1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Dude, Hellfire was great. I remember wishing they would bring back the Monk class for D2. This game needs a kung-fu master.

Hellfire was indeed great, I've actually got a bard going ATM, recently shopped her a jesters sword of swiftness. Happy days. I'm thinking I may one day put together a D1:Hellfire themed sext (there are only 6 characters in D1:Hellfire).

In more important news, I've been off the forum for a while due to the birth of my son, at a very respectable 9lb2oz. I'm kinda thinking he might eat into my D2 time...... well at least until he is old enough to MP with me! Lol.

In more important news, I've been off the forum for a while due to the birth of my son, at a very respectable 9lb2oz. I'm kinda thinking he might eat into my D2 time...... well at least until he is old enough to MP with me! Lol.

Woooot! Gratz! I think you will find that your D2 time becomes more limited - but well worth it!

I noticed you hadn't posted for a while and wondered what was going on.

9lb2oz is a big baby - my daughter was 6lb6oz.

:baby:

BTW can you suggest a place I can pick up Hellfire - there seems to be a few versions around and somewhat confusing for me. Also should I start in Hellfire - or do the the full D1 ->Hellfire route?

Thanks for the congratz. Congratz on your daughter too - I think she is a recent addition too?

I'd suggest ebay for Hellfire, or try google.

Go straight to Hellfire - Hellfire is a lot like LOD in the way that it adds an extra area plus some extra characters to the game.

Not that recent - she is 2y3months now - but we are expecting a new child in November/December.

Have recently started up 1.07 myself lost all my character because I forgot to take a backup when I boght a new computer so started up a sorc a couple of days ago, she is currently lvl 31 and wandering around in act1 NM.

And sometimes I start up good 'ol 1.00 becuase it's so fun to play that version WW with a pike is awesome and necros are soo powerful.

And I laugh everytime you get hit by a snake in claw viper temple and you start moonwalking:grin:

Maybe time to fire it up yet again

Nothing much,I made a LF/strafe hybrid zon and boy does she own cows and non LI group.I was planning to use the skystrike and strafe for LI's, but it turned even LF works better(i have 70% CB and LF carries the phys damage).Jab is gg against single targets aswell.

@Alien sent me teh .dll thingy yet?I'd want to start my new racker soon(FW/Blizz sorc) but dont want to go through the pain of lower levels anymore so was planning to rush her with my LFzon and level her in cows with the LFzon.

Sorry for the delay Naab - will be on its way to you tomorrow, I had to borrow a USB drive from someone so I can copy it! Haven't finished unpacking yet.

Still at level 90 with my frost zelot paladin. Trying to reach level 91 but the going is slow.

Still at level 90 with my frost zelot paladin. Trying to reach level 91 but the going is slow.

Lol, nice pun. Seriously though, level 90 - thats no mean feat in 1.07. Respect. How do you find a frost pally in 1.07? I tried a fanat pally, but didn't really get on with it too well (I've got addicted to right click attacks - having to use left click just feels wrong now).

@AlienBoyz: Been taking a small break from 1.07, having a baby in RL combined with two racks (russet armor and devil star) that after 2000 runs have still shown me no love meant that I needed a break for my sanity. I may return soon. :grin:

@Naab: If AlienBoyz hasn't sent you that .dll file yet, you can get it at the Phrozen Keep - the 1.09 one works for 1.07.

Can you class attacks as right/left click?

Simply put, yes. More correctly its a bit more complicated.

All attacks can go on the right click, but not all can go on the left. In the case of paladins, the auras all have to go on the right meaning that your attacks (zeal etc) have to go on the left, whereas barbs using frenzy etc can put it on right click.

The advantage of having your attack on right click is that you don't actually have to click on the mobs to attack them, you can just move around (using right click) and when you get in range you automatically start attacking.

@ Yiuman: I love the Frost Paladin. I used "Kitaria's" guide in molding my character. I thought I would be finding more high end equipment & runes by this time, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

@ Yiuman: I love the Frost Paladin. I used "Kitaria's" guide in molding my character. I thought I would be finding more high end equipment & runes by this time, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Ok, just to check - you are playing in 1.07 right? IIRC, Kitaria's guide was for 1.10+. The skills distribution would be quite different (no synergies for starters).
Also, you know that high end equipment doesn't drop in 1.07, it has to be racked which is a long slow process?

If you haven't read it already, the 1.07 guide: http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472485 and my addendum to the guide: http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=575208 have a lot of info about getting the most out of 1.07.

Sorry if I'm telling you things you already know, just I'd hate for you to be wasting your time. The main reasons as far as I'm concerned for getting into the 90s in 1.07 are bragging rights (it is quite an achievement) and crafting.

@ Yiuman: Yes I know the guide was not for 1.07 but I tried it anyway. I also know high end equipment has to be racked. I was going to run the racks in LK after I reached level 91. Thanks for your help & input.

@ Yiuman: Yes I know the guide was not for 1.07 but I tried it anyway. I also know high end equipment has to be racked. I was going to run the racks in LK after I reached level 91. Thanks for your help & input.

Glad to hear it. 91 is also a great level to start crafting amulets as well as you have a chance of getting +3 tree skills. If you can stomach it, getting to 93 would give you the chance of getting all the available unique jewelery with added res using the resistance cube recipies.

Just out of interest, what is your skill/equipment setup? I'm considering an elemental zealot as my next character (if I can just get over that left click thing...).

@ Yiuman: Skills are:
Sacrifice - 23
Smite & Holybolt - 4 ea
Zeal - 23
Charge & BH - 4 ea.
Holy Shield - 8
Might, Holy Fire, Thorns - 3 ea.
Holy Freeze - 22
Resist Cold - 12
Salvation - 15

Equipment:
Guillaums w/ P Topaz
Atlantean Sword ( +2 Skills )
Rune Torc Amulet - ( Pois Res 20%; Cold Res 20%, Light Res 53%
Fire Res 33%, adds 1-5 fire dam, 28% extra gold )
Rattlecage ( 25% CB )
Godly Akaran Rondache Of Amelioration - ( 4 sockets )
pois length reduced by 50%, req -15, 148% ED, all resistances * 63, *92 AR, Attacked takes dam of 20
M'Avina's Icy Clutch Gauntlets
Angelic Ring, Ring Of Performance ( *13 to min dam )
Wihlem's Pride Battle Belt
Im King War Boots
Fleshreinder On Switch
Various Charms ( 1 w/ +1 to combat skills )

If there are any other questions just ask.

Ouch - killing mobs a couple at a time - not fun for me. That is one of the main reasons I don't like playing Zealers/Chargers/Zerkers/Smiters/Conc etc characters!

Long live Mass Destruction.

(Also one of the main reasons I don't like WoW and others like it - killing 1 mob at a time sends me to sleep.)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High