1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

I have kept a Kelpie on the merc and used it myself. The slow does work, but it appears to reset when the monster changes its animation. So at best you could notice a hit at the beginning of an attack slowing it down, or while a monster is chasing you while you are running away and the merc hits it, and the monster stays course. I haven't done real definitive tests, and I am not at the computer where I would have written anything down.

Fabian: I think Jab is the next best thing to whittle down cows if you don't want to switch to a bow (and if you do Guided is the quickest for me, elementals stink in 1.07). A requirement for my cow running javs is ctc amplify damage, so they are usually amped in which case a quick jabbing is easy enough. I do agree that Rattlecage is poo-poo for the moo-moos.

Still using Rattlecage, still hating it. What kind of setup do you prefer? Is it just straight up better to go with 75% CB and not have to deal with the stupid Rattlecage?

I have no Amp damage Javelins, but I could see how that would be worth getting. Hm hm.

You can also get Amp on a bow...might make the flee on Rattlecage a little less annoying.
Code:
Ghoul Quarrel
Grand Matron Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 34 to 170
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 161
Required Strength: 134
Required Level: 88
Bow Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0x1b7a2c42
+22 to Life
+144% Enhanced Damage
+81 to Attack Rating
Adds 3-126 lightning damage
5% Life stolen per hit
+2 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
[highlight]5% Chance to cast Level 1 Amplify Damage on striking[/highlight]
WoRG

That's weird because even if it is the same thing that happens with Superior Ethereal Weapons in ATMA, it doesn't happen in-game also.

If I remember later I'll check my stashes for any ethereal blue weapon with ED :)

But the spear of the gods shows the %ED in-game. If I understood zemaj correctly his doesn't show the mod.

Did a spot check of eth blues from my stashes...checked several dozen weapons, all of them list the %ED ingame (and of course, none of them list it in ATMA...even when you forward them to later patches...)

Since I was in 1.07 anyway, I did some runs...got this
Code:
Magewrath
Rune Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 35 to 87
Required Dexterity: 103
Required Strength: 73
Required Level: 43
Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x1340614a
+10 to Dexterity
+150% Enhanced Damage
+35 to Minimum Damage
+75 to Maximum Damage
Magic Damage Reduced by 30
15% Mana stolen per hit
+3 to Guided Arrow (Amazon Only)
Hit Blinds Target +0
150% Bonus to Attack Rating
Not sure how to feel about this one...obviously it has the 1.07 'issue' with +min/+maxdam on unique 2handers, and though listed ingame, the blinding DOESN'T work (note its +0)...but the MDR is HUGE, and it gives a nice %AR bonus instead of flat 200-250AR like modern Magewrath...its also missing the +1 Zon skills. If the +min/max was applied, I'd say it was better, but as it is, I dunno...

WoRG

I've been glancing this thread and the 1.07 guides there and there but I couldn't find an easy to read list of what uniques different act bosses *can* drop in hell difficulty. Has anyone done such lists? If not how I can make them? Do Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto, Diablo and Baal have the same drops on Hell difficulty or can for example Baal drop something Andariel can't? Atma's drop calculator doesn't help me since it lists drop chances for stuff that can't drop.
Repusz's 1.07 guide said:
they never drop from over TC 40. Too bad...
So where should I look if I want to know if item x can drop or not?

I've gathered enough MF gear to reach that ~556+ something breakpoint when all drops from act bosses turn into uniques and now I'm wondering what I actually can get for it (in addition to 1.07 Saracen's Chance).

Edit: Thanks WoRg! I'll definitely have to add that link to my bookmarks.

Last edited:

List Here... Prepare to get all the Rattlecages you could EVER need :p

I don't think I ever got around to posting this:
Code:
Saracen's Chance
Amulet
Required Level: 47
Fingerprint: 0x7119bbe
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
All Resistances +15
3% Chance to cast Level 5 Amplify Damage on striking
2% Chance to cast Level 5 Iron Maiden when struck
A couple nice LLD-capable charms:
Code:
Prefix 1036(Ruby) Grand Charm of Strength
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 10 <----------actually 22
Fingerprint: 0x6b133851
+5 to Strength
Fire Resist +34%

Prefix 899(Steel) Grand Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 23  <-------actually 29
Fingerprint: 0x432ad120
+24 to Life
+102 to Attack Rating
WoRG

Decided to quit futzing about and run my main 1.07 character up to 99...she has been at 98 for a long while now (hell Baal occasionally one-shots her...occupational hazzard, he's NASTY, and she is usually XP sharing with a horde of mules/rushees)

Been wanting to score some of the harder to get unique jewelry, and also some rare jewels for rerolling in 1.08, so I decided to level her on Meph&Durance3 councils / Diablo&SealBosses while wearing her MF gear...it worked a treat (though I think I now have enough 1.07 Nagels to weave a suit of chainmail from them :p )

New shineys:
Code:
The Rising Sun
Amulet
Required Level: 65
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x1a973635
Adds 24-48 fire damage
+4 to Light Radius
2% Chance to cast Level 7 Meteor when struck
+1 to Fire Absorb (1 per Character Level)

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x720b9261
Lightning Resist +35%
Adds 5-20 lightning damage
+1 to All Skill Levels
30% Faster Run/Walk

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x654f8733
Lightning Resist +35%
+1 to All Skill Levels
30% Faster Run/Walk

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x356fea88
Lightning Resist +35%
+1 to All Skill Levels
30% Faster Run/Walk

Atma's Scarab
Amulet
Required Level: 60
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x18acd17d
Poison Resist +75%
Adds 29-39 poison damage over 4 seconds
Attacker Takes Damage of 4
+3 to Light Radius
2% Chance to cast Level 4 Amplify Damage on striking

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x72ec317
Cold Resist +35%
Adds 15-25 cold damage
Cannot Be Frozen
4% Chance to cast Level 5 Frost Nova when struck

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x2451d5b5
+20 to Life
+50 to Maximum Stamina
4% Life stolen per hit
+1 to All Skill Levels

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x24d36548
+20 to Mana
Adds 1-12 lightning damage
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
+1 to All Skill Levels
Also got a nice selection of new gold bone shields, demonhide sashes, serpentskin armors, etc...and a few rare jewels, too. Charms, however, have sucked bad until last night...I was talking to a gaming buddy on the phone and griped about it, and within the next few runs, I got this!:
Code:
Prefix 849 Grand Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0xd9d46bf2
+40 to Maximum Damage
Of course, I didn't get any other nice charms, but if you have to get just one, this is it!! :thumbup:

WoRG

Wow, great find! I have a lot of 1.07 +max damage charms in the 30 to 38 range but no +40 ones and I spent a lot of time in 1.07 (particularly cows) hoping for such a charm...

So I am running a HC 1.07 character to gear up some of my HC 1.13 toons...(will see if that happens, this might end up being a long lay over!) anyway. I haven't been able to figure out the mules/modified dll file. Can someone send me in the right direction or tell me what I need to do. I have the trenshadow/mattnim version switcher going. I know that MF is bugged...even if I don't get to certain breakpoints does my chance for magical items increase. Say I have 24% mf right now...does that still work like normal?

MF does not work like normal...it does help, but only a miniscule amount compared to later patches, until you can hit those breakpoints (in Hell difficulty, BTW). I certainly don't think MF is useless, but don't go outta your way for it, either...until you're specifically MF'ing.

I personally MP using different computers instead of multi-instance (running multiple instances of the game on the same computer)...I've heard of people using fast user switching (where you create multiple user accounts on the computer and have each account run a game session) or by using the modded .dll...here is what yuiman wrote about using the modified .dll
To use a modified D2gfx.dll in any version with the version switcher launching script requires 2 different launching shortcuts.
The first and primary shortcut is the normal one you create - pointing to LaunchModGame.vbs in the respective version directory, with the version subdirectory in the Start In box.
The second shortcut points to CProgram Files\Diablo II\game.exe (NOT the version subdirectory), but has the Start In value of the version subdirectory.
Use the primary shortcut the first (or only) instance of the game, and use the second shortcut for each subsequent instance that you want to run. Add "-w" or create an additional shortcut if you want the multiple instances to run in windowed mode.
To make sure things clean up properly at the end of your gaming session, you should quit all the additional instances before quitting the main instance launched with the script.
Note: Whilst bumping up the players setting does give you more exp per monster, be aware that due to the usually low damage of 1.07 characters you may find this method slows your progress through the game significantly.
WoRG

Is a Demon Machine/Buriza-Do-Kyanon a good weapon for a FO sorc in v1.07? I read somewhere that when an item adds %chance to pierce, it improves the effect of cold tree skills, and wanted to confirm.

I read that, too. I was under the impression Demon Machine was the best weapon for a cold sorc for that reason. Never heard about Buriza in 1.07, though. . . Does it exist in 1.07?

I'm curious also because I've never heard that.

A quick couple of questions:
- Do items (a charm in this case) keep their lvl req after forwarding or do they get the new requirements?
- Where to put skills after maxing FO, mastery and static on a cold sorc. Maybe one of the cold armors?

I don't remember any case where charms got new requirements.
Weapons that have got their level and stat requirements changed in later versions will change.

My sorc has the remaining points in warmth and teleport (to make her have better mana regen and need less mana, respectively). If I knew I'd get such nice items/levels overtime I wouldn't have maxed SF and would have pick a second skill+mastery.

Is a Demon Machine/Buriza-Do-Kyanon a good weapon for a FO sorc in v1.07? I read somewhere that when an item adds %chance to pierce, it improves the effect of cold tree skills, and wanted to confirm.

No, it does not improve the effect of cold tree skills; it does not add to cold mastery. It will allow some skills to pierce, though, which is quite unique. Fireball is one of them, I have a post somewhere in this thread I will dig up real quick like. I do not believe the shards of frozen orb were allowed to pierce, and now that I sit here and think about it, I don't remember if I tested if the "orb passing through a monster stops doing damage" bug is fixed by wearing something with pierce.

Edit: Apparently you can only search for posts made in this thread this year?
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/sh...o-and-Gossip&p=7880784&viewfull=1#post7880784

I was just standing still casting fireballs at a mule character. I did have visions of making a fireball sorc in 1.07 using pierce. If I ever find a Razortail I just might...

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High