1.13 RoF Superchest Patterns

For me its totally different from one run to the next. Sometimes it's coated with monsters, sometimes its a ghost town. I've just learned to teleport in ways to move them about to be able to TK the chests (though Pit Lords' giant hit box is a pain in the ass). You can also hide behind the building structures on the edges of the peninsula.

My map very infrequently has boss packs on it though. Spawn density might have something to do with nearby features?

This. Changes drastically from run to run. Would be interesting to see if certain maps spawned them less though. I'd say ~75% of my runs have more than a couple monsters in there, with somewhere in the neighbourhood of 15-25% of those runs having at least one boss pack in the main area.

Just wanted to call attention to the bolded part. I use this almost every run when there are substantial amounts of monsters around, quite handy!

As a proud level 99 hammerdin, I see bosspacks as an opportunity, not a burden. Remember this is a lvl 85 area, so that tyraels might could show up while looking for runes.

As a proud level 99 hammerdin, I see bosspacks as an opportunity, not a burden. Remember this is a lvl 85 area, so that tyraels might could show up while looking for runes.

A hammerdin could probably effectively incorporate popping these chests into a chaos run for the lower levels where killing bosspacks matter, but then that would require a map with the 2 chests and the ideal chaos map in the same roll, which could be annoying to find.

Yeah, I was getting 1-2 boss pack like 75% of the time! I guess I'll have to try a new map! While killing things is an okay idea, it's very tough with a pure blizz Sorc, at least at p7!

I found out something amazing today. I got a little bored of runs and had a favorable monster roll, so I figured I'd clear a bit more of my map to see if I could find a possible third Superchest and it landed just below the peninsula I'm running already.
map here:
Screenshot267.jpg

I tried for a while to see if I could teleport down there, and I found if I get it juuuuust right I can reach across to a third chest per run.

Wow that's awesome! As Pyro said, I hope you like that map, because it's here to stay. Very cool to see it's possible though, definitely something to check for. Way to go Brak!

EDIT:
@kestegs - Two bosspacks in the main area 75% of the time? Yes that does seem very high, at least in my experience. Hopefully you can roll a map that helps out with that! Let us know how that goes, would be interesting to know if you could roll a map that reliably had very few monsters in there.

Last edited:
So I've only been able to make a few runs with the new chest and it's a little precarious because you land on a choke point where the merc cant get past you. Therefore, all the monsters whack you in the face with their first attack instead of the merc. Eventually figured out that landing and blindly spamming glacial spike is the best idea because the chokepoint also means the other monsters cant aggregate if I freeze the one closest.

Also, there is another feature just below the Superchest that spawns two skull piles and a hidden chest, which means I get 3 chests and 5 poppables per run. It's like a mini-LK

I tried some runs! It was harder than expected to find a map, and the one I found almost always had 2+ boss packs in the area. It was just way too hard for my Sorc to handle. Do your maps have a lot of packs in them? Was wondering if I should hope for less monsters in a new map or not.
I'm tellin you guys, it's much more consistent in 1.07 ;)

Also less monster type variety. Cmon, you know you want to do it

A hammerdin could probably effectively incorporate popping these chests into a chaos run for the lower levels where killing bosspacks matter, but then that would require a map with the 2 chests and the ideal chaos map in the same roll, which could be annoying to find.
Don't need ideal map if you start at RoF wp and work your way through.

Still, anything is probably less efficient than just CS and/or Diablo if you're opting for CS anyway.

I'm tellin you guys, it's much more consistent in 1.07 ;)

Also less monster type variety. Cmon, you know you want to do it

Lol! I'll tell you what, if we confirm both Jah and Cham patterns I'll seriously consider starting up 1.07 and trying there. Hopefully by then I'll have so many runes I'll be needing some snazzy .07 bases to go with them. ;)

As for the more familiar 1.13, did a few more runs and on the 12th run of the session (yes, 12th):

Ohm (/p7 as usual)

1.13 RoF Superchest Pattern Tables

[highlight]Players 1-2[/highlight]

Code:
Rune     Item #1          Item #2          Item #3          Item #4          Finder

[highlight]Players 3-4[/highlight]

Code:
Rune     Item #1          Item #2          Item #3          Item #4          Finder
Ohm #1   Balanced Axe     Balanced Knife   2-Handed Sword                    Brak

[highlight]Players 5-6[/highlight]

Code:

[highlight]Players 7-8[/highlight]

Code:
Ist #1   Ancient Shield   Brandistock                                        Pb_pal
--
Gul #1   Diamond Bow      Dusk Shroud      Francisca                         Pb_pal
Gul #2   Gauntlets        Great Pilum      Truncheon                         Brak
Gul #3   Double Axe       Flanged Mace     Grim Shield      3 others         Pb_pal
--
Ohm #1   Cantor Trophy    Ring                                               Pb_pal
--
Lo #1    War Staf                                                            Brak
--
Sur #1   Edge Bow                                                            Pb_pal

Great job all! I'm glad we are finally doing this for real in 1.13d too!. Throwing my hat to the ring.

Barb is very good at this: great FCR break points and Howl works wonders. Hammerdin is probably better if you want to kill boss packs too.

I found a possible new Lo pattern. Problem is that I had to kill one champion Abyss Knight that was blocking the chest. I took a quick glance what it dropped and the only thing I noticed at that point was that Flawless Diamond. Then I hit the chest and found Lo among the other things. There's that War Staff which was also in the first Lo pattern Brak found.

It could be possible that I didn't see the Crown and Hatchet Hands when I killed the champion, or simply ignored them... But I have a feeling that those came from the chest. I'm adding this as a Lo#2 but this needs cofirmation obviously

1.13 RoF Superchest Pattern Tables

[highlight]Players 1-2[/highlight]

Code:

[highlight]Players 3-4[/highlight]

Code:
Ohm #1   Balanced Axe     Balanced Knife   2-Handed Sword                    Brak

[highlight]Players 5-6[/highlight]

Code:

[highlight]Players 7-8[/highlight]

Code:
Ist #1   Ancient Shield   Brandistock                                        Pb_pal
--
Gul #1   Diamond Bow      Dusk Shroud      Francisca                         Pb_pal
Gul #2   Gauntlets        Great Pilum      Truncheon                         Brak
Gul #3   Double Axe       Flanged Mace     Grim Shield      3 others         Pb_pal
--
Ohm #1   Cantor Trophy    Ring                                               Pb_pal
--
Lo #1    War Staf                                                            Brak
Lo #2    Crown            Hatchet Hands    War Staff                         Grape
--
Sur #1   Edge Bow                                                            Pb_pal

Don't need ideal map if you start at RoF wp and work your way through.

Still, anything is probably less efficient than just CS and/or Diablo if you're opting for CS anyway.

Yes and no. I meant that most people who run Chaos Sanctuary seriously look for a map that has 1/2 shrines in the sanctuary or on the way to the sanctuary. Which may be difficult to find with that + the 2 chests.

I found a possible new Lo pattern. Problem is that I had to kill one champion Abyss Knight that was blocking the chest. I took a quick glance what it dropped and the only thing I noticed at that point was that Flawless Diamond. Then I hit the chest and found Lo among the other things. There's that War Staff which was also in the first Lo pattern Brak found.

It could be possible that I didn't see the Crown and Hatchet Hands when I killed the champion, or simply ignored them... But I have a feeling that those came from the chest. I'm adding this as a Lo#2 but this needs cofirmation obviously
It's definitely unique if you compare the junk

Mine was TP, ID, bolts
you have Key, mana, antidote, arrows

Nice find @Grape and welcome to the fray! I agree that it's almost certainly a new pattern, hopefully someone can confirm it at some point too.

Glad to see you're having success with a barb, that's the class I'm building up for when I can properly gear him to do this.

So I found these rune drop odds credited to Pyrohemia (couldn't find original post).

Code:
Rune        1.13b Chance (1 in X)        1.10 Chance (1 in X)
Zod            5171.0            82722.0
Cham            1981.4            23637.3
Jah            1320.9            15758.2
Ber            1475.8            13510.7
Sur            983.9            9007.1
Lo            1091.4            7723.0
Ohm            727.6            5148.6
Vex            766.5            4415.6
Gul            511.0            2943.7
Ist            540.4            2525.7
Mal            360.3            1683.8
Um            367.6            1445.8
Pul            245.0            963.8

They suggest a pattern where second called runes from a higher rune tier should show up more frequently than the first called from the tier below up to roughly the Gul/Ist transition. Indeed for LK this holds true through p5 and p7. So a reasonable guess would be for us to expect more Jah patterns from RoF than Ber patterns from LK. Cham should then be lower and probably ideal Cham conditions might depend on players setting.

So a reasonable guess would be for us to expect more Jah patterns from RoF than Ber patterns from LK. Cham should then be lower and probably ideal Cham conditions might depend on players setting.

Well that would be good news about the Jah patterns, and gives us a fairly reasonable chance of finding one between the runners! Thanks for digging this up.

So I have been lurking and following progress on this thread and I've decided to have a go at this too. I've found an Ohm following the already existing pattern (Cantor Trophy and Ring) on Players 8.

@ioupainmax - Cool to see a pattern confirmed so quickly, nice find! Just one question though, why are you running RRM? Is it just a matter of preference over the orange of 1.13?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High