesculapius
Class: Necromancer
Experience: 759337508
Level: 81

Naked/Gear
Strength: 97/124
Dexterity: 30/39
Vitality: 343/358
Energy: 25/41
HP: 881/1107 1900 after BO
Mana: 185/306 550 after BO
Stamina: 487/517
Defense: 7/1570
AR: 105/150

Fire: 142/102/42
Cold: 148/108/48
Lightning: 167/127/67
Poison: 90/50/-10

MF: 52 Block: 3
GF: 100
FR/W: 40
FHR: 5
IAS: 0
FCR: 75

Amplify Damage: 1/12
Weaken: 1/10
Terror: 1/10
Decrepify: 1/10

Teeth: 20/43
Bone Armor: 1/21 about 830 damage
Corpse Explosion: 1/16
Bone Wall: 20/38
Bone Spear: 4/21
Bone Prison: 20/35
Bone Spirit: 20/36

Clay Golem: 1/8
Golem Mastery: 1/8
The Gear
Head: Delerium Great helm. +2 skills, Makes me a bone fetish ;)
Weapon1: Boneshade (with rare jewel) +2 all and +5 teeth is awesome.
Shield1: Splendor preserved head. +3 teeth +1 all and 10% FCR, very nice
Body: Tooththrow(um) Fit's the theme....not much else :p
Amulet: Mara's (30%) Great amulet, I had some necro FCR ones but the level is too high.
Boots: Natalya's~ Good FRW and decent resists, I didn't have any rares that topped them
Belt: Trang belt~ CBF, life, mana, and half of my set requirements, a no brainer.
Glove: FCR, resist cold, +2 curses. and the other half of my set requirements, too nice to pass up.
Ring1: Rare with FCR and resists mostly
Ring2: Rare with FCR and mana mostly
Weapon2: Beta CtA: only +6 BO, but it still helps a lot.
Shield2: Splendor necro head: extra +1 to BO

Inventory: 8 skillers, some with minor mods, cube, TP tome, and resist/life/mana small charms to fill out the rest.

Natalya's Soul
Mesh Boots
Defense: 149
Durability: 66 of 116
Required Strength: 65
Fingerprint: 0x3eb711bf
+40% Faster Run/Walk
+111 Defense
Heal Stamina Plus (Based on Character Level) +20%
Cold Resist +21%
Lightning Resist +24%
+50 Maximum Durability

Fungal Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6d5c2315
+1 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
+11 to Life

Fungal Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xaadd2878

Fungal Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x381bfce4
Item Level: 84

Fungal Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xcfc1fd7a

Fungal Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5e6e571c
Item Level: 94

Fungal Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1beef40b
+19 to Life

Garnet Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1dacb579
+18 to Life
Fire Resist +9%

Beryl Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x39dac422
+18 to Life
Poison Resist +4%

Coral Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf1f45d4f
+19 to Life
Lightning Resist +9%

Serpent's Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x439ed3c6
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
+17 to Mana

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x150b1e0a
+20 to Life

Garnet Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 20
Fingerprint: 0xf0fdec0c
+11 to Life
Fire Resist +8%

Sapphire Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x5d9cb325
+12 to Life
Cold Resist +11%

Trang-Oul's Claws
Heavy Bracers
Defense: 67
Durability: 13 of 16
Required Strength: 58
Fingerprint: 0x3c1b44ef
+2 to Curses (Necromancer only)
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+25% to Poison Skill Damage
+30 Defense
Cold Resist +30%

(2 items): Regenerate Mana 15%

Trang-Oul's Girth
Troll Belt
Defense: 159
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Level: 62
Required Strength: 33
Fingerprint: 0x65861784
+98 Defense
+66 to Life
Replenish Life +5
+31 to Mana
+30 Maximum Stamina
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements -40%
Set (3 items): Cold Resist +40%

(2 items): Regenerate Mana 15%

Order Whorl
Ring
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x303a49ba
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+4 to Minimum Damage
3% Life stolen per hit
+3 to Mana
All Resistances +6
Fire Resist +24%

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x4769e8bb
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +5
All Resistances +30

Fungal Grand Charm of Strength
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xed7e356a
+6 to Strength

Aesculapius's Toothrow
Sharktooth Armor
Defense: 867
Durability: 59 of 63
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x5436b273
40% Chance of Open Wounds
+215% Enhanced Defense
+52 Defense
+10 to Strength
All Resistances +15
Fire Resist +15%
Attacker Takes Damage of 35
+15 Maximum Durability
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Um Rune

Um Rune
Required Level: 47
Weapons: 25% Chance of Open Wounds
Armor: Cold Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
Shields: Cold Resist +22%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

Delirium
Great Helm
LemIstIo
Defense: 296
Durability: 37 of 40
Required Level: 51
Fingerprint: 0x94e3adbb
Item Level: 82
14% Chance to cast level 13 Terror when struck
6% Chance to cast level 14 Mind Blast when struck
1% Chance to cast level 50 Delirium when struck
11% Chance to cast level 18 Confuse on striking
+2 to All Skills
+261 Defense
+10 to Vitality
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 17 Attract (60/60 Charges)
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Lem Rune
Socketed: Io Rune

Lem Rune
Required Level: 43
Weapons: 75% Extra Gold from Monsters
Armor: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters
Shields: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters

Ist Rune
Weapons: 30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Armor: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Io Rune
Required Level: 35
Weapons: +10 to Vitality
Armor: +10 to Vitality
Shields: +10 to Vitality

Fungal Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd7992fd1

Shimmering Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x17295b3c
+1 to Strength
All Resistances +5

Shadow Touch
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x7ada818
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to Energy
+13 to Life
+70 to Mana
Lightning Resist +10%

Tome of Town Portal
Fingerprint: 0x6ad512dd
Item Level: 36

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x76499573
+19 to Life

Amber Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x189a08ea
Lightning Resist +11%
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Call to Arms
War Scepter
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 37 - 63
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0x373fc787
GUID: 0x5721ad79 0x42e1c685 0x0
Item Level: 54
+2 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
274% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 to Vengeance (Paladin Only)
+3 to Holy Shield (Paladin Only)
+10 to Battle Cry
+5 to Battle Orders
+13 to Battle Command
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune

Amn Rune
GUID: 0xa3ff5826 0xd9397a42 0x0
Weapons: 7% Life stolen per hit
Armor: Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Ral Rune
Required Level: 19
GUID: 0xb2a6b08d 0x518bfc11 0x0
Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Armor: Fire Resist +30%
Shields: Fire Resist +35%

Mal Rune
GUID: 0xc48aabe8 0x9db6ab84 0x0
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Ist Rune
GUID: 0x45099121 0xfbcde7dd 0x0
Weapons: 30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Armor: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Ohm Rune
GUID: 0x3e7be8cb 0xc138241b 0x0
Weapons: Enhanced Maximum Damage
Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist

Splendor
Superior Zombie Head
EthLum
Defense: 16
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Strength: 14
Fingerprint: 0x5f50f545
Item Level: 79
+1 to All Skills
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+20% Faster Block Rate
Adds 25 - 50 Poison Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+3 to Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
+86% Enhanced Defense
+10 to Energy
Regenerate Mana 15%
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+3 to Light Radius
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Eth Rune
Socketed: Lum Rune

Eth Rune
Required Level: 15
Weapons: -25% Target Defense
Armor: Regenerate Mana 15%
Shields: Regenerate Mana 15%

Lum Rune
Weapons: +10 to Energy
Armor: +10 to Energy
Shields: +10 to Energy

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0x9fd42fbc
Item Level: 13

Aesculapius's Boneshade
Lich Wand
One Hand Damage: 12 - 37
Durability: 17 of 17
Required Level: 79
Fingerprint: 0x1523908a
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+25% Faster Cast Rate
22% Enhanced Damage
+5 to Teeth (Necromancer Only)
+5 to Bone Armor (Necromancer Only)
+3 to Bone Wall (Necromancer Only)
+2 to Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
+1 to Bone Spirit (Necromancer Only)
+5 to Strength
+4 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +27%
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Shadow Whorl

Shadow Whorl
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xbc60812d
Item Level: 48
22% Enhanced Damage
+5 to Strength
+4 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +27%

Aesculapius's Splendor
Superior Preserved Head
EthLum
Defense: 7
Durability: 21 of 23
Required Strength: 12
Fingerprint: 0x5e0ab269
Item Level: 5
+1 to All Skills
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+20% Faster Block Rate
Adds 2 - 7 Poison Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
+2 to Amplify Damage (Necromancer Only)
+3 to Teeth (Necromancer Only)
+78% Enhanced Defense
+10 to Energy
Regenerate Mana 15%
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+3 to Light Radius
Increase Maximum Durability 15%
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Eth Rune
Socketed: Lum Rune

Eth Rune
Required Level: 15
Weapons: -25% Target Defense
Armor: Regenerate Mana 15%
Shields: Regenerate Mana 15%

Lum Rune
Weapons: +10 to Energy
Armor: +10 to Energy
Shields: +10 to Energy
The Dentist's Assistant:
Name: Gulzar
Race: Desert Mercenary
Type: Comb-Normal (prayer)
Experience: 59196042
Level: 81
Dead?: false

Naked/Gear
Strength: 183/208
Dexterity: 148/178
HP: 1670/1834
Defense: 1232/2483
AR: 1928/441512

Fire: 181/141/81
Cold: 148/108/48
Lightning: 148/108/48
Poison: 148/108/48

He was largely neglected, I don't think I changed his gear since NM act 2.

Crown of Thieves
Grand Crown
Defense: 308
Durability: 49 of 50
Fingerprint: 0x51091fa8
12% Life stolen per hit
+171% Enhanced Defense
+25 to Dexterity
+50 to Life
+35 to Mana
Fire Resist +33%
89% Extra Gold from Monsters

Griswold's Heart
Ornate Plate
Defense: 943
Durability: 39 of 60
Required Strength: 102
Fingerprint: 0x29529a91
+2 to Defensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
+500 Defense
+20 to Strength
+114 to Life
Requirements -40%
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Perfect Ruby

Perfect Ruby
Weapons: Adds 15 - 20 Fire Damage
Armor: +38 to Life
Shields: Fire Resist +40%

Perfect Ruby

Perfect Ruby

Insight
Bec-de-Corbin
RalTirTalSol
Two Hand Damage: 52 - 287
Durability: 32 of 55
Required Strength: 133
Required Dexterity: 91
Fingerprint: 0x29d3e2b6
Item Level: 58
Level 15 Meditation Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Cast Rate
238% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
228% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
+5 to Critical Strike
All Stats +5
+2 to Mana after each Kill
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune

Ral Rune
Required Level: 19
Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Armor: Fire Resist +30%
Shields: Fire Resist +35%

Tir Rune
Required Level: 13
Weapons: +2 to Mana after each Kill
Armor: +2 to Mana after each Kill
Shields: +2 to Mana after each Kill

Tal Rune
Required Level: 17
Weapons: Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
Armor: Poison Resist +30%
Shields: Poison Resist +35%

Sol Rune
Weapons: +9 to Minimum Damage
Armor: Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Damage Reduced by 7

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low