1.13 Public Test Realm online!

Re: 1.13 Public Test Realm online!

Can you have multiple respecs "available" at once? (N/NM/H)

As in, say, the Imbue or Socket rewards...

Or, if I start a new 1.13B char, complete Den quest in Normal, but do not respec before doing the quest in NM, will the Normal reward go away?

You can have multiple available, like the Imbue or Socket rewards.

Cool, after a little hiatus, I'm back to D2. I must say, the difference in rune drops is noticable. Took my clvl 92 PNovamancer up half a level over the last 2 days, and I've found quite some runes in the Io - Um range. Can't wait to see what the game will drop in the next few days.

Also, I vote for putting Pyrohemia's post about runes drop chances in a sticky. I'm talking about this post.

The rune drop changes are cool and the 4x decrease in the number of rolls to drop to a lower rune tier has interesting effects.

1.13b Rune drop odds when rolling from a [highlight]Zod capable monster[/highlight].

EDIT making things clearer:
Odds for each rune when a monster capable of dropping a Zod decides to drop a rune.
Code:
Rune		1.13b Chance (1 in X)		1.10 Chance (1 in X)
Zod			5171.0			82722.0
Cham			1981.4			23637.3
Jah			1320.9			15758.2
Ber			1475.8			13510.7
Sur			983.9			9007.1
Lo			1091.4			7723.0
Ohm			727.6			5148.6
Vex			766.5			4415.6
Gul			511.0			2943.7
Ist			540.4			2525.7
Mal			360.3			1683.8
Um			367.6			1445.8

Why, in 1.13b, is Jah easier to find than Ber, Sur easier to find than Lo, Ohm easier to find than Vex, Gul easier to find than Ist, and Mal easier to find than Um?

edit: Never mind. I ran into an old problem, just haven't encountered it previously and thought it was a new problem. Carry on.

Last edited:

Why, in 1.13b, is Jah easier to find than Ber, Sur easier to find than Lo, Ohm easier to find than Vex, Gul easier to find than Ist, and Mal easier to find than Um?

Because that's the way the dev's wrote the odds. Inadvertantly most likely, but there it is.

All the runes (except Zod) are broken into groups of two.
The last three lines of the rune odds are as follows. (more or less)

Code:
r29	3	r30	2	Runes 14	2941
r31	3	r32	2	Runes 15	3957
r33	1	Runes 16	5170

obviously the runes are given numbers instead of names here and the ones like "Runes 16" refer to the groups of two.

So, reading the odds, r33 (Zod) has a 1 / 5171 just as Pyro's chart indicates. From there, the chance of moving to the next lower rune category slowly decreases. But what is key here is that r31 (Jah) is at 3 / 3962 and r30 (Ber) is at 2 / 2946.

Obviously 2946 < 3962 but what the devs didn't appear to check (or simply decided they didn't care that much) is that 3/3962 (1/1320.7) > 2/2946 (1/1473) so the odds of getting a Jah are greater than the odds of getting a Ber.

I believe Pyro's numbers also factor in the chance of stopping at the rune level above which is very minor for the high runes but it wreaks havoc on the chart for the lower runes (like El being rarer than Hel).

Last edited:

This used to happen in 1.10-1.12 as well but at the lower runes.

Eth was more likely than Nef
Tal was more likely than Ith
Ort was more likely than Ral

jjscud explained it well. I doubt that many people noticed that it happened in 1.12 because frankly, who cares much for those runes???

I always thought that it is because of usefulness. Like : Jah is more useful than Ber, which is highly debatable, but less embarrassing for the developers.

Not looking to re-open the respec debate that happened about 40 pages back in this thread, but I have a question. Are the cubed essence respecs tied to the character that cubes them, or can they be traded and used by anybody as long as you have a token?

Just curious.

I haven't tried it, but I'm pretty sure they work on any character. If not, just give the essences to the character you want to respec and let him/her do the cubing.

@Longing - Well I assume if they did tie the cube respec to the char, they would do it for the 4 essences as well as the cubed token - similar to say the parts that cube up to Kahlims Will. But I doubt that they did either and it's just as you said - totally open.

Hmm, if they are indeed open to be used by any character it sounds like at least the Diablo and Baal essences could have potential for good trading material. Well for the people who want to respec a lot (more then 3 times).

So maybe not a real high demand trade item, but if someone blew through the 3 "free" respecs and decided they didn't like the end build they got and didn't have a good Baal runner (or had terrible luck on the essence drops) it would leave an option for getting it.

For those of you who haven't seen it:

[BLUE="http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23425557830&postId=234232818328&sid=3000#19"]We're glad the changes in 1.13b are being well received. We don't think we've hit every issue obviously, there are still quite a few, as well as feature requests, etc. that we hope to address in future patches.

But, 1.13b won't be the final version of this patch. Work is already in progress and near completion on a 1.13c that addresses a few additional issues. This new version will require new patches to be generated and tested, but it won't be making its way to the PTR as we don't feel the changes warrant it.

We plan to give a one week warning before a Diablo II ladder reset, which will coincide with the release of 1.13. You're not likely to hear any updates on release schedule before that one week warning.[/BLUE]

Saw this in the community forum, thought it would interest you.

I'm very interested in upgrading to 1.13b from 1.12a. I just have a couple things that are holding me back.

1. I HF rush. I believe the ability to give guys in town the baal quest was a bug. Does that bug still exist? I can't really HF rush if I have to level everyone. Its a pain enough to level 1 guy to 40 per group of seven.

2. Does the HF still drop the same runes. If memory serves me, Um was the highest you could get in 1.09. In 1.1x you could get up to Gul. Does this still hold true in 1.13x?

3. Whats the major selling point of 1.13b over 1.13a? Didn't the increased rune drop happen in 1.13a? And IM was nerfed then as well. Whats better about 1.13b?

2: AFAIK the HF drops the same runes.

3: The rune drops was further increased in 1.13b

Can't help with question 1, sorry.

EDIT: Oh, and the lightning mastery nerf was removed again in 1.13b.

1. Still exists.

2. Still the same.

3. 1.13b has increased runedrops even over 1.13a. Other changes from 1.13a are that the lightning mastery nerf is removed, and FE damage in Hell is fixed.

. I HF rush. I believe the ability to give guys in town the baal quest was a bug. Does that bug still exist? ...?

One very positive thing about the change in the rune drop odds is it brings a number of less cheesy methods on par with HF rushing. So yes you can still HF rush in 1.13b but I don't think anyone is considering it. I would start thinking (make that I am thinking) more about a good council, cow, pit and CS runner.

I expect that if I move to 1.13b that I will stop HF rushing. However, I have several guys already started the HF rushing process, so I'd want to finish up the guys I have now. I wouldn't start making more guys for it, but I have a lot of guys in various stages of readiness. I already have a level 85ish poison necro who would be good for pits. Might be able to use my blizz sorc for CS runs. Especially since my merc can use Insight without worrying about IM. 1.13b here I come.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High