1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Ouch - killing mobs a couple at a time - not fun for me. That is one of the main reasons I don't like playing Zealers/Chargers/Zerkers/Smiters/Conc etc characters!

Long live Mass Destruction.

(Also one of the main reasons I don't like WoW and others like it - killing 1 mob at a time sends me to sleep.)

I agree that some of the single target skills can seem very slow (especially the pally ones that have to go on left click), but it can make for a nice change of pace. I also think you'd be suprised by how quick a zealer or well equipped FC bear can kill things (never underestimate things that can one hit KO and attack at 4 frames).

@Squatman: Would you mind posting what kind of damage you get with that setup? Thanks

@ Yiuman Here is the damage information.
Zeal Damage - 274-538
Zeal Attack Rating - 3458
Defense - 1121
Stamina - 424
Life - 1359
Mana - 161

(9) points not used.

I'm making a multi/strafe zon (currently in Act5 normal) using the arctic set (I want to see how far I can go with this set, I'm pretty sure I can at least complete normal and with some +dmg charms I should be able to go some way through NM) and now I've got the socketing quest from Larzuk, I'm wondering what to put in it. My options are
1) Sheal (this one would have to wait a little till I hit level 29 - currently at 24)
2) Pskull (this character has a serious blue pot habit and no other source of mana leech, but not sure if 3% would even make a dent)
3) Some other gem/rune for extra elemental damage.

What do you reckon?

Edit: Other gear is sigons boots/helm and some crappy rare/magic jewelery that I've picked up on the way.

Long time since I played so I figured I'd start with 1.07

I started with a werewolf as I hadn't seen much written about them in 1.07
This means I've got to think on the fly.

So far I'm at lvl 35 in Act1 NM and pumping up fury. I'm not looking forward to the physical resists in Hell but I'll enjoy my time in NM.

Notable finds...

Bloodletter (no + barb skills)
I crafted a nifty Cathan's Sigil Amulet

Cathan's Sigil
Amulet
Required Level: 11
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0xd339d9b
Fire Resist +30%
Lightning Resist +35%
Cold Resist +26%
Poison Resist +50%
10% Faster Hit Recovery
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 5

Does this amulet stay the same once I upgrade to later versions?

Cathan's Sigil
Amulet
Item Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0xd339d9b
Fire Resist +30%
Lightning Resist +35%
Cold Resist +26%
Poison Resist +50%
10% Faster Hit Recovery
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 5

Does this amulet stay the same once I upgrade to later versions?

Nice ammy.

Yes it will stay the same.

I don't mean to spam, but that amulet is absolutely sick.

But, and excuse my ignorance here, did you say you crafted it? Does that mean you can craft sets in .07?

Firstly, let me welcome a new player, Yobbo (and pancakeman?) to the wonderful world of 1.07. May all your racks drop green and gold.

He means that he used the prismatic ammy cube recipe. In 1.07 the resistance rings and prismatic ammys have a chance to spawn as sets/uniques with added res. I burned a lot of gems last night trying to get a SoJ with added res, but no luck.

Yobbo's amulet is particularly good because he got good rolls on all added the resistance mods. IIRC, each one gets between 6-36 and poison gets two (so 12- 72). And to confirm DD, yes it will stay the same in later versions.

If you get lucky you can get a Tal's ammy with added res.... drool.

For lots of good info about 1.07 I recommend reading Repusz's guide and my addendum (sorry about the self promotion). There are links to both on the first page of this post.

@Yobbo: Keep us up to date with your wolf. Just a couple of points. Spirits are capped at 20 (this was only fixed in 1.10 IIRC), so you might want to hold off maxing them until you know how many +skills you will be getting. Other than that, one advantage of a wolf is that the build is pretty similar to a wolf in later versions, so if you want you can move him to later patches (although I hope you never do (in a good way)).

Thanks for the quick response.

This ammy will be treasured as the level requirements are so low.

My apologies for using the term craft. Believe it or not the first time I tried the prismatic ammy recipe I got this. Not much luck after that however.

This ammy will be treasured as the level requirements are so low.
Another reason why this recipe has been hit with the ban stick after patch 1.07.

Good job on that amulet. I'm saving up many PGems in 1.07 for exactly the kind of amulet you crafted. I'd love to get one of those myself, since Cathan's is standard part of my 1.11 twink gear. I did manage to cube a +27% poison res. Cathan's seal by cubing away a few emeralds that were clogging up my inventory space.

@ Yiuman will I have have trouble rack running in LK with my level 91 paladin?

No. I usually start racking around level 60, as soon as I get to LK, so you'll be fine at 91. Good luck finding a good rack.

Have you done any racking before? If not, I recommend that you re-read the racking section of the 1.07 guide.

On a slightly different note, if you can do it, racking in Nili's temple may be better for you for the simple reason that there are two items (sacred armor and thunder mauls) that can't drop their set/unique versions in LK, but for every other item, LK is fine, and its alot easier (I think) to get a good map).

Do you have a point in vigor? That could speed things up nicely (if not, you could easily shop a scepter with +vigor and use that).

Edit: Did you also know that you are now the perfect level to craft amulets? You really want +3 to individual skill trees with other good mods. Happy crafting.

This seems like the place to ask.

I remember reading once that bringing 1.07 pally shields forward to 1.11 gives shields with lesser stats than their 1.10 counterparts. Maybe it's only true for eth shields? Is this true, or am I just losing my mind (again)?

1.07 Ethereal works a little different.

For weapons, the 50% dmg bonus is added on top of any present ed% instead of working on the base first, and they get the +50% max dmg as well (which adds to any present ed% in any version). When upgrading to higher versions the etherealness changes to fit that version, but the +50% max dmg stays.
Armor just gets the +50% as plain enhanced defense. I actually can't remember if this is changed when upgrading.

1.07 Paladin shields have significantly lower defense, which stays when upgrading. Block percentages also differ, but do change.

Clvl 91 in 1.07 is impressive, where did you level?

Cathan's Seal
Ring
Item Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x63f4cd9d
Damage Reduced by 2
Lightning Resist +26%
6% Life stolen per hit

RTB I was thinking of trying for a Cathan's ring such as that. Trying to get the ultimate Cathan's set!!

A thought... A nice prismatic Tancred's ammy would be great for MFing if one was to roll one of those.

Second edit... I was using the Staff of Kings to twink my Werewolf through and finally found something better. So I thought I'd try to craft it using the blood recipe. It worked! Not the greatest stats but it's neat!

Horadric Staff
Two-Hand Damage: 17 to 28
Durability: 46 of 50
Required Strength: 30
Staff Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Level: 23
Fingerprint: 0x2d8c2198
+23 to Life
+10 to Mana
+42% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +10%
Lightning Resist +10%
Cold Resist +10%
Poison Resist +35%
4% Life stolen per hit
50% Increased Attack Speed
150% Damage to Undead

Last edited:
RTB I was thinking of trying for a Cathan's ring such as that. Trying to get the ultimate Cathan's set!!

A thought... A nice prismatic Tancred's ammy would be great for MFing if one was to roll one of those.

I'd rather have the angelics as that could be endgame stuff - I have this which is a good start:

Angelic Halo
Ring
Required Level: 12
Item Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x648b34ca
+20 to Life
Lightning Resist +31%
Replenish Life +6

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+756 to Attack Rating (12 per Character Level)
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
***Partial Set Item Bonuses***

@RTB I leveled inthe Crystalline Passage, Glazier Trail, & Ancient Passages. was a long slow process, however I did find Griswold's Heart armor.

I wish we had a summary of decent builds for 1.07. I can't do another orb sorc or barb.

Were trapspins able to kill in hell? Did the blender build work at that point?
It doesn't look like druid elemental skills do much damage.

Any suggestions are welcome.

I wish we had a summary of decent builds for 1.07. I can't do another orb sorc or barb.

Were trapspins able to kill in hell? Did the blender build work at that point?
It doesn't look like druid elemental skills do much damage.

Any suggestions are welcome.

I don't know about the assassin builds you mention as I've never played an assassin in 1.07, but I'd imagine death sentry pretty much rocks as you are forced to play at P1

LF zons are pretty good, esp as the physical damage from the jav is added to the damage (I've also noticed that if you have cold damage on your jav, all the monsters hit by LF turn blue - which is nice). If you get your hands on a decent bow, stafers are pretty good too (for decent bow read 'crafted hydra bow').

Wereform druids work too (fury wolf, maul bear). Bear in mind though that spirits are capped at 20 (including +skills).

Zealots can work - not at their 1.10 effectiveness, as zeal only gives AR and holy shield only works on the defense of the shield, but with a decent weapon can be pretty good - note: you can 'flash' auras in 1.07 so having fanat/conviction/holy shock all maxed isn't such a bad idea.

I don't know if there is any 'good' skill for a necro (skellies are pretty weak compared to their 1.10 counterparts) but as for death sentry, corpse explosion could be a decimating skill.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High