1.13 Public Test Realm online!

Re: 1.13 Public Test Realm online!

Seriously? This is all some kind of joke, right? The following just makes me sick, to be honest, though at least in the case of drop rate and damage reduction, I can hold out hope that the change isn't huge.

- Respecialization is now possible!
- Increased the drop rate of high runes.
- Nightmare/Hell WilloWisps champions/uniques have had their damage greatly reduced.
- Greatly reduced the explosion damage dealt by Fire Enchanted monsters.
- Removed Oblivion Knight's Iron Maiden curse.

Not sure why they would need to provide buffs to already powerful skills either. :\. At least there's no Torch or Annihilus coming to SP, although that new "mystery" has piqued a little of my interest, and may change my opinions depending on what exactly it is.

As far as a real question goes, I can't get the "patch" to work when I log onto battle.net (*shudder*). This wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the modified d2gfx.dll, would it? ...because I deleted the old one. :whistling:

So... does GoMule read the 1.13 characters? It's pretty much a wash for me if it doesn't.

Just tried applying the patch on Mac OS and I get a file checksum failure... probably due to RWM/RRM. Hmm... time for some digging.

Update: replacing the Diablo II Patch (Carbon) file with the original allowed the patch to install. I guess that means no RWM/RRM for the time being.

The Mac version graphics improvements are noticeable. The game looks a lot nicer full-screen now - less pixelated. Losing RRM is no biggie, given that vanilla now has orange runes.

Last edited:

Seriously? This is all some kind of joke, right? The following just makes me sick, to be honest, though at least in the case of drop rate and damage reduction, I can hold out hope that the change isn't huge.

Not sure why they would need to provide buffs to already powerful skills either. :\. At least there's no Torch or Annihilus coming to SP, although that new "mystery" has piqued a little of my interest, and may change my opinions depending on what exactly it is.

As far as a real question goes, I can't get the "patch" to work when I log onto battle.net (*shudder*). This wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the modified d2gfx.dll, would it? ...because I deleted the old one. :whistling:

Yes it is beacuse of the d2gfx.dll. You should not login to Bnet with that dll as it will get your account banned.

So... does GoMule read the 1.13 characters? It's pretty much a wash for me if it doesn't.
This.

Other than that. A couple of good changes, a couple of bad ones. At least it's not as bad as the 1.10 patch, were the balance was all over the place (when compared to 1.09).

So, in the end I think I'll upgrade to 1.13.

The respec really scares me, especially in conjunction with ATMA. Example: I have a level 94 trapper, and would like to play a martial artist. I could conceivably use ATMA to change her name, which creates a duplicate character. If I choose to respec the duplicate, lo and behold I have a level 94 martial artist in addition to my trapper! I guess it's no different from using a trainer, which is obviously forbidden for good reason, but at least with trainers there is the added disincentive of potential trojans. I don't plan on respeccing any characters, and I encourage the rest of the Single Player community to do the same.*

*As always, what you do on your own computer is up to you.

I have kept a 'clean' diablo 2 folder for use on Battlenet, but that is giving me an error of 'cannot recognize version' when I try to connect to Battlenet so I'm reinstalling now. I hope to get to play some 1.13 soon.

Edit: At least the install is going fast with the disk images I made in order to get 1.07 working on Vista.

I revised the patch notes for everyone.

-Game difficulties have been altered to the following: Normal, Kinda Annoying, Ez Mode
-Hammerdins are still ungodly overpowered against everything except wailing beasts and mummies
-All game bugs are still intact
-Iron Maiden, the one curse that truly made you think twice about holding down the RMB and watching TV while going through Act 4 and caused you to actually think while playing, has been removed
-Blood Golem has gone from useless to "Liquid_Evil" (worse than useless)
-Immolation Arrow still sucks, don't even think about using it
-Included a color for runes to try and make MapHack less novel, even though it will still run rampant
-Your mom might be able to play this game now

Disabled RWM and CRM and patched to 1.13 beta.

No issues with my characters in Go-Mule pre or post patch.

Runes are orange/yellow in 3dfx mode.

Not sure if i need RWM as I started fresh on this machine, so don't have even insight yet :p

It appears to work. I created a new char in 1.13, exited, loaded into GoMule and moved the equipment around a bit. Saved, reloaded into D2 without issue.

On the hammerdin change does this affect baal's wave 2? I thought the tall guys were all magic immune? Or do hammerdin's still get a free pass on magic immunity on undead, but do some reduced damage from a monsters magic resistance?

Some things I like:

• No more IM from oblivs
  • Runes and keys are orange items
  • Arbitrary resolution sizes
  • Fixing Hammerdins (although I'm sad for my personal hammerdin, the build was just nuts)

Some things I mostly like:

• Increased high rune drop rates (provided it's actually substantial... and would have preferred this to be SP-only increase)
  • Making immolation arrow somewhat useful-ish

Things I don't like:

• Nerfing the gloams (the whole point is that they are supposed to be glass cannons)
  • Buffing CE?! Why?
  • No ubers for SP
  • Really wanted to see the exploding damage from dolls toned down a tad

I like most of the changes. I'd say the thing that most concerns me is getting rid of IM. I didn't really like it to begin with, but at least it forced me to do something else in CS than whirl or zeal away.

I guess getting rid of the undead/demon bug with hammers is their way of stopping Baal bots. My guess is infinity lite sorcs will become the new hammerdin.

Anyway, going double-time on my posts for school to get on the test realm asap.

On the hammerdin change does this affect baal's wave 2? I thought the tall guys were all magic immune? Or do hammerdin's still get a free pass on magic immunity on undead, but do some reduced damage from a monsters magic resistance?
I'd like some confirmation about this aswell.

Also, I was hoping to get a new cube recipe for breaking rune. I know it would have been overpowered in BNet, but still :whistling:

Yeah, overpowered...

Looks like some good stuff, and some 'meh'.

I like the buff to hydra's as I think its a really cool skill thats always been a bit underpowered, should also make running the council a touch more interesting.
I think its a good change to hammerdin's to tone them down without nerfing heavily.
I'm puzzled by the buff to CE and Blood Golem (if you can call it a buff...)
I REALLY like the 'sound' of increased rune drops (although we'll have to wait and see how 'increased' they really are)
I like the removal of IM

I don't like no Ubers for SP,
I'm a bit dissapointed in the nerfing of gloam damage.
I would've liked a few new runewords/items, or tweaking of other runewords
Re-spec looks really lame

Do we have confirmation that gomule still works fine with 1.13?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High