1.13 Public Test Realm online!

Re: 1.13 Public Test Realm online!

I disagree that hellforge rushing has lost its importance. At least for me it has always been out about getting those pul-vex range runes that are 1.)useful socketables 2.)miscellaneous requirements for runewords and 3.) are difficult to find. I've been running Cows all weekend and I know for a fact that hellforge rushing is still better than cows in regards to that range of runes. I'm not sure about Countess/LK/Travincal but from reading other commentary and my brief experience running them I think it is the same thing.

Depending on how deep your rune stockpile is, I think HF rushing could still be useful. Once you know how to do it, you can knock off a HF run in about 3-4 hours, even in 1.13 LOD. If you really need one particular rune in the Um-Gul range in order to complete an important runeword for an active character, a HF rush is a fairly dependable way to get it. I won't be doing the mass HF rushes I was originally planning on in 1.12, but I expect it to remain a handy technique. And if I'm rushing a new character anyway (which I don't always do), I might as well take six more patsies along with me and get bonus runes while I'm at it.

HF rushing is definitely far and away the best way of getting a specific mid-highish rune (from Pul up to Lo I'd guess without doing any math or anything), and I can't really imagine that ever changing.

It's definitely not very profitable compared to regular 1.13b rune hunting, though.

I agree with Fabian. HF rushing is still nice for stuff up to Lo. However, if you're looking for things higher than that, I'd go with Cows or Trav.

@the nix....
wow, just wow. I'm really looking forward to the next couple months of MF tournies just to see how many of those suckers pop up.
congrats!
Kefka

Oddly enough, when i MF on the Pits almost no runes dropped. And they were Ort and Tal. But in AT an Ist popped out of a corpsed twice already in a few runs.. Woot :crazyeyes:

Ok, after having run Trav 210 times and having the highest rune dropped being a Lum I'm starting to wonder... Am I unlucky or is it something else? I read somewhere that someone spoke about rwm possibly mucking up the 1.13 droprates. As in it uses the old 1.12 droprates due to using old .bin files. I have however deleted the binfiles so it recreated them again. Is this it?

Those who have found high runes and run rwm, did you do something? Or are you not running rwm? Or something else? I'm only running rwm.

And yes, I know 210 runs aren't much but think something higher than a Lum should have dropped.

@Stryfe - I'm running RWM and RRM. I used a generic shortcut to update to 1.13, then right back to the shortcut I was using to launch 1.12a RWM/RRM. Found Ohm and Um in, probably, 500 runs. And I know there was a Lem in there. I've found significantly more Ral to Hel runes than El to Tal, so I firmly believe the drops are using the 1.13b rates. If you're seeing lots of El to Tal, you may have a concern, if not then you just need to do more runs :)

BTW, I'm running with a Blizz Sorc as I don't have a Barb in hell yet, so I not only don't have hork, I also can't kill Toorc on any run as he is always CI, and sometimes I have to skip Ishmael if he spawns cold immune. Takes too long for the merc to do the work, so I always leave them alive. If the drop rates are infact fubar because of RWM, I'm incredibly lucky.

I agree with LD50 and the idea behind Solar Ice post, elite runewords should be similar to Tyrael's Might – very, very rare and hard to get. They should not be available easily for those who spend little time in D2 (not trying to offend those with families and hard work, this is my personal opinion) and in MF/rune hunting in particular.

All those who refer to LK as a 'glitch' – I don’t see any difference between LK and MF. By logic, Tyreal's Might should be dropped only by Baal and not by some skeleton boss in AT act 2. How all those Xk AT/pindel/pit runs different from Xk LK runs?

Look, maybe the increased rune drop isn't a bad thing, but the whole direction (no IM, no LM penalty, increased rune drop, reallocation of skills)…I feel they making the chars more powerful and the game less challenging.

I'm not MPing here, and I would like to hear how common all the elite RWs (faith, enigma, beast…) in the MP games today? What you think will be the effect of the new drop rate on MP games?

I agree with pretty much everything you said ... i'm interested in a final 1.13 patch mainly for the idea of maybe having some elite runewords within reach giving me some payback for the time i've invested in this game (flushed down the toilet maybe?)

However, the no IM etc ... in a way its good because I will play those areas that i've avoided thus increasing my enjoyment and opening up the game a bit ... on the other hand, it does make the game "easier" in a way and that also has it's drawbacks.

I also don't really get the reference of LK as a "glitch" as well ... what's so glitchy about running an area over and over? You're just taking advantage of something in the game that was put there by the developers/programmers.

What's next? Should we call certain builds "glitches" because they tend to be better than other weaker builds? Should we stop people from taking advantage of those good builds because it's too easy to beat the game and/or MF with them? Would certain skills be called "glitches" for the same reasons?

Anyways, just food for thought.

@ Stryfe: that makes me a little worried. I've spent several days running the cows (haven't kept an exact number), the council a few times, and LK several times without nothing to show for it other than a Pul & Lem. I also have found tons of Els, Elds, etc., so I'm hoping I haven't mucked up the update either. Just today I've been leveling my barb & merc to try to get more serious about the council since I'm about to give up on the cows.

I'm on a Mac, BTW.

Regarding the runes, it's a matter of patience. It's not unlike how you can do hundreds of AT runs finding nothing, then have TC87s drop twice in ten runs. I'm sure you already knew that though. :wink:

Figuring out if you have the new drop rate is really easy. Do a couple of countess runs. El and Eld are now much more rare. Normal countess runs used to look like this: El El El El Eld Eld. Now they look like this: Eth Eth Eth Tal Tal Tal.

I did about 2 dozen normal countess runs while starting off some brand new characters. In all those runs I found 2 or 3 El, and only one Eld.

I haven't done that many NM and hell runs, but I've done a couple of each, and the runes are all more or less in the Sol/Shael/Dol/Hel/Amn range.

Hm... well, is there a way to find out whether I have the drop rates from 1.13a or 1.13b? Or is there no issue with the RWM between those versions?

Hm... well, is there a way to find out whether I have the drop rates from 1.13a or 1.13b? Or is there no issue with the RWM between those versions?

1.13a only increased mal and above or so, the same test should suffice.

Ah, I see. Then it's all working fine for me, except that the council is still quite stingy with runes.

Thanks, Ancalagon. All seems fine here too. I ran the Countess about 20 times in Hell and was starting to get worried until I reread your post about Normal. :crazyeyes: Once on Normal, she seemed to drop on par with what you listed.

And yes, I know 210 runs aren't much but think something higher than a Lum should have dropped.

One would hope. But as usual, its those that are getting lucky and posting the finds they are excited about and those not getting lucky who are keeping somewhat silent.

I've in the 700-800 trav run range with my best rune so far being a Lem (and that just last night). Of course, I've always had notoriously bad luck in the normal rune hunting places. I just need one or two more pieces of gear and I can get back to the pits.

I have installed 1.13b recently, and I would like to be able to use the Rune Word Mod. Does this mod require its own dedicated version, or will the 1.12a version that is linked in the Help thread sticky still work?

I've searched through the SPF sticky, the Help sticky, and I tried the search function, but I haven't been able to find any answers. Have I just overlooked something somewhere, or can I just use the 1.12 rune word mod in 1.13?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High