1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Demon Machine doesn't exist in 1.07. Buriza does exist, but is not as good as later, and in any case, pierce is broken on all exceptional/elite base uniques in 1.07 (including Razortail) and only gives 1% piercing (normal base uniques with pierce DO work, so Ichorsting(50%), Doomslinger(35%), and Stormstrike(10%) do work)

Pierce DOES work with spells in 1.07, and not just cold spells...Fireball, for example, works VERY well with pierce (I haven't tried Charged Bolt, but imagine it would work quite well also). Pierce doesn't increase the effectiveness of the spells per se, but rather works just like it does for Zons...when you hit a mob, and pierce triggers, the attack will continue on and can hit other mobs behind the first. Note that this doesn't help AoE spells like Blizz or Meteor, and Lightning already pierces...

@Cyrax: as Nulio said, charms will keep the rlvl they spawned with in 1.07...I believe other items keep the rlvl from their affixes, but the rlvls on many base items changed from 1.07 -> 1.08+, and that will often change the rlvl for those items...

As Nulio suggested, you could always go for another skill+mastery...I've also thought that getting Blizz at a high level might speed up Boss kills, or any run on a single target, where most of the shards from FO are missing, but I haven't test that yet...and you could do worse than to pump Shiver Armor, I know it has saved my sorc on many occasions...

Here is a 1.07 Buriza, BTW:
Code:
Buriza-Do Kyanon
Ballista
Two-Hand Damage: 72 to 121
Required Dexterity: 80
Required Strength: 110
Required Level: 41
Crossbow Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x7b25a93a
+35 to Dexterity
+120% Enhanced Damage
+75 Defense
50% Increased Attack Speed
Piercing Attack [1]
+2 to Maximum Damage (2.5 per Character Level)
WoRG

I heard that when using WW, the off-hand weapon does not do any damage. What is the mechanic for this? Does that the other weapon only matters for speed and bonuses? What does the off-hand weapon do? Is it better to wield 2-handed?

(I searched around a bit and couldn't find anything...)

I started a HC 1.07 Char but cant decide between a Barb or Sorc. Going without any gear is a bit rough. :p

The off-hand weapon is not used to attack with WW...it also will NOT help your speed any, 1.07 does NOT average weapon speeds when dual-wielding (so it's also impossible to speed-bug weapons on barbs and assassins in 1.07). The off-hand weapon still gives the usual bonuses, however...so +skills, +life/mana, +rez, +MF/GF, etc. are good. Also note that in 1.07, WW CAN trigger CtC mods...but it will stop your whirl immediately (and usually NOT where you wanna be...).

WoRG

Thanks! That is helpful information. I assume that modifiers impacting only that weapon (life leech, ED% to demons/undead, etc.) will not make a difference?

Now I am trying to make sense of magic find items.

When a drop occurs, the game checks for the quality of the item [...]. The base ?Chance? value for each quality is listed below:

Unique: 1000
Rare: 200
Set: 125
Magic: 30

[...] The final equation adjusted for boss/champion and mf bonuses looks like this:

Final Modified Chance = (128*Chance - (128*Cx*Chance/1024 ) - X*MF)/128

Cx is a bonus factor that bosses and champions get, it?s 983 for Act Bosses and 800 for uniques and champs. The X factor is a MF bonus, 4 for NM and 9 for Hell.
So if I am fighting the NM Council and want rares, the equation looks like this:

Chance = (128*200 - (128*800*200/1024) - 4*MF)/128
Chance = (25600 - (20000) - 4*MF)/128
Chance = (5600 - 4*MF)/128

With a imaginary MF value:

Chance = (5600 - 4*300)/128
Chance = 34.375

So approximately 1/3rd of the items dropped will be rare (or higher)?

And in Hell, the only difference is that the equation reads:

Chance = (5600 - 9*300)/128
Chance = 22.656

So approximately 1/5th of the items dropped will be rare (or higher)?

No, you missed an important bit in the second elipsis in your quote...(important bit bolded)
Class specific items have roughly half these values. The odds for any given quality are 1/Chance, or 1/1000 in the case of uniques. This is for a normal monster or rack, and is unmodified by MF. There is also a modifier for item qlvl vs. mlvl, but it has very little effect and I have dropped it for now.
So your example w/300MF would give 1/34.376 = 2.9% chance of rare quality in NM, and 1/22.656 = 4.4% chance of rare in Hell. (up from a roughly 2.2% chance w/0MF, in both difficulties)

Note that if you push your MF to 608, all drops from Hell champs/uniques will drop with rare quality or better!! To achieve this in NM would require an unobtainable 1368MF!!

WoRG

I am working through HC 1.07 with my sorc. This is my first 1.07 character and so far it has been a lot of fun. I have 3 mpk rings so far (one is a +32) no fast cast/mpk yet though. I am at normal chaos sanctuary and now have a couple of questions. OK knights practically one shot me. I assume this is due to my miserable resists. I have been working on running LK/trav to cube up pdiamonds for my 3os shield and money for gambling. Can I expect this to help or is OK damage somehow bugged? Also I am a bit nervous for Big D. I plan on using static and having better resists once my 3os shield is filled. Other tips, anything 1.07 specific I need to worry about? I know Hell Baal can one shot you with his manaburn, does the same apply to normal Baal? I just need to know how careful to be with him. Finally, I hear the ancients give a lot of good xp. I have been tempted to make some mules just for that fight, in case I deeds later (likely). Would doing so be worth it, or does it not really make that big of a difference? Double finally, I have a ton of stat points and skill points laying around (lvl 24) Could someone chime in on what to do with the stats. I plan to rack/MF with her. I will be going orb/CM and then trying to figure out what to do with the rest of the skills. Thanks!!

Resists will help with the OK damage...but I suggest dodging when you can :p
Note that 1.07 OKs will cast LR on you sometimes, and that can hurt, as it will increase their bone spirit damage considerably...

Normal/Nightmare Baal are not nearly as dangerous as Hell Baal. MSLE is a huge danger in 1.07, but can be handled with lots of MDR...

It takes a LOT of dex in 1.07 to get max blocking...I'd recommend a vita build for that reason.

What level do you have Static Field at? This is truely the killer skill for 1.07 sorcs, and I recommend you max it ASAP. Don't bother with Enchant, in 1.07 it doesn't give AR, and the damage is pathetic.

As you're lvl24, you should place your prereq point in blizzard and use it to kill the OKs while you dodge...get some FRW to help (lure the doom knights away and kill them first if you must) A shopped staff or lucky orb drop with +Blizzard can help the damage here...

For Big D, make sure you have a point in Teleport in case he cages you...static works a treat with all the act bosses, but make sure you have at least good fire rez, as you can't dodge his fire nova.

I really recommend self-MPing and rushing up some mules...the normal ancients quest will get them to lvl 24 from 0xp, and the extra quest rewards help to mitigate 1.07's stingyness (which I'm sure you've noticed by now ;) )

Also, a word of warning: Hell Duriel will occasionally instakill you when you step into his chamber (as in, the first thing you see, before you can do ANYTHING, is the deeds screen...) I lost my HC sorc to that last weekend :weep:

WoRG

Thanks WoRG for all of your advice in 1.07! I just deeded last night at normal trav. It was a really dumb deeds (sort of goes without saying as this is normal :) ) I was low on life after one of the death explosions from a council member and was pounding the keys for my big purple and her bulb just would not fill up. Then deeds. Then I look and realize my fingers are on the F1-4 keys instead of numbers 1-4:doh:. Had a full belt of them too :(. I lost my +32mpk ring, all my diamonds, and my sigon's boots, but other than that it isn't too bad. I think I will miss the boots the most as they really helped with the cold explosions and speed up my runs quite a bit. I will be starting up another sorc here soon. I tried to do the modified dll thing to run mules but I keep getting an error stating that diablo can only run one copy at a time. I followed the instructions Worg posted on the previous page. Is there an actual file I need to modify before doing the other shortcuts? Also is there a link to a guide in how one should go about building a MF sorc in 1.07? I have read through about half of this thread and haven't seen a specific guide. There are also a number of links in this thread to previous goodies about 1.07 that are now dead. I keep wondering if I have a dagger rack if I should run it for Gull, or just farm topazes, etc... I also have tried to figure out what if any runewords work in 1.07. I have come across some information but can't really confirm it. Stealth, leaf, lore, etc.. would be really nice boost. I'll keep plugging away and hopefully next time can ask more questions about Hell than Normal :)

edit: I figured out the modified.dll and got it working. Needed to look around a bit to figure it out. Also there are alive links to the 1.07 guides (in the stickies of all places :)) though when I try the links in this thread they were dead. So now my question is how close do the mules need to be to simulate a players 8 game. Can they just hang in town, or do they need to be in close proximity?

Last edited:

Oh man. that is rough. :( Don't let it discourage your from getting another char up and running,

I almost deeded there myself.

Try this build guide as well as this general guide for 1.07

Runewords can corrupt your cahracter in ATMA, I suggest to stay away from them.

Sorry to hear of the deeds, kstarm, but good job not giving up! Also good job on getting MP going...to simulate a /P# game, they just need to be in-game, even in another act is fine for that. If you bother to party with them and keep them in the same area, they will leech XP and you'll also get a MF bonus, they don't have to be within a couple screens like modern patches, just in the same (named) area. I wouldn't worry about racking a gull, at least not yet...its only 50MF in 1.07, and MF is only of marginal utility in 1.07 unless you're in late NM/hell and hit certain breakpoints...

Solar Ice is correct that 1.07 runewords will cause ATMA to crash and/or corrupt your character, even Ancient's Pledge! If you are willing to assume the risk, then you should know that 1.07 has its own, different runewords (except Ancient's Pledge), that are typically really underpowered and overpriced anyway, but here is a list of possibly useful ones that are somewhat affordable:
Code:
Beauty (Helmet)
El Ral Eth
+3 light radius
50% MF
20% faster hit recovery
+15 defence
35% resist fire
+15% mana regeneration

Black (Club, Hammer, Mace)
Ith Sol Eld
100% enhanced damage vs undead
100 AR vs undead
7% mana steal
133% enhanced damage
7% life steal
+9 minimum damage
+9 maximum damage

Bone (Spear, Wand(LOL..wands can't get sockets in 1.07!!))
Lum Eld
250 AR vs undead
150% damage vs undead
180% enhanced damage
9% mana steal
+4 Poison and Bone skills
+10 energy

Bramble (Body Armour)
Eth Ral
47% enhanced defence
38% resist fire
33% resist lightning
10% faster run/walk
+15% mana regeneration

Brand (Sceptre, Sword)
El Hel Ral Ith
+2 light radius
+15-60 fire damage
100% enhanced damage
35% resist cold
50 AR
-20% requirements
+9 maximum damage

Bound by Duty (Body Armour)
Tir Amn El Ort
70% enhanced defence
30% faster hit recovery
+2 Defensive Auras
+30 life
2 MPK
ATD 14
+1 light radius
+15 defence
35% lightning resist

Crescent Moon (Axe, Sword, Polearm)
Eld Hel Um
100% enhanced damage
7% mana steal
30% IAS
20% AR bonus
75% enhanced damage vs undead
50 AR vs undead
-20% requirements
25% chance of open wounds

Death (Weapon)
Dol Lem Nef Tal Eth
33% deadly strike
133% enhanced damage
Prevent monster heal
+200 poison damage/1 seconds & +75 poison damage/5 seconds
5% life steal
25% chance hit makes monster flee
50% extra gold
Knockback
-25% target defence

Deception (Dagger)
Ko Dol Eth
52 poison damage/4 seconds
10% mana steal
ITD
199% enhanced damage
slows target by 50%
+10 dexterity
25% chance hit makes monster flee
-25% target defence

Delirium (Helmet)
Lem Ort Io
77% enhanced defence
44% resist cold
55% resist fire
66% resist poison
38% resist lightning
replenish life -3
50% extra gold
+10 vitality
My new HC sorc is now Conquerer, but I realized she has a fast and stable Grim Helm rack in nightmare LK, and a fairly stable small crescent rack in Halls of Vaught, so she's running those before moving on...crossing my fingers that whe she moves into Hell, Duriel doesn't instakill her like her predecessor. She's been running with 7 mules ingame, so /P8...it has really helped her level (now 68) and she has had some very nice drops as she progressed through, including a max roll MPK/FCR ring she rolled with sapphires found by her predecessor! Normal Diablo dropped Wall of the Eyeless, which is great for a sorc, and while running normal Baal for XP, he dropped her a Vipermagi, so she's doing really well for FCR. She's also gotten my first good 1.07 maxdam charms in HC:
Code:
Prefix 928 Grand Charm of Quality
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 22
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0x510045cc
+72 to Attack Rating
+22 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 966 Grand Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 37
Item Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x3c9b32bb
+51 to Mana
+20 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 974 Large Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 40
Item Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0x273f30a
+33 to Mana
+11 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 854 Large Charm of Balance
Required Level: 14
Item Level: 70
Fingerprint: 0x3ba63221
+12 to Maximum Damage
8% Faster Hit Recovery
WoRG

Thanks for the advice WoRG and SI. So far I have only been able to get one mule going. Every time I try to add another one via the shortcut or a different similarly named shortcut another instance of D2 will not start. At least now I can simulate a players 2 game! :) Hopefully my new sorc will fare better!

@WoRG some really great charms and mpk ring you got there!!

You need a modified .dll file. It's downloadable somewhere from this site, I think. I haven't actually used it myself, but if I ever continue on my old 1.07 project, I will consider it.

More progress with my new HC Sorc:
Turns out the rack in LK was not stable...but that if I TK the armor rack in the same room as the small crescent rack from next to that rack, it IS a stable grim helm rack... :smug:

Sooo...only 168 runs later, I got a gold drop! Decided to keep going for a green one, and got another gold one 9 runs later!! Didn't get a green one until run #257...also got several eth Small Crescents off the weapon rack :)
Code:
Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 252
Durability: 27 of 40
Required Strength: 58
Unidentified
Item Level: 68
Fingerprint: 0xaaf57867
+100% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Damage Reduced by 25%
8% Life stolen per hit
8% Mana stolen per hit
15% Slower Stamina Drain

Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Durability: 29 of 40
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xc15aab99
+100% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Damage Reduced by 25%
8% Life stolen per hit
8% Mana stolen per hit
15% Slower Stamina Drain

Natalya's Totem
Grim Helm
Durability: 32 of 40
Required Level: 59
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xe1dedcb2
+10 to Strength
+25 to Dexterity
+135 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
All Resistances +10
Also got some more nice charms while doing the runs...I especially like the rez@ LC!!
Code:
Damage Charms:

Prefix 926(Fine) Grand Charm of Craftmanship
Required Level: 11
Item Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x715dd79f
+17 to Attack Rating
+10 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 853(Forked) Large Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 34
Item Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0x3a276a95
+25 to Life
+9 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 856(Forked) Small Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 43
Item Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x2bace374
+10 to Maximum Damage

Resistance Charms:

Prefix 996(Shimmering) Large Charm of Balance
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0x17d590e3
All Resistances +12
8% Faster Hit Recovery

Prefix 1083(Emerald) Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x5fd0dabc
+19 to Life
Poison Resist +12%
Also got some nice results cubing resist rings and prismatic ammys:
Code:
PERFECT MPK/FCR ring!!
Prefix 1092(Triumphant) Ring of the Apprentice
Required Level: 3
Item Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0xa5eb87b6
10% Faster Cast Rate
[highlight]+37 to Mana After Each Kill[/highlight]

A very nice MF ring from the lite rez formula:
Prefix 988(Bahamut's) Ring of Fortune
Required Level: 31
Item Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x2bb94bf2
+120 to Mana
Lightning Resist +30%
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

and a wonderful twinking ammy from the prismatic formula:
Prefix 984(Dragon's) Amulet of Defiance
Required Level: 18
Item Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x500dd6dc
+39 to Mana
Fire Resist +33%
Lightning Resist +32%
Cold Resist +31%
Poison Resist +52%
Poison Length Reduced by 75%
Finally, found a great necro head for a boner! Forwarded, it would make a great Splendor base!
Code:
Fetish Trophy
Defense: 47
Chance to Block:  25%
Durability: 15 of 20
(Necromancer Only)
Required Strength: 41
Required Level: 30
Item Level: 70
Fingerprint: 0x7d83859f
Adds 25-50 poison damage over 4 seconds
+2 to Iron Golem (Necromancer Only)
+3 to Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
+3 to Bone Spirit (Necromancer Only)
Moving on into Hell now, wish me luck! :D

WoRG

So I just got my 1.07 patch working! Do I just use ATMA to mule items? Also, once I find items worth bringing forward, how do I bring them to 1.13?

Yes to atma.

Put the items in a mule, then open that character in 1.13. After that you can move those items to another 1.13 characters or stashes.

Yep, Atma can be used for anything but runewords.

There seems to be some differing opinion (at least time I checked) on what activity with runewords did or didn't crash Atma. Personally I have found I can use runewords on my characters and open said character in Atma but if I touch the runeword while Atma is open then I corrupt that character. Putting a runeword in a stash certainly corrupts that stash for me as well.

Also, iteams with the hit freezes target mod also seem to corrupt when used with Atma.

To move an item(s) forward you need to create a 1.07 mule in Atma, put the item(s) you want on the mule, then, open the mule in 1.13. Voila item(s) forwarded.

Yep, Atma can be used for anything but runewords.

There seems to be some differing opinion (at least time I checked) on what activity with runewords did or didn't crash Atma. Personally I have found I can use runewords on my characters and open said character in Atma but if I touch the runeword while Atma is open then I corrupt that character. Putting a runeword in a stash certainly corrupts that stash for me as well.

Also, iteams with the hit freezes target mod also seem to corrupt when used with Atma.

To move an item(s) forward you need to create a 1.07 mule in Atma, put the item(s) you want on the mule, then, open the mule in 1.13. Voila item(s) forwarded.

Wait, won't creating a 1.07 character make it not show up in my 1.13 character screen?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High