1.13 Public Test Realm online!

Re: 1.13 Public Test Realm online!

As an odd side effect though, everything was lowered so much that is somewhat unlikely to make it to the bottom of the list so El is rarer than Hel now.

Damn, I knew I should've picked up and stashed some Els :p. For some reason I get more and more the impression that those guys, who are working on that patch, have no idea what they're doing.

P.S.: I guess the drop change of runes will change all the patterns in LK again?

"Less than El, more than Zod" is starting to make sense now it seems :)

Is it confirmed that rune drops have been further increased since the last beta? I actually won't mind that, as long as they aren't so common that they start dropping left and right. It just means more playing and less running for me, which should equal more fun.

I agree, and I think that over time the SP community will evolve with this new change. It really is unreasonable that zod was basically impossible to drop in 1.11. That said, now that we have access to better items, gieb diablo clone and ubers please!

I agree, and I think that over time the SP community will evolve with this new change. It really is unreasonable that zod was basically impossible to drop in 1.11. That said, now that we have access to better items, gieb diablo clone and ubers please!

Then please help posting in the PTR forum! I already bumped an older thread...

Still, I can't find any evidence about the rune drops being increased further. Any quote/link/whatever to it would be greatly appreciated! :scratchchin:

Arkardo - I believe jjscud is garnering this info directly from the code and not from release notes. I could be wrong though.

That being said, I may convert a char to 1.13b to see how bad it is...

Uhm, *something* changed.
My javazons cowlevel is 100% identical to the previous one, except... The cow kings pen has moved.
To confirm it, I restored the backup I made and started a game in the first 1.13 beta - sure enough, it was back in it's usual spot. Updated to the new beta and it moved again.

El is rarer than Hel now you say? I like that change! :crazyeyes:
I hope that crafting runes aren't rarer now.

Bnet doesn't seem to like how I rename different version folders to the main path in order to swap versions and is making me reinstall again. I kept a special untampered 1.13 folder for the PTR even though I never played after the first day but using that says "unrecognized version". At least my disk images make it fast to reinstall.

Part 2:
Installation finished before I actually got around to posting. :D
The 1.13 installer had a bit of trouble but killing the game.exe process in the task manager solved that.

- Fixed an issue where some players could kill other players while in town
("TPPK").

hmmmm, if this IS true, i will make a HC char.

- Fixed an issue where auras were not re-applied to your mercenary after
it was resurrected.

I hated this!

What I wrote above was again wrong. This time I manually went in to ATMA, using the text file from 1.13a and the text file from 1.13b, and dividing the odds in 1.13b by the odds in 1.13b, for each rune Um and above.

For Um to Zod inclusive (haven't checked lower ones), it's a 4x across the board increase from 1.13a->1.13b. So, if we estimate a 2.5x overall high rune increase from 1.12a->1.13a (some runes in 1.13a were increased more than others, ranging from Ohm (1.77x iirc) to Zod (4x), 2.5x total is a rough estimate), we have roughly a 10x increase from 1.12a->1.13b in terms of high runes.

TL;DR Version: Rune drops were increased 4x from 1.13a->1.13b

What I wrote above was again wrong. This time I manually went in to ATMA, using the text file from 1.13a and the text file from 1.13b, and dividing the odds in 1.13b by the odds in 1.13b, for each rune Um and above.

For Um to Zod inclusive (haven't checked lower ones), it's a 4x across the board increase from 1.13a->1.13b. So, if we estimate a 2.5x overall high rune increase from 1.12a->1.13a (some runes in 1.13a were increased more than others, ranging from Ohm (1.77x iirc) to Zod (4x), 2.5x total is a rough estimate), we have roughly a 10x increase from 1.12a->1.13b in terms of high runes.

TL;DR Version: Rune drops were increased 4x from 1.13a->1.13b

So now it is even cooler! :yes:

So now it is even cooler! :yes:

Some of us might disagree :badteeth:. I liked the 1.13a drop rates, I thought they were just right, now it should be very easy to get high runes.

Anyways, a new RWM is needed since Principle was fixed (very minor change). This one is unofficial, but hopefully Thy/Poops won't ban me for it:

1.13b RWM

EDIT: I haven't tested it, I have also PMed it to Thyiad.

Also note that the old RWM should work just fine, but the bug with the Principle runeword will persist through 1.13b (the +life/+% damage to undead didn't work) if you use the old RWM. But, who cares about Principle anyway?

EDIT2: Bare-bones installation instructions - replace old Runes.txt file with new one, wherever your RWM is installed (data/global/excel), i.e. delete old one (may want to keep a backup) and put the new one in.

Last edited:

The rune drop changes are cool and the 4x decrease in the number of rolls to drop to a lower rune tier has interesting effects.

1.13b Rune drop odds when rolling from a [highlight]Zod capable monster[/highlight].

EDIT making things clearer:
Odds for each rune when a monster capable of dropping a Zod decides to drop a rune.
Code:
Rune		1.13b Chance (1 in X)		1.10 Chance (1 in X)
Zod			5171.0			82722.0
Cham			1981.4			23637.3
Jah			1320.9			15758.2
Ber			1475.8			13510.7
Sur			983.9			9007.1
Lo			1091.4			7723.0
Ohm			727.6			5148.6
Vex			766.5			4415.6
Gul			511.0			2943.7
Ist			540.4			2525.7
Mal			360.3			1683.8
Um			367.6			1445.8
Pul			245.0			963.8
Lem			186.3			725.4
Fal			124.2			483.6
Ko			95.8			365.2
Lum			63.8			243.5
Io			50.5			185.1
Hel			33.7			123.4
Dol			28.1			95.1
Shael			18.7			63.4
Sol			16.8			50.2
Amn			11.2			33.5
Thul			13.0			30.7
Ort			8.7			20.5
Ral			13.0			21.5
Tal			8.7			14.3
Ith			18.6			17.9
Eth			12.4			11.9
Nef			26.0			12.5
Tir			17.4			8.4
Eld			65.1			7.0
El			43.4			4.6

Those are some significant improvements for high runes. I think I will actually get to make a Beast rather than quitting in the attempt. :D

Woohoo! I can do more crafting because Ral's are more common.

Even with these chances for El runes my 1300 or whatever El runes stashed away are still useless. :p

Last edited:

I like the new rune drop odds. If It means more time playing and less running for runes :)

How about the installation? It's the same as the 1.13a? Just connect to battle.net?

I'll have both 1.13a and 1.13b for a few days ;)

I wonder now if the Countess will start coughing up those Ist and Lo instead of El and Tir.

- Rune drops increased so people with families have a hope of finding anything higher than Um... check, check, and check again

- No stupid Lightning Mastery nerf... check

- Gloam Lightning damage fixed... uncheck, but at least it isn't the ludicrous situation of nerfing the boss but leaving the minions at full power (I don't know why this can't be fixed, the uber damage is a result of the game reading from the wrong column in MonStats.txt, which one would think is a very simple fix)

- Bow AR bug fixed... uncheck

- A whole slew of other annoying bugs fixed (e.g. Mana Burn)... uncheck

Heck, who am I kidding. The Runes thing has won me over. I suspect an update will be in order rather soon.

Just to confirm, this is a second beta release?

What implications will these new drop odds have on LK running? Is LK even worth running anymore now that we can get high runes more frequently in normal gameplay? What /players setting would work best now?

For the moment, I will stop LK running until someone does the research. I will continue with my poisonmancer in Hell for now. Who knows, maybe I will get a high rune as I play. :)

What implications will these new drop odds have on LK running? Is LK even worth running anymore now that we can get high runes more frequently in normal gameplay? What /players setting would work best now?

For the moment, I will stop LK running until someone does the research. I will continue with my poisonmancer in Hell for now. Who knows, maybe I will get a high rune as I play. :)

I doubt jjscud will even bother doing the research (and I hope he doesn't, just to make things a little more fun), as the drop rates are so high now, you can just play the game to get runes. Cows and Travincal most likely blow LK out of the water when it comes to high runes in 1.13b anyways.

For anyone who does want the LK patterns, maybe just research the old fashioned way ^^

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High