1.13 Public Test Realm online!

Re: 1.13 Public Test Realm online!

Ah, alright. I just had this gnawing feeling.
I've gotten no Els and very very few Elds so far with the main chunk being ral-sol or somewhere there about.

@jjscud: Oh, well, then I shoulnd't feel bad about my 210 runs at all then. I've just been unlucky. I'll keep on rolling and soon I'll have a few new runewords.

I have installed 1.13b recently, and I would like to be able to use the Rune Word Mod. Does this mod require its own dedicated version, or will the 1.12a version that is linked in the Help thread sticky still work?

I've searched through the SPF sticky, the Help sticky, and I tried the search function, but I haven't been able to find any answers. Have I just overlooked something somewhere, or can I just use the 1.12 rune word mod in 1.13?

Somewhere on one of the pages in this topic there is an update of one of the files for 1.12 RWM ( IIRC ), that makes it work with 1.13. Mind you, it does work without update for most of the runewords... except for some obscure one.

I suggest you to go some pages back...

I've searched through the SPF sticky, the Help sticky, and I tried the search function, but I haven't been able to find any answers. Have I just overlooked something somewhere, or can I just use the 1.12 rune word mod in 1.13?

You should try using google to search on this forum. I can't quite remember what you needed to write but mattinm was the one who suggest it. Google is apparently waay better at searching than the search function on this forum (which is quite abysmal to be honest).

[BLUE="http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23766799033&sid=3000"]We will be resetting the Diablo II ladder on March 23 with the release of patch 1.13. We anticipate all Diablo II realms to be down for approximately six hours during the reset. More specific information on realm availability on the day of the reset will be posted in the Battle.net Status forum. When the ladder is reset, all existing ladder characters will be converted to non-ladder. All characters and items being converted to non-ladder will remain intact, but once converted these characters will no longer have access to ladder content such as creating ladder-only rune words. For more information on ladder characters please visit the Arreat Summit Realm Character Types page at http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/charactertypes.shtml[/BLUE]

Looks like with the reset of the ladder on b.net, we will be seeing the final patch for 1.13

EDIT: Pwned by SnickerSnack!

Last edited:

Bugger, I'd just gone back to my project. :whistling: But seriously, who thinks the SPers will get anything new? Or old? I live in hope. At the very least, please fix the known bugs! Please!

Meh, I don't mind if anything earth shattering crops up that specifically relates to SP. If they were to fix the implementation of simply pressing enter to create a Hell game, however, that would be nice, and enough to satisfy me. I would obviously prefer all RW to be active within SP natively, so there wouldn't be a need for separate 1.13+ trade pools (well, I guess people *could* still use CRM/RRM, but it would seem rather pointless).

I just can't wait for the new ladder to start and hopefully spark some interest in an SPF ladder, as was proposed earlier. I really, really look forward to starting from scratch, and trading with people that have done the same. I guess I'll have to jump online for a while to get my fix if a solid SC FAM ladder doesn't crop up here.

Hmmnnn ... might have to utilize some vacation time when the patch comes out ... need some high runes baby! :whistling:

For me I'm quite happy with the changes that are now to be honest.

Yes, it would be nice with ladder runewords without using RWM and a few of those things but nothing big really.
Ubers and SuperDiablo (whatever he's called) would be nice aswell but I doubt that they're getting activated in SP. Ever.

I just can't wait for the new ladder to start and hopefully spark some interest in an SPF ladder, as was proposed earlier. I really, really look forward to starting from scratch, and trading with people that have done the same. I guess I'll have to jump online for a while to get my fix if a solid SC FAM ladder doesn't crop up here.

We both know that you will be playing HC ladder, don`t try to get out of it:)

I`m looking forward to a restart myself (keeping one of each SU in a separate stash for the grail:)) as I simply adore the thrill of finding new stuff.

They had better enable bnet-only content for SP, otherwise I'll be sorely disappointed. I mean, is there any reason not to, aside from the 10 minutes it takes?
But alas, unless this qualifies as 'extremely minimal', we're not going to see it this patch.

They had better enable bnet-only content for SP, otherwise I'll be sorely disappointed. I mean, is there any reason not to, aside from the 10 minutes it takes?
But alas, unless this qualifies as 'extremely minimal', we're not going to see it this patch.

Yes, there is. They want us to play online, not offline.

I know that I am getting paranoid and I did get Ber and Ohm from Travincal in about 10 runs when I first upgraded, but now, for the last 3 or 4 of days it's kinda bad. And I've run a lot ( enough to take my Barb from 83 to 88 ) - highest is Pul ( which is not that bad, admittedly ).

I know that the odds are still quite low, but just to be on the safe side:

jjscud posted here the explanation and test.

My questions are:

1. If what jjscud is saying is indeed correct and the most common reason for the incorrect drop odds is the incorrect shortcut ( -direct -txt ), shouldn't having that shortcut lead to NOT having RRW, thus making it kinda easy to spot?

2. The proposed test seems kinda inconclusive to me. So if I ran the Countess for 20 runs and got only 1 El - I am all good?

3. All the bin files are recreated ( after deleting them ) - so that should be another proof of the correct odds being applied?

4. I see that the bin files in RRW folder are getting updated on every save - is this normal or can it actually be bad?

EDIT: also found a Gul about a week ago.

Last edited:

1. If what jjscud is saying is indeed correct and the most common reason for the incorrect drop odds is the incorrect shortcut ( -direct -txt ), shouldn't having that shortcut lead to NOT having RRW, thus making it kinda easy to spot?

No. The one I did see was "-direct txt". The two different parts do two different things. "-direct" tells it to use the datafiles and "-txt" compiles the .txt files to .bin files.

So having it incorrect (at least certain mistakes) would definitely leave you with RRM, CRM, and RWM all working fine but old rune drop odds.

2. The proposed test seems kinda inconclusive to me. So if I ran the Countess for 20 runs and got only 1 El - I am all good?

That's very conclusive. You're good.

3. All the bin files are recreated ( after deleting them ) - so that should be another proof of the correct odds being applied?

Yes

4. I see that the bin files in RRW folder are getting updated on every save - is this normal or can it actually be bad?

That's normal when you have the full "-direct -txt".

Technically you could just run with "-direct" and would only need to use "-txt" to recompile the files when patches are updated or you change you RRM/CRM/RWM setup, but the computer cycles are so cheap its not worth worrying about.

And just as a reference, mine is also fine, and I'm near 800 p3 trav runs with Lem being my highest rune.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High