1.13 Public Test Realm online!

Re: 1.13 Public Test Realm online!

I got a question

This was probably already mentioned earlier but i am too lazy to look for it. Anyway, if I Join a PTR game in Bnet, will it automatically upgrade the SP chars to 1.13?

I got a question

This was probably already mentioned earlier but i am too lazy to look for it. Anyway, if I Join a PTR game in Bnet, will it automatically upgrade the SP chars to 1.13?

You don't even need to join a game... just connect to it and SP will be updated.

Another question... I'm getting two problems with 1.13 and was hoping there were fixes.

1) No text on the quest... just a blank line. Others have had this, yet I've seen people who have the text. Is there a fix?

2) Esscenses are dropping as "An Evil Force", like the keys before them. Any way to fix this?

@Shags: Are you running from your RWM shortcut? The line where respec should be in Akara's dialog window would be blank(but functional) when I ran the game from that. I used my b.net shortcut for 1.13.

I got a question

No it won't. If you don't open the character in 1.13 it will not upgrade. Never has.

Ulla

You don't even need to join a game... just connect to it and SP will be updated.

Another question... I'm getting two problems with 1.13 and was hoping there were fixes.

1) No text on the quest... just a blank line. Others have had this, yet I've seen people who have the text. Is there a fix?

2) Esscenses are dropping as "An Evil Force", like the keys before them. Any way to fix this?
Asked and answered :)

Edit. And by Pijus as well.

EightDigitSin said:
Characters are upgraded upon loading them in a game. Simply updating your game version won't do anything to your characters until you make or join a game with them.

I tried searching the thread, but got nothing:

Is the infinite gold cheat code working in SP? Or is that only on the test realm?

I'm guessing that it's only on bnet.

I tried searching the thread, but got nothing:

Is the infinite gold cheat code working in SP? Or is that only on the test realm?

I'm guessing that it's only on bnet.

The Gold #, Level # and waypoints1 commands are PTR only.

Seriously, has anyone actually gotten Diablo's essence? I'm thinking Blizz is playing a trick on me.

Nope not here.

Essences seem like they're set to about 1 in 5 tries, at least on /players1. It's not unlikely to see someone go 20 tries without a 1 in 5 happening though, especially when there's lots of people trying, and everyone is paying attention.

I haven't gotten an essence from Diablo or Baal yet, but I've only killed them each about 10 times so far in 1.13, so that doesn't surprise me.

I have found 59 essences from Andariel in 313 kills so far, though, which surprised me a bit. Pretty close to 1:5; sometimes she drops two in the same kill. Could that drop rate be due to the quest drop bug? I never really looked up the precise difference between the quest drop and normal drop. :p

Essences seem like they're set to about 1 in 5 tries, at least on /players1. It's not unlikely to see someone go 20 tries without a 1 in 5 happening though, especially when there's lots of people trying, and everyone is paying attention.

I got several Andariel, Mephisto and Baal essences in a few runs, it just seems odd that Diablo won't give his up. But but.

EDIT: Jinx jinx, it dropped.

Last edited:

I was just reading some d2 related new, and someone in the comments posted this:

But anyway, the last comment from Bashiok gives us hope for more patches and hope is good. its like magic finding runs. you run to hell meph (bashiok) over and over in hope of some new items you never gotten before. and the idea with "you never know when the next good thing is gonna pop up" is what keeps us going :)

I think it's a brilliant thought :D

I was just reading some d2 related new, and someone in the comments posted this:

I think it's a brilliant thought :D

Yep. I still have not lost my hope to get Ubers in SP :yes: As a dedication to that I am leveling a FanaZealer at the moment hoping someday he will become useful again :crazyeyes:

upgrade notes said:
-Hydra - Increased base damage by 15% per rank.
-Hydra - Increased base speed of Hydra projectile.
-Hydra - Reduced cooldown by 25%.

Has anyone played around with a Hydra sorc in 1.13 yet?

If the skill changes are as good as they sound on the surface, I'm wondering if Dragonscale actually makes a Hydradin a semi-viable build now... :scratchchin:

I haven't upped to 1.13, but from what I hear, the projectiles are slower, not faster. So it's a harder hitting projectile that misses moving targets more often. Don't know about cooldown.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High