1.13 Public Test Realm online!

Re: 1.13 Public Test Realm online!

Not entirely pleased. Seems to be mostly about adding more B.net content and making the game easier.

That respeccing looks absurd. Perhaps once the test realm is done, they'll switch it to 1 skill point/5 stat points (or something similar - I think that would be reasonable).

The key question for me is whether or not ATMA plays nice with 1.13. For me, no ATMA = no D2.

Agree with most on the respec. A great way to destroy re-playability. I doubt I'll be using that feature.

GoMule is working, as far as I can tell.

My nova necro just got a huge shot in the arm damage wise - nova and ce buffed.... I don't understand the justification behind that.

Time to check my stashes for a 4os polearm - want to see if the ladder RWs are enabled...

OH BOY.... just created an Insight in an unmodified 1.13!!!! I'm seriously pleased they've added RWM and RRM functionality into the game.

Do. Not. Like.

Seriously, they just removed many of the things that made players think. They haven't mentioned fixing a few key bugs either, like Cloak of Shadows crashing the game in certain areas, or the Inferno damage bug.

The respect idea is terrible. I initially thought that you could change three skillpoints total. So, for example, I could put a point in Meditation early and then remove it once I got an Insight polearm. But apparently you can reset all of them. Just kooky....We can't really frown upon it in general SP play either. It's completely supported by the game. I will, however, most likely ban this in tournaments. Although actually, this option does create more possibilities for tournaments...

OH BOY.... just created an Insight in an unmodified 1.13!!!! I'm seriously pleased they've added RWM and RRM functionality into the game.

...anybody have a keyset lying around to test?

That's interesting Aconite, as it seems to imply other realm-only stuff could reasonably be in SP without it saying so in the patch notes.

I guess the jury's still out.

Edit: Or just what Low Key said. I have no keys unfortunately, but someone test asap :)

If they added rwm functionality and didn't say anything about it in the patch notes, perhaps they also added ubers to sp? Wishful thinking, I suppose, but it's definitely good that they thought about us a little bit.

Edit: once posted, twice bested. Jeez. Type faster, JayGun!

That's interesting Aconite, as it seems to imply other realm-only stuff could reasonably be in SP without it saying so in the patch notes.

I guess the jury's still out.

Edit: Or just what Low Key said. I have no keys unfortunately, but someone test asap :)

Can someone else confirm my result? I replaced the single modified file (Diablo II Patch (Carbon)) with the original to get the 1.13 patch to install and I *think* that was the only changed file, but it has been so long since I installed RWM/RRM on my Mac.... I'd hate to be misleading people... anyone on Windows care to double check this?

Interesting... yes... I've not got any keys, but this does warrant testing.

Does this mean the single player trading pool will collapse down to just a vanilla pool?

With 1.13 there is no need to run RWM or a rune color mod.

Does this mean the single player trading pool will collapse down to just a vanilla pool?

With 1.13 there is no need to run RWM or a rune color mod.

If nothing else, this is very, very, very good. Though we are very likely to see a 1.12 vs. 1.13 divide instead.

I have a key of Terror and Key of Hate, if anybody has a key of destruction I could send them over and we could find out...

Also can we get a second person to confirm that ladder runewords have been implemented?

I agree that respecing is cheesy, but I'm surprised to see how upset people are considering the other things that are condoned here (e.g. ebugging, installing older versions to bring forward overpowered items, HF rushing with hacked dll).

Seems like it.. Wow, just what I did NOT need now, the damn patch coming out and I'm trying to stay away from the game, if they enabled ubers in SP..I'm a lost soul :)

I wouldn't be to alarmed about the changes yet, its very possible a lot of the stuff will be changed till the final patch comes out. Due to blizzards nature I think they might have buffed some skills just to annoy people and will fix them later :D

Relearning everything is seriously retarded. 1skill/5stats per difficulty does sound reasonable so you wont have to plan your character for hours in fear of making one tiny stats mistake that will irritate you forever :p

I agree that respecing is cheesy, but I'm surprised to see how upset people are considering the other things that are condoned here (e.g. ebugging, installing older versions to bring forward overpowered items, HF rushing with hacked dll).

The thing is the unlike most of those things, respeccing has a huge impact on normal gameplay, not just end game optimization.

Any word on when this patch becomes "official"? I'm really intrigued.

On the subject of "increased rune drops"... if they multiply the drop rate by 8 as in 8 times as many, all that would do is shift the rarity up by 3 runes. Bers would be where Ohms currently are... and I've yet to see an Ohm drop. I'd even bet a factor of 25 wouldn't make "rare" runes all that common.

My opinion regarding these things:

respecing is lame, but won't be frowned upon at all like how ebugging and modified dll's etc is frowned upon by some. Just because it's an "update" we'd have liked to not see, doesn't mean it'll be shunned.

I believe there won't be a 1.12 vs 1.13 rift in the trading pool. I haven't been around long enough to see any new patches apart from 1.11b -> 1.12a, but from what I understand, people just eventually play the newest patch. Of course there will be (and still are) trade threads for older versions, but it won't be a big deal, just like 1.09 trade threads aren't ruining the SP trading community right now.

I made 99 with my first D2 char in 1.09 (druid ofc). Now I can change his name with ATMA and respec all the terrible stat point flubs. Ridiculousness or ridiculous awesomeness? Will make leveling characters much easier too. I'll just play a Hammerdin until I want my end game Martyr... :p :zomg:

At least Werebears finally get a boost. That news is music to my ears. The colored runes and increased drop rates are also pretty gg.

@ Dash- Blood Golems 4 life!11

Also can we get a second person to confirm that ladder runewords have been implemented?

Someone please do this and confirm my result... I'm at the point where I am considered reinstalling from scratch to confirm it (and that means downloading the OS X Installer again) - it'll take me at least 30 minutes to get a clean D2 install.... surely someone can knock together an Insight quicker than that? :jig:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High