1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Si señor! I "needed" them to be correct, otherwise there wouldn't really be a point. ;p The list was made only as a reference for magic find and racking.
I went by every unique one by one, taking the item code and the Qlvl from uniqueitems.txt, and then used the item code to get the name and qlvl from armor.txt and weapons.txt. Can't say it wasn't tedious, but at least there should be no errors in the item codes or the numbers. :D
The names do need a look-at, but the only way to do that right is to actually have the uniques, and I only have a few of'em.

Finally hit that gold Balrog Skin!

K6TqQio.jpg

K6TqQio.jpg

DIv6NRU.jpg

I didn't count the exact number of runs, all I can say is I got 32 greens before Arkaine's dropped, took abit over 20 hours of gameplay.

I'm now working on a Bramble Mitts rack, shouldn't take too long in comparison.

I find racking demands a lot more stamina than 1.13 LK runs or Travi runs, the result is more certain but on the whole it feels less rewarding. If I found a Shako rack soon don't know if i'd have it in me to do another 20 hours.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

screensddwww0804cl1l.jpg

Well that was extremely lucky. I hope i dont have to do 1650 now, to get the second oO

Edit: Graaaaaaatz @ the Arcaines Drop =DDDDD

I've updated my "fix-it" mod to now include a toggleable throttle command! Sigh, the neglected Diablo series never gets any fixes yet BOTH Starcraft and Warcraft received a throttling ability. Check it out, huge performance gain on a Quad-Core 2.5ghz laptop!
cpud2.png

wozzlebottle said:
Quick question: does anyone know if socket recipe works on forwarded 1.07 eth items?

Any items forwarded will work as normal in that patch. For certain items however, people prefer to socket them in 1.07. Due to a bug, some items have a lower socket cap.

Here's the table for reference. This is the MAX sockets allowed for each item type based on ilvl. Some items however, specify more or less than the max. For example, shields specify 3os even though they can get 4os. Orbs and heads cannot get sockets, even though the actual item is set to be able to. These issues were fixed in 1.09 for everything except circlets (still capped to 1os) which was fixed in 1.10.

Code:
ITEM TYPE          ILVL (1.07/1.08)       ILVL (1.09+)                       NOTES                 
                   1-25  26-40  41+    1-25  26-40  41+                                             
Shield              3      3      4     3      3      4                   No shields specify 4os in 1.07
Body Armor          3      4      6     3      4      6            No body armor specifies more than 4os
Scepter             3      5      6     3      5      6                                             
Wand                2      2      2     2      2      2                                             
Staff               5      6      6     5      6      6                                             
Bow                 3      4      5     3      4      6                                             
Axe                 4      5      6     4      5      6                                             
Club                3      4      6     3      4      6                                             
Sword               3      4      5     3      4      6                                             
Hammer              3      4      6     3      4      6                                             
Knife               2      3      3     2      3      3                                             
Spear               3      4      4     3      4      6                                             
Polearm             3      4      4     3      4      6             Max 4os is good for Infinity/Insight
Crossbow            3      4      6     3      4      6                                             
Mace                3      4      6     3      4      6                                             
Helm                2      2      3     2      2      3                                             
Assassin Claw       2      3      3     2      3      3                                             
Sorceress Orb       0      0      0     2      3      3                             Bugged at no sockets
Necromancer Head    0      0      0     2      3      3                             Bugged at no sockets
Paladin Shield      3      4      4     3      4      4                                             
Barbarian Helm      2      3      3     2      3      3                                             
Druid Pelt          2      3      3     2      3      3                                             
Circlet             1      1      1     1      2*     3*                        Bugged at 1os until 1.10
Amazon Bow          3      4      5     3      4      5                                             
Amazon Spear        3      4      4     3      4      6

Last edited:
Well it appears to be up now. You know there's only one thing worse than burping on an upset stomach. That would be the forums going under lol! Hopefully it's fixed.

Just fyi, the brackets are [1-25], [26-40] and [41-99] in 1.07.
For example an ilvl25 Long Bow will get 3 sockets, not 4. And an ilvl40 Long Bow will get 4 sockets, not 5.
Way to rain on the parade! Yeah you are correct, didn't quite get enough sleep. Tables updated.

What exactly is this fix-it mod ?
It's an extension to singling which fixes a couple compatibility issues with modern computers. This would include cpu performance, local upload delays, and CD/Copy protection (Microsoft recently removed copy protection support in Windows 10).

The change was also pushed in an update for Win7/8 as well. The difference being that Win7/8 and at least still HAVE the drivers so you can manually turn it back on. I've found it broke some securom/safedisk games regardless though.

As @Fruit mentioned a few pages back, ATMA's drop calc is not correct for 1.07 or 1.08. This is because:

a) ATMA looks for softcoded super unique drops--but they are hardcoded
b) ATMA uses all tiers for bosses--even though they only use one
c) ATMA thinks unique monsters can spawn in areas they cannot

All of these issues are fixed now. You can download the fix in the 1.08 thread or get it HERE. It applies to both 1.07 and 1.08 and should fix the incorrect results.

Edit: just as an FYI, super unique monsters drop from their base unique type. In other words, the Cow King will drop the same way as a Unique Cow. Bishibosh will drop the same way as a Unique Fallen Shaman, etc. One caveat about this is that Boneash (Inner Cloister) will drop from an Act 2 Unique monster, giving him higher level loot than Andariel!!

Does anyone know:

1) Do the normal diff merces have better stats than their hell pendants ?

2) What is the optimal lvl to do hell ancients in order to get the maximum of lvl ups ?

Thanks as always !

ancients give a set amount of EXP, so it really doesn't matter in 1.07 unless you're aiming for 99, at which point you should do it at 98 like most versions

All of these issues are fixed now. You can download the fix in the 1.08 thread or get it HERE. It applies to both 1.07 and 1.08 and should fix the incorrect results.

nice! about time someone did it :p

Does anyone know:

1) Do the normal diff merces have better stats than their hell pendants ?

2) What is the optimal lvl to do hell ancients in order to get the maximum of lvl ups ?

Thanks as always !

1) Yep.
2) As pharphis implied; the later the better. I can confirm that the quest gives 1,4m, 20m or 40m XP, depending on difficulty. And 1 XP per killed Ancient on all difficulties ;P

Technically, it's best to keep the quests for when you're lvl98, because the majority of monsters will give very little experience by then.
First, there's a global penalty of 1/5 on clvl91-clvl98, and on top of that there will be a penalty if monsters are 6 or more levels below you.
For example regular/minion Cows or Council members on Hell will grant you only 8,6% of their XP at clvl98. Maybe even less, depending on how XP is calculated/rounded.
The global penalty kicks in at clvl76 (1/2), and gets worse at 81 (1/3), again at 86 (1/4), and is at its worst at 91 (1/5).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High