1.13 Public Test Realm online!

Corrupted

Jul 14, 2004
1.13 Public Test Realm online!

Yes, it's finally here!

In order to connect I think you must connect to a regular bnet server and then it'll update your gateway list.
If you can't do this, then you should manually add the server through your registry or using a tool to modify your gateways, the address is classicbeta.battle.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Diablo II Version History

- Patch 1.13

A new Mystery has been revealed!

- Players of Hell Difficulty Realm games are hereby warned once again,
that a series of new and challenging tests await you! The answer lies
within Diablo's Bosses, which span across the world from the Den of Evil
to the Throne of Destruction...

Major Bugs

- Fixed an item dupe bug.
- Video improvements for Intel Mac machines with OS 10.5 or greater.

Minor Bugs

- Uber Mephisto now checks for both Uber Baal and Uber Diablo to be killed before spawning summoned minions (Before he would only check for Uber Baal).
- The game will no longer stop and then restart the game music after the window loses and then regains focus.
- Fixed an issue where the game window would minimize when running in windowed mode when it lost focus.
- Fixed an issue where the game window wouldn't center properly when it was created.

Specific changes/improvements

- Respecialization is now possible! Completing the 'Den of Evil' quest will now additionally reward 1 free respec which can be saved. Players who have already completed this quest should receive 1 free respec in Hell difficulty.
- Increased the drop rate of high runes.
- Support for blit scaling in windowed mode. The game can now be maximized to the largest 4:3 resolution supported (hooray widescreen users).
- Some rare drop items now have an orange color. i.e. Runes and items required for Uber Tristam.
- Modified the gold bank limit to be a flat cap not bound by level.
- Nightmare/Hell WilloWisps champions/uniques have had their damage greatly reduced.
- Removed the requirements to create a hardcore character.
- Greatly reduced the explosion damage dealt by Fire Enchanted monsters.
- Uber Mephisto and Uber Baal's summoned minions no longer give experience.
- Removed Oblivion Knight's Iron Maiden curse.
- Hellfire Torch Firestorm proc rate has been reduced to 5%.
- Users can now toggle the display of text over the Health and Mana globes by clicking on the bottom area of each orb.
- Updated two Act 5 mercenary names to Klar and Tryneus.
- When creating a single player game, pressing the 'Enter' key now automatically creates a Hell difficulty game if possible.
- When creating a game, each difficulty button is now bound to a unique key: Normal 'R', Nightmare 'N', and Hell 'H'.
- The 'Enter Chat' Button in the battle.net waiting room is now bound to the 'Enter' key.
- Added the windows system buttons to the game window (MIN, MAX, CLOSE).
- Added new command line parameter '-nofixaspect' which allows users to not fix the aspect ratio to 4:3 when maximizing windowed mode. This lets the game 'stretch' to fill your monitor.
- Added support for '-sndbkg' command line switch. This enables sound in background.
- Added support for '-nosound', '-window', and '-windowed' command line options.

Revised Skill balance for Player Character classes

Amazon

-Immolation Arrow - Increased radius of Explosion effect by 33% and Immolation effect by 50%.
-Immolation Arrow - Explosion effect damage increased by 20%.
-Immolation Arrow - Increased base duration by 33%.

Assassin

-Shadow Master - Increased resistance range per point from 5-80 to 5-90.

Barbarian

-Whirlwind - Reduced initial mana cost by 50%.
-Masteries - Changed critical strike chance from 0-25 to 0-35.

Paladin

-Blessed Hammer - No longer ignores resistances of undead and demons.

Druid

-Werebear - Damage bonus increased by 15% across all ranks.
-Werebear - Increased health by 25% and armor by 1% per point.
-Shockwave - Synergy from Maul adds 5% damage per point.

Necromancer

-Blood Golem - Removed negative shared life effect (player no longer loses life when golem takes damage).
-Corpse Explosion - Increased base damage dealt from 60% - 100% to 70% - 120% of corpses health.
-Poison Nova - Increased base damage by 15%.

Sorceress

-Firewall - Synergy receives 1% damage per point of Inferno and Blaze and 4% per point of Warmth.
-Blaze - Synergy receives 2% damage per point of Firewall and 4% per point of Warmth.
-Hydra - Increased base damage by 15% per rank.
-Hydra - Increased base speed of Hydra projectile.
-Hydra - Reduced cooldown by 25%.
-Lightning Mastery - Reduced overall effect by 15%.

Re: 1.13 Public Test Realm online!

Some quick thoughts:

I was rather bummed to see no Ubers in SP, especially considering they added a new "event" on the realms.

No IM is very nice indeed.

Hammerdins no longer being ridiculous is a good thing imo.

Respecs are lame.

Corpse Explosion wasn't good enough, huh?

Oh, and increased high rune drop rate is cool for SP, although I'm sure some will hate it. Last Wish!! (note that I have no idea how "increased" this drop rate is)

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=21730644780&sid=3000

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

INCREASED HIGH RUNE DROPS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

IMMOLATION BUF WOO WEREBEAR BUFF WOOO

[edit] fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap!!!

Holy crap. When this goes off beta, my Novamancer is gonna hit 30k. GG.

Holy ****!

I think that I'm in love!

-Corpse Explosion - Increased base damage dealt from 60% - 100% to 70% - 120% of corpses health.

All of those early patches continually debuffing corpse explosion farther and farther and now they decide to buff it while it is still the most powerful crowd killing spell.

Got to wonder at some of the numbers... in many cases vague terms like "raised the rate" are used while in other cases specific numbers are provided.

First patch not to nerf WW though... so it has it's merits.

Respecs are lame... but at least they're limited to 3/character. I'll expect the SP community to frown heavily on it's use.

Because CE needed a boost more than anything.! Anyway, good find :)

And to think I was just on my way to bed... *sigh* Good thing it's friday tomorrow (the bosses usually leave early on fridays)

EDIT.

When clicking outside the D2 window IT NO LONGER MINIMIZES!!!!!!!!!!

For those who want some live exploring/chatting I'm on the PTR in the game "corr"
My account is *corr as well

No IM? No FE nm bug? No supercharged gloams? lol this game just got easy

Pretty disappointing, to be honest... We'll see which changes make the cut to the final version, perhaps it'll improve somewhat. Thanks for posting it Corr!

Is this really true?!?

- Removed Oblivion Knight's Iron Maiden curse
>> No more reason to hate melee builds in HC

-Firewall - Synergy receives 1% damage per point of Inferno and Blaze and 4% per point of Warmth.
>> Was this really necessary?

-Blaze - Synergy receives 2% damage per point of Firewall and 4% per point of Warmth.
>> Fix the bug perhaps... or is that a coding issue?

-Hydra - Increased base damage by 15% per rank.
-Hydra - Increased base speed of Hydra projectile.
-Hydra - Reduced cooldown by 25%.
>> Interesting indeed...

mehh. no ubers :(

Some good things there though. (Goes to plan a CS running whirler :thumbup:)

No more IM?? Sweet, I look forward to being able to run WSK with my melee characters. :thumbsup: I'm actually a little sad to see unique/champ gloam damage reduced, but that's easy for me to say as an SC player. :p

I wonder if the rune drop rate is increased enough to suddenly make LK runs pointless (I hope so, honestly).

OMG!

Four lines made it for me :)

- Fixed an issue where the game window would minimize when running in windowed mode when it lost focus.
- Nightmare/Hell WilloWisps champions/uniques have had their damage greatly reduced.

CS running is gonna be so much easier with my LFzon now.

I feel somewhat let down by the lack of focus for the sp'ers but hey it is what it is.

Good to see IM gone from OKs.
I'm happy with the way Respecs are handles.
Happy to see drop rates for high runes increased.

Happy it is here, was it worth the wait? Not so much but oh well.

The respec is stupid^1000

ALL stat and skill points can be reset!...

Edit. On second thought. I foresee a lot of Titan, Dextan(?), and pure vit 'builds' due to excessive shift clicking. Imagine that: 500 stat points availabel - the mouse slips on the pad - shift click energy. DO'H!

Updated two Act 5 mercenary names to Klar and Tryneus.

At last!! :thumbup:

On a serious note: FE and cheesadin bugs fixed: good. IM and gloam annoyance fixed: also good. Blaze, CoS Ancients, Charge and other bugs not fixed: meh. No Ubers in SP: very disappointing. [Or are they?? They wouldn't list it in the patch notes for a realm patch, so I'm not completely ruling it out yet.]
Skills tweaks, such as Immolation arrow, Hydra: most of them make sense. Increased rune drops: without knowing how much, it's impossible to comment. If it's substantial, it may have an enormous impact, especially on the SPF.

Really nubikoen? Do you know the details?

I'm playing right now on the PTR. I 'made' a lvl 50 character to see what happened. After completing the den of evil you get the usual skillpoint.
The next time you talk to Akara, you have the option to reset all stat and skill points.

It only works once pr. difficulty.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High