1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Hehe :D

Alright, I'll just dump this before I head off for work. I couldn't help myself and made a start last night.
Also, I'll just preface this by saying that this is an early/a hasty conclusion and I totally might've missed something.

So anyway: It looks like items with a quality level of 65 and above do not use character level.
There's definitely a hint of a formula, quite possibly it's pretty similar to the 1.09 formula even, but it's definitely not the same.
Either the 1.07 crafting code was just not finished, or there's a bug somewhere. Or maybe this was actually intentional, who knows..

The main reason I'm already posting this is because maybe someone smarter than I can deduct a formula from this, I certainly couldn't figure it out yesterday. Otherwise, I would gladly take suggestions on how to go about further testing.
I'm not specifically going for the ilvl crafting bug, but rather "the facts" about crafting in general.

The following is a partial list of results, left is the quality level, right is the maximum affix level that could spawn:
q[65] = a[53]
q[66] = a[54]
q[67] = a[56]
q[68] = a[57]
q[69] = a[59]
q[70] = a[60]
q[71] = a[62]
q[72] = a[63]
q[73] = a[65]
q[74] = a[66]
q[75] = a[68]
q[76] = a[69]
q[77] = a[71]
q[78] = a[72]
q[79] = a[74]
q[80] = a[75]
q[81] = a[77]
q[82] = a[78]
q[83] = a[80]
q[84] = a[81]
q[85] = a[83]
q[86] = a[84]
q[87] = a[86]
q[88] = a[87]
q[89] = a[89]
q[90] = a[90]
q[91] = a[92]
q[92] = a[93]
q[93] = a[95]
q[94] = a[96]
q[95] = a[99]

The reason it stops at qlvl95 is because there seems to be a hardcap of alvl99. Funnily enough, there is an affix of alvl110 in the files, but it seems that, just as with ilvl: if alvl > 99, then alvl = 99. The poor affix never had a chance!

Note that I have crafted every single qlvl at clvl 1 and at clvl99. In both cases, the maximum alvl was exactly the same.
I've tested armor and weapons, there was no difference.

qlvl1 - qlvl64 is a different story, which is why I haven't posted those (yet). Clvl does matter for those qlvls, so I'll need a lot more time to finish that list.

Last edited:
did you plug the values into excel? :p

See what kind fo curve best describes it ;)
(though this is more complicated due to floor/ceiling function being used I guess)

I remember reading somewhere that ilvl isn't capped to 99 until the game saves. I can't think of any scenario where that matters, though.

IIRC the 110 affix was 46-50 life on GCs, which would be spawnable from containers in area_lvl 110+ areas. If there were such areas. Rerolling them would NOT help, as 1.07 sets the ilvl to 1, and you'd need to save the game (capping ilvl at 99) to forward the charm.

@pharphis I've never used excel for such a purpose in my life. Maybe it's time to learn :p Cheers!

@helvete Interesting!
And so I figured I'd take a look, because it's only a quick test, but the theory doesn't seem to be true for 1.07:
Setting area_level to 110 will not allow alvl110 affixes to spawn. Even if area_level is 110, the maximum alvl that can spawn (on items from chests at least) is 99.

Although I doubt it; for all I know it's actually the area_level that's getting capped, rather than the ilvl. I don't know how I'd test this, however. I can imagine there are hacks out there that could tell me the area level of the level I'm in, but I'm reluctant to install stuff like that.
Or maybe the ilvl does get set to 110, and it's actually the alvl directly that gets capped at 99. Probably not though, and I don't think I can check this either.

Thanks for the input!

I read through my prior post and feel I should clarify that, although clvl doesn't affect alvl for qlvl>64, clvl is a factor in rolling for the number of affixes. Note that clvl doesn't increase the maximum possible number of affixes, but in stead bumps up the minimum. (This was known, but I figured I might as well confirm it.)

Unfortunately, the breakpoints for minimum number of affixes are: ilvl31, ilvl61 and ilvl91, and not 31 / 51 / 71 as WoRG posted a while back. (I'm guessing those numbers were taken from 1.09?)
So to get a guaranteed 3 affixes, you'd need to be clvl93.

I did bump into another small bug: If a recipe generates +%ac as automod, and the suffix of Paleocene (+3 defense per level) spawns, the automod just vanishes. Neither are very interesting stats, though :p

Anyway, I figured out one of the formulas (but no conditions yet, so it's still kinda useless):
alvl = int(clvl*0.66) - int(qlvl/2)
This is true for qlvl1 through qlvl45. The formula changes at qlvl46, and possibly again at qlvl65. (This all assumes clvl99!)
Maybe the above one was known already and I've wasted my time, but I hadn't found it anywhere. The conditions and formulas I did find do not actually seem to apply to 1.07 crafting.

But yeah, it's kinda useless to have only one formula without a condition, but it's a start I suppose.
I'm getting the impression there's a simple condition along the lines of; if qlvl > ilvl.
But I'll just dump the data I used to deduce it. It just lists the alvl for every qlvl up to 95, at clvl99:
Code:
 (clvl = 99)

q 1 = a65
 q 2 = a64
 q 3 = a64
 q 4 = a63
 q 5 = a63
 q 6 = a62
 q 7 = a62
 q 8 = a61
 q 9 = a61
 q10 = a60
 q11 = a60
 q12 = a59
 q13 = a59
 q14 = a58
 q15 = a58
 q16 = a57
 q17 = a57
 q18 = a56
 q19 = a56
 q20 = a55
 q21 = a55
 q22 = a54
 q23 = a54
 q24 = a53
 q25 = a53
 q26 = a52
 q27 = a52
 q28 = a51
 q29 = a51
 q30 = a50
 q31 = a50
 q32 = a49
 q33 = a49
 q34 = a48
 q35 = a48
 q36 = a47
 q37 = a47
 q38 = a46
 q39 = a46
 q40 = a45
 q41 = a45
 q42 = a44
 q43 = a44
 q44 = a43
 q45 = a43

(clvl = 99)

q46 = a43
 q47 = a44
 q48 = a44
 q49 = a45
 q50 = a45
 q51 = a46
 q52 = a46
 q53 = a47
 q54 = a47
 q55 = a48
 q56 = a48
 q57 = a49
 q58 = a49
 q59 = a50
 q60 = a50
 q61 = a51
 q62 = a51
 q63 = a52
 q64 = a52

(clvl irrelevant)

q65 = a53
 q66 = a54
 q67 = a56
 q68 = a57
 q69 = a59
 q70 = a60
 q71 = a62
 q72 = a63
 q73 = a65
 q74 = a66
 q75 = a68
 q76 = a69
 q77 = a71
 q78 = a72
 q79 = a74
 q80 = a75
 q81 = a77
 q82 = a78
 q83 = a80
 q84 = a81
 q85 = a83
 q86 = a84
 q87 = a86
 q88 = a87
 q89 = a89
 q90 = a90
 q91 = a92
 q92 = a93
 q93 = a95
 q94 = a96
 q95 = a99

I did bump into another small bug: If a recipe generates +%ac as automod, and the suffix of Paleocene (+3 defense per level) spawns, the automod just vanishes. Neither are very interesting stats, though :p
*Something* like this happens with the 1.08 'deadly' crafts. I can't be bothered to dig them up but I uploaded a bunch for readouts and my thoughts on it last september, in the Anything Goes D2 Lounge thread iirc. MAYBE in late august. Poor memory atm.

Thanks! I'll look that up.
I wonder how many of these crafting bugs there really are, like the leech bug, the MPK bug..
And iirc the socket-affixes just do nothing, while they do take up a affix slot? :D

Couple grailers from the same map:
Code:
Schaefer's Hammer
Legendary Mallet
One-Hand Damage: 80 to 224
Required Strength: 145
Required Level: 79
Mace Class - Normal Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x2d0a8021
+50 to Life
+75% Enhanced Damage
Lightning Resist +50%
20% Increased Attack Speed
150% Damage to Undead
5% Chance to cast Level 5 Static Field on striking
+132 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+528 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

Blackoak Shield
Luna
Defense: 96
Chance to Block:  40%
Smite Damage: 17 to 29
Required Strength: 100
Required Level: 61
Indestructible
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x76499fba
+30 to Dexterity
+100 to Life
50% Faster Block Rate
Half Freeze Duration
4% Chance to cast Level 5 Weaken when struck
+2% to Defense (Based on Character Level)
+0 to Cold Absorb (Based on Character Level)

I'll continue running this map for magic Lunas, and the Upper Kurast WP has racks that drop Spiderweb Sashes (for 1.08 safety crafts, maybe) and Espandons (gotta get that Crainte Vomir). I can also manipulate the armor rack to drop Balrog Skins...

On top of that RoF WP has the super chests near by. So yeah, I think I'll be with this map for a while!

I've never used blackoak, but is it really good for something? I'd imagine the stats make it good for being a "shield" i.e. actual blocking. But the lack of res or +skills is a draw back. Cold absorb isn't nearly as useful as light/fire sorb would be!

if you don't need fcr OR 60+ res from broken magic shields I think it's great for casters because +100 life and cold absorb makes quite the difference for safety. The +dex is nice too if you need it for wizzeh, though I always do 75 in hard points anyway.

Maybe I just love sorb :D

I was also going to say, the dex helps with blocking too later on

Maybe I'll try it out with a new wierd build or something. That with Blood runeword xD

...10 years later

lol

I used it on my sorc until I decided I'd prefer wall of the eyeless or whatever it is with fcr

I think I've seen Blackoak being used by a shapeshifter (maybe Amazon?). Combination of the low-ish but fast block was the reason, I believe. It was probably the +1.09 version, but they're not that different.

Hey,
could anyone tell me where I can find the qlvls of Sets/Uniques, so I know which Items can be dropped by Council/Actbosses ?

Tyvm in advance !

Okay, thank you, i will do that.

E: If someone finds this interesting: Here are the Elite Set-Items which cant be dropped by Super Uniques in Hell (according to ATMA's Dropcalc).

Elite Set-Items which cant be dropped by Super-Uniques in Hell:

Aldur's Deception (uul)
Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge (7gd)
Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian (7wd)
Credendum (umc)
Griswold's Honor (paf)
Griswold's Redemption (7ws)
Griswold's Valor (urn)
Immortal King's Soul Cage (uar)
Immortal King's Stone Crusher (7m7)
Laying of Hands (ulg)
M'avina's Caster (amc)
M'avina's Embrace (uld)
Naj's Light Plate (ult)
Natalya's Mark (7qr)
Natalya's Shadow (ucl)
Ondal's Almighty (uhm)
Sazabi's Cobalt Redeemer (7ls)
Sazabi's Ghost Liberator (upl)
Taebaek's Glory (uts)
Tal Rasha's Guardianship (uth)
Trang-Oul's Girth (utc)
Trang-Oul's Guise (uh9)

Elite Set-Items which can be dropped by Super-Uniques in Hell:

Dangoon's Teaching (7ma)
Dark Adherent (uui) (Not Council)
Naj's Puzzler (6cs) (Not Council)
M'avina's True Sight (ci3)

Last edited:
@IQuitWoWForThis As far as I've checked, ATMA is correct about drop chances, but not always about which monsters can drop what:
The drops of all Act Bosses, and of most Super Uniques, are broken on Nightmare and Hell. These monsters actually drop as if it's Normal.
The only Super Uniques whose drops aren't broken are Blood Raven and The Smith. Note that even though all unique Council members have broken drops, the Council minions do not. (These minions make Travincal runs worth it!)
I think ATMA should be fine, otherwise. :)
Edit: This only applies to "unique" SUs; SUs that also spawn as normal monsters in the game, are fine.

Well, I feel that what I've found on the crafting formulas now is substantial enough to share. It took more time than needed because I was just too stubborn/lazy to sit down and plan things out beforehand. But, squeezing in 15 minutes here and 20 minutes there eventually got me enough numbers to work something out.

Anyway, here's what I have.
Note that I've only done tests with the 30 "lesser" and "greater" crafting recipes, so this might not apply to any other recipe. I've also not looked at items with a magic_level of >0:

Code:
 if qlvl < 45
    if qlvl < ilvl, then alvl = ilvl - ( qlvl / 2 )
    else alvl = ( qlvl + 1 ) / 2
 else
    if qlvl < ilvl, then alvl = ( ( 2 * ilvl ) + qlvl - 89 ) / 2
    else alvl = ( ( qlvl * 3 ) - 89 ) / 2

Since I can't code, in stead I've made a small excel sheet on Google that will tell you the maximum alvl that can spawn on your item. You should be able to download it: Link

Here are two screenshots with examples:

My character is level 40 and the quality level of the item is 25. All I have to do is enter these two numbers into the corresponding red cells, and then just follow the chart. The ilvl gets set automatically, and you can use this number to compare to qlvl.

You start at formula #1, and look to the right to see the first condition (if qlvl < 45), which is true.
Then the chart moves to the right, and checks for the next condition (if qlvl < ilvl), which is true also.
So this (formula #1) is where you stop.
All you do now is read the number in the orange cell; in this case, maximum possible alvl is 14:

9LrOM1I.png

My character is level 66 and the quality level of the item is 63.
The first condition (if qlvl < 45) is false, so you move straight down to #3.
This condition (if qlvl < ilvl) again is false, and the only place left to end up is #4;
maximum possible alvl is 50.

b4zK7cd.png

For anyone interested, I've cleaned up what I used as a reference to figure out the formulas and conditions: Link
The orange lines simply indicate that different formulas are used above/below it.

I know the formulas look weird, so I'm open to the idea that I've made mistakes. So if anyone decides to take a look and thinks anything's incorrect, just lemme know!

Last edited:
How the heck were you able to figure this out ??

Also thx for your clarification on SU Drops =)

Haha, great gif :D
No problem!

Basically, I got me a bunch of numbers, and then I stared at them :p
Well, and some trial-and-error.

Nothing on the ilvl crafting bug though, I have no idea where I'd start. Probably not gonna happen unless someone spots a connection.
Maybe some day I'll start fishing for bugs similar to the MPK ring and the leech crafts, though I doubt there are bugs as powerful/useful as those.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High