It is announced THIS VERY MOMENT! Remake is coming!

@maxicek I made the switch to a full gaming PC last year - wish I could say ”never looked back” but my 12yr old Macbook handled D2 SP just as well. It has however made me play games produced after 09 like @saracen85 noted 😂

I pre-purchased first thing this morning. I agree with a lot of what has been said but in the end, it will never replace D2 but it may be a REALLY fun game to play for what it is. Hopefully it will also attract new players to the game so that the SPF may truly be immortal.

Having played it for 20yrs on and off I feel like this was literary made for us, the community, and I will recieve it as a zakarum-esque offering!

/g

Reactions: D2DC
Is it strange that I find not only the gameplay but also the graphics from D2 Remastered more appealing than those from D4? D4 looks like D3.1 from graphics and gameplay...and D3 I didn't like very much (well, at least not for very long).

I do hope they do correct the formulae for the LCS though - what a bummer if we had to rename it to TTCS (truth telling character screen)...

Did anyone watch the Diablo Q&A?

I was looking through the live reactions thread in the Diablo Reddit and a couple people mentioned that the panel talked about "possible future content". Any addition context on that?

That is honestly what I was most excited about with the announcement of D2: Resurrected. Could we actually get a new patch with new content with all the buzz that D2:R generates?

I don't think we have more information regarding that at the moment. I would imagine it could be patches with litteral bug fixes or maybe new runewords.
I hope that I'm wrong, and that they do like a full fledge patch, but I worry, that they might not go down that route, as to make D2R too attractive to play compared to the future release of D4. But maybe the release of D4 is so far in the future, that it doesn't matter.

I would hope so!

Did anyone watch the Diablo Q&A?

I was looking through the live reactions thread in the Diablo Reddit and a couple people mentioned that the panel talked about "possible future content". Any addition context on that?

That is honestly what I was most excited about with the announcement of D2: Resurrected. Could we actually get a new patch with new content with all the buzz that D2:R generates?
That would basically necessitate an update to the original, no? Could be interesting. Aside from compatibility and playability issues, I can't recall any updates since 1.11 OTHER than the high rune change in 1.13+, which is basically just changing values in a table...

I watched the deep dive and agree that this looks very promising. The bits about supporting the mods and existing community may have sold me.

My one hope would be that there is an infinite stash because I am a pack rat and still enjoy picking up green rings.

Reactions: Grisu
That would basically necessitate an update to the original, no? Could be interesting. Aside from compatibility and playability issues, I can't recall any updates since 1.11 OTHER than the high rune change in 1.13+, which is basically just changing values in a table...
I'm not expecting anything that would require new art assets (especially since it looks like the remaster modeled out each individual item), but new uniques that have the same graphics as the base item, runewords, and bug fixes would theoretically be doable. All of that would still require time to balance and code though, so... 🤷‍♂️

I don't think we have more information regarding that at the moment. I would imagine it could be patches with litteral bug fixes or maybe new runewords.
I hope that I'm wrong, and that they do like a full fledge patch, but I worry, that they might not go down that route, as to make D2R too attractive to play compared to the future release of D4. But maybe the release of D4 is so far in the future, that it doesn't matter.
Well, we do know that D4 is still quite a ways out and definitely won't be happening this year, so I don't think there will be too much of an issue with them competing against each other.

Oh yeah, I personally think we are a couple of years out before it releases.

I would have loved a bigger inventory

40 space for charms and like 100 for picking up stuff. But you can't get boni from charms in the stuff-space, that would be my solution, and easy to program too.

I watched the rogue video from D4 after and was wondering if this remaster couldn't teach the D4 team something. I don't like the bright life bars over everything's heads, it detracts from the atmosphere.
What I cannot STAND is the floating numbers on hit. I can even handle the life bars. But comic book like numbers popping up and even notices like "Dodge!" just is the least diablo-like atmosphere ever. I have no idea why that seems to be complete ubiquitous in modern arpgs. It works fine in a game like wow, but anything with a serious atmosphere, it's just awful imo.

Reactions: stv and maxicek
I'm not expecting anything that would require new art assets (especially since it looks like the remaster modeled out each individual item), but new uniques that have the same graphics as the base item, runewords, and bug fixes would theoretically be doable. All of that would still require time to balance and code though, so... 🤷‍♂️
The coding part is easy and can be done in one day. Its all excel spreedsheets, basically add a name, point to the name and insert parameters. Adding new items isn't hard and never was since 1.10.

Lolz. I just realized... Will they fix War Scepter graphics in the remaster? 😅

That's just from the top of my head. I'm sure there are other item graphics that don't make sense in OG.

What I cannot STAND is the floating numbers on hit. I can even handle the life bars. But comic book like numbers popping up and even notices like "Dodge!" just is the least diablo-like atmosphere ever. I have no idea why that seems to be complete ubiquitous in modern arpgs. It works fine in a game like wow, but anything with a serious atmosphere, it's just awful imo.
Yeah, that stuff belongs in Final Fantasy franchise, it has no business in Diablo franchise. Same thing applies to graphics and art. In Final Fantasy, bright colour palettes and some cartoon feel is what I (as a fan) would expect. In the Diablo universe, I want at least 90% of the pixels be in the lower end of the brightness scale.

Reactions: Luhkoh
I think it would be very entertaining to play "D2 Cartooned," like Carbot did with the Starcraft Cartooned art overlay mod for Starcraft Remastered. I want to see white-sheets-with-eye-holes as fingermages, leapers with googly-eyes, and hydra-heads with cheeks that puff out big and fat right before they spit a firebolt. Even better would be pop-up notices when corpses explode, randomly selected from "Kersplat," "Kaboom," or "Splody-splode," etc. Anyway, it looks like the Resurrected engine would definitely facilitate that kind of re-skin.

Reactions: Luhkoh
The game looks amazing and listening to the deep dive has really got my hopes up. The team really seems to understand what makes D2 tick, and the amount of effort they've gone to make the game is incredible.

The new graphics are exactly what a Diablo games graphics should look like IMO and actually looks better than the D4 graphics.

Reactions: Babyhell
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High